Author Topic: SAY almost ANYTHING WE WANT TO!  (Read 2160786 times)

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: SAY almost ANYTHING WE WANT TO!
« Reply #20750 on: May 25, 2011, 08:06:48 am »
Surprisingly as much as I like Harry Potter I've never stayed up for the midnight showing, I usually end up going the day of its release or the day after. The only thing I remember staying up till midnight to see were two Bollywood movies. Oh yeah~
Just me and a bunch of Indians dancing. It was great. I'm always looking for an excuse to wear Indian clothing.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:08:29 am by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #20751 on: May 25, 2011, 10:28:01 am »
I have a soft spot for dem saris.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20752 on: May 25, 2011, 01:41:33 pm »
It's not like you spend time just watching the movie and that's it. There's plenty of time both before and after a midnight premiere to socialize, discuss the movie, make friends, et cetera. For instance, for the premiere of Order of the Phoenix, earlier that night I'd gone to the Harry and the Potters concert that was happening in Portland, and went to the same theater as the band for the movie. I got to talk to the band members, get my swag from the show signed, and connect with a lot of the other concert-goers. Obviously this doesn't happen every time, but midnight premieres get the hardcore fans who are generally more enthusiastic and happy to be there than the rest of the movie audience. I've met TONS of neat people at premieres, people who I wouldn't have met otherwise.

None of that is what you pay for at the theatres.  The socializing with friends at the theatre is completely irrelevant to whether or not the opening premiere night is important.  The fact that there's a band names Harry and the Potters is kind of sad, unless at least one of them is also a Potter, then it's kind of funny, and unless they're a legitimately successful band and not some garage-level band that's known only locally among 30 people, then this is a poor thing to point out.  You can also meet all of these people at other times for movie showings.

Each movie only comes out once.

First off, not always.  There have been several movies that have had multiple runs in theatres.  Even if what I said wasn't the case, it's not like movies are ONLY shown that one time.  Movies are played a few times in a single day; if they're "popular" enough, they can even reach a dozen showing or more in multiple rooms.  They are also there for several weeks, sometimes being around for well over a month.  And there's also the smaller theatres and the $3 theatre in Vancouver that show movies well after their original theatre time.

Again, it's no big deal if you miss the opening premiere of a movie.  You'll have plenty of opportunities to see it another time.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20753 on: May 25, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »
Me too <3
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20754 on: May 25, 2011, 02:56:47 pm »

You should see Chauna in one some time.  She's got two.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #20755 on: May 25, 2011, 04:25:58 pm »
None of that is what you pay for at the theatres.  The socializing with friends at the theatre is completely irrelevant to whether or not the opening premiere night is important.  The fact that there's a band names Harry and the Potters is kind of sad, unless at least one of them is also a Potter, then it's kind of funny, and unless they're a legitimately successful band and not some garage-level band that's known only locally among 30 people, then this is a poor thing to point out.  You can also meet all of these people at other times for movie showings.

Okay, true, I didn't pay the movie theater for my Harry and the Potters experience. Do you pay Kumoricon for your experience with your friends? To meet cool people? The chance meetings at Starbucks with cool guests or admired cosplayers? No. You could experience that stuff anywhere. It's just that without the catalyst of the con, meetings like that are much, much harder to come by. Same with movie premieres. And, as I've pointed out before, the hardcore fans go to the midnight showings. If you want to hang out with the fans who have as much dedication and love as you, those are the showings you go to.
And dude, Harry and the Potters is HUGE. Search it sometime. No, wait, let me do your work for you.
http://harryandthepotters.com/
http://www.myspace.com/harryandthepotters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_and_the_Potters
Not to mention they're responsible for spawning every other Wizard Rock band in existence right now, many of which are as popular as them or more so. That fact that you're ignorant of them doesn't make them lame or unpopular or "kind of sad", it just means you haven't heard of them. There's a difference.

