Author Topic: Hotel Counts...o.O  (Read 5991 times)

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
Hotel Counts...o.O
« on: September 05, 2006, 02:14:52 am »
Ok so I know that to get the cheapest room stay you have to have more people correct? But at what point does the room become so crowded you want to strangle people? At what number do you think is max for a room? And of course on your most crowded night just how many people were in your hotel room?

Strangulation came at about 9+ people
Maxing out a room at 7 is about right.. then... after that just get two rooms
As for max # in my room... 13... We had 13 people in our room one night...

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 10:03:58 am »
Thats crazy o.O
In the room I stayed in there was... 2 lol

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:06:43 pm »
We had five
Me, Pluto, Mercury, Luna and Kyo/Fry

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 04:41:30 pm »
Well, each hotel actually suggests how many people are allowed to be staying in a room at any given time.

I shared a room with 4-5 people, depending on the night, + tons of stuff.

But in the past, one year we had about six people all staying in a room, and that was crazy making, especially since none of them shared in the cost like they said they would.
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline miaki

• Cabbit
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 09:23:18 pm »
i stayed in a room with 7 people for 2 nights. tehn it dropped to 5 on the last night. i didnt care much cus i got half a bed and a king's size one too ^^ we stayed at the oxford suites in the honeymoon suite
visit My Deviant Art Account

Kumoricon 06:
Day 1 - Killua (HunterXHunter)
Day 2 - Haruhi (Ouran Host Club)
Day 3 - Shinsengumi person (my traditional K-con outfit, ever since 03) or Tetsu (Peacemaker Kurogane)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 10:36:12 pm »
Once a long time ago (Sakura Con 2001) I ended up staying in a pretty small room with 8 people. That was a "share a room or don't get to go at all" situation, though, as we'd waited until the last minute and ended up sharing with some friends who already had a reservation.

The worst I've ever had for one night was 9 people, (at Sakura Con again, several years ago). However, that's because there were some minors (17 years old, each of them ><; ) who had been foolhardy enough to come to the con and plan to spend three full nights AWAKE with no room to stay in. It was 1am and no one else was still up, so our choice was to allow them stay in our room or let them be forced off of the hotel grounds without transportation.

Fortunately(?), they were embarrassed enough that they wedged themselves in a corner and didn't take up any real space. And we had a pretty big room, to begin with. It was only for one night.

This year at Kumori Con I wasn't in a terribly overstuffed room. The main problem with room-sharing, besides the mess, is people waking up and going to bed at different times. I wish I didn't have so many friends who insist on arranging groups of more than 6 people.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 08:52:17 pm »
my room was topped at 20 occupants at one point LOL.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline miaki

• Cabbit
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 10:55:51 pm »
wow :shock: i'd think i would start strangling people after 8, but 20!!???? can i assume they didn't all stay the night?

next time have 2 people get 2 rooms just in case and that way if a room is not needed then they always cancel a reservation
visit My Deviant Art Account

Kumoricon 06:
Day 1 - Killua (HunterXHunter)
Day 2 - Haruhi (Ouran Host Club)
Day 3 - Shinsengumi person (my traditional K-con outfit, ever since 03) or Tetsu (Peacemaker Kurogane)

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 11:47:28 pm »
Me and my friends were at a cool and easy three people ;)

Granted, it was the Marriott Courtyard across the river...

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 11:57:46 pm »
in my room there was 4 on friday, 5 on saturday and then 6 on sunday

it was a little cramped I guess on sunday. not too bad though. I got to share a bed with someone so I got off lucky :3

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 12:26:38 am »
I only had one person in my room, me.  I stayed in a friend front room. it was mostly free but a 20 min ride from the hotel
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 07:02:57 am »
We had a huuuuuge room, it was sooo nice, we only had two of us staying there and then the last night one more shared so we topped at 3. I want that room back though it was roomy and pretty

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 02:29:38 pm »
Next year I am gonna try for one of the second floor left side suites. Better view and so much bigger than regular rooms... We started out in a room with a queen and 4 people. We switched rooms to a room with two doubles and kept to 4 people till the last night when we had 5 people and thats just cause we were lucky enough to have a sexy Sanji that was too tired to go to his hotel! We had to use one of the hotel carts to move our stuff..... the entire thing was full..... the horror the horror! Then the elevator tried to kill us....*shivers in remembered terror*
Secrety secrets!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 03:31:41 pm »
i almost had 4 but my friend hhad to go home so it wasd three with plenty of room, only i couldnt find my flcl dshirt till the last day
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 03:53:28 pm »
We had six people in our room Friday and Saturday night. We then went down to five cause a guy had to leave. *shrugs* We all got beds that night. ^_^ My friend Bre and I were in the couch bed, Jenova and Cid were in one bed while Man-Yuna and crossdressing Sasuke(Hikaru.Maxwell) were in the other bed. Hehehehe...

Interesting nights.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 10:30:55 pm »
Quote from: "kylite"
my room was topped at 20 occupants at one point LOL.

Did they all sleep in there or were just in and out of there? We had 13 people actually try to sleep in the room and mind you the oxford rooms are tiny in comparison to most of the redlion rooms I saw. Now really people if you are gonna stay in a hotel where the convention is being held.. close your doors.. I saw alot of people randomly walk into hotel rooms thinking they were more con viewing rooms and such XD... oh and sorry Kylite for making you walk around with me at the second dance to find my guardian. -.- :P silly guardians... just two more years and I can go as an adult... :P... stupid october bday XD

Offline Raccon-Faced_Keruri

• Sailor Scout
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 05:15:14 pm »
I stayed with some friends, seven in a room, and was fortunate to sleep in a bed. I would have had no problem sleeping on the floor if need came to it, though. But we almost always had at least two or three people over hanging out at one point or another. One even left us a party pack of 7-up!

This is a rumor I heard about the mini-fridges in the Red Lion. They have devices in the fridges that know when you put something in to keep cool, and the hotel will charge you for using the fridge. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Offline Pixie Stix

• Cabbit
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 07:02:12 pm »
I wasn't at a convention or anything, but I have been in a room with 40+ people. There was five beds in there too. This was in the philippines and everybody that was there was a relative of some sort.
Kumo 08: Warp/Kaiba from Kaiba

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Hotel Counts...o.O
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 10:22:02 pm »
Quote from: "Raccon-Faced_Keruri"
This is a rumor I heard about the mini-fridges in the Red Lion. They have devices in the fridges that know when you put something in to keep cool, and the hotel will charge you for using the fridge. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

O.o

Well, my room didn't even have a mini-fridge in it.  I don't know if that was the case for everyone else though.

And something tells me that's not true.  I've stayed in a lot of hotels and I've never heard about that before.