Author Topic: 2011: Hetalia & SatW (Please Post Your Photos, and Thank You! <3)  (Read 390118 times)

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2011: Hetalia & SatW
« Reply #1800 on: April 11, 2011, 10:28:54 pm »
I've got the UK flag and Seychelles flag already; just forgot to grab it before the shoot xD;;;

I'm going to get the medieval French flag (blue with three yellow fleur de lis) just in case I don't have enough time/money to make a replica of Jeanne d'Ark's battle standard.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1801 on: April 12, 2011, 07:13:04 am »
I've got the UK flag and Seychelles flag already; just forgot to grab it before the shoot xD;;;

Awesome!  One of the neat things about Seychelles is that their flag is one of the coolest (in my opinion).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1802 on: April 12, 2011, 09:42:46 am »
I  think so too, and it's a high-quality flag n.n But in the original Gakuen, they make fun of the flag xDDD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1803 on: April 12, 2011, 03:22:03 pm »
...the what?

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1804 on: April 12, 2011, 04:00:51 pm »
If i remember right. Gakuen Hetalia is a PSP game in which the main character is Seychelles.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1805 on: April 12, 2011, 04:16:18 pm »
Oh.  Well, the game characters are dumb, then.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1806 on: April 12, 2011, 09:34:55 pm »
Ok so, i wore my secret cosplay today (no wig, just the shirt and....hair thingy(hinthint)) at this anime club i go to and i completely fell in love with it. Now it's going to be one of my main cosplays for this year. I'll buy the wig and if worst comes to worst i'll be a casual version of this character.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1807 on: April 13, 2011, 10:29:31 am »

So, where did you get the flag?  Was it a website?  I know that there was a shop at the Vancouver Mall that sold flags, but it's gone now.  I'd prefer going to a place in person, but if a website is my best bet, then I'll look into that.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1808 on: April 13, 2011, 10:45:51 am »
eBay is your friend. xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1809 on: April 13, 2011, 10:52:23 am »
I'm trying to avoid eBay if I can help it, mainly because of PayPal.  Do you know of any stores in the Portland/Vancouver area?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1810 on: April 13, 2011, 05:58:11 pm »
Nah, I'm not longer in the area... but both Iggy's and Seyche's flags were under 7 bucks on eBay, for the fullsize 3x5 ones. Hmm... try army surplus maybe? Dunno. Google it? xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1811 on: April 14, 2011, 03:31:35 pm »
Under $7?  Not bad... does that include shipping?  Not sure if an army surplus store would have flags from other nations.  I suppose I could to a net search for a local flag shop.  (Now that I think about it, I think there's something that may have them at the Lloyd Center Mall)...

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1812 on: April 15, 2011, 12:11:11 am »
yeah, that includes shipping usually... or its about 4 dollars with 3 shipping, something like that n.n
KumoriCon 2012

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1813 on: April 15, 2011, 03:19:22 am »
Under $7?  Not bad... does that include shipping?  Not sure if an army surplus store would have flags from other nations.  I suppose I could to a net search for a local flag shop.  (Now that I think about it, I think there's something that may have them at the Lloyd Center Mall)...

There's a flag store behind Applebees at Lloyd Center. THey have the flag of every nation in mini form and many in large form. It's a great store. :) To find it, drive past Applebees and look for the building, well, look for the building with flags on it.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1814 on: April 15, 2011, 09:15:44 am »
I have to buy a Prussian flag  <3

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1815 on: April 15, 2011, 09:28:34 am »

There's a flag store behind Applebees at Lloyd Center. THey have the flag of every nation in mini form and many in large form. It's a great store. :) To find it, drive past Applebees and look for the building, well, look for the building with flags on it.

Thanks.  I'll check them out.  Do you recall which road to take or how far down it is?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1816 on: April 15, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »
I have to buy a Prussian flag  <3
eBay is your best bet for that, considering most people think Prussia = Nazis. It's inaccurate as hell (the Prussians reeally didn't like the Nazis for various reasons), but people still think it.

Also, my gogo boots that I'm gonna wear for fem!Prussia at Kumo arrived! They're awesome, and now I just have to find an everyday outfit that works with them so I can wear them more. .
"Would you kindly. ."

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1817 on: April 15, 2011, 03:34:24 pm »
awesome :3

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1818 on: April 15, 2011, 05:45:28 pm »
eBay is your best bet for that, considering most people think Prussia = Nazis. It's inaccurate as hell (the Prussians reeally didn't like the Nazis for various reasons), but people still think it.

A huge part of that is because they have spent some time as the same country; "The formal unification of Germany into a politically and administratively integrated nation state officially occurred on 18 January 1871 at the Versailles Palace's Hall of Mirrors in France. Princes of the German states gathered there to proclaim Wilhelm of Prussia as Emperor Wilhelm of the German Empire after the French capitulation in the Franco-Prussian War."

