Author Topic: 2011: Hetalia & SatW (Please Post Your Photos, and Thank You! <3)  (Read 390735 times)

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
Re: 2011: Hetalia & SatW
« Reply #1600 on: March 26, 2011, 06:24:34 pm »
Also, Kei, guess who gets to go to Burrito Boy tomorrow~? 8D
I love how you think that we won't end up lost. I'll see if I can borrow the GPS~
Also, did you fix your collar tabs~?

Re: Languages. I know enough to know when I'm being insulted in various languages, and basic terms, but that's about it. 8D;;
I am also probably going to be one of the most out of character Belarus ever. 83;;
How do you pluralize Belarus? -es? '?
Kei, you're talking to someone you can't sew worth crap. xD;; I KNOW YOU SAY IT'S EASY AND ALL, BUT IT ISN'T FOR ME.

Belaruses looks right.

Also, I finally have a picture of my Prussia wig. And FtM makeup, because I was playing around~

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:35:52 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #1601 on: March 26, 2011, 08:38:36 pm »
Kei, you're talking to someone you can't sew worth crap. xD;; I KNOW YOU SAY IT'S EASY AND ALL, BUT IT ISN'T FOR ME.

Belaruses looks right.

Also, I finally have a picture of my Prussia wig. And FtM makeup, because I was playing around~

PFFT- THEY'RE COLLAR TABS. YOU CAN'T GET MUCH SIMPLER THAN THAT. Well, you can, but that's beside the point. xD

It still looks wrong. :| Belarusians? Even if they're not the nation as a whole, it sounds/looks a lot better than Belaruses.
Spell check doesn't like either, so I dunno~

It looks awesome~ :3 How long did it take?

I need to bake neon cupcakes, then see if I can cover my eyebrows. Which I'm sort of terrified of, for some inane reason~
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1602 on: March 26, 2011, 08:58:01 pm »

Belaruses looks right.

PFFT- THEY'RE COLLAR TABS. YOU CAN'T GET MUCH SIMPLER THAN THAT. Well, you can, but that's beside the point. xD

It still looks wrong. :| Belarusians? Even if they're not the nation as a whole, it sounds/looks a lot better than Belaruses.
Spell check doesn't like either, so I dunno~

It looks awesome~ :3 How long did it take?

I need to bake neon cupcakes, then see if I can cover my eyebrows. Which I'm sort of terrified of, for some inane reason~
-sob- I can't do it; I'm sorry.

It'd be Belaruses. Belorussians would only be if they were people from Belarus.

Thanks! It took 20 minutes to half an hour, but that includes washing my face and doing basic makeup like foundation and eyeliner and stuff. The bronzer/highlighter stuff probably took about 15 minutes of that.

Are we gonna have a place to change/put makeup on tomorrow? I can show you how to do it then. And why do you need to cover your eyebrows? xD
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:58:18 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1603 on: March 26, 2011, 09:00:57 pm »
Shi: Apparently the demonym is Belarusian! English, what are you doing?

Eyebrow putty! If you're working with latex or something. If it's just makeup uh I dunno.

Miria, I kinda like that you go blonder instead of whiter with his hair. It's new and exciting!
You do look a little manlier. O: Although you could probably stand to go lighter on your cheeks. It's a couple steps from being An Accident With Self-Tanner.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1604 on: March 26, 2011, 09:19:29 pm »
Thanks! Apparently, on Hidekaz's official colouring chart it's blond, although in the anime it's silver. Weird, huh?

And thanks for the advice! It was my first time trying legit FtM makeup, so I'll be more careful with the bronzer next time. xD;;
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1605 on: March 26, 2011, 09:35:32 pm »
I remember he was blond and blue-eyed in the Christmas comics, but I thought after that his coloring was pretty much permanently silver and red.

It was not bad for a first go! All my first goes at anything end up with me looking like I tried to apply high.
Which reminds me I haven't bought a proper brown palette yet. ._.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1606 on: March 26, 2011, 09:49:34 pm »
Thanks! It took 20 minutes to half an hour, but that includes washing my face and doing basic makeup like foundation and eyeliner and stuff. The bronzer/highlighter stuff probably took about 15 minutes of that.