First off, not always.  There have been several movies that have had multiple runs in theatres.  Even if what I said wasn't the case, it's not like movies are ONLY shown that one time.  Movies are played a few times in a single day; if they're "popular" enough, they can even reach a dozen showing or more in multiple rooms.  They are also there for several weeks, sometimes being around for well over a month.  And there's also the smaller theatres and the $3 theatre in Vancouver that show movies well after their original theatre time.

Again, it's no big deal if you miss the opening premiere of a movie.  You'll have plenty of opportunities to see it another time.

All of that it totally true. However, it's missing the ultimate point: The MIDNIGHT PREMIERE. It only happens ONCE. Seeing a movie a couple months later is NOT THE SAME as seeing it at midnight, which is what this whole thing is about. Just saying that it's all available at a later date is completely irrelevant. That's like saying "Oh, you've missed Friday and Saturday and most of Sunday of Kumoricon? That's okay, there are still a couple cosplayers here who are interested in hanging out. Everyone interesting who might have shared your enthusiasm and passion has already gone home or left for their afterparties, but hey, at this point you can practically get into the con for free, maybe catch one more panel, but this is basically the same, right? Plus, PLUS, now it costs less! Really, this is better."

Cons are also multiple days long, not two hours.  You get to meet people in the business, not watch something for two hours.  Kumoricon is an annual event, movies constantly come out.  These are NOT the same.

It's not like you spend time just watching the movie and that's it. There's plenty of time both before and after a midnight premiere to socialize, discuss the movie, make friends, et cetera. For instance, for the premiere of Order of the Phoenix, earlier that night I'd gone to the Harry and the Potters concert that was happening in Portland, and went to the same theater as the band for the movie. I got to talk to the band members, get my swag from the show signed, and connect with a lot of the other concert-goers. Obviously this doesn't happen every time, but midnight premieres get the hardcore fans who are generally more enthusiastic and happy to be there than the rest of the movie audience. I've met TONS of neat people at premieres, people who I wouldn't have met otherwise.

Besides, as you said, cons are an annual thing. Each movie only comes out once. So really, looking at it that way, midnight movie premieres are more of an event that cons. I missed Kcon '07 because I was in Europe, but I wasn't too upset about it because I knew there was always next year; I wouldn't be so forgiving, no matter where in the world I was, if I had to miss the Deathly Hallows premiere.

This. QFT. Absolutely. I can't stress enough how much midnight premiers are about the experience and not just the movie. I'm not much into Harry Potter, but I am a massive Lord of the Rings geek, and the midnight showing for Fellowship was just...indescribable, and sooooo not just sitting watching a movie. Washougal, the fact that you've never attended a midnight showing is really coming through in your justifications. It is really a mini-con. People of the same hardcore passion gather, usually hours in advance either waiting in lines or in the theaters. People cosplay for it, contests are often held, people converse and make new friends. Oddly enough, watching the movie is usually the least spectacular aspect of the movie - it is the atmosphere that surrounds the midnight showing that makes it so worth it in so many people's eyes. And even while the movie is playing, like for the Star Wars Episode III midnight premier, people often interact with the film (but not in obnoxious ways or anything distracting). It is just a very hardcore gathering of those who love the culture and film. You couldn't be selling it any shorter by saying it's just "watching a movie".

Thank you, you've expressed this much more eloquently than I could.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20756 on: May 25, 2011, 04:32:22 pm »
*slow clap*

I agree with the experience of it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:36:06 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20757 on: May 25, 2011, 04:59:11 pm »
And dude, Harry and the Potters is HUGE. Search it sometime. No, wait, let me do your work for you.
Not to mention they're responsible for spawning every other Wizard Rock band in existence right now, many of which are as popular as them or more so. That fact that you're ignorant of them doesn't make them lame or unpopular or "kind of sad", it just means you haven't heard of them. There's a difference.

