Author Topic: Sakura Con 2011 (Apr 22-24) [schedule added]  (Read 84824 times)

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
Re: Sakura Con 2011 (Apr 22-24)
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2011, 05:35:01 am »
"I am going to be out of town for Easter."  there is no lie there that way. you will be out of down, and it is during easter. For an event that is on easter. So... Not really a lie. It is what I will be putting for my son's reason for missing school in September if he ends up going to NDK (A con in Colorado, the weekend after Kumoricon I think, or weekend before it.) with me. >< I am a bad mother. >< Or a cool one for taking him to a con.... ><;

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2011, 07:56:55 am »
My work is very understanding thank God. I've got the Friday and Saturday of Sakuracon off and I've reserved the week following to be paid vacation. So Houston we have abn EPIC WIN situation.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2011, 04:39:38 pm »
"I am going to be out of town for Easter."  there is no lie there that way. you will be out of down, and it is during easter. For an event that is on easter. So... Not really a lie. It is what I will be putting for my son's reason for missing school in September if he ends up going to NDK (A con in Colorado, the weekend after Kumoricon I think, or weekend before it.) with me. >< I am a bad mother. >< Or a cool one for taking him to a con.... ><;
I'm not sure you can get away with "Out of town for Easter" in September. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #303 on: March 27, 2011, 06:51:21 pm »
Can you hear that folks, that is the sound of Sakuracon coming closer and closer. Get ready to maxmize your fun.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:14:15 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #304 on: March 27, 2011, 09:43:01 pm »
OH GOD 35 DAYS I'M NOT READY FOR THIIIIIIS. I'm torn between being super-excited because it's almost here and full of terror because I've still got so much to dooooooo...

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #305 on: March 27, 2011, 09:55:33 pm »
^ I guess it really wouldn't help your stress levels if I mentioned it's actually 26?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #306 on: March 27, 2011, 10:12:00 pm »
...that was me failing and hitting a 3 where I meant to hit a 2, and then not noticing. I'm keeping an eye on the counter at the bottom of their website and wishing it would stop moving gosh dangit while I sew as fast as I can. Buuuut I'm also SUPER EXCITED like whoa. My stress levels are doing cartwheels right now. :/

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2011, 12:15:03 am »
Calm down. You'll be fine. :/

*forces a high energy HT split...* >.>'

Sewing during off days? Yes I can! Weeeeee! :D
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #308 on: March 28, 2011, 03:06:38 am »
"I am going to be out of town for Easter."  there is no lie there that way. you will be out of down, and it is during easter. For an event that is on easter. So... Not really a lie. It is what I will be putting for my son's reason for missing school in September if he ends up going to NDK (A con in Colorado, the weekend after Kumoricon I think, or weekend before it.) with me. >< I am a bad mother. >< Or a cool one for taking him to a con.... ><;
I'm not sure you can get away with "Out of town for Easter" in September. :P

Well.. the "Out of town for "something"" Is what I will be putting I meant. ^^;; hm.. What is in September the weekend of NDK?.... *will need to look that up.*

Chibachi Nero - No stress, cons should be fun. Relax. Be excited. but no stress. Stress spoils the fun, trust me. Every con I stressed about was nee... could have been better. When I just have fun and relax and be excited and myself and enjoy it. Then I have fun. Stress is pure evil I tell yeah, I banish thee, go eat bread with the Beelzebub. ... and for some reason that last like reminds me of Zed.... Bad wild arms!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:11:56 am by Roddy Manic »

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:35 am »
speaking of stress ..i have my senior paper thats due the day i head home 8|
.. one ting i hate about oregon & seniors D; SENIOR PROJECTS.
..anyone wanna do my school work so i can have a relaxed SCON ? 8D
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #310 on: March 30, 2011, 07:19:29 am »
I am fortunate enough to be a supervisor & have never been turned down for time off. Also been here going on 9 years now...

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #311 on: March 30, 2011, 07:34:28 am »
Hahaha I'm taking a driver's ed class and one of the day's of scheduled to drive is the Saturday of Sakuracon, so my mom is letting me use the "we're out of town for Easter" excuse to get out of it.

Also... I need to get everything done this weekend and next weekend because the weekend before Sakuracon I'm in Anaheim for a student journalist convention (also Disneyland).
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #312 on: March 30, 2011, 10:40:03 am »
Okay folks here are some handy tips for Maxmizing your fun at Sakuracon.

