Author Topic: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 326223 times)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
Re: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #850 on: March 06, 2012, 07:10:01 pm »
I've had to rethink my helmet desigen.  So the helmet has turned into a face plate.  LOL  But it still works.  Since you never see the back of the helmet anyway cause it's covered with a hat and a drop cloth.  

You never appreciate street light covers until you have to cut one in half.   ;D  

Interesting side note, the pieces that I've cut off of the light cover could make some interesting shoulder pieces some day.   :D

Cheers!

OK I'm thinking my secret cosplay won't be in the contest.  Cause I don't think I want to make all the clothes.  Is that lazy?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:55:03 am by Drauska »

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #851 on: March 07, 2012, 12:02:46 pm »
my ears for Darc are shaped. They just need to be painted. I had some elf ears and I added the bottom spike with latex. I didn't make the whole ear. The other ear is still drying a bit but it is pretty much done too.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #852 on: March 09, 2012, 11:16:49 am »
^^ well done.

Doing a Joanne's run tonight so I can make the brim for my Asian straw hat.  After I get the hat all put together I'm gonna learn how to use resin on some practice pieces before I apply to my hat.  If anyone here knows about resin, I have to do the whole process in doors with all my windows open and a disposable respirator, do you think that is enough circulation and protection or should I really really try to find a place outside to work on this?  Also would you all recommend sanding in between layers of resin, or do multiple layers of resin and then sand the whole thing?

What's really sad is that I've picked my cosplay for 2013 already.  If I can get some weight off my booty that is.  Deunan Knute from Appleseed, Chenglish from Black Lagoon, and possibly be in a Disney princesses zombie group.

have a great weekend of sewing and crafting folks.

There are just too many awesome cosplay out there to fit into one con.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:29:26 am by Drauska »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #853 on: March 09, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »
If you get easy cast or pour on they don't have a smell...or at least a strong enough smell that will stay in your house forever. There may be a slight smell though.

Look for this box
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lcYmRB8bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
or this box
http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P11727745.jpg

As for my progress we are having a work day and I plan on finishing (or at least getting really close to finishing) Yukimura's jacket for Laurie. It doesn't look like I will have access to a machine strong enough to do the top stitch (since parts of it will be four layers deep) so I am probably going to have to do that by hand, but that will be all that is left.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:51:09 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #854 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:59 pm »

Look for this box
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lcYmRB8bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
or this box
http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P11727745.jpg

thanks Nikkiolie for the info.  Looks like Micheal's carries the first kind.  Guess I will make a trip out to Beaverton-Hillsboro.  :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:57:33 pm by Drauska »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #855 on: March 09, 2012, 04:38:22 pm »
They should have both since that is where I have gotten both. I know that the Michales by uwajimaya has both. I was there the other day.

Offline Rofflz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #856 on: March 09, 2012, 06:23:36 pm »
I'm looking for some silver/grey contact lenses... ones that would still show up over brown eyes. But I'm not having luck, all of them are out of stock. *sigh* I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some...

I'm probably going to head to JoAnns soon to get new fabric for my Stocking dress... I messed it up again. I'm thinking about making her school uniform or angel form dress... but I can't decide which. :s

... I know there's something else, but I can't remember. DX if I can find my phone I'll post some progress pictures...
I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE CON! I'M MOVING OUT OF STATE! AND IT IS THE SAME WEEKEND AS SABOTEN IN AZ. SORRY EVERYONE~!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #857 on: March 09, 2012, 07:13:52 pm »
They should have both since that is where I have gotten both. I know that the Michales by uwajimaya has both. I was there the other day.

Didn't realize there was a Michaels over there.  That's closer to my place.....thanks!!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #858 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:32 am »
I'm looking for some silver/grey contact lenses... ones that would still show up over brown eyes. But I'm not having luck, all of them are out of stock. *sigh* I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some...

Try pinkyparadise.com or candylens.com

My friend bought some gray contacts from there and she had dark brown eyes, which the contact lenses are very opaque. :) Plus I heard they are very comfortable as well.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #859 on: March 10, 2012, 10:32:01 am »
I was just going to suggest Pinky Paradise. :3
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Rofflz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #860 on: March 10, 2012, 11:02:53 pm »
: D thank you for the sites, I found the perfect pair on Pinky Paradise!
I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE CON! I'M MOVING OUT OF STATE! AND IT IS THE SAME WEEKEND AS SABOTEN IN AZ. SORRY EVERYONE~!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #861 on: March 11, 2012, 03:38:46 am »
: D thank you for the sites, I found the perfect pair on Pinky Paradise!