There's also how Hitler took control of Prussia; "Ironically, two of the penultimate measures Hitler took to consolidate his power violated the Enabling Act. In February 1934, the Reichsrat, representing the states, was abolished even though the Enabling Act specifically protected the existence of that chamber. A few months later, Hindenburg died, and Hitler seized the president's powers for himself in accordance with a law passed the previous day. However, the Enabling Act specifically forbade Hitler from tampering with the presidency. By this time, however, Hitler had become law unto himself, and no one dared object."

It's quite logical to make the connections between Prussia & Nazism.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1819 on: April 15, 2011, 06:39:44 pm »

A huge part of that is because they have spent some time as the same country; "The formal unification of Germany into a politically and administratively integrated nation state officially occurred on 18 January 1871 at the Versailles Palace's Hall of Mirrors in France. Princes of the German states gathered there to proclaim Wilhelm of Prussia as Emperor Wilhelm of the German Empire after the French capitulation in the Franco-Prussian War."

There's also how Hitler took control of Prussia; "Ironically, two of the penultimate measures Hitler took to consolidate his power violated the Enabling Act. In February 1934, the Reichsrat, representing the states, was abolished even though the Enabling Act specifically protected the existence of that chamber. A few months later, Hindenburg died, and Hitler seized the president's powers for himself in accordance with a law passed the previous day. However, the Enabling Act specifically forbade Hitler from tampering with the presidency. By this time, however, Hitler had become law unto himself, and no one dared object."

A true point right there, I read up on that.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1820 on: April 15, 2011, 09:20:33 pm »

Er, how he took control, you mean Preussenschlag? That's not exactly helping the case connecting them.

It's logical depending on who you are, but it isn't rational. I understand WHY people would associate them- You don't need to argue with me on that. I just said it's misinformed.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1821 on: April 16, 2011, 09:24:12 am »
Saying Prussia~Nazism is a lot like All Of Germany And All The Nations and Peoples That Cooperated Ever~Nazism. I was under the impression that we'd learned to stop doing that. Apparently not!

Miriaaaa, are you still doing Seborga with Shi as Wy for Kcon?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1822 on: April 16, 2011, 02:03:55 pm »
As long as Shi is still doing Wy, I am.  :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:04:14 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #1823 on: April 16, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »
^I have bits and pieces of Wy all over my house. xD So yes, I'm still doing Wy.

Also, the brooch I bought to modify for Fem!Austria's hair ornament is smaller than I expected. :x Does anyone have an idea of where to get one that'll make it here by Thursday?
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #1824 on: April 16, 2011, 10:34:41 pm »
I have bits and pieces of Wy all over my house.

I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1825 on: April 16, 2011, 11:41:16 pm »
Micronations party~

Charly: I laughed.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1826 on: April 16, 2011, 11:50:14 pm »
Part of me really wishes I was Turkey for Sakuracon so I could have an excuse to practice my Turkish for my midterm on Monday. Ha.

I too laughed at the Wy comment.

I wanted to share this because I thought it was awesome. Well, there goes any attempt I'll ever do at a Pirate England! Haha
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1827 on: April 17, 2011, 12:01:50 am »
I know this has nothing to do with cosplay, but i just thought i'd put this out there. The Hetalia fandom has some of the saddest fanfictions i've ever read ;___; I'm sobbing like a baby right now.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1828 on: April 17, 2011, 12:04:34 am »
Sandro: Uh. Damn.

Saki: Oh man, have you read All He Ever Wanted? Gutpunch central.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #1829 on: April 17, 2011, 12:32:44 am »
^I have bits and pieces of Wy all over my house. xD So yes, I'm still doing Wy.

Also, the brooch I bought to modify for Fem!Austria's hair ornament is smaller than I expected. :x Does anyone have an idea of where to get one that'll make it here by Thursday?

I don't know where to get one online, but I bought mine as pendants at WalMart for $3. They took some modding (cutting off the pendant loop thingy from the top and painting them), but they really only took me about an hour at the most? They aren't super large or anything....maybe like 1.5-2 inches from top to bottom, but they're nice~ 8D If not WalMart, most craft stores should have a jewelry making section. You might find something there.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1830 on: April 17, 2011, 12:45:19 am »
@Malaria
Not yet ;__; And i don't think i want too. I've had enough angsty stories for a while...

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1831 on: April 17, 2011, 12:59:51 am »
Hey, gaiz. Been a while, eh? :'3

Anywho, I'm conjuring up a fancy Victorian!England for the Masquerade and was wondering if I could get tips on... well, what would be awesome to see. The current outfit I have is a bit too plain and didn't get any attention last year (which is sad since it was the cosplay with the most work put into *sniffle*); so if anyone has an idea or two on how I could make it more... fancy, please throw them out there. Cheers. <3

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1832 on: April 17, 2011, 01:06:44 am »
Tailcoat. It's required. With a handkerchief and white gloves.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1833 on: April 17, 2011, 10:27:25 am »
Tailcoat. It's required. With a handkerchief and white gloves.
This.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1834 on: April 17, 2011, 12:13:46 pm »
Ok, I'm pretty psyched at the moment because I just found a thin black trench coat (the cheap Halloween costume kind) in my cosplay stash and am in the process of turning it into a tailcoat, or at least an attempted one; And if I can, I'll try making a monocle to go with! >w<

Thanks for the idea, Malaria! ^^

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1835 on: April 17, 2011, 12:22:20 pm »
You're welcome~. Good luck!
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1836 on: April 17, 2011, 12:42:50 pm »
I was under the impression that we'd learned to stop doing that. Apparently not!