1. (Roddy Manic actually pointed this out.) No expectations other than to have fun: Cons are a chacne to relax and chill will friends.  Don't go in i with high hopes fior anything just go in with the expectation of enjoying yourself and having fun and you'll be happier.
2. DON'T FORGET TO EAT: Nothing ruibns a con for a person faster than a growling stomach which is why it's a good idea to set a specific time for melas. That way your tummy will be happy and you'll be happy.
3. No need to rush: It's actually a fact that a lot can be accomplished in 24 hours so there's no need to rush things. Take a good long look at the con schedule and see what events you want to go to and set aside specific times therein when the event or panel is taking place. There's no need to do everything in one day take things at a nice relaxed pace that way you won't end up feeling like a worried and cornered animal. Just relax and keep the chill on.

If anyonne lese wants to add anything go ahead.

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2011, 10:59:19 am »
Some additonal tips:
1.Con schedule when finalized will be posted on the website. Download this and highlight the stuff you really want to see.
I print this and use a highligher on mine.

2. If you have an event you really want to see, then always check with Info Booth to make sure it hasn't been changed from the printed schedule.

3. Photo Shoots, also check with info booth for the latest times/locations

4. Make sure to get a bag when you pick up your badge. It has the con book with events & guests plus the printed schedule. Alot of people forget to get this and then later discover a guest they like was there or event was going on.

5. Highlight the dealer room hours and other places you really want to go.

6. Note the Seattle & Convention center kerfew times if you're under 18, and yes they keep track of it and will check.

7. Policies. Always good to read/be informed that way there are no surprises.
Link: http://www.sakuracon.org/aboutus/policies.php

8. ASK Staff. That's what we're there for. Reception Desks and Info Booths (there are two ~ Main one on level 4 and one in the registration hall)

And Yes, just have fun.
Cheers,
Kato ~ PR Pixie
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

oslapedo

« Reply #314 on: March 30, 2011, 07:34:44 pm »
Things I need to finish for Sakuracon...

LSP
Buy tights
Hem Dress
- Make Madd's Finn backpack

Ritsu
Hem shirt
Buy blue ribbon

Kyle
Finish keytar

Mimiru
Make chest armor
Make forearm armor
Make elbow armor
Make choker
Make side hip armor
Make front armor
Make butt armor
Hem loincloth
Buy tights
Buy/make boots
Buy more tanning stuff

>mfw Mimiru

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2011, 07:36:35 pm »
I need to get on the move for finishing my cosplay... Like...now...
But I still don't know if I will be able to go or not. ):
Still don't know what's wrong with the car and if it will be able to get us up there.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2011, 08:18:14 pm »
I need to get on the move for finishing my cosplay... Like...now...
But I still don't know if I will be able to go or not. ):
There are less than 23 days before the convention. If you still don't know if you can go, just don't go. If something so important is holding you back from attending a really large and fun convention through Easter weekend, you don't need to be worrying about whatever it is every moment you're at the con. That's how all the stupid stuff in life viciously nails you to the wall. I take care of my plans and stick to them. In late November I made the decision that I'm going to attend Sakuracon this year and I will. Time, money, taxes, politics, prosecution orders, jurors and all blatantly stupid havoc be damned! I'm going whether people want me to or not. (・ω・´)

My costumes are finished but I'm leaving my Cantarella Kaito for AX and Yaoicon. I'm just dealing with too much right now to be hiding a beautiful sewing project from my family. They don't understand this hobby at all and I catch enough hell from them for all the stupid stuff that doesn't involve me. How I stay sane from it all is still a mystery.
Still don't know what's wrong with the car and if it will be able to get us up there.
What's it doing? I considered driving up to Seattle but then I realized that completely sucks and I have no business driving an American car in a place infamous for its constant daytime traffic jams. o.O

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2011, 09:43:02 pm »
What's it doing? I considered driving up to Seattle but then I realized that completely sucks and I have no business driving an American car in a place infamous for its constant daytime traffic jams. o.O

IMO... it's not much worse than Portland, if at all. You can get royally hosed if you get caught out when it's snowing, but otherwise I've run into the same frequency of "Good Lord, why did you rubbernecking idiots have to block traffic for miles just to watch someone getting a ticket?" jams and "For Pete's sake, don't just keep widening the same road, create a viable alternative" jams in Portland. They may even be more common.