Clearly, they're not as huge as you think.  I've never heard them on the radio, I've never seen them on TV, and the five friends that I have near me right now have never heard of them, either (except for one who thought that they were a fictitious band).  Wizard rock?  lol

All of that it totally true. However, it's missing the ultimate point: The MIDNIGHT PREMIERE. It only happens ONCE. Seeing a movie a couple months later is NOT THE SAME as seeing it at midnight, which is what this whole thing is about.

Nothing you, or anyone for that matter, has given a legitimate reason for why there's a significant difference between seeing a Midnight premiere and seeing it two or three weeks later at 5:10pm.

Cons are also multiple days long, not two hours.  You get to meet people in the business, not watch something for two hours.  Kumoricon is an annual event, movies constantly come out.  These are NOT the same.

Besides, as you said, cons are an annual thing. Each movie only comes out once. So really, looking at it that way, midnight movie premieres are more of an event that cons. I missed Kcon '07 because I was in Europe, but I wasn't too upset about it because I knew there was always next year; I wouldn't be so forgiving, no matter where in the world I was, if I had to miss the Deathly Hallows premiere.

This. QFT. Absolutely. I can't stress enough how much midnight premiers are about the experience and not just the movie. I'm not much into Harry Potter, but I am a massive Lord of the Rings geek, and the midnight showing for Fellowship was just...indescribable, and sooooo not just sitting watching a movie. Washougal, the fact that you've never attended a midnight showing is really coming through in your justifications. It is really a mini-con. People of the same hardcore passion gather, usually hours in advance either waiting in lines or in the theaters. People cosplay for it, contests are often held, people converse and make new friends. Oddly enough, watching the movie is usually the least spectacular aspect of the movie - it is the atmosphere that surrounds the midnight showing that makes it so worth it in so many people's eyes. And even while the movie is playing, like for the Star Wars Episode III midnight premier, people often interact with the film (but not in obnoxious ways or anything distracting). It is just a very hardcore gathering of those who love the culture and film. You couldn't be selling it any shorter by saying it's just "watching a movie".

Thank you, you've expressed this much more eloquently than I could.

And yet, both of you have failed in saying anything that proves me wrong.  There has never been a movie MADE that would justify being obsessed with going to a Midnight premiere or saying that missing it would devastate me.  That is what I've been saying this entire time; if you miss it, no biggie.  If it's your thing, good for you, I don't care.  I think I should be allowed to have an opinion without having several people, including my girlfriend, riding my case over MOVIES!!!  And for those of you who "think" you're not riding my case, stop attempting to convince me to favor Midnight movies over waiting for a time that's more convenient.  Talk about something else, already.  This conversation is getting really old and it's honestly starting to piss me off.  Talk about sports, talk about books, talk about the con that's coming up in a little over 3 months (since that's the main point of this site), but let's PLEASE stop hounding me about this!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:07:01 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

oslapedo

« Reply #20758 on: May 25, 2011, 05:06:16 pm »

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #20759 on: May 25, 2011, 05:10:12 pm »
Time out.

The way I read it, this was never a case of trying to convince you to go see Midnight Premiers, just arguing the case for them being a valid experience.

Plus she has given many reasons as to why seeing it a midnight is a difference experience than seeing any other time. Your refusal is simply poor debatemanship.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #20760 on: May 25, 2011, 05:26:33 pm »
OH MY GOD THIS IS RICH. Tears of laughter, squirting everywhere. Oh god, I can't breath.

Eve, Jaqua, I love you guys so much. I want to QFT you guys right now but I would probably take up a whole page of this thread.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:30:42 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #20761 on: May 25, 2011, 05:30:41 pm »

Clearly, they're not as huge as you think.  I've never heard them on the radio, I've never seen them on TV, and the five friends that I have near me right now have never heard of them, either (except for one who thought that they were a fictitious band).  Wizard rock?  lol

That's a rather old media way of judging popularity there, Just because it's not covered on TV or the radio or that your group of friends haven't heard of them doesn't mean they are not popular, it merely means they are popular in a circle that you are not part of. Also if I solely use tv and the radio as a means of discovering new bands I'd only be listening the smallest fraction of music out there, the media has evolved past the need to promote on tv or the corporate controlled airwaves of the radio, most bands self promote nowadays using various social media sites that I assume you're aware of. As for your rude dismissal of the genre of Wizard Rock, don't knock it till you've tried it, it's basically a new wave of filk bands.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20762 on: May 25, 2011, 05:35:11 pm »
^ Which only proves my point even more.  I have no reason to have heard of them until now, so from my perspective, they are NOT HUGE!

