Author Topic: Persona in 09!  (Read 59004 times)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: Persona in 09!
« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2009, 06:52:26 pm »
@iluvshijimi
I'm pretty interested in the reworked story myself.  But I'm not buying a PSP for it.
I luv to see you cosplay her ^_^.  She looks like a fun character to cosplay.

Neither you nor Serika have a PSP?! D:

I have two, haha xD

I don't know when I'll get around to cosplaying her, but I definitely will eventually~

@ Serika

Ooh, Bush Garden sounds nice!

You would pull her off really well~

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2009, 12:06:46 pm »
@iluvshijimi
nope.  It doesn't have any games I really want to play.

Presuming the mistake I made in cutting it out, I'm hoping to have a picture of the pink jacket for Yukari up later today.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2009, 10:57:54 pm »
I just saw the Persona 3 Portable Opening. It's a lot different from P3 in style, but I like this new style a lot. Here's a link if you're too lazy to find it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MRkM-fM7wg&feature=player_embedded

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2009, 02:52:25 am »
Heeey. >___> Almost done with my P3 Protagonist cosplay (even if it's pretty shoddy-looking 'round the collar area) but I'm not sure what to do for the SEES armband...specifically, the letters on it. Anyone have any quick and cheap solutions I could resort to for it?

...>_> And I'm very sorry if this is a selfish, conversation-derailing reply.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:58:07 am by Red Spark »
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2009, 03:27:49 am »
@Red Spark
Execution!!

jk =P

first thought of making one is maybe make a simple red armband and draw the letters in.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:39 am »
@iluvshijimi
nope.  It doesn't have any games I really want to play.

Presuming the mistake I made in cutting it out, I'm hoping to have a picture of the pink jacket for Yukari up later today.

Ah~ I play a lot of Japanese games on my PSP :3 The US game selection is terrible @_@
And hope you'll post up pictures of the jacket soon!

@YouLikeRice
I liked the old style better *pout* >3< And I don't like the song. But Elizabeth's male counterpart looks "interesting", heehee :'D

@Red Spark
I agree with Seraph~

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2009, 01:50:29 pm »
@Seraph & iluvshijimi

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that...But then I wondered about how something like sharpie or some similar pen would appear on the armband. >_>

Well, trying never hurt, and if I make a mistake, I've got enough fabric for multiple attempts...so I guess it'd be worth a shot. XD Thanks, you two.

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2009, 02:02:16 pm »
@iluvshijimi
ahh I see.  State side, the DS interest me more.
well I'm hoping to put it together today.  It likely won't meet my perferred lvl quality though.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2009, 03:40:04 pm »
@Red Spark: You could buy black fabric paint for pretty cheap at Michaels, and that won't spread and look gross... You just have to be careful about not making any major mistakes, but if you have long nails (which I doubt) you can scrape off the excess paint before it dries... AND YOU SHOULD GO TO THE KINGS GAAAAAME

ALSO VIDEO FGJHJFGKH *dying*
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2009, 09:06:39 pm »
I looked up BUSH GARDENS and it looks great~!
Though we need to find out how much they charge etc.etc. (I only have so much money, and if its only going to be three of us, then thats going to be A LOT) Maybe we could recruit people as well who aren't on the forums? (We could post something in the PLAN YOUR OWN ADVENTURE) but it would just be for PERSONA people (is that harsh?)

Here are the rooms:::

The Parlor 1
http://www.bush-garden.com/images/parior.jpg

The Parlor 2
http://www.bush-garden.com/images/IMG_1517.JPG

Those are the "private rooms" I found. Unless you wanted to be seated in the Dining room, or Sushi bar.
I would personally go for Parlor 1 due to we can see the whole thing in the photo XD

Here is the menu
http://www.bush-garden.com/index_menu.html

WAIT

I just looked at their hours TT3TT

Bush Garden Open hour
Lunch
Thu---Fri11:30-14:00
Dinner
Tue---Thu 17:00-22:00
Fri--Sat 5:00-10:30

What time do you want to do it Saturday? Should one of us make reservations in a private room? (it would be better to tell them in advance)
here is the email:::
info@bush-garden.com

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:11:37 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2009, 09:09:43 pm »
Should I go as Kou or Yosuke to Kumoricon/King's Game? I had extra money in my wallet, so I bought the accessories for Yosuke.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2009, 09:12:50 pm »
Should I go as Kou or Yosuke to Kumoricon/King's Game? I had extra money in my wallet, so I bought the accessories for Yosuke.