Are we gonna have a place to change/put makeup on tomorrow? I can show you how to do it then. And why do you need to cover your eyebrows? xD

Ah~ You know about how long mine takes. .__.
I was just going to wake up around nine, and get mine on before we left to grab you, so I dunno. BECAUSE black eyebrows =/= blonde wig. xD

@Malaria: Whoo~ English doesn't make sense most of the time, which makes foreigners who speak it very well boggle my mind.

I'd try it, but seeing as this is tomorrow, and I'm not sure any of the places in town that stock it would be open, it's going to be more make-up-y route.

Prussia's hair actually is blonde in the anime. But Hidekaz's weird coloring style makes it more silver, and the fandom decided he had to be albino.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1607 on: March 26, 2011, 09:50:43 pm »
Malaria, In the colouring reference picture, he's blond with red eyes. Although I guess it might be silver, but I see desaturated light brown and think it's just a really light blondd. >.> My wig is a bit too dark, but it's a really good wig so I don't mind. Speaking of red eyes, I just ordered a new set of red contact lenses! These are more realistic looking, too. xD;; They'll probably end up slightly purple-looking, though.

@Miria - Yep.  That he is. XD

Oh gods, I hate noise, too.  I used to be afraid of vacuums for the longest time, even!
*laughs*  And that's true.  It's always great when someone can be truly in character, though. ;w;  It makes things so much fun.  You know, when it's appropriate.

*dies* I GUESS.
How did you learn your German? owo
Preussisches Kaese... as in... Prussian cheese?  FFFFT. Ich glaube es!  Viel, viel besser! (...Egal ob ich es nicht wirklich gehabt habe... ) XD  *approves of that comment way too much*
Guwaaahhhh... I feel I need to apologize for if my German is super terrible. ;w;  I-I haven't used it for an actual conversation in a couple of years.  *forgetting so much*  And, like I said, I never really learned how to spell anything. xD;
I hate vacuums, too. So much. They're so loud and irritating.

I learned German through a combination of school (this is my fourth year of German), my dad's German girlfriend, and the internet. Und du?

Ja, so viel besser. <3 es ist wirklich auch mir egal! ich ass prussisches kaese nie!

It's okay, your German is pretty good! You're forgetting adjective endings, but it's fine, because my grammar is massive fail when I'm speaking. xD;;

Ah~ You know about how long mine takes. .__.
I was just going to wake up around nine, and get mine on before we left to grab you, so I dunno. BECAUSE black eyebrows =/= blonde wig. xD
YEAH, ALL OF LUNCH. xD If you learned to do it yourself, it'd be faster~

Your cosplay, too? I'll probably end up wearing blog!Prussia so I can walk around after the meetup in cosplay. Mind if I borrow your compression shirt, though? Sitting in a car for a few hours wearing binding doesn't sound fun.

AND BAH, I have naturally blonde hair and black eyebrows and you know it. And that is my excuse for not painting my eyebrows for cosplay. >.>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:56:38 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1608 on: March 26, 2011, 10:05:03 pm »
Ahh... are you guys going to the Hetalia meet in Eugene tomorrow? owo
*reads about car rides and meet-ups and wonders*
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1609 on: March 26, 2011, 10:07:10 pm »
I am, 'cause it's walking distance from where I live. >3>
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1610 on: March 26, 2011, 10:08:11 pm »
You went to the last meet, ne?  I think I managed to get your number even though it's useless to have since you said you can't text and stuff. XD
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1611 on: March 26, 2011, 10:15:23 pm »

Your cosplay, too? I'll probably end up wearing blog!Prussia so I can walk around after the meetup in cosplay. Mind if I borrow your compression shirt, though? Sitting in a car for a few hours wearing binding doesn't sound fun.

AND BAH, I have naturally blonde hair and black eyebrows and you know it. And that is my excuse for not painting my eyebrows for cosplay. >.>

Nu-uh~ I'll probably force myself to do it properly over the summer. Since I won't have Mimi to toss it on for me at a moment's notice. ;n;

Yup~ It's tame. xD The only part I may swap out are my boots, but I forgot that they had a tall heel. But hey, they were on a killer sale~ <3
And yeah, I can lend you it~ I actually think I need to buy a smaller one, though. D:

Yours are off-black, which is different than black black. THEY STAND OUT, TRUST ME.

Also, bug Mimi. Not as fun as Austria, but it'll do in a pinch?

