Author Topic: Hetalia World Meeting 2011!  (Read 179291 times)

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Hetalia World Meeting 2011!
« Reply #850 on: June 27, 2011, 01:25:35 am »
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #852 on: June 27, 2011, 02:01:56 am »
you seem a bit excited over this...
CREEPER!
you know im joking right?

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #853 on: June 27, 2011, 03:08:11 am »
Just out of curiosity, but is there anything that we should be bringing to this(such as props)?

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #854 on: June 27, 2011, 10:45:12 am »
i would think what ever your cosplay is, right?

Offline PoPiPocky

• Oni
« Reply #855 on: June 27, 2011, 08:57:34 pm »
If the under 18 panel is day 1 or 2, I'll be there as Enlgand...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #856 on: June 27, 2011, 10:02:21 pm »
you seem a bit excited over this...
CREEPER!
you know im joking right?

...you are? ;D I like the flying mint bunny; I wish he was my friend, too.

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #857 on: June 28, 2011, 12:46:19 am »
Just out of curiosity, but is there anything that we should be bringing to this(such as props)?
Off the top of my head I think flags. Character specific items.. Um...

OH.
SatW peepz. I have a Denmark now, and an idea~ <3 should we make an official group for SatW?? Like.. just meetup somewhere outside and get photos and derp? /I haven't checked to see if there is one but I'm preeeetty sure there's not. >>
2012 cosplays:

0% done // 5% done // 0% done

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #858 on: June 28, 2011, 01:06:52 am »
We totally should! :'D But we might want to make a seprate thread for that so people don't get confused in this one >>;

Oh, I'm unsure of what Sweden could carry around...and i don't think i really need to worry about flags considering his shirt is one xD
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:37:02 am by Saki-the-cat »

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #859 on: June 28, 2011, 08:35:30 am »
oh on the flags part, i just got my Canada flag, but it has a cool thing about it , well to me, its all rainbowy~

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #860 on: June 28, 2011, 09:56:17 am »
I have a few flags too depending how many we want xD
On another note, how do we want the room set up...?? I've been thinking about this for a little while now.
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #861 on: June 28, 2011, 05:21:51 pm »
I was actually thinking about that too. From what i've seen on Youtube and from pictures of other APH world meeting at different cons, this seems to be the best set up.
All of the tables would be at one end of the room, sort of like a "stage". If we need more, we could always sort of wrap them around ether wall. Um...Like this

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #862 on: June 29, 2011, 02:09:51 am »
We totally should! :'D But we might want to make a seprate thread for that so people don't get confused in this one >>;

Oh, I'm unsure of what Sweden could carry around...and i don't think i really need to worry about flags considering his shirt is one xD
Yea, I'll make a thread in a lil bit. Can I carry around a rotted shark? :D And like.. hit Norway with it if he tries to creep? >>

This'll be my first K-con so I have nooo idea how the rooms are generally set up, but do the users/participants of the panel get full reign of where things go and how? Cause that floor plan looks great Saki. I know at Fanime and SA they barely let us move anything around ._.
2012 cosplays:

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #863 on: June 29, 2011, 10:06:05 am »
I was actually thinking about that too. From what i've seen on Youtube and from pictures of other APH world meeting at different cons, this seems to be the best set up.
All of the tables would be at one end of the room, sort of like a "stage". If we need more, we could always sort of wrap them around ether wall. Um...Like this

Saki gets extra special super star points for this xD

Offline Medicninja

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #864 on: June 29, 2011, 04:01:55 pm »
I thought you might have had me on there but i didn't see my name anymore i'll be going as Germania
Kumoricon 2011:
Day 0: Super secret cosplay
1: Germania (aph)
2:Xerxes Break (pandora hearts)
3: Germania (aph)
~undertaker (black butler) and sweden (aph) for panels only

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #865 on: June 29, 2011, 04:07:59 pm »

It looks like they were trying to go for a common political set-up, like what you would see in Congress or the UN.  It shouldn't be too hard to set it up, though possibly time-consuming, depending on the previous room set-up and how many people will be there.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #866 on: June 29, 2011, 04:18:06 pm »
I don't think its gonna be too hard, if we have enough people show up early and were orginized >>

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #867 on: June 29, 2011, 04:23:13 pm »
[img]

It looks like they were trying to go for a common political set-up, like what you would see in Congress or the UN.  It shouldn't be too hard to set it up, though possibly time-consuming, depending on the previous room set-up and how many people will be there.
I don't believe it would be too long to set up? I mean if there's even just 3 people to set up and the tables can be dragged, that's like 2 minutes moving main tables and however long it takes to set up chairs/whatever the audience is seated in. As ChibiO stated, if we're organized and each do some work it'll be easy. (Not meaning to be a know it all by the way, I help manage a restaurant and work for a catering company and I love doing this stuff *w*)
2012 cosplays:

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #868 on: June 29, 2011, 05:22:18 pm »
[img]

I don't believe it would be too long to set up? I mean if there's even just 3 people to set up and the tables can be dragged, that's like 2 minutes moving main tables and however long it takes to set up chairs/whatever the audience is seated in. As ChibiO stated, if we're organized and each do some work it'll be easy. (Not meaning to be a know it all by the way, I help manage a restaurant and work for a catering company and I love doing this stuff *w*)

I've also been going to a videogame club every month sense i was 9 and i always help set up the tables and such for the games ^^ With about 3 or 4 people helping out, it normally doesn't take longer then 10 minutes or so (Of course, this is a huge building we're talking about with multipul rooms, so i don't think setting up 10 or so tables and a bunch of chairs in a single room shouldn't take too long.