You are welcome and yay! :D

Finished sewing the hands (not arms) of Ragnarok and now to do this spike bracelets for him. When that's complete, I can now finish his entire arms. xD

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #862 on: March 11, 2012, 11:11:52 am »
Here's some beautiful progress!

I still need to paint the Triforce in the middle, but I haven't had time to get the right colors of paint to do so yet. Might do that today.

This is my little clay bird for the thing around her neck

NOW
I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE VERY GOOD AT THINGS LIKE THIS

Her tiara
What am I supposed to do?
I know I can make the jewel out of resin, but other than that I really am stuck
Help?
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #863 on: March 11, 2012, 12:34:48 pm »
ugh! soundy your awesome ;-;

btw guys: rapunzel is finished <3

kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #864 on: March 11, 2012, 02:14:34 pm »
Not a whole lot of progress but I got my hair piece for Date from Brave 10. I also ordered the wig yesterday.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #865 on: March 11, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »
Bought my first Resin kit today (expensive)...the next couple of weeks should be fun.  Lets hope that I have enough ventilation in my place.  

QUESTION:  Should I sand in between resin layers?  How many layers should I put down?  What is the recommended drying time.  What grade of sand paper would one use for a smoother finish?  Thanks in advance.   (resin virgin :) )

PS i can't stop watching soundninja12's animated avatar.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:14:00 am by Drauska »

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #866 on: March 11, 2012, 09:29:23 pm »

NOW
I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE VERY GOOD AT THINGS LIKE THIS
[image]
Her tiara
What am I supposed to do?
I know I can make the jewel out of resin, but other than that I really am stuck
Help?

You could probably make the base out of cardboard and then cover it with paper mache or Paperclay? Paperclay is kind of heavy but it's sandable and easy to mold so if you did just a thin layer on top of a basic form you could get nice clean angles. I've also used foil crushed into the vague shape of what I need and covered in masking tape and then a layer of Paperclay. You might be able to find some kind of cheap tiara to mount it on, too.

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 14, 2012, 04:23:07 pm »
I'm hoping to go, but I might not have the munnies to do Kcon this year. Or even a ride there >x< BUT if I did I'm hoping to have an Ariel cosplay, the one where she's human and is in town with Prince Eric... we'll see how it goes ^^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #868 on: March 14, 2012, 05:03:58 pm »
Bought my first Resin kit today (expensive)...the next couple of weeks should be fun.  Lets hope that I have enough ventilation in my place.   

QUESTION:  Should I sand in between resin layers?  How many layers should I put down?  What is the recommended drying time.  What grade of sand paper would one use for a smoother finish?  Thanks in advance.   (resin virgin :) )

I would wait at least 24 hours between layers. You can sand if you want. The high the number on the sandpaper the finner grain it is and the smoother it will make things. I would say get one around 60-100 and one around 220. Use the 60-100 to get the larger bumps out and then once you are done with resin go over with the 220.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #869 on: March 14, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »
I went to the mall today and found a pair of elbow-length white gloves for Mars! I wasn't planning to start on her until after Sakura-Con but they were $2.37 and they actually fit me really well (I have hilariously tiny hands so finding gloves that fit is always a bit of a challenge). However, I did not find white knee socks. We checked in like seven different stores. :/

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #870 on: March 14, 2012, 08:11:43 pm »
I went to the mall today and found a pair of elbow-length white gloves for Mars! I wasn't planning to start on her until after Sakura-Con but they were $2.37 and they actually fit me really well (I have hilariously tiny hands so finding gloves that fit is always a bit of a challenge). However, I did not find white knee socks. We checked in like seven different stores. :/

Have you checked out Macys? They have a pretty good size section with knee high and thigh high socks. I was surprised when I went there.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2012, 10:26:44 pm »
they were recommended to us! we didn't get around to it because at that point we'd already been shopping for an hour and a half, but i'll make sure to hit them up next time i have time.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #872 on: March 15, 2012, 12:28:28 am »
I'm working on making ears and a tail for Ritsuka tonight. I'm trying to make them look realistic (my sleeping cat as my model XD). As well, I'm fixing up my Kodona outfit. I'm making a mini tophat from scratch, so that should be interesting.