@Jotaku: Yup~ : D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:15:40 pm by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1612 on: March 26, 2011, 10:16:56 pm »

Nu-uh~ I'll probably force myself to do it properly over the summer. Since I won't have Mimi to toss it on for me at a moment's notice. ;n;

Yup~ It's tame. xD The only part I may swap out are my boots, but I forgot that they had a tall heel. But hey, they were on a killer sale~ <3
And yeah, I can lend you it~ I actually think I need to buy a smaller one, though. D:

Yours are off-black, which is different than black black. THEY STAND OUT, TRUST ME.

Also, bug Mimi. Not as fun as Austria, but it'll do in a pinch?

@Jotaku: Yup~ : D
Doesn't Mimi hate her wig, though? . . What'd she do with the one I sold her? Or did I really sell it to someone else?

Baaah, excuses excuses. Then look up the eyebrow painting tutorial on Coscom. It'll look less weird than no eyebrows.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1613 on: March 26, 2011, 10:18:03 pm »
Jo: ... I went through my contacts just now AND THERE YOU ARE. Awesome. XD
Pff. I'll watch you on dA. I'm more contacty on there anyway.

Miria: cases=deathdeathdeath

I'm going as Sealand 'cause Yagi's doing Norway, and I don't have any pictures of my Sealand yet. And because I'm super invested in freezing, I guess? It's raining tomorrow, so I can get mud all over my nice white socks as a bonus.
But you know I'll pretty much act the same either way, since I'm immune to the vaguely LARPy part of cosplay.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1614 on: March 26, 2011, 10:28:43 pm »
Miria: Naw, you're pretty much a real person. Especially in comparison to some of the Prussias I've met and dearly wanted to strangle.

No Yiddish. That died out in my family three generations ago. (Thanks, Stalin!)
I'm a heritage Russian speaker instead, which is why I have so much trouble with cases, actually. I've got very little formal education, so I'm playing it by ear pretty much all the time. And getting it wrong for most of that.

Jo: Haha, it's all good.
I have kind of a similar problem. That would be why my LJ is totally dead. >>
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1615 on: March 26, 2011, 10:31:47 pm »
Miria: Naw, you're pretty much a real person. Especially in comparison to some of the Prussias I've met and dearly wanted to strangle.

No Yiddish. That died out in my family three generations ago. (Thanks, Stalin!)
I'm a heritage Russian speaker instead, which is why I have so much trouble with cases, actually. I've got very little formal education, so I'm playing it by ear pretty much all the time. And getting it wrong for most of that.
OH GOOD. And I know what you mean about some Prussias. And some of the other characters, too. . Most Austrias are pretty chill, though.

Ugh, Stalin. But Russian is awesome! We've got a family friend who is majoring in Russia. He's been there, and told me stories about taxis there. xD;; Well, at least you're better at it than I am at Polish. I try to look for loanwords from German and then hope that some of the words sound similar to English. >.>
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1616 on: March 26, 2011, 10:33:04 pm »
Doesn't Mimi hate her wig, though? . . What'd she do with the one I sold her? Or did I really sell it to someone else?

Baaah, excuses excuses. Then look up the eyebrow painting tutorial on Coscom. It'll look less weird than no eyebrows.

She's not going as Hungary, silly. :3 And yeah, she hates it. The one she bought from you is too short, otherwise she'd use it.

I have two methods I can try right now. I may end up running out for clear hair gel in half an hour, though~

@Malaria: I'd say I'm planning on freezing, but I may swap my thinner socks out for my thick rainbow ones. And my bomber jacket is super warm. <3

Also, I have less cupcakes than I thought I would. Which I can blame entirely on Mimi, since she was eating batter. But I have blue cupcakes! <33
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1617 on: March 26, 2011, 10:36:24 pm »

She's not going as Hungary, silly. :3 And yeah, she hates it. The one she bought from you is too short, otherwise she'd use it.
Bah, but it'd work in a pinch. ): I know she isn't; who is she going as?

@Miria - Yeaaahhh, realized that when I went to refresh the page after I commented and saw there was a second half to your comment that I somehow didn't see in the little box-thinger below the reply box. ;w;''  *headdesks again*

Oh gosh, though, I thought reading a manga in German was brilliant in helping to learn the language.  I mean, you're constantly told to read children books, but they are so boring for older readers, even if the language is at your level.  Translating a manga is easier because it's more dialog-y and keeps your attention a bit more.  Of course... trying to read it while being a first year learner would be... pretty hard... xD;
SORRY. D: I didn't read your post until I had posted it, so I went back and edited.