I don't think we'll ever stop doing stuff like that; I don't have that much faith in the human race.

Wait a sec... this thread is supposed to be about cosplay, isn't it?

Does anybody have the slightest clue where I might be able to FIND a Liechtenstein-style dress?  I haven't found one on eBay, and I'm not sure what kind of stores would have something close in style.  I suppose I could just get it commissioned...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:44:46 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1838 on: April 17, 2011, 12:58:45 pm »
OMG!  YOU ARE MY NEW BUDDY, YO!!!  Oh, hey, I've responded to your inquiry about the red eye contacts.  AWESOME!!!  THANKS!!!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1839 on: April 17, 2011, 01:03:56 pm »
I don't know if they come out with red contacts.

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1840 on: April 17, 2011, 11:08:26 pm »
I have bits and pieces of Wy all over my house.

I didn't think of it that way, and now the mental image won't leeaave~ xD
I don't know where to get one online, but I bought mine as pendants at WalMart for $3. They took some modding (cutting off the pendant loop thingy from the top and painting them), but they really only took me about an hour at the most? They aren't super large or anything....maybe like 1.5-2 inches from top to bottom, but they're nice~ 8D If not WalMart, most craft stores should have a jewelry making section. You might find something there.

Thanks! I didn't think of checking WalMart~
I can guarantee they're bigger than what I have right now. ;;
I wanted to share this because I thought it was awesome. Well, there goes any attempt I'll ever do at a Pirate England! Haha

That actually makes me feel a lot better about sewing Pirate!(Spain & England). :'D
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1841 on: April 17, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »
I know my updates have been a little "yes no" lately, but i'm going to say this: I will not be buying any new Hetalia cosplays this year. I'm really low on money at the moment and i really need to work on cosplays i already have. Sadly, for some reason now the only cosplay i'm really excited about doing this year is Usagi. I'm not really all that up for spending a lot of money on a third Hetalia cosplay when i could just do the ones i have. I need to save up about 350 dollars for everything i need at K-con this year, so perhaps cosplay shouldn't be on the top of my list for things i need to buy...
I'll still be Russia this year though and i'm going to go through with my plan on buying a new wig for him and fixing up his cosplay a bit. So it'll be kind of like having a new cosplay ^^; Just improved.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1842 on: April 17, 2011, 11:52:06 pm »
change of plans i am going to be prussia and or greece if i get him done.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1843 on: April 18, 2011, 06:53:08 am »

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1844 on: April 19, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »

That actually makes me feel a lot better about sewing Pirate!(Spain & England). :'D
DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY FTW

And that is an epic England. I hope I am somedya that good~
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1845 on: April 19, 2011, 10:28:20 pm »

I <3 DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY

I may ask Mimi one more time if she'll do Japan, but I took a better look, and his jacket's detailing looks like a pain~ So I really hope she doesn't say yes. ;;
You'll be fine~ c: Unlike myself, as I may end up killing Spain's wig out of frustration~

thereareonlytwodaysleftandihavesomuchtodoooo~ I'm going to go crazy. .___.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1846 on: April 20, 2011, 03:06:26 pm »
This is kind of random, but someone should do a version of a character from the April fools comics. I'm actually thinking about cosplaying as Russia in that dress at some point.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1847 on: April 20, 2011, 06:41:13 pm »

I <3 DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY

I may ask Mimi one more time if she'll do Japan, but I took a better look, and his jacket's detailing looks like a pain~ So I really hope she doesn't say yes. ;;
You'll be fine~ c: Unlike myself, as I may end up killing Spain's wig out of frustration~

thereareonlytwodaysleftandihavesomuchtodoooo~ I'm going to go crazy. .___.
ME TOO, WHAT A COINKADINK

Bah, you'll be a great Spain~
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1848 on: April 20, 2011, 07:48:00 pm »
ME TOO, WHAT A COINKADINK

Bah, you'll be a great Spain~
OH MAI. I CAN'T HANDLE THE COINKADINK-NESS

Not if my wig won't work with me. :U I've seen one too many terribad Spain wigs to not panic over it~

I really should be making a FaceBook~ Motivate me?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:48:41 pm by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1849 on: April 20, 2011, 08:17:28 pm »
Do it so I can invite you to the next fugitive and tag you in the protest photos.  :D
"Would you kindly. ."