Author Topic: Official Pokemon Cosplay of 2011  (Read 766409 times)

Offline paprika

• Chibi
Re: Official Pokemon Cosplay of 2011
« Reply #650 on: August 05, 2011, 09:43:19 pm »
I see Nikkiolie already beat me to posting (of course, since I'm never online here XD), but yeah, I plan to bring Ho-Oh again :3 I need to make a couple very small adjustments but I will be wearing it with her as my brilliant Lugia. SO EXCITE!

Also I will be wearing a Misty cosplay. I wish I could bring the bike to rage-carry everywhere, but I can't exactly transport that easily :C
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:46:57 pm by paprika »

Offline Eeveeification

• Cabbit
« Reply #651 on: August 06, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »
I'm doing Drifloon, and quite possibly Cubone. Both as gijinka.

Any tips for the Cubone head peice? I was thinking styrofoam, gluing the larger peices together until I got what I needed, but then where to go from there...?

Also, my boyfriend's doing Burmy, Leaf form, so there's that too ^_^
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:40:29 pm by Eeveeification »
Drifloon - 90%, just missing balloon buddy
Cubone - Not even started, but things fall together.
Cat Girl #1987604134 - Always finished, always ready if everything else fails.

Drifloon is most likely days 1 & 2, with Cubone being day 3/backup.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2011, 02:59:10 pm »
Oh, hey, so I have a possible Togepi gijinka, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, and Misty added to my group. :) With me as Dawn Hikari.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2011, 04:27:40 pm »
Okay! This is awesome! I'll try to get a picture of what I have with Duskull by the end of the week.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #654 on: August 09, 2011, 12:18:43 pm »
I have zero done on my Harley cosplay I feel so bad. I might not even have it done by con cus of a dang door breaking my good finger >.< But I cant wait to see your guy's pics. they're always so awesome looking!

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #655 on: August 12, 2011, 09:24:37 pm »
Aaah got the turrets on the mantle today but they still have to be sewn on.

The entire front of the costume remains unsewn, and the designs on the back have to be reinforced because right now they're held on with steam-a-seam.

Anyone? Anyone want to help me out?

Offline Roah

• Cabbit
« Reply #656 on: August 13, 2011, 11:14:21 pm »
I'll most definitely wear my Drifloon!
Did you know balloons come from the sky? That's why they're always trying to get back.

Offline Eeveeification

• Cabbit
« Reply #657 on: August 14, 2011, 11:18:59 am »

Drifloon buddies! Haha <3
Drifloon - 90%, just missing balloon buddy
Cubone - Not even started, but things fall together.
Cat Girl #1987604134 - Always finished, always ready if everything else fails.

Drifloon is most likely days 1 & 2, with Cubone being day 3/backup.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #658 on: August 14, 2011, 03:30:06 pm »
I've finally started on my tail!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #659 on: August 15, 2011, 08:36:02 am »
Its not much, but I was able to make a modest chansey cosplay, I lucked out because my mother in law sent me a baggy pink shirt for my expanding baby belly,
I made chansey egg in pocket to put over the belly (with double sidded hem tape so I can wear it as normal after con), and and pair of pink pants to wear under it, thought about wearing a pink wig but sounds itchy so I think I will wear a pink bandana instead

Once again nothing fancy, but not bad considering my sewing machine is busted and I am poor
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #660 on: August 15, 2011, 11:15:57 am »
^ That sounds awesome!

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #661 on: August 15, 2011, 11:47:17 am »
My contacts arrived!
They turn a bit in my eyes but oh well. XP They are supposed to glow under black light, too so we'll see how that turns out when I peak into the rave...

I need to get blue glow material to pour on my blue rings so they will glow as well. Then I can take awesome black light pictures.  ;D

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #662 on: August 16, 2011, 12:10:45 am »
I got my wig for my wingull cosplay! Its actually a lot shorter than what I wanted, but ohwellll (also, I think I **** it up cutting the bangs.I work at a hair salon! I should have just asked one of my co-workers for help but I got scissor happy!) . I am just having a hard time having it stay on and having all my hair not peek out (my hair is a bit past my shoulders). Any help? D:/ Does it look ok?