Reading a manga would be great for me- Now. I actually like the children's books, but that's because I'm weird and read Doctor Barbie while I'm waiting at my doctor's office. what? it's the only non-boring thing to read there aside from Forbes!

Yes, reading a manga as a first year student was a very bad and humiliating experience. NEVER AGAIN.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1618 on: March 26, 2011, 10:46:04 pm »

Fem!Italy Veneziano. And since she's refused to do the official version so far, it's Mafitalia. xD;

Also! I have factory made sugar cookie dough that'll probably go bad in a couple days. Should I bake and bring it?

EDIT: FINALLY IT LETS ME POST. DDx
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:47:46 pm by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1619 on: March 26, 2011, 10:50:49 pm »
Miria: Haha, yeah, I'm pretty much the most rambunctious Austria I've met.

It is pretty cool, despite me having the fluency of a small child. XD And I'd guess that your Polish~my Russian, 'cause I tend to just drop into English.
When I went with my family to the Ukraine, I was told that my sister and I weren't allowed to talk in cabs, 'cause the driver might try to hold us for ransom. Endemic corruption is awesome.
xDDD Wow. I usually can't understand the Polish. And of course when the relatives get drunk they regress into only Polish and won't talk to you in English or acknowledge your response if it is in English. Dx

Fem!Italy Veneziano. And since she's refused to do the official version so far, it's Mafitalia. xD;

Also! I have factory made sugar cookie dough that'll probably go bad in a couple days. Should I bake and bring it?

EDIT: FINALLY IT LETS ME POST. DDx
xD Oh, right. WE CAN GO OFF AND TRY TO BREAK UP GERITA PAIRS, YAAAAY.

. . Uh, I mean.

Also, no, you should keep it raw and give it to me. <3
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1620 on: March 26, 2011, 11:02:48 pm »

. . Uh, I mean.

I sincerely doubt there will be a Germany. xD

Bake half/Save Half?
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1621 on: March 26, 2011, 11:04:03 pm »

. . Uh, I mean.

I sincerely doubt there will be a Germany. xD

Bake half/Save Half?
Sounds good. :3
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1622 on: March 26, 2011, 11:04:46 pm »
Jotaku: I'm working on a USSR WWII-era Air Force officer uniform for Russia. Hopefully I can complete it in time (I'm pretty sure I can.)
........ I love you.
I'm glad xD. Hope it turns out well.

Miria: Yep, I know a good place to get those things <3.

Jotaku: I rarely make my own things! I suck. Usually I just put things together.

Oh languages, they're fun. I found out recently that I'm apparently a language nerd, I'm totally cool with that. I've attempted six languages and finally decided to just stick with Turkish, but I think I may have to learn Latin. Funny enough I've had a few relatives attempt to teach me Scots Gaelic, it never stuck though. All I can say is "I love you."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:05:33 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #1623 on: March 27, 2011, 12:58:12 am »
I've split the primarily-about-language posts out into a new topic: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=15077.0
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:58:39 am by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1624 on: March 27, 2011, 06:14:51 pm »
You can take me off the list for Prussia OTL I don't have the time or money to get the costume.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1625 on: March 27, 2011, 06:15:46 pm »
Hey, for the record, Kinokuniya at Uwajimaya has some really cute Hetalia cell phone straps right now. There's one for Prussia that's just his cute little chick.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1626 on: March 27, 2011, 06:46:25 pm »
PIC TIMEZ!

Found my SD card and took crap pics of my progress cosplays, including Iggy/Pirate!Iggy/Jeanne d'Arc's wig and Seychelles wig. They're here, if anyone wants to take a look n.n http://mitsukaimizuamaya.deviantart.com/gallery/29352736

I would have worn Seychelles for Seyche's, but she's not completely done yet. Same with Jeanne: I would'e worn her cloak, but I want to wait until her pants and shirt get here to take a progress pic of the actual costume. But her and Iggy have the sex boots of sexdom now, so it's all good n.n
KumoriCon 2012

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1627 on: March 27, 2011, 08:05:07 pm »
Sweet!