[img]

Pff- Thanks xD

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #869 on: July 01, 2011, 12:45:33 pm »
It looks like you totally need a Poland.

Depending on when the panels are, I'll try to be at the all ages one, and will definetly be at the +18 one.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #870 on: July 01, 2011, 11:39:51 pm »
[img]

I've also been going to a videogame club every month sense i was 9 and i always help set up the tables and such for the games ^^ With about 3 or 4 people helping out, it normally doesn't take longer then 10 minutes or so (Of course, this is a huge building we're talking about with multipul rooms, so i don't think setting up 10 or so tables and a bunch of chairs in a single room shouldn't take too long.

[img]

Pff- Thanks xD

But like I said, it can also depend on how the room was previously set up and what is there/available.  I do this sort of thing for a living, so I've seen plenty of examples in which a "simple" process can take over half-an-hour with four people working on it.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #871 on: July 02, 2011, 12:03:54 am »
True. But that why i suggested earlier that we should start showing up as early as possible in order to start getting things set up.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #872 on: July 02, 2011, 12:15:23 am »
A few other ideas:

Find out what panel will be taking place before this one.  Depending on what's there, things might be close enough to where the process could be quick; if not, you'll have a better idea on what to do once it's time.

Plan out what this panel will look like, in as much detail as possible.  How many tables?  How will they be arranged?  How many chairs per table?  (I'd say 2 is most likely, but it could be possible that 3 could fit just fine...)

Coordinate with the hotel to make sure that enough tables and chairs are close by enough to allow for a faster set-up time.  Actually, it'd probably be better, in many ways, to deal with the Programming department since they're already working with the hotel.

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #873 on: July 03, 2011, 03:08:15 pm »
It should be just fine; if we're getting a fairly large room like stated (since last year it's stated there were TONS of people) there should be supplies along the lines of the size of that room. (IE a huge room with only five chairs and two tables = ridiculous, I'm assuming the event/panel before us is going to be fairly large if they'll have the larger room as well)

And if the layout really is more complicated than what was previously proposed, no big deal. I'm sure we could work with it. Get a few ideas down and go with whatever works best at the time.

YAY POLAND~ <3
2012 cosplays:

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #874 on: July 15, 2011, 05:40:38 pm »
Ehm.......So, just wondering, it says two per country....If not already a second one, may I attend the world meeting as well as Prussia? ;w;'''

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #875 on: July 15, 2011, 06:03:49 pm »
Ehm.......So, just wondering, it says two per country....If not already a second one, may I attend the world meeting as well as Prussia? ;w;'''
I know you know me. And you finaly got a k-con account! Yes! lol.......
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #876 on: July 20, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »
So, is this panel still gonna happen? Or are we trying to figure out how much chaair/tables and what not?

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #877 on: July 21, 2011, 12:55:22 am »
So, is this panel still gonna happen? Or are we trying to figure out how much chaair/tables and what not?
No word back yet from con

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #878 on: July 21, 2011, 01:04:45 am »
No word back yet from con

oh, how long could that take?

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #879 on: July 21, 2011, 09:19:52 am »
I think other panel people were saying sometime in August.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #880 on: July 21, 2011, 09:23:32 am »
all right... sounds right.

But if people need help setting up, I totally don't mind showing up to do so.

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #881 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »
all right... sounds right.

But if people need help setting up, I totally don't mind showing up to do so.

Same.

Offline denmark518

• Cabbit
« Reply #882 on: July 22, 2011, 10:25:00 am »
I'll be at the 18+ as Denmark
The Nordics will rule you all

Offline denmark518

• Cabbit
« Reply #883 on: July 22, 2011, 10:29:00 am »
I'll akso be at the other meeting as Denmark, sorry for not putting this in one message but my friends just told me that we're going to both....
The Nordics will rule you all

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #884 on: July 22, 2011, 10:53:32 am »
I will be cosplaying as Canada, and might be able to come for the Daytime Panel as the second Canada (I'm not 100% sure, but I can try to make it! Definitely won't be able to make it for the 18+ panel though ... will probably be busy with other stuff then)
Possible Cosplays for Kumori Con 2012
Pirate!England, Canada, Romano, and/or Australia from Hetalia
Male Blood Elf Mage (Levi) from World of Warcraft

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #885 on: July 22, 2011, 11:51:06 am »
I will be cosplaying as Canada, and might be able to come for the Daytime Panel as the second Canada (I'm not 100% sure, but I can try to make it! Definitely won't be able to make it for the 18+ panel though ... will probably be busy with other stuff then)

-huggies-

YAY! I hope you can come! Your such a cute Canada.

