Author Topic: 2011: Hetalia & SatW (Please Post Your Photos, and Thank You! <3)  (Read 390122 times)

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2011: Hetalia & SatW
« Reply #1550 on: March 20, 2011, 12:17:49 am »
I just baught the cross today :'3 It looks really nice.

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #1551 on: March 20, 2011, 01:06:45 am »
Asked about Sakura, got redirected to my dad, asked again, and didn't get an answer, since he decided sleep was more important. :'3

That sounds like a fun plan. |D I LIKE IT WHEN YOU GUYS KIDNAP ME. EXCEPT WHEN I THROW UP AFTER EATING INAPPROPRIATE DONUTS.
We just need to check the hours before we leave. |D I might see if we can run up Saturday, too~
THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T EAT THE ENTIRE THING IN ONE GO

: D
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1552 on: March 20, 2011, 10:03:31 am »
: D Sweet!

Shi, pffffffft.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1553 on: March 23, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »
If it matters, you can put my friend Kiwi down as Chibitalia, and I will be joining her as the Holy Roman Empire.

Not much more to say than that, but if you're at Sakuracon and see Chibitalia, it might be Kiwi so say hello! I, however, will not be there. Sad day indeed.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1554 on: March 23, 2011, 05:16:12 pm »
I still don't know if I'm going. I haven't spoken to Kei in days and I haven't seen her online. ):

ALSO YES HRE ASDFGHJKL MUST GET PICS WITH YOU oh god i sound creepy
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1555 on: March 23, 2011, 05:22:18 pm »
Was that directed towards me? Now I'll really have to make sure I get my cosplay right! Haha! I'm sacrificing my Hufflepuff cloak for the sake of the Holy Roman Empire.

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1556 on: March 24, 2011, 02:14:03 am »
I still don't know if I'm going. I haven't spoken to Kei in days and I haven't seen her online. ):

I'm sorry. D; I sort of managed to completely kill my sleep cycle.

We're going~ We just have to make sure we're in line before seven, and hope they have the registration problems from last year fixed.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1557 on: March 24, 2011, 12:46:10 pm »

I'm sorry. D; I sort of managed to completely kill my sleep cycle.

We're going~ We just have to make sure we're in line before seven, and hope they have the registration problems from last year fixed.
It's okay, I almost did the same but I managed to rescue it yesterday with emergency CPR.

Side note: Giving CPR sucks. ._. Most of the time people throw up on you, and even if they die they can still throw up.

AND YAY OMG ASDFGHJKL :'DDDD

Lychee, yeah, that was directed at you! HRE is adorable. <3
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1558 on: March 24, 2011, 01:04:27 pm »
I wish you hadn't mentioned that CPR often makes people vomit. I hate vomiting, but if someone's dying, I guess I'd put up with it. I'm not CPR certified, but I had a class in high school! That counts, right? 8D?!

Yeah, HRE is really cute, but finding good reference for him is super hard. Everything's fanart on google, and fanart is so easily mistaken with the details.

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1559 on: March 24, 2011, 01:39:11 pm »
It's okay, I almost did the same but I managed to rescue it yesterday with emergency CPR.

Side note: Giving CPR sucks. ._. Most of the time people throw up on you, and even if they die they can still throw up.

I have to fix it by today, since I need to buy stuff to bake tomorrow. :x
And ew. Thank you for that lovely bit of info. Makes me very glad I took the lazy way out of Health.

YOU SAY THAT NOW. I mentioned it on CosCom and got 'I still have nightmares from those lines ;A;' and 'I stood in line with a friend who hadn't registered at seven and finished at nine, and had friends who went at nine and were done at seven.* DDD;'. BUT HAY, WE'RE GOING~
*I could be mistaken on this. I'm feeling sorta loopy right now. 8D;
Yeah, HRE is really cute, but finding good reference for him is super hard. Everything's fanart on google, and fanart is so easily mistaken with the details.
Most of what I can think of off the top of my head is screen capping the anime, or going off of his character card. :x

I actually think two of my outfits are going to be based off of various fanart. 8D; Because they lack proper official references.