If any of you are going to Sakuracon, I'll be cosplaying Ukraine one of the days.  :)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1628 on: March 27, 2011, 08:25:34 pm »
^I'm going! Are you planning to go to one of the photoshoots?
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1629 on: March 27, 2011, 08:31:04 pm »
Yeah! . . No idea which, though. SHI IS THE SCHEDUAL PERSON.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1630 on: March 27, 2011, 08:38:12 pm »
There's one on Saturday that I'm planning on going to. If you can you should try to come to that one C:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:38:44 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1631 on: March 27, 2011, 09:46:07 pm »
If any of you are going to Sakuracon, I'll be cosplaying Ukraine one of the days.  :)

: D

ALSO! Since when am I the schedule person? xD;
What I remember from peeking at the thread a month or so ago is that they're having two. One at noon, then another a different day at one? I guess I can check it, then~
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1632 on: March 27, 2011, 11:59:31 pm »
Shi: There's one at 5 pm on Friday and one at noon on Saturday :]
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1633 on: March 28, 2011, 02:44:04 am »

: D

ALSO! Since when am I the schedule person? xD;
What I remember from peeking at the thread a month or so ago is that they're having two. One at noon, then another a different day at one? I guess I can check it, then~
Since I stopped checking that Sakuracon forums over a month ago. :)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1634 on: March 28, 2011, 04:13:07 am »
Ok guys, i need your help. I've been thinking for almost two hours now and i still can't decide anything so...
Who should i cosplay as?
Besides Prussia, Russia, and France.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1635 on: March 28, 2011, 04:25:36 am »
I thought you couldn't afford to?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1636 on: March 28, 2011, 07:49:59 am »
Saki: Hmm, what about one of the Baltics or the Nordics?

Also, I haven't seen anyone do New Zealand yet but he has his own official design now. Here and here are two sketches Himaruya did, with a colored fan drawing .

Is it strange that after I saw this design a Flight of the Conchords song got stuck in my head?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:09:05 am by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1637 on: March 28, 2011, 10:20:00 am »
Ok guys, i need your help. I've been thinking for almost two hours now and i still can't decide anything so...
Who should i cosplay as?
Besides Prussia, Russia, and France.

France, everyone needs more france.
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1638 on: March 28, 2011, 10:28:06 am »
As a France fan, I wholeheartedly agree.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1639 on: March 28, 2011, 01:04:49 pm »
@MiriaRose
It's actually just the Prussia cosplay that would cost a lot of money for me. If it were say, someone like Italy, All i would need to find was a light-ish blue suit. I could manage something, i'd just need some ideas.

@sandrobotticelli
Hmm, i never thought about that one. I'll have to look it up ^^

@AgehaIX/Mitsukai Mizu Amaya
But i was France last year D; I don't really feel like being him again.

Hmm...Maybe i should just be someone no one would expect me to be. It'd be kind of funny if i just randomly showed up as some creepy tall Chibitalia xD Or at least something along those lines.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:16:49 pm by Saki-the-cat »

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1640 on: March 28, 2011, 04:09:27 pm »
@MiriaRose
It's actually just the Prussia cosplay that would cost a lot of money for me. If it were say, someone like Italy, All i would need to find was a light-ish blue suit. I could manage something, i'd just need some ideas.
=\ Prussia isn't really that expensive if you do it the surplus way ($8 jacket, $7 pants, $4 belt. The most expensive part was the boots), and imo, it looks more uniform-like without the white bias tape everywhere. But it's up to you!

As for Italy. . It'd be ROUGHLY the same design as Prussia's, but it might be less expensive, albeit a bit harder because of the wig styling.

IN ANY CASE, it's all up to you.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:43:30 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1641 on: March 29, 2011, 01:18:48 am »
Ugh. USPS messed up and my wigs ended up in Brookings. Aka, three hours past Roseburg. :|

Ooh~ :3 We'll probably end up attending both, either way.
Unless Miria's against it, Saturday'll be Fem!America and Friday'll be Austria or Belarus, as it'll probably be colder since it's later.

@Saki You could always just do alternate outfits?
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1642 on: March 29, 2011, 11:50:16 am »
@MiriaRose
=\ Prussia isn't really that expensive if you do it the surplus way ($8 jacket, $7 pants, $4 belt. The most expensive part was the boots), and imo, it looks more uniform-like without the white bias tape everywhere. But it's up to you!