@Classy - Honestly, I see it as both, and both have failed.  And the "reasons" are completely illogical, BECAUSE they can all occur during a matinee showing, too, and it'd probably work out better for many people that way.  Plus, my main point has been about whether or not missing a Midnight premiere is a big deal or not, which it's not.  Much of what has been said has been irrelevant in terms of what I said from the beginning.  That is why I'm refusing their arguments, because they don't even really talk about what I was originally saying.  That's not poor, that's how debates work.  As an extreme example, it would be like making an argument about ones stance on the War on Terrorism by mentioning the atomic weight of plutonium.  If you're going to debate, stick with the subject at hand.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20763 on: May 25, 2011, 05:42:12 pm »
>Make friends and have in-depth conversations about the movie subject
>Matinee
>Implying you don't buy your ticket, mumble a bit at the guy that tells you which theater to go to and then sit down in a nearly-empty theater because everyone else already saw it two weeks ago

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:45:42 pm by LtCommanderRichie »

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #20764 on: May 25, 2011, 05:49:31 pm »
I have no reason to have heard of them until now, so from my perspective, they are NOT HUGE!

My grandfather asked me who Lady Gaga was last Christmas. He's never heard of her, she must not be that big a deal. Also, I highly doubt that someone who's obsessed with football and goes to anime conventions and doesn't care about Harry Potter would know who Harry and the Potters are. I couldn't name a single football player from any team in the United States, and I'm pretty sure I could find a number of friends who are in the same boat. They must not matter or be relevant to anyone! Obviously my opinion is rule for everyone, football is dumb.

Also:

No movie is worth a $14 ticket or staying up to midnight to watch the very first showing of it.  I've never done it, and I can guarantee that there is no movie that will ever be made that will make me change my mind.

Oh no, turns out we actually ARE discussing what this original debate was about, which is that there is a valid reason for wanting to see a movie at midnight, and that you're too stubborn to accept that other people might feel some amount of passion and enthusiasm for something in their lives. I'm sorry dude, that's rough.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #20765 on: May 25, 2011, 05:51:50 pm »
I have no reason to have heard of them until now, so from my perspective, they are NOT HUGE!

My grandfather asked me who Lady Gaga was last Christmas. He's never heard of her, she must not be that big a deal. Also, I highly doubt that someone who's obsessed with football and goes to anime conventions and doesn't care about Harry Potter would know who Harry and the Potters are. I couldn't name a single football player from any team in the United States, and I'm pretty sure I could find a number of friends who are in the same boat. They must not matter or be relevant to anyone! Obviously my opinion is rule for everyone, football is dumb.

Also:

No movie is worth a $14 ticket or staying up to midnight to watch the very first showing of it.  I've never done it, and I can guarantee that there is no movie that will ever be made that will make me change my mind.

Oh no, turns out we actually ARE discussing what this original debate was about, which is that there is a valid reason for wanting to see a movie at midnight, and that you're too stubborn to accept that other people might feel some amount of passion and enthusiasm for something in their lives. I'm sorry dude, that's rough.

Kelsey, if I weren't already shipping you, I'd ask you to marry me.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #20766 on: May 25, 2011, 05:54:36 pm »
>Make friends and have in-depth conversations about the movie subject
>Matinee
>Implying you don't buy your ticket, mumble a bit at the guy that tells you which theater to go to and then sit down in a nearly-empty theater because everyone else already saw it two weeks ago

I don't have a reaction image strong enough to describe how hard I'm laughing at this.