For all that the I-90 and I-520 bridges in Seattle are a travesty and 405 is badly overburdened, at least they're a straightforward route. In Portland, I can't count the number of times I've gotten choked up in some utterly nonsensical routing or rerouting that the city engineers came up with. I have to admit Ballard is comparable, but most of the rest of Seattle is either well-designed or well-marked.

They don't do a great job at it, but I get the feeling the Seattle city engineers are at least trying to fix problems despite their political and geographical limitations. In Portland, I get the feeling that either they're trying to fix traffic congestion by annoying people into never driving (not necessarily a bad idea), or some of their best meetings are inspired by a really good B.C. supplier of "refreshments".  ;)

Bringing it back to the point, the biggest traffic problem you'll probably run into if you drive for Sakuracon isn't traffic jams - it's finding parking, same as downtown Portland. Wrt that problem, I'd heartily recommend the Park-and-Rides.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2011, 09:48:32 pm »
I've paid for everything already because we were planning on going but with the car we don't know if we should or not.

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:17 pm »
I've paid for everything already because we were planning on going but with the car we don't know if we should or not.

Not sure if this helps but the train system should get you almost all the way to the convention center so there would be no traffic or parking problems.
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2011, 09:56:29 pm »
I live in Redmond, not Portland though. :/

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2011, 10:03:51 pm »
I live in Redmond, not Portland though. :/

Oh well then I would suggest the park and ride/transit. Easiest and cheapest way to go, especially if you can get someone to drop you off.
I use the eastgate park and ride myself but there's lots of others.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2011, 10:16:08 pm »
IMO... it's not much worse than Portland, if at all. You can get royally hosed if you get caught out when it's snowing
Not my problem in an AMC.
but otherwise I've run into the same frequency of "Good Lord, why did you rubbernecking idiots have to block traffic for miles just to watch someone getting a ticket?" jams and "For Pete's sake, don't just keep widening the same road, create a viable alternative" jams in Portland. They may even be more common.
I know it doesn't make sense and I really really really hate to say this but that's just the way it is.
political and geographical limitations
You win a cookie. That's pretty much the entire problem not just for Seattle but the entire State of Washington. I'd introduce you to some of the people responsible for our messes but then I'd have to kick you out of the vicinity because you'd want to wring their necks after the first 60 seconds. It takes some seriously massive control that I don't even have half the time. Avoid harder than a determined Jay Leno out to steal an overly obnoxious looking chinpiece.
Not sure if this helps but the train system should get you almost all the way to the convention center
Oh God...Ahahaha! After months this has become the most horrible option(though it's still available). Redmond is still the same stupid crap and I'm soooooo happy that someone on this forum finally makes me glad to be in the horrible place that I'm at. I'd rather die than live in Redmond. x_X'

We're talking about the one near Bend, right? That area doesn't even have a manned station! It's just an overpriced counterintuitive bus ride out to Chemult and THEN you're on a massively expensive itinerary that is probably impossible to keep thanks to all the service delays involved between coordinated stops and the rail changes. It's incredibly frustrating and probably really stupid to do this without a post-millenium vehicle but driving really would be the best option. At least if you can get your rig out to the PDX station or something closer. You can roundtrip on less than $200 that way even if you somehow get ticketed. What a way to go. :/

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #323 on: March 30, 2011, 10:49:14 pm »
IMO... it's not much worse than Portland, if at all. You can get royally hosed if you get caught out when it's snowing
Not my problem in an AMC.

Only if you're willing and able to run over people's cars and trucks. Most of the problem isn't the icy roads. It's the ... *cough* less-than-thoughtful drivers who decide after an hour or two that they've had enough of waiting and abandon their vehicles in the middle of the road. Sometimes even in the middle of the interstate. Yes, really.

I understand that people may need to get somewhere else badly enough that they "don't have a choice" for one reason or another. But if that's the case, don't knowingly put yourself at risk of getting in a situation where you'll do this to other people. Geez. (This isn't nearly as bad as people who "don't have a choice" other than driving drunk, but it's the same principle: Failure to plan ahead so that it won't come to that, except in emergencies, is virtually the same as actively choosing it.)