Edit: Ugh. Coding errors. :T
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:42:04 pm by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1560 on: March 24, 2011, 03:09:02 pm »
Shi: Sak's reg line is notorious for being kind of like the bowel of Satan you never quite crawl out of. SO SHOW UP EARLY, KAY. : D
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1561 on: March 24, 2011, 03:11:25 pm »

I have to fix it by today, since I need to buy stuff to bake tomorrow. :x
And ew. Thank you for that lovely bit of info. Makes me very glad I took the lazy way out of Health.

YOU SAY THAT NOW. I mentioned it on CosCom and got 'I still have nightmares from those lines ;A;' and 'I stood in line with a friend who hadn't registered at seven and finished at nine, and had friends who went at nine and were done at seven.* DDD;'. BUT HAY, WE'RE GOING~
*I could be mistaken on this. I'm feeling sorta loopy right now. 8D;
Bah, senior health wasn't that bad. Besides, because I took it, Walker is giving me the Health Department Award at Evening of Excellence.  8)

. . Oh god. I'll remember to bring my iPod. And maybe snacks. ._. At Kumo '08, we became line friends with a Bleach group (ONE OF THEM WAS GIN. GIN, KEI, GIN.) who had Mountain Dew and cookies. They shared.  :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:12:07 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1562 on: March 24, 2011, 04:54:59 pm »
Malaria: So I've been told up one side and down the other. We're getting in line as soon as we can, even if I have to drag whining people out of bed. : D

Miria: Don't forget comfy clothes/cosplay. I remember you talking about them. xD The pre-reg line was hell that year when I was in it, too~ Ended up talking to the various people around us, and got into a pretty intense discussion with a couple cosplayers who I have no idea what they were from.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1563 on: March 24, 2011, 05:42:02 pm »
Bah, I was in the registration line because Colleen and I hadn't been able to pre-reg. ): And awesome!
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #1564 on: March 24, 2011, 07:00:40 pm »
Aaah 08.. what a year. Sorry I got distracted and didnt wait in line with ya Miria ;w; Impatience at a con Ive been to for the first time is hard to control xD
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1565 on: March 24, 2011, 08:40:07 pm »
It's alright! It was a while ago. :3

Oh, I sent you a message on dA a while ago. Did you ever get it?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #1566 on: March 24, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »
Hm? *checks dA notes* whoa! Seems it got buryed by my other notes!! :L eheheh... *goes to read and reply*
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1567 on: March 24, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »
One of the people who were working the pre-reg line was a fellow high school student of mine. They was so frustrated with the lines. They said there were only two of them working that line, and that it was miserable for them, too. It was bad planning on the part of the upper staff, from what I can tell.

I have a feeling that will be a problem that will be remedied or at least significantly improved by this next Kumoricon. Sakuracon has the way to do it, I think. Kumoricon is getting pretty big now. Maybe if they adopted the same system but halved it it'd be suitable.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1568 on: March 24, 2011, 11:48:57 pm »
Hm? *checks dA notes* whoa! Seems it got buryed by my other notes!! :L eheheh... *goes to read and reply*
:3 Oh yay. THANK YOU, SO MUCH.

Lychee, that's good. :3 Kumo '11 is gonna be my last con ever, so if I get to spend as much time as I can in the actual con I'd be really happy!

So, I'm doing superintensesuccession!Prussia for Kumo '11, because I know I can't finish it by Sakura. xD;; Anyone have any ideas for the decoration? I already thought of lace and gold accents.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1569 on: March 24, 2011, 11:51:14 pm »
Ah. You've hit the fated anime wall then? That's rather sad. I'm looking at the end of my cosplay days probably within the next three years. If I get enough money to do my "Out with a bang" idea, next year will probably be my last year of cosplay. It just takes so much time and money, both of which are needed elsewhere in my life right now.