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #886 on: July 22, 2011, 11:58:06 am »

-huggies-

^///^ Thanks! I will definitely try to make it

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #887 on: July 22, 2011, 12:09:27 pm »

-huggies-

Your welcome! If you ever wanna hang out with Italy in con some time, rather it be a second or a panel or what ever... Let me know! =D

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #888 on: July 22, 2011, 12:17:18 pm »

-huggies-

Your welcome! If you ever wanna hang out with Italy in con some time, rather it be a second or a panel or what ever... Let me know! =D

Ah, cool! ^_^ I'll definitely keep that in mind *always happy to find new people to hang with!*

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #889 on: July 22, 2011, 12:31:23 pm »

-huggies-

Ah, cool! ^_^ I'll definitely keep that in mind *always happy to find new people to hang with!*

Same here! XD I never plan cosplays with other people... lol. And my russia will be doing her own thing muost off the time... XD because I am sure I will be running around. XD

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #890 on: July 22, 2011, 12:46:04 pm »

-huggies-

Same here! XD I never plan cosplays with other people... lol. And my russia will be doing her own thing muost off the time... XD because I am sure I will be running around. XD

I don't really plan cosplays with people either ... my sister will be cosplaying Russia though ... lol ... oh, if you have Facebook, please feel free to add me! (Raven Michelle Dunbar) ... I will be posting photos from the Con on there!

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #891 on: July 25, 2011, 09:55:56 pm »
im sorry to say this, but Mint bunny is destroyed.... the pants have red spots all over them and they were put in to a bleach wash by accident... well i guess the pants are just destroyed. i only have the top now and it might just look weird if i just ware that and pants with it. so its that or im kumajirou for day time pannel. sorry otaku

Offline zetetic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #892 on: July 25, 2011, 10:44:34 pm »
I'm planning as going as Lativa to the 18+ panel and perhaps N.Italy to the general panel if there is still room.
"Only Shinigamis who know the significance of life will be granted Shinigami glasses... The glasses of Life..." (for which without,I can't see a damned thing)

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #893 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:39 am »
I'm planning as going as Lativa to the 18+ panel and perhaps N.Italy to the general panel if there is still room.

you should switch and do Latvia for the under 18 and N.Italy for the 18+ because were full on N.Italy's for the under one~
BTW Latvia buddy ftw!

Offline SoraKitsune

• Chibi
    • Deviant art account
« Reply #894 on: July 26, 2011, 03:33:38 pm »
Wow surprised I managed to log on on the first try. Im sorry its been a long while. Im going to the next meeting to sign up for staff. I have everything for fem Germany except a wig :/ . Most likely I wont be doing fem turkey. Ive been lazy to fix my hair and now turning it back to brown, or turning it blond would be a bit problematic. Exactly half of my hair (the bottom half) is blond, my roots for half of my hair is dark brown. Considered if I could Bleach it I could try Igiko but no uniform like hers.
KumoriCon 2011
Femmy Turkey(aph) Missing pieces: Green hoody, dye hair brown. Mask
Femmy Germany(aph) Missing pieces: Short blond wig, iron cross necklace, Possibly blue contacts

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #895 on: July 27, 2011, 01:39:08 am »
Huzzah! More Latvia for me to molest >3 *grabby hands*
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #896 on: July 27, 2011, 10:04:40 am »
Oh yeah I forgot I was going as N. Italy to 18+... o3o; This'll be fun.
K-con 2012
I dunno if I'm going. ;n;'
Sollux Captor, God Tier John, God Tier Jake and Peter Pan

Lumanous on tumblr - http://lumanous.tumblr.com/

Offline zetetic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #897 on: July 27, 2011, 02:41:07 pm »
WOOT go Latvias!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:42:14 pm by zetetic »
"Only Shinigamis who know the significance of life will be granted Shinigami glasses... The glasses of Life..." (for which without,I can't see a damned thing)

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #898 on: July 27, 2011, 11:53:38 pm »
BTW; This meetings been approved by the panels so we are definitly a go! Hurray!
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #899 on: July 27, 2011, 11:55:43 pm »
Wow surprised I managed to log on on the first try. Im sorry its been a long while. Im going to the next meeting to sign up for staff. I have everything for fem Germany except a wig :/ . Most likely I wont be doing fem turkey. Ive been lazy to fix my hair and now turning it back to brown, or turning it blond would be a bit problematic. Exactly half of my hair (the bottom half) is blond, my roots for half of my hair is dark brown. Considered if I could Bleach it I could try Igiko but no uniform like hers.
I have an old blonde wig I can slick back for you if you want...or hmmm what did you have in mind? -has like a billion blonde wigs in every style and shade-
BTW; This meetings been approved by the panels so we are definitly a go! Hurray!
>o> Cheater I wanted to post that....