Not sure if this helps but the train system should get you almost all the way to the convention center
Oh God...Ahahaha! After months this has become the most horrible option(though it's still available). Redmond is still the same stupid crap and I'm soooooo happy that someone on this forum finally makes me glad to be in the horrible place that I'm at. I'd rather die than live in Redmond. x_X'

o_O

I'd almost go homeless rather than move to Alabama - but I wouldn't want to say it in the above manner to my friends who live there. Honesty and directness have a lot of inherent value... but sometimes, so do forbearance and empathy.

In fact, without those traits, honesty and directness are about as useful as (and come across like) sandpaper underwear.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #324 on: March 30, 2011, 11:05:38 pm »
Most of the problem isn't the icy roads. It's the ... *cough* less-than-thoughtful drivers who decide after an hour or two that they've had enough of waiting and abandon their vehicles in the middle of the road.
This is exactly why I drive a 3300lb American murder machine. :D
Failure to plan
Is planning to fail. Derpy derp derp... ;)
sandpaper underwear.
Boosts bravery. Don't hug anyone!♥

Anyway this all gives her initiative to get her car working. She's a girl so she automatically knows how to describe symptoms of intermittent and irreversible failure way better than I can. If it's really that bad, it's going to get fixed. Just watch. O_o

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2011, 02:18:32 am »
Its not my car. (I dont own a car) I dont know what is wrong with it. And it hasnt been fixed because no place so far will diagnose it because of the year. Thus, we dont even have an idea of what the problem may be. ): This would be my first Saku but if we cant fix it we probably cant go. Still trying my best though.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #326 on: March 31, 2011, 03:45:04 am »
Wow now it doesn't sound so bad. You're not responsible for what's going on with the car so you don't have to worry so much. Just support the guy that needs to get it fixed to a reliable condition and you'll be perfectly fine. I just went out a few hours ago and now my driver side door handle is busted in half again. This is the price I pay every year to have fancy chrome handles. I'll hunt another half-size AMC handle in a few hours and spend 10 minutes out in the cold dark and rain replacing it because I care about my things like that. I should probably change my oil soon too. It's been nearly 15 months now. >.>'

You have options but you waited too long and they're too expensive at this point. You have a ≥$200 train option that takes a significant amount of time and a completely unreliable ≥$264 flight option with Delta at Redmond Municipal. I know a friend of mine used to joke about this when we were standing around like idiots at the SW terminal every day around 4AM but I finally see the truth in his words: Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport. You're welcome to try coordinating the train->PDX->plane-SEA thing like I would do but honestly? Don't ever try it until you know exactly what you're doing and more than enough planning time. Maybe if you go to Sakuracon next year you'll be ready for that but for now I would seriously just stick with the car. It's your only hope. :)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2011, 05:14:20 am »
^^ Screw that, PM me if you guys want to go and just need a ride... Redmond's only twenty or thirty minutes from me (I'm in Renton, near the Landing). I'll be staff, so I'm not sure exactly when I'll be going and staying, but I'd be honored to break away and pick you guys up at some point between shifts if you need.

My sympathies about having trouble finding someone to try to fix it 'cause of the year... way back when, I had the same issue with my first car. Finally had to buy a Chilton's manual (http://chilton.cengage.com/) and teach myself how to fix it, 'til it finally gave up the ghost after a few more years.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2011, 11:20:12 pm »
do you wanna maybe get someone from Bend

fffffffff I need a ride there and back, but I'm all set for everything else
why does no one like me
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2011, 11:27:52 pm »
Just get someone to drop you somewhere along I-5. I'll make Yagi pick you up. WE CAN DO THIS.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #330 on: April 01, 2011, 10:08:52 am »
Oooh. That's a good idea. What day and time frame would that have to be in?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #331 on: April 01, 2011, 11:04:35 am »
Dude, if you can get to Albany on Thursday, we will pick you up. Timeframe would probably be between 12:30 and 1.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #332 on: April 01, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »
I don't see any way that will work... Maybe I can get to Portland by bus though.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #333 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:15 pm »
Portland also works! Any of the towns along I-5 that are on the route from Eugene to Seattle are good. Message me and we can talk details.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #334 on: April 03, 2011, 08:08:34 am »
I just got word from the Sakuracon 2011 panels board today. OTAKU 25 AND OLDER IS HAPPENING!!!

So all you Otaku out there 25 and older be at the following location:
~Panels & Worksshops Room 205
~Saturday April 23rd 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Come on in to talk about anime, cosplay, and relating to the younger generation of Otaku.
I promise to do my best to make things reasonably entertaining.