I hope Kumoricon this year treats you with great respect and joy and perhaps, just perhaps, persuades you to come visit again
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:51:46 pm by lychee-twist »

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1570 on: March 24, 2011, 11:54:38 pm »
Also, as a tip, go for the fancy expensive buttons. Buttons are something that I think gets often overlooked in something like a military uniform. Show 'em off. A white feather boa would be good trim for your tri-corner hat.

I'm also assuming this is the cosplay you're making:

Hetalia is really so much more intricate than with what I'm familiar with.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1571 on: March 24, 2011, 11:56:54 pm »
Haha, I fit the anime wall years ago. xD;; But I keep coming back because it's so fun. I love cosplaying, even if I'm too impatient to watch anime or read manga. It's mostly the time and money thing that you mentioned, and I also have other interests now that I'd like to focus on more (oh fashion I like why must you be so pricey?).

Coming again is actually really tempting, if only because it'd allow me to see old friends, except I'll be living in San Francisco and classes begin a week before Kumo. I'll definitely think about it, though- I'll probably be playing hookey to go this year, so why not in the future?

As for the pic. . That's mostly it, but I'm going off of Hidekaz's reference sheets for the basic thing. The coat and hat are a little different in it. And then I remembered the boots I was going to buy for this and decided to drop the spats, because the boots are beautiful. >.> And yes, I LOVE FANCY BUTTONS. <3 The buttons on my Prussia coat are amazing. They're Austrian and say Salzburg, but I just say I got them when I stole Austria's vital regions. <3

As for thehat, I'm planning lace, a rose, some gold trim. . Maybe pearls, but I'm not sure how to drape them so it doesn't look cheesy. And, hey, the boa thing does look pretty neat if it's done in a certain way. :D Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:15:42 am by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1572 on: March 25, 2011, 02:41:25 pm »
Miria: I'm looking forward to seeing that cosplay! ; D

So I ordered my Scotland wig about four days or so ago. Should be getting it by this weekend. I'm kind of mad at myself, I was planning on bringing my formal bagpipe attire to Sakuracon for Scotland, but then I remembered that there was an even more formal attire that's gorgeous that I really wanted to put together and I wish I would've thought of it sooner. Right now I'm bringing an outfit similar to the Highland Dress 2 in this picture, but with my own clan tartan. But then I realized that the more formal attire, similar to Highland Dress 1, is one I would really like to do. Technically only pipe majors have a huge feather bonnet, most just have a Glengarry cap so I was planning on doing that. I'm currently working on a doublet similar to this. It's just a shame I didn't think of it sooner, I loooove that design.

Malaria: So, this is rather silly, but a while ago I recall us talking about out of character Russias and we went into a conversation about his manliness. There's this girl I follow on dA that makes a lot of manly Russia pictures, in fact, one of her pictures inspired my cosplay design. I found this picture a while ago but re-discovered it yesterday. It makes me chuckle but at the same time makes me want to face palm that people actually draw Russia like that. Anyway, I thought you might appreciate it.
Also! Yes, I checked the gel I was putting in my wig and it was got2b glue, so I was using a good product, I just wasn't using enough of it to style. I knew I was smarter than to just use plain ol' gel.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:43:23 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1573 on: March 25, 2011, 04:28:18 pm »
Dude. That. Is. Amazing.

