Author Topic: Looking for a ride from Bend, OR + I now have a room!  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Antidepressant

• Cabbit
Looking for a ride from Bend, OR + I now have a room!
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:24:26 pm »
Welp, I've found my room! But I'm still looking for a ride! In exchange for a ride up there (and possibly ride back, if you're willing) I'll pay for a tank of gas, two tanks if you bring me back, and buy trip snacks for the ride! It could be possible for me to meet up somewhere in Redmond, if coming to Bend is out of the way or not a stopping point.

Either way, it'll work for me!

So yeah, if you think giving me a ride is possible, give me a text message at 541 - 219 - 2332 or email me at cantrai_1@hotmail.com

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:15:02 pm by Antidepressant »
adhfajhfa wat r u sayin bro

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Need a ride from Bend, OR + Anybody need a roomie?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:04:11 pm »
I texted my pal, Delano, on your behalf.

I don't suppose you know a guy in Bend/Redmond named Delano? He's a SCAdian (LARPs in the SCA).

He says maybe, but that he doesn't normally take people he doesn't know, in his car. So if you happen to know him, let me know and I will convey that, and a ride would be much more likely.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:19:25 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Antidepressant

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:31:00 pm »
Unfortunately, no, I don't know a Delano. :C Or at least, that's not a name I remember.

But if it'd make him feel more comfortable with letting a stranger ride with him, I'm more than willing to take him out for coffee and kind of do a quick little introduction thing!

But I appreciate you trying to hook me up like this! <3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:03:55 pm »
Glad to try to help you both.
Got more details since my first post.
The reason he doesn't like to offer rides to folks who don't know him well is that he has to make his own timeframe around the needs of his business. (He's my ex-boyfriend's boss and owns the business, albeit that he is pretty young, maybe 28?)
His big thing isn't the $ to go, but the time off to go. He probably won't know until the day before, whether he's free. So think of him as an emergency backup if you don't get a guaranteed ride, I guess....
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Antidepressant

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 04:09:04 pm »
Ahhh, I completely understand that! But I do appreciate the consideration from the both of you! In the long run, I hope he's able to get the time off the go, because the more people at the con, the merrier.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 12:47:06 am »
Ahhh, I completely understand that! But I do appreciate the consideration from the both of you! In the long run, I hope he's able to get the time off the go, because the more people at the con, the merrier.

Agreed! Best wishes! Please let us (at least me) know if you succeed in getting a ride. I'll let you know if Delano finds out he can attend.

Offline Antidepressant

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 10:54:08 am »
Thank you! If I do manage to find a ride, I'll send you a PM or something and let you know! And I sure hope he can go.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 02:40:54 pm »
Great. Best wishes.