As for Italy. . It'd be ROUGHLY the same design as Prussia's, but it might be less expensive, albeit a bit harder because of the wig styling.

Well like i said before, the nearest surplus store is nearly 45 minutes away from my house. If i couldn't find everything i needed there, i'd kind of be screwed...Also, i just decided that i'm not really dead on with cosplaying as Prussia this year. I'm kind of looking into other characters now because well...I dunno...Maybe if i took a break from cosplaying as him for a while i would want to be him again later, though i highly doubt that. Normally if i'm starting to dislike cosplaying as a certian character, i won't want to later.

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1643 on: March 29, 2011, 12:46:42 pm »
Got home to find out that my stuff was delivered early. <33
So I'm debating whether to wait for my sister to get out of school to help with makeup, or go makeup-less for pictures~

The only bad thing is the crosses I bought only had one side pictured, so I figured both sides were the same. Nope. One side is blank aside from '1813' (which was the side pictured), and the other has '1939' and a swastika. 8|;;;; They're actually metal, too! And so lovely short of the negative historical weight that symbol posses. D:
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1644 on: March 29, 2011, 03:14:33 pm »
Ugh. USPS messed up and my wigs ended up in Brookings. Aka, three hours past Roseburg. :|

Ooh~ :3 We'll probably end up attending both, either way.
Unless Miria's against it, Saturday'll be Fem!America and Friday'll be Austria or Belarus, as it'll probably be colder since it's later.

@Saki You could always just do alternate outfits?
Aaaaah, when are you gonna wear Belarus? I'll end up wearing Ukraine on Saturday, unless I randomly end up finding an Igiko outfit and wig and think, "OH YAY IT MATCHES SHI. :D"

@MiriaRose

Well like i said before, the nearest surplus store is nearly 45 minutes away from my house. If i couldn't find everything i needed there, i'd kind of be screwed...Also, i just decided that i'm not really dead on with cosplaying as Prussia this year. I'm kind of looking into other characters now because well...I dunno...Maybe if i took a break from cosplaying as him for a while i would want to be him again later, though i highly doubt that. Normally if i'm starting to dislike cosplaying as a certian character, i won't want to later.
Alright, that makes sense!

Also, I love the 1813 side of the crosses. I'm wearing it right now, and it doesn't seem to want to randomly flip over. Still, though, I'd feel more comfortable with the swastika gone, even if it won't show, if only because it's a freaking swastika. >.>
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1645 on: March 29, 2011, 03:34:48 pm »
Miria and Shi: If you end up doing Belarus and Ukraine on Saturday we should get a family picture. D'awww~
xD
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1646 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:41 pm »
Yes, that'd be awesome!  :D

. . If I do it, though, will you stop bugging me for gas money? |D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1647 on: March 29, 2011, 04:10:54 pm »
Miria: Welp, we've pretty much sunk ourselves into Sew Like Mad next week, so Saturday for Belarus and Ukraine is fine~
And I love mine. I've pretty much had it on since I opened the box, and since I shortened the chain some, it hasn't flipped at all. I'm fairly certain it's because it's fairly weighty. c:

Sandro: Seconding the awesome! :D

Edit because I dislike double posting: Ignore my lack of make-up. xD; I took these before my sister got home, and I was too lazy to do it myself. Belarus, Spain (Tail), Austria, and because I love it, America (<-Taken Sunday, so there's makeup).

Belarus turned out blonder than I expected, but it's quickly becoming one of my favorite wigs ever. I just need to mess with the bangs a little.
Spain has been a pain. xD; It spikes wonderfully, the bangs need a little trimmed off, but the back is longer than I'd like, so it works okay for Pirate, but it'll probably get trimmed if I add other versions.
Austria, I love it. I need to flatten the bangs so they don't stick out and show my hairline, and redo Mariazell.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:38:28 pm by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1648 on: March 29, 2011, 04:55:56 pm »
. . I freaking LOVE your Belarus wig. :D You should wear it for your Wall Photo of Doom & Despair.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1649 on: March 29, 2011, 05:25:39 pm »
Oh good, because I absolutely love this wig, too. <3 Seriously debating it, since I'd be willing to give up an hour of sleep to get ready.
Do we have to go in the day they ask for us, or do you think they'd mind if I go in the next day?
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