I'm Irish on one side, but the family has been in America for so long that I don't know what clan we're from. ._.;;
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1574 on: March 25, 2011, 04:39:25 pm »
What's their name? I might be able to find out. Usually there are several names associated with one clan, like my last name Gillespie is associated with the clan MacPherson, but there are also a ton of other names associated with that clan.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:42:37 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1575 on: March 25, 2011, 04:43:42 pm »
Wiki says your name is associated with the Irish Clann Néill, too. xD

It's Currier, but I have a feeling that's the Americanized version. They've been here since before Ellis Island closed, so. .
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1576 on: March 25, 2011, 04:45:38 pm »
^ You called? ::)

So, as y'all can see in my banner, I've finally made up my mind as to which Hetalia character I'll be aiming for: UKRAINE!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1577 on: March 25, 2011, 04:47:33 pm »
Hm? I don't know your phone number and I can't think of any reason I would call you. . ^^;;
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1578 on: March 25, 2011, 04:49:37 pm »
Did it also say that my name is the scottish gaelic word for 'Servant of the Bishop'? lawl.

Currier just seems to be a very English name, even with its variations. Hmm, were they northern Irish?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:52:53 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1579 on: March 25, 2011, 04:53:18 pm »
My grandpa's family was Anglican and my grandma's was Catholic, so he was probably Northern Irish and she was probably Southern Irish.

My mother says her family is also a little Scottish, English, and Anglo-Norman, so I wouldn't be surprised.

And that's pretty funny! My last name means stump. Apparently, it was probably used as a nickname at first.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1580 on: March 25, 2011, 09:18:04 pm »
Hm? I don't know your phone number and I can't think of any reason I would call you. . ^^;;

This was actually in response to sandrobotticelli's post about the MacPherson clan; I didn't even realize that there was a post that you did in between.  Sorry.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1581 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:02 pm »

This was actually in response to sandrobotticelli's post about the MacPherson clan; I didn't even realize that there was a post that you did in between.  Sorry.
Oh, it's fine. I was just confused.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:37:16 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1582 on: March 25, 2011, 09:57:36 pm »
^ It's fine.  (Stupid computer won't let me quote right now!  ARRRGH!!!)  The reason I said "You called?" is because my last name is McPherson.

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1583 on: March 26, 2011, 02:20:03 am »
8DD My wigs and Miria's Cross are currently in the US customs.
/completely off of the current strain of thought
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1584 on: March 26, 2011, 11:19:25 am »
*randomly slinks out from my non-posting-ness*

Uhh... hiya everyone. 8'D;;

I was one of the Romanos from last year's K-con. *points to avatar* (If you recognize that one... xD; )
Anyway, it's not 100% that I'm going this year, but there is a preettyyyy good chance I will be if I can get the weekend off work.
If I go I will be Switzerland, Finland, and maybe Romano again.

S-so anyway, because I want to be better a part of the k-con forum community... how is everyone doing? ;w;
*failattemptatconversation*

Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1585 on: March 26, 2011, 01:32:27 pm »
8DD My wigs and Miria's Cross are currently in the US customs.
/completely off of the current strain of thought
YAY  :D

Sweet, you should go again, because there's usually not many Switzerlands. ^^ And I'm pretty good, a little sleepy, but that's normal. How're you?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1586 on: March 26, 2011, 01:49:16 pm »
@Maria - I know, last year there was only one! owo  Which is kinda sad, he's one of my favorites. ;w;  But, I suppose that's good for me if I'm cosplaying him. *laughs*
Oh, and that's good to hear. xD ...Besides the sleepy part.  Being tired all the time sucks. ;w; *gets like that sometimes*
And I'm good!  Just... chilling and drawing before work.
Kumoricon '13 Lineup

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1587 on: March 26, 2011, 02:38:21 pm »
So this is the fastest I've ever had anything clear customs. Which makes me very sad I still won't have them until Monday. xD;
S-so anyway, because I want to be better a part of the k-con forum community... how is everyone doing? ;w;
*failattemptatconversation*

Could be better, but I could be a whole lot worse~ 8D
Switzerland is one of the most under-cosplayed characters in the series. I have no idea why, though~
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1588 on: March 26, 2011, 02:40:05 pm »
Jotaku: I am fine as well! Came up with a new design/uniform for Hetalia to do for Sakuracon so I'm excite.