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #663 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:55 am »
I think it looks really cute~! <3

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #664 on: August 16, 2011, 12:45:15 am »
Neko_Chan are you using a wig cap? If not I strongly suggest one. Other then that once you have the wig cap on I use bobby pins to hold that in place and keep my hair under it. One of my wigs is really small so it moves easily so after I put the wig on I use some pins to hold it in place. I usually put one or two at the base of the neck and one either above or below my ears. You can use the hair on the wigs to hid them so no one will even see it. If that is still not working and your hair still keeps coming through then you may have to do the pin curl method.

You take small sections of your hair and twist it then wrap in in a little curl and pin it to the top of your head. There is a tutorial on DA somewhere but my work has it blocked. At about 1:25 of this video she starts doing what I was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaYZKjeDiUA

Here is another good video. I am going to try doing the long hair method with my hair, and I may look into getting one of those grip thingies. I have never heard of them before.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj34Muv5D4E
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:45:46 am by nikkiolie »

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #665 on: August 16, 2011, 02:00:21 am »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #666 on: August 16, 2011, 02:38:21 am »
I don't know. My work blocked DA so I can't see it.

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #667 on: August 16, 2011, 07:36:51 am »
I was up in the dead of night/crack of dawn yesterday, made a cosplay before I went to bed.  Can you guess which pokemon I'm now going as on saturday?.....

FOR GRAVY'S SAKE, GUESS!
Nevermind, with 649 pokemon out there now, that would take a looooong time. It's a Jirachi gijinka.
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #668 on: August 16, 2011, 09:30:44 am »
yay! jirachi! :3

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #669 on: August 16, 2011, 10:39:10 am »
I got my wig for my wingull cosplay! Its actually a lot shorter than what I wanted, but ohwellll (also, I think I **** it up cutting the bangs.I work at a hair salon! I should have just asked one of my co-workers for help but I got scissor happy!) . I am just having a hard time having it stay on and having all my hair not peek out (my hair is a bit past my shoulders). Any help? D:/ Does it look ok?

I think it looks adorable! the bangs look natural i think. Maybe tease it all around, make it look kinda like Haruhi's hair; all fluffy and whatnot lol But I still think it looks great. I really like it. Also, if you ever get your hair cut, that style is really cute on you

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #670 on: August 16, 2011, 04:42:06 pm »
^ is this what you were talking about, Nikki?
http://taeliac.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-How-to-do-pincurls-45164922
Yeah I think so. That is a pretty good tutorial on how to put a wig on from start to finish.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #671 on: August 16, 2011, 07:44:23 pm »
I found it in the Tutorial Thread here

Offline Roah

• Cabbit
« Reply #672 on: August 16, 2011, 09:29:46 pm »

Drifloon buddies! Haha <3

Woo! Do you have any pictures of your costume? Mine's kinda slutty :< I'm trying to change it a little
Did you know balloons come from the sky? That's why they're always trying to get back.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #673 on: August 18, 2011, 03:11:16 pm »
Umbreon! With bad pictures....
I just ran outside to ask my mom to take them for me while she was doing yard work. ^^; And I was facing the sun so my face is all blah.
The back shot just looks like the wig is missing hair but it was just caught on my shoulder or something. But it's kinda good cause you can kinda see the back of the shirt in that picture.
I need to brush that wig. :/ It's a mess...

Still haven't decided on her makeup but I'll worry about that later.

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #674 on: August 18, 2011, 09:09:16 pm »
Umbreon! With bad pictures....
I just ran outside to ask my mom to take them for me while she was doing yard work. ^^; And I was facing the sun so my face is all blah.
The back shot just looks like the wig is missing hair but it was just caught on my shoulder or something. But it's kinda good cause you can kinda see the back of the shirt in that picture.
I need to brush that wig. :/ It's a mess...

Still haven't decided on her makeup but I'll worry about that later.
This looks good. My sister is also doing umbreon and she was wondering how and out of what frabic did you make the ears and tail. Also how did you get the ears to attach to the wig?