Arrison: I love you too.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20767 on: May 25, 2011, 05:55:51 pm »
One of the funnest nights I ever had was waiting hanging out in front of Fred Meyer with my younger brother until 12am for the midnight sale of the Wii.  Met a really cool guy and shared some good conversations with him.  ^_^  Ended up buying him some Jack in the Box, too, with the promise that I was not to tell his wife since she had him on a diet.  ;)

And "huge" is relative. =)  I just saw a band last week that I consider to be "huge".  They're huge in the underground metal world; they don't even have a Wikipedia page.  To be honest, I'm not even sure where they're from.  But, they packed the place and it was non-stop stage diving and moshpits up front.  So, they're "huge" to me based off that.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20768 on: May 25, 2011, 05:59:35 pm »
This argument is stupid and it ends right here.

Seriously, I don't even have words to express how much this argument represents absolutely nothing.  Some people feel that movie premieres are worthwhile events to attend.  Some people don't.  End of discussion.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #20769 on: May 25, 2011, 06:09:24 pm »
I am gonna put the Director Level seriousness in this one.

Seriously guys...

This was always supposed to be about fun and silly. If you want to debate the merits of Cheese on your broccoli vs not, go right ahead SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Cause it seems like every debate turns into personal attacks and I am honestly tired of the degradation of discourse.

If you need help with this, please check out this link:

http://unrforliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Our-Discussion.jpg

If you want to have fun, have fun. But I can't sit here and let petty snarky comments fill my inbox because it suits the masses. Our Mods and I have far more fun things, like cute kitty videos, to attend to than needless personal attacks in a debate.

So - lets re-up the discussion and get back to what this topic is about:

What kind of superpowers do you secretly think you have? I have always wished/secretly believed I'm an empath.... even though I HATE HATE feelings... what about you?
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20770 on: May 25, 2011, 06:14:52 pm »
I think I have some degree of extra sensory perception, because I tend to predict things (little things mind you, people's responses, thoughts or gestures), waaaaay too often. But then again, it could just be some acute way of focusing.

But I want to call it a superpower, so there it is.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20771 on: May 25, 2011, 06:18:41 pm »
I'm pretty sure that I can talk to fish, but they don't seem to like me enough to respond.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20772 on: May 25, 2011, 06:20:49 pm »

oslapedo

« Reply #20773 on: May 25, 2011, 06:29:53 pm »

Kelsey x ?

WHAT SHIP IS THIS

this

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20774 on: May 25, 2011, 06:32:58 pm »
When nobody's watching I like to pretend I can do magic.

But I'm fairly certain I really just sing the song the world wants to hear.

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #20775 on: May 25, 2011, 06:33:23 pm »

Kelsey x ?

WHAT SHIP IS THIS
Kelsey x Jeff

Also my superpower would be to turn into Macho Man Randy Savage by shouting the magic words ''OOOOH YEAH, DIG IT, YEA''
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:34:51 pm by Man of the Public »

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20776 on: May 25, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »
Dude, Lt, that was like a poem or something.

I can make red lights turn green, just by staring at them. Some days I am totally on and get 'em to go right away and other days it's harder. I have not been able to figure out what affects 'em, like maybe it's the moon or something.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #20777 on: May 25, 2011, 07:11:22 pm »
I like grapes

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #20778 on: May 25, 2011, 07:34:41 pm »
So, I got strep throat. But the doctor gave me some MAGIC and now I am almost better and it's been like one day <3333

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20779 on: May 25, 2011, 09:15:50 pm »
Why must the levels in Dragon Age: Origins be so long? DDDX i've been stuck in Orzammar all day!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20780 on: May 25, 2011, 09:17:01 pm »
New South Park tonight, about crack addicted babies. That's called playing it classy.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20781 on: May 25, 2011, 09:49:51 pm »
Don't you just love how the internet brings out the best in people? i sure do XD

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #20782 on: May 25, 2011, 10:53:09 pm »
Power went out today cause some idiot crashed into a power pole down the street which took out three power boxes. :/
Wallmart even had to escort people out of the store cause they lost all power, too.