I too think Switzerland is very under-cosplayed. He seems like he'd be fun to do though, I don't get it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:40:55 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1589 on: March 26, 2011, 03:02:10 pm »
@Maria - I know, last year there was only one! owo  Which is kinda sad, he's one of my favorites. ;w;  But, I suppose that's good for me if I'm cosplaying him. *laughs*
Oh, and that's good to hear. xD ...Besides the sleepy part.  Being tired all the time sucks. ;w; *gets like that sometimes*
And I'm good!  Just... chilling and drawing before work.
It's Miria. ;) Like Phantom Miria!

Haha, it's fine. I just need to stop going to bed so late and then forcing myself to wake up early. And dude, Switzerland is ba. I don't know why nobody cosplays him. HE LIKES GUNS AND SPEAKS GERMAN, THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME TO LIKE HIM.

Also, Kei, guess who gets to go to Burrito Boy tomorrow~? 8D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1590 on: March 26, 2011, 03:03:47 pm »
*snorts*
Well... I do tend to cosplay/draw/write things that most people don't but always want to see  more of so... *shrugs*
I just hope I'll be a good Switzerland. ;w; I RP him well, but, well... I'm not the best actor in real life.
I'm going to bomb his accent, but at least I can throw out random German.  (Even if it's not Swiss-German... whatever... close enough.)

Fft... I get to shoot guns at people and tell them to get off my lawn. Why anyone wouldn't want to do that, I have no idea.

@Sandrobotticelli - Ooh, who's the design/uniform for? owo

@Miria - Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to typo it. ;w; *headdesk*  AND YES. EXACTLY. XD
Kumoricon '13 Lineup

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1591 on: March 26, 2011, 03:10:22 pm »
Jotaku: I'm working on a USSR WWII-era Air Force officer uniform for Russia. Hopefully I can complete it in time (I'm pretty sure I can.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:10:59 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1592 on: March 26, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »
@Sandrobotticelli - Daaannng, that sounds like it will be lovely~  I hope you can finish it, too!  So are you actually making it yourself? owo
Kumoricon '13 Lineup

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1593 on: March 26, 2011, 03:20:07 pm »
*snorts*
Well... I do tend to cosplay/draw/write things that most people don't but always want to see  more of so... *shrugs*
I just hope I'll be a good Switzerland. ;w; I RP him well, but, well... I'm not the best actor in real life.
I'm going to bomb his accent, but at least I can throw out random German.  (Even if it's not Swiss-German... whatever... close enough.)

Fft... I get to shoot guns at people and tell them to get off my lawn. Why anyone wouldn't want to do that, I have no idea.

@Miria - Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to typo it. ;w; *headdesk*  AND YES. EXACTLY. XD
IT'S COOL, BRO. And also, you know Claymore?  :) AWESOME.

I'm lucky, because I act enough like Prussia irl (BUT I'M LESS OBNOXIOUS I SWEAR) and he's got a pretty easy personality. I just have to proclaim how awesome I am and make fun of Shi, which I do regularly anyway.  :D

Dude, I know, right? It helps that my parents just bought a shotgun! Too bad shooting people is illegal. ): Oh well, that's what shooting ranges are for, shooting people-shaped targets.

Also, I'm lucky again because I speak German. "Ich bin geil, und Oesterreich ist nicht geil! Oesterreich ist langsam und ist ein Maedchen." Ohohohohoho. .
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1594 on: March 26, 2011, 03:23:10 pm »
Jotaku: Not the visor hat, boots, belt & holster, gloves, or the soviet medals I will be attaching. I have more of a base for the uniform and am adding on other things to it to make it look more like that particular uniform. So, kind of making it myself and kind of not XD
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:23:52 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1595 on: March 26, 2011, 03:26:16 pm »
Jotaku: Not the visor hat, boots, belt & holster, gloves, or the soviet medals I will be attaching. I have more of a base for the uniform and am adding on other things to it to make it look more like that particular uniform. So, kind of making it myself and kind of not XD
If you need to know where to get them, I know a Soviet surplus website. They take like, a month to arrive, but the products are amazing. -ordered Prussia's collar tabs from them-
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1596 on: March 26, 2011, 03:33:00 pm »
@Miria - Um... that's a manga, right? I-I actually haven't read it, but if it's what I'm thinking of, I've looked through the books and have friends who have read it.  
FFFT.   Yeah, say you're awesome and laugh obnoxiously and you'll pretty much have it down, pat. XD
*dies*  I tend to cosplay angry, tsundere characters... b-but I am totally the exact opposite.  I have shot a gun before, and it's kinda fun, but I would never actually go out and learn.  I am too much a peace person and guns terrify me. XD;