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #675 on: August 18, 2011, 09:31:13 pm »
Got all the fabric cut out for Harley. I have extra so maybe I'll make a cacturn plushy too. ^-^

and Gryffinclaw Princess Your so pretty •w•

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #676 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »
so ninetales may not be finished by kumoricon :( i have everything, i just haven't had the time to do it. i hope i can get it done, but if i don't i know i can debut it at sakuracon instead :3
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:38:07 am by luvan1me »

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #677 on: August 18, 2011, 11:47:33 pm »
so ninetales may not be finished by kumoricon :( i have everything, i just haven't had the time to do it. i hope i can get it done, but if i don't i know i can debut it at sakuracon instead :3
D: I know the feeling. I had to scrap two costumes because I ran out of time. I finished two new ones this year, though. One was the one you sold to me.

I haven't been around to state progress, but my Touko/White is done. I even bought myself a little Yamask plush from Amazon to carry around with it. =D I'm excited.
Wonder Northwest 2012: Chell with Wheatley (Portal 2)
Kumoricon 2012: Jack Noir (Homestuck), Magolor (Kirby), Chell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #678 on: August 19, 2011, 12:38:16 am »
Ruka - I make all my Pokemon stuff like my Kigurumis (out of fleece) because I don't have to hem it and it's fuzzy like fur. None of that cosplay is hemmed and it's so nice cause it saves a lot of time.

As for how I made them, I use white chalk to draw out the shape I want (cause you can easily rub/wash it out to change how it looks or get rid of a line) and then I just cut and sewed it. *shrug* I'm pretty random when I make stuff from my head. But then I decided how big I wanted the blue circles (or yellow if she is normal Umbreon) and measured the size before cutting out the blue. Then I cut out that section of the black and sewed the blue in that 'hole' (I did this for both ears and tail).

I hand sewed the ears onto the wig with a loose stitch so I can cut them off by the thread if I want to use the wig for another cosplay. You can also attach them to a headband you wear under the wig or hot glue them to hair clips.

If you are curious about the tail attachment, I took a pair of regular black underwear (nothing fancy, just Hanes in my size) and cut a hole in the back under the elastic. I stuck the end of the tail in that hole and sewed it shut. It pulls down a little bit cause of the weight but I ran around with them on and nothing was exposed since it's at the top and if can wear another pair of panties under them. You can also cut a hole in the skirt/pants/bottoms and stick the tail and panties through it so it sticks out the skirt, too. Then just slip the panties on with the bottoms. Having it under the skirt allows it to swing when I walk and makes it look like my tail is wagging. :3

Tranny - XD Thanks. I don't like how I look in those pictures though so I'll have to get better ones at con. XP

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #679 on: August 19, 2011, 12:39:33 am »
@psych: sweet that sounds awesome! i can't wait to see it! ^_^ even if i don't finish my ninetales, i'll wear my wig, and do something quick and simple since i do have the tails and the wig ^_^

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #680 on: August 19, 2011, 01:43:29 am »
When I look at the Umbreon......all I can see is portals. XD sorry.

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #681 on: August 19, 2011, 10:34:10 am »
@Luvan1me: Ohh, okay! Well, that's close enough, right? The tails will get the point across. That's what I always tell myself when something on my costume doesn't go the way I wanted. I want to convey the idea of the character first and foremost.

@Tanuki: *laughs* Portals? You're right. Umbreon does look like it has portals all over it.
Wonder Northwest 2012: Chell with Wheatley (Portal 2)
Kumoricon 2012: Jack Noir (Homestuck), Magolor (Kirby), Chell

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #682 on: August 19, 2011, 08:32:33 pm »
yeah i know but my costume is supposed to be a samurai T^T so i'm very upset if i can't get it done and have to make it look more "casual". but i'll try my best to get it done >.<

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
« Reply #683 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:05 pm »
SO many awesome costumes this year!