But yeah...I'm working on trying to decide how I'm going to do HP7.2 midnight premier. :P
I want to dress up but I have red hair now. But not Weasley red... :/ So I don't know who I can do.
Or I can wear my blond wig and do a Luna...

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #20783 on: May 26, 2011, 07:26:01 am »
Obligatory 90s reference, and a cookie to anyone who recognizes the image...

I'll be Schadenfreude Man... no matter what the situation, I can always think of a reason to cheer up 'cause it could be worse.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:28:43 am by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20784 on: May 26, 2011, 07:41:11 am »
I had to Google the title before I guessed, just to make sure I was even close, but . . Mystery Men? ^_^  I never actually saw it, though.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #20785 on: May 26, 2011, 08:33:25 am »
Aye! You've got an amazing memory... I don't know if I would have gotten it just from the image, and I saw and loved the movie.

*goes to kitchen to start baking cookies*
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20786 on: May 26, 2011, 10:05:39 am »
Also my superpower would be to turn into Macho Man Randy Savage by shouting the magic words ''OOOOH YEAH, DIG IT, YEA''

This is an AWESOME power!

Offline Doctor Whooves

• Cabbit
« Reply #20787 on: May 26, 2011, 11:40:05 am »
Don't you just love how the internet brings out the best in people? i sure do XD
Yep, the anonymity of the internet sure does allow people to treat others however they deem fit.
"Trust me, I'm the Doctor."

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #20788 on: May 26, 2011, 12:01:54 pm »
Yep, the anonymity of the internet sure does allow people to treat others however they deem fit.
I see this law as both a positive and negative.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #20789 on: May 26, 2011, 12:15:10 pm »

I'll be Schadenfreude Man... no matter what the situation, I can always think of a reason to cheer up 'cause it could be worse.  ;)

Oh man this movie.... my friends and I had an ongoing joke in high school surrounding each of us being one of the Mystery Men, I was obviously The Bowler. lol.

It distresses me that so many people my age don't remember this movie. =/

Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #20790 on: May 26, 2011, 01:40:18 pm »

Oh man this movie.... my friends and I had an ongoing joke in high school surrounding each of us being one of the Mystery Men, I was obviously The Bowler. lol.

It distresses me that so many people my age don't remember this movie. =/

TD Bro cosplay time? Mystery Men 2013?
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #20791 on: May 26, 2011, 06:58:25 pm »
FFFFFF...... Oh man don't even toy with my emotions. XD
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #20792 on: May 26, 2011, 07:56:31 pm »
Mystery Men is an awesome movie. I wish the Waffler was real.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #20793 on: May 26, 2011, 08:34:30 pm »
FFFFFF...... Oh man don't even toy with my emotions. XD
I'm not playing, let's do it.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #20794 on: May 26, 2011, 09:46:49 pm »
I really want to play StarJeweled right now. I'll match up emblems and send out my Ultralisks!

Ooh, what if there was a Starcraft 2 tournament at Kumoricon? Would that be a good idea?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:47:31 pm by lychee-twist »
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20795 on: May 26, 2011, 09:54:01 pm »
It'd be really difficult to set something like that up since Kumoricon doesn't really have a LAN setup (there's been one on-and-off but not really up to the demands of current games) and since Multiplayer on SC2 requires an account that owns the game. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20796 on: May 26, 2011, 10:02:57 pm »
This Portal 2 soundtrack is rocking my world. Science is fun indeed.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
« Reply #20797 on: May 26, 2011, 10:22:53 pm »
It'd be really difficult to set something like that up since Kumoricon doesn't really have a LAN setup (there's been one on-and-off but not really up to the demands of current games) and since Multiplayer on SC2 requires an account that owns the game. :P
Plus SC2 has no LAN support.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20798 on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:42 pm »
Getting rid of LAN support was so lame. =(