.... B-but doesn't 'geil'--when referring to a person, mean horny?
Aber, ja.  Oesterreich macht man muede. -w-  Ttch, mit das langsam Stimme and teuer Kaese.
(OHGODS, I AM SO RUSTY. *cry*  And I speak it much better than I write it. ;w; )

@Sandrobottecelli - Oh, awesome!  Fuuu, I can't make anything.  The last time I tried to make a cosplay was just... *shakes head* I don't want to think about that. ;//w//;
I should try to learn from some of my friends, but, well... I always seem to cosplay people/things that I can just buy their outfits from off of ebay. XD;

Oooh, and Jotaku has to go to work now.  So I'll be back later. ;w;
Kumoricon '13 Lineup

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1597 on: March 26, 2011, 03:57:53 pm »
@Miria - Um... that's a manga, right? I-I actually haven't read it, but if it's what I'm thinking of, I've looked through the books and have friends who have read it.  
FFFT.   Yeah, say you're awesome and laugh obnoxiously and you'll pretty much have it down, pat. XD
*dies*  I tend to cosplay angry, tsundere characters... b-but I am totally the exact opposite.  I have shot a gun before, and it's kinda fun, but I would never actually go out and learn.  I am too much a peace person and guns terrify me. XD;

.... B-but doesn't 'geil'--when referring to a person, mean horny?
Aber, ja.  Oesterreich macht man muede. -w-  Ttch, mit das langsam Stimme and teuer Kaese.
(OHGODS, I AM SO RUSTY. *cry*  And I speak it much better than I write it. ;w; )

Oooh, and Jotaku has to go to work now.  So I'll be back later. ;w;
Haven't read the manga in forever, but that's basically it. But at heart, he's really a loser. <3

THEY'RE NOT FOR EVERYONE, so it's understandable. I always cringe whenever I shoot, but that's because of the noise, even though earplugs. Also, you don't have to be totally in-character. It's fun, but you're just dressing up. :3 Also, there's times when it's reeeally inappropriate to be in-character.

Geil does mean horny, but it's also slang for awesome. xD;; CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING.

Oh, gut, du kannst Deutsch!  :D Schweizdeutsch ist komisch, aber? Und Preussisches Kaese ist besser und billiger als Oesterreichisches Kaese! (The lack of umlauts on my keyboard. . Killing me. .)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #1598 on: March 26, 2011, 04:33:02 pm »
Jotaku: I'm working on a USSR WWII-era Air Force officer uniform for Russia. Hopefully I can complete it in time (I'm pretty sure I can.)
........ I love you.
K-con 2015-
Lamento: Asato
KnB: Aomine Daiki
TnC: Gunji
Possibilities-
Something from persona, something from SNK, possibly DmmD?

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #1599 on: March 26, 2011, 05:42:53 pm »
Also, Kei, guess who gets to go to Burrito Boy tomorrow~? 8D
I love how you think that we won't end up lost. I'll see if I can borrow the GPS~
Also, did you fix your collar tabs~?

Re: Languages. I know enough to know when I'm being insulted in various languages, and basic terms, but that's about it. 8D;;
I am also probably going to be one of the most out of character Belarus ever. 83;;
How do you pluralize Belarus? -es? '?
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