Trying to get both done this weekend for a couple photoshoots XP

And then I'm going to working my butt off on my steampunk Cheshire Cat. I still haven't started on the gauntlet...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #873 on: March 15, 2012, 03:46:47 am »
I'm working on making ears and a tail for Ritsuka tonight. I'm trying to make them look realistic (my sleeping cat as my model XD). As well, I'm fixing up my Kodona outfit. I'm making a mini tophat from scratch, so that should be interesting.

Trying to get both done this weekend for a couple photoshoots XP

And then I'm going to working my butt off on my steampunk Cheshire Cat. I still haven't started on the gauntlet...

I do make cat ears and other animals ears for $10 o.o i use real fur (natrual death ) for them

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #874 on: March 15, 2012, 04:00:06 am »
I'm good, but thanks for the offer.

Also~
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3557254814054&set=a.3197448659125.155942.1353240719&type=1&theater
Mini top hat! Made from scratch ^^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #875 on: March 15, 2012, 07:00:50 am »
Bought my first Resin kit today (expensive)...the next couple of weeks should be fun.  Lets hope that I have enough ventilation in my place.   

QUESTION:  Should I sand in between resin layers?  How many layers should I put down?  What is the recommended drying time.  What grade of sand paper would one use for a smoother finish?  Thanks in advance.   (resin virgin :) )

I would wait at least 24 hours between layers. You can sand if you want. The high the number on the sandpaper the finner grain it is and the smoother it will make things. I would say get one around 60-100 and one around 220. Use the 60-100 to get the larger bumps out and then once you are done with resin go over with the 220.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #876 on: March 15, 2012, 07:17:29 am »
New Integra wig is styled! Yes, finally!
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #877 on: March 15, 2012, 07:54:47 am »
LOL I've just realized that I've spent almost $100 on my secret cosplay and I haven't even started on the clothes....it's a good thing the rest of my life is pretty cheap.   ::)

Found the perfect shotgun toy on ebay yesterday and I had to get it, cause the website I was going to get it at went belly up.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #878 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:09 pm »
I'm good, but thanks for the offer.

Also~
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3557254814054&set=a.3197448659125.155942.1353240719&type=1&theater
Mini top hat! Made from scratch ^^

I love it! its wayyy cute what material did you use for it ?

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #879 on: March 15, 2012, 02:39:06 pm »
my Jupiter wig was finally sent out :3 I will probably have it in the next week or so can't wait to get pictures.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #880 on: March 15, 2012, 03:36:34 pm »
Titus, the base is all craft foam and then covered with fabric. I still need to find clips to attach to the bottom.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #881 on: March 15, 2012, 04:00:09 pm »
Titus, the base is all craft foam and then covered with fabric. I still need to find clips to attach to the bottom.

ohh i never thought about useing craf foam o.O i use to use a strong felt for one i made a long time ago thats cool.

Also update working on cosplay. and a magical girl cosplay for my small cusen so far its all looking good I am hopeing my sales go threw so i can get more fabric that is need. also cut and styles my ayase wig for my okane no gai cosplay.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #882 on: March 15, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »
Foam gives it a stronger structure and is cheap ^^; But I know people use cardboard as well.

Finishing my ears and tail tonight~

And I cut out more gears for my Cheshire coat so I'm going to paint those tonight as well and hopefully be able to glue them on the coat.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #883 on: March 15, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »
Got my kneesocks for PB today! Plus a second pair for Mysterious Cerulean 8a8e. So now all I need to do for Sakura-Con is wash my shoes and fix up Rose's sleeve and collar (and I'm going to a sewing meetup this weekend so I'm saving those for that).

Feels good, man.

(Except I'm helping some friends with their costumes so there's actually a lot left for me to do ;A;)

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #884 on: March 15, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »
Got my basic Soul Reaper/Shinigami outfit for Unohana in the mail today (currently testing how comfy it is to wear while sitting).
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #885 on: March 15, 2012, 07:55:14 pm »

I got my base dress to modify for Noodle (Gorillaz) from On Melancholy Hill today :D I think it looks good so far!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #886 on: March 15, 2012, 08:25:39 pm »

I got my base dress to modify for Noodle (Gorillaz) from On Melancholy Hill today :D I think it looks good so far!

that dress is so stinkin CUTE!!!!!   :D

Also my secret cosplay weapon was shipped to me today.  Will get here soon.  Yay!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:34:48 pm by Drauska »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #887 on: March 17, 2012, 08:04:52 pm »
okane no gai ayase wig cut and done !! its cute ^^.
http://tinypic.com/r/2jfecj/5

Ciel/lolita wig cute recurled
http://i42.tinypic.com/4hpn9w.jpg

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #888 on: March 18, 2012, 01:28:43 am »
Im basically done with my crap for Sakuracon ..