So all you anime fans 25 and older who are going to Sakuracon COME ON DOWN!!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:17:45 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #335 on: April 03, 2011, 10:44:32 am »
More and more panels are getting their confirmation, so it looks like we'll have a full schedule soon!
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #336 on: April 03, 2011, 11:33:30 am »
Alright!  :D My panel info is as follows!

The Big Bad Battle Royale Panel!
Come experience Japan's biggest novel, movie, and manga with some of the biggest Battle Royale nerds you'll ever meet! Wanna learn about the whole BR fandom or just come down to meet other fans? We got you covered.
We'll have movie clips, skits, discussion, cosplayers, and even some chances for prizes.
Whether you're a die hard fan or have never even heard of BR, we guarantee it will be an awesome time.

~Panels and Workshops Room 607
~Satuday, April 23, 5:30 to 7:00 PM.

See you there!!

Save Caprica!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #337 on: April 08, 2011, 03:14:26 am »
For those who may have missed it, the schedule's been released: http://www.sakuracon.org/programming/schedule.php

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
Re: Sakura Con 2011 (Apr 22-24) [schedule added]
« Reply #338 on: April 08, 2011, 04:27:10 pm »
Thanks DancingTofu I just printed it out. I appreciate that.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #339 on: April 08, 2011, 09:48:06 pm »
No problem; don't forget to check for updates in case anything changes though :)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #340 on: April 11, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »
10 days folks, I hope everyone that's going to Sakuracon is getting or has their things together.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #341 on: April 11, 2011, 05:46:30 pm »
oh wow. It's really that soon. Time is going fast.

My packing will be easy, since I have no cosplay. Jeans and tanks and jackets and socks and understuff. ^^

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2011, 07:46:08 am »
Ok...it's entirely possible that I missed it...but I looked over the schedule 3 times & didn't find any Sake tasting. Anyone know if there is going to be one?

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2011, 07:59:33 am »
Ok...it's entirely possible that I missed it...but I looked over the schedule 3 times & didn't find any Sake tasting. Anyone know if there is going to be one?

Our programming staff was looking into it but since it can't be held inside the convention space (no alcohol or food other than that provided by Aramark Inc) other venues were being considered.
To my knowledge it won't be part of the programming this year.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2011, 11:51:59 am »
9 days and counting!!!

All Anime fans 25 and older come one, come all to Otaku 25 and older. And lets show support for our fellow Kunmoricon forum members who are doing panels this year by attending their convention panels if we can.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2011, 05:47:33 pm »
gosh i have so much to do but i'm very excited ^-^ I'll be working with Funimation again, which will be fun.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2011, 07:54:47 am »

Our programming staff was looking into it but since it can't be held inside the convention space (no alcohol or food other than that provided by Aramark Inc) other venues were being considered.
To my knowledge it won't be part of the programming this year.
Now that's upsetting...they are always great panels. Learn a lot from them.

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2011, 08:13:29 am »

I agree and also wish we could have it. I first attended it at Kumori and loved the panel & tasting. Very informative and just plain fun. I've been promoting the idea and seeing what we can do and so far the responce is as long as we don't do it in the convention center it could happen.
Most realistic option would be to have it in one of the nearby hotels as they are not controlled by the Aramark contract.
Boring legal stuff I know but that's the way convention centers work vs hotels.

Anyway, hope springs eternal and I haven't given up. Our programming director & manager also like the sake tasting event so I have hope it can be a reality someday.

Cheers!
Kato

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2011, 08:44:17 am »
8 days ladies and gents. That's a week and 1 day. And the countdown to Sakuracon continues.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2011, 09:02:06 am »

I agree and also wish we could have it. I first attended it at Kumori and loved the panel & tasting. Very informative and just plain fun. I've been promoting the idea and seeing what we can do and so far the responce is as long as we don't do it in the convention center it could happen.
Most realistic option would be to have it in one of the nearby hotels as they are not controlled by the Aramark contract.
Boring legal stuff I know but that's the way convention centers work vs hotels.

Anyway, hope springs eternal and I haven't given up. Our programming director & manager also like the sake tasting event so I have hope it can be a reality someday.

Cheers!
Kato
Glad to hear you all are fighting the good fight. My G/F & I would really love to see a sake tasting at Sakuracon...we always have a blast. Guess we will just have to settle for some sake at some of the fine japanese restaraunts in Seattle. :D