Author Topic: THe "I'm just going to wing it" thread.  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Serif

• Oni
THe "I'm just going to wing it" thread.
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:43:22 am »
 So, how many of you, like me, just plan on showing up and winging it? Hotel costs for 1 night are more than the entire cost of all three days of Kumoricon  >:(   Just curious ^ ^.

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
Re: THe "I'm just going to wing it" thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 09:01:39 am »
I have a van I can sleep in, if I don't stay up / find a crash pad / go home (live in Portland) each night. Plus my boyfriend's parents decided this was a good weekend to drive in from Minnesota to hang out so I might have to switch gears and hang out with them one night ::)

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline UntouchableEagle

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:00:50 pm »
Uhg, having to 'wing it' and making last minute plans.  My car got rear-ended a few weeks ago, still worked but was totalled (cost too much to fix).  I go to the auto-shop today to pick it up (had to have an estimate for insurance stuff), and they start it and move it up front while I return the rental car; and then I can't start it.  >.<

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 11:53:28 pm »
the only thing i've planned out so far, is how i'm getting there and when.

hopefully i can find a way to stay near the con and not have to get a ride every time i have to go home and go to the con. (i live in beaverton =|) i like winging anything.  it's funner than planning.(and you don't have to follow any schedule you made...) 

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 02:12:19 am »
I make sure to book my hotel way in advance, like right when the code is announced so I know I have a room. Yeah it can be quite a bit of money but it's a lot better than trying to get home every night, to me anyway.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 09:22:53 pm »
yea, i'd book a room too, but i never have enough money.  i work, but i kinda live paycheck-to-paycheck.  i need a better job.

so, the first day of K-con went smooth.  winging it was no problem.  i might do it next year. XD (although doing so made me forget my ID)  gotta get there earlier next year if i don't pre-reg, but i think i will.