My bestie did order me Guy's Boots for my birthday !!
I plan to order a wooden katana with a sheath during Sakuracon ~ and repaint it and stuff accordingly to his sword.
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #889 on: March 18, 2012, 08:26:29 am »
i got my wig for rorona in the mail yesterday AND finished the cutie marks crusaders jackets >.< they are just too cute
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:27:04 am by chelseahavoc »
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #890 on: March 18, 2012, 11:23:12 am »
Working on Pinkie Pie's skirt and apron today

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #891 on: March 18, 2012, 12:20:40 pm »
I'm planning on getting my Sailor Neptune make-up either tomorrow or Tuesday.  (Probably Tuesday)

Does anybody have any make-up recommendations for helping a male look more like a female?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #892 on: March 19, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »
I'm planning on getting my Sailor Neptune make-up either tomorrow or Tuesday.  (Probably Tuesday)

Does anybody have any make-up recommendations for helping a male look more like a female?

Black eyeliner, masscara, plumping lip gloss and something to even out your complection. Along with lotion to apply over time because women have naturally softer skin. The makeup i suggested will help you play up or create feminine features.
As for brands i use maybeline difine a lash(the bottle is green). Eyeliner i use essence long lasting eye pencil 01 black fever. And those are the only two brands suggestions I can give you becuase i don't use the other stuff a lot.
I hope this is at least a little useful to you :)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #893 on: March 19, 2012, 04:14:02 pm »
I'm planning on getting my Sailor Neptune make-up either tomorrow or Tuesday.  (Probably Tuesday)

I find that drag makeup can really help with doing makeup to make you more female try this guy here hes tatorial helped a friend out who dose male to female cosplay. this is a natrual look so you can add on but it should really help you and you dont have to do the lips at all but the foundation and other stuff he dose it really good and very natrual that i think would look good on your .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKHakrmbws
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:17:05 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #894 on: March 19, 2012, 04:34:01 pm »
My tights tore yesterday for my Kodona so I'll need to get new ones before Sak, but it's done ^^
I think I'm going to make a prop of somekind for Kumo...Not sure what yet.

Also, I'm going to start my gauntlet for my cheshire today ^^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #895 on: March 19, 2012, 04:35:31 pm »
My tights tore yesterday for my Kodona so I'll need to get new ones before Sak, but it's done ^^
I think I'm going to make a prop of somekind for Kumo...Not sure what yet.

Also, I'm going to start my gauntlet for my cheshire today ^^

Hey hun I have a qustion o.O I m torn up at the moment of what i should do I m trying to make a mask but the pain wont stop chipping even with the gloss i place on it o.O any idea on what i should do ?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #896 on: March 19, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »
What kind of material is the mask. A lot of acrylic paints flat out wont stick to plastic. There are also several paints that don't want to stick to metal either. Make sure you have paint that will stick to the material of the mask. There is spray paint that is made just for plastic. Maybe that will help other paints stick to it better. Also look into primers.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:56:01 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #897 on: March 19, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »
What she said~
My mask is clay so the paint stuck very well. I have painted a few plastic masks and didn't have problems *shrug* But I did but a lot of coats on them.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #898 on: March 19, 2012, 06:28:43 pm »
I realized my mum has the perfect coat for my Irene cosplay! And I also got the right shade of lipstick. Now to figure out my hair...
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #899 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:49 pm »
Donna wig is in the mail
Lex's 10 fabric is in the mail
Lex's Link wig is in the mail
Coraline is ALMOST FINISHED, I just have to shorten the jacket so it fits a bit better, trim her wig, and finish her hair pin.
If anybody is good at making dolls, that would be FABULOUS, because I really want to make my Coraline doll, and it's going to be really difficult considering I suck at making dolls. Like seriously. I suck.
HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED (If you have time to commission it, I'll pay you up to $15 for it)
Reference for Coraline doll
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...