Author Topic: KC Newbie: Line length?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline kayu1111

• Sailor Scout
KC Newbie: Line length?
« on: August 30, 2009, 02:42:57 pm »
This'll be my first time at Kumoricon, the past cons I've been to were Sakuracon and Akicon. At SC, it doesn't matter what day or what time you show up for registration, the line is still ungodly. Then at Akicon, there was no line. I walked up to the desk and got my badge, simple as that.

Checking on past attendance, I know that KC is smaller than SC but bigger than Aki. I'm curious what sort of line to expect, assuming I show up on Saturday around noonish. Less than an hour? Hour? 2 hours? More???
:: KumoriCon 2014 ::
Zenya (Sweet Pool)
Akira (Togainu no Chi)
Praxis (Starfighter)
Sabitsuki (.flow)
Kagura (Gintama)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Re: KC Newbie: Line length?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 02:44:44 pm »
Saturday around noonish? It should still be pretty big, Im not sure this year cause now the lines open at 6 instead of 8 so it might be small but I have no clue how many people are going to take advantage of that 6 opening.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 05:11:36 pm »
Last year, they were very long, especially if you arrive around noon. We got there around 2 and waited in the registration line for around 2 hours.

If you've pre-registered, they're long, but not as long.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 05:15:17 pm »
Lines can be long, depending on how many people show up at a time, especially on Saturday.  That is why we are strongly encouraging people to show up Friday... we will have early check-in for pre-registered attendees, and at-door registration.  Lines should be much shorter, and you can enjoy yourself Saturday morning while everyone else is waiting in line :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 05:18:59 pm »
One time, my friends and I arrived there like 2 hours before registration opened, and we were like the 3rd to 4th group to be in line, but we had a few people who were under 18 and we didn't have signed parental permission forms, so we had to leave, drive back to our town and get it signed... We got back about half an hour after registration opened, and the line went outside, winding around the building. So I would recommend that you get there a bit earlier than noon. Because it's probably going to get pretty warm that day, because for some reason, it's always warm on the day's of con.

Offline kayu1111

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 05:31:30 pm »
Arriving on Friday is unfortunately not an option for me. Also, I have a 3+ hour drive just to get there. =( So noon is like the earliest I can make it.....but at least we're all pre-regged.
Zenya (Sweet Pool)
Akira (Togainu no Chi)
Praxis (Starfighter)
Sabitsuki (.flow)
Kagura (Gintama)

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:35:19 pm »
Arriving on Friday is unfortunately not an option for me. Also, I have a 3+ hour drive just to get there. =( So noon is like the earliest I can make it.....but at least we're all pre-regged.

well that's a good thing then, because if you weren't pre redged, it could be a little harder to get in... But bye earlier, I was saying leave at a much earlier time to get to kumoricon. Because let's see, if you left at 6, you'd be arriving at 9, unless of traffic, than you'd be arriving a little later.

Offline kayu1111

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 05:53:27 pm »

well that's a good thing then, because if you weren't pre redged, it could be a little harder to get in... But bye earlier, I was saying leave at a much earlier time to get to kumoricon. Because let's see, if you left at 6, you'd be arriving at 9, unless of traffic, than you'd be arriving a little later.

That partially depends on my party members and how early they're willing to get up! My ride is in Seattle, but I'm on Bainbridge Island, as will be my brother and friend, so we have to ferry over to Seattle which takes 30 minutes, meet someone there, and also meet my ride and go. Absolute earliest we could get out of the city would be 7:30 ish, due to ferry schedules.
Zenya (Sweet Pool)
Akira (Togainu no Chi)
Praxis (Starfighter)
Sabitsuki (.flow)
Kagura (Gintama)

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 05:57:41 pm »
ya, that does make sense... But don't worry if your pre redged, you'll still be able to get in, but like you said, it does depend on your group as well, unless you were the driver.