(I'll be joining up in as a Xatu, though now I'm intimidated by all the awesome around here!)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #684 on: August 19, 2011, 09:28:36 pm »
Once I get my wig, I'll be good to go.
I have a plain black t-shirt and a black skirt (and spandex)
I just need boots and a hoodie, I'm going to get them this weekend.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #685 on: August 20, 2011, 06:51:04 pm »
Umbreon costume is almost done all I have left is to make the ears and the tail for it. Does anyone know how to attach ears to a headband?
Smile!!! : )

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #686 on: August 20, 2011, 07:07:37 pm »
I use hotglue. The easiest way to make sure theyre in the right place and invisible and look real, is to get a headband that matches your hair color or is small enough to hide in your hair. First, put on the headband and hold up the ears on the headband in the place where they look natural. Take a marker and mark on the headband on either side of the ear so you know where to glue. Double check the placement, then glue the ears in place, when the headband is off your head lol just an idea, as it may hurt to glue them to your head. Im assuming that the headband will be black,  so after the glue hardens, color it with a black sharpie to make it blend in. Then see how they look, hopefully theyre in the right spot since you double checked before gluing.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #687 on: August 20, 2011, 07:14:40 pm »
also adding to what tala said, you can make a fabric "slip" that you attach the ears to, and that way you just slip the fabric onto the headband, and you can wear it like that ^_^ http://gijinkacosplay.deviantart.com/art/Umbreon-Ears-hairband-123816149?q=gallery%3Agijinkacosplay%2F10881714&qo=15
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:15:15 pm by luvan1me »

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #688 on: August 20, 2011, 07:17:11 pm »
I used velcro strips to keep my Raichu ears on their headband but my ears are on the side of my head, not the top.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #689 on: August 20, 2011, 09:08:36 pm »
Awesome thanks guys.  ;D Also should I add a little bit of wire into the ears to make them stick straight up. I was planning on cutting out to ovals of the ear shape stuffing and sewwing them together and putting a wire in there to make them stay straight. Will this work?

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #690 on: August 20, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »
Awesome thanks guys.  ;D Also should I add a little bit of wire into the ears to make them stick straight up. I was planning on cutting out to ovals of the ear shape stuffing and sewwing them together and putting a wire in there to make them stay straight. Will this work?
well it might not make them stand straight up unless the wire is somehow attached to the head band or the base ears are stuck on there REALLY well but it will keep the ears from flopping around. I actually bent coat hangers and used them in my raichu ears to keep the shape and it worked. Then i made a sort of slip to go over the sire, stuffed them, and hand sewed them closed. The again, i'm no expert ^^;
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:38:24 pm by Tanuki19 »

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #691 on: August 20, 2011, 09:45:26 pm »
well it might not make them stand straight up unless the wire is somehow attached to the head band or the base ears are stuck on there REALLY well but it will keep the ears from flopping around. I actually bent coat hangers and used them in my raichu ears to keep the shape and it worked. Then i made a sort of slip to go over the sire, stuffed them, and hand sewed them closed. The again, i'm no expert ^^;
[/quote]
Yeah thats what I was plannig to do. The coat hangers is a great idea. Also I would love to see your raichu ears are you going to post any pictures of them?

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #692 on: August 20, 2011, 09:47:23 pm »
sure! let's see where i put that picture...

edit: here it is!

this is the only picture i have of them uploaded on my photobucket. i used the handle of the coat hanger to make the swirl at the end of the ears. XD MAN, DO I WISH I HAD MAGNETO POWERS CAUSE BENDING COAT HANGERS CAN BE HARD.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:52:26 pm by Tanuki19 »

Offline CyanideCancer

• Cabbit
    • Yup
« Reply #693 on: August 21, 2011, 09:42:39 am »
I thought I'd add an input to this. My 11 year old sister will be Skitty for our time at the con. :]
Rawr

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #694 on: August 21, 2011, 11:18:13 am »
I love skitty! I shall be stalking you lol

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #695 on: August 21, 2011, 12:05:54 pm »
Two of my friends are doing as Skitty and Delcatty (They are sisters. XP).

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #696 on: August 21, 2011, 02:26:51 pm »
Gah! I have new stalker targets lol

Offline CyanideCancer

• Cabbit
    • Yup
« Reply #697 on: August 21, 2011, 02:32:00 pm »
@TalaRedWolf33 Well, I'll be Aeris but my Skitty sister will love having a fan. :]
Rawr

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #698 on: August 21, 2011, 09:12:38 pm »

RAICHU! just needs tail and shoes

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #699 on: August 21, 2011, 11:50:43 pm »
no white belly!? ;A; nuuuu ;~;