You could go as Kou then run to the bathroom and change lolol and be like "KOU GOT SICK, SO I CAME INSTEAD" lol
I would vote for Yosuke, because then we would have some of the main characters from Persona 4~ but that's just my opinion : 3 you don't have to listen to it~

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2009, 09:20:36 pm »
@anime_gurl

lol. Kou gets sick, runs to the bathroom, stays in there for a while, Yosuke comes out? I bet Kou and Yosuke are the same person in the game, since you never see them together. I kind of wanted to go as Yosuke more, since he's more well known than Kou. But I wanted to post here for your guys opinions.

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2009, 07:36:21 pm »
I'll be going as Naoto Shirogane (too) from P4 even though I'm a guy. ^////^

Hope to see you fellow Persona cosplayers this year!
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Simon (pre-timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
Simon Brezhnev - Durarara!!

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2009, 10:24:20 pm »
I'll be going as Naoto Shirogane (too) from P4 even though I'm a guy. ^////^

Hope to see you fellow Persona cosplayers this year!

YAY for male Naoto. Can't wait to see all the Persona cosplayers at Kumoricon.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2009, 01:23:20 am »
so how many people is that for the king's game now? 

As for Bush Gardens, hmm, maybe we could start at like 7 or 8pm and just stay until closing?  Or do we want to find someplace open a bit later?  Also, it's the three of us, plus Kou/Yosuke, Fuuka, and Ken for sure, plus possibly a Mitsuru as well as anyone else who's less active here, or who we meet *at* con...

Arrg, I wish a schedule would be posted soon so we could arrange when our photoshoot will beeee.  Should we pick a tentative time for now, since 8/28's getting closer and closer?
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2009, 11:07:30 am »
What time do you want to do it Saturday?

I like parlor 1, and I agree with Serika, start at 7-8 then stay 'til closing~

We should pick a tentative time for the photoshoot since the deadline is nearing... >3< I also have someone who is interested in photographing our group, so I think we're set for photographer!

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #217 on: August 25, 2009, 12:52:02 pm »
May as well go ahead and say I'd like to take part in the King's Game, for whatever it's worth. >_> I should be able to go, unless my friends decide to haul me off to some panel or something else comes up on Saturday.

'Sides, if Bush Gardens is where this'll be taking place, that's a plus for me, since I've never been there before, despite hearing about it from all my friends.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2009, 03:30:58 pm »
@iluvshijimi

Are you going as Yukiko all three days?

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2009, 03:35:29 pm »
I just have a panel on Saturday night~~ I THINK. (I can't recall TTATT) But I'm not sure as of yet.
Who wants to email and reserve parlor 1? (I think it would be best to reserve, because we don't want to show up with tons of people. That never ends well with restaurants)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »
I just have a panel on Saturday night~~ I THINK. (I can't recall TTATT) But I'm not sure as of yet.
Who wants to email and reserve parlor 1? (I think it would be best to reserve, because we don't want to show up with tons of people. That never ends well with restaurants)

On Thursday, Yukiko, me and another friend are heading downtown to reserve a place.  And I'm not sure if YouLikeRice wanted to go too?  Anyways, Bush Gardens is just one of the many restaurants downtown, and at least I was hoping to find a place that's be reservable for free or at least pretty cheap, since I imagine we'll also be getting food.  Or, at least, I know I will.  And my stomach is a black hole.  If you do have that panel, be sure to come afterwards!  ;o; THIS IS A BIG DEAL, REALLY.  Does someone own a video camera?  It might be nice to record this, actually... I could bring my computer if all else fails. 

We'll be happy to have you there, Red Spark!! 8D

Anyone have ideas for photoshoot times?  I'm not really sure about the specific times of day that light is better, though I think while we're downtown we'll probably see a few nice places for a photoshoot, and we could check out the hotel, too.  That's great about a photographer though, I can't wait!! 8D
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2009, 07:41:26 pm »

On Thursday, Yukiko, me and another friend are heading downtown to reserve a place.  And I'm not sure if YouLikeRice wanted to go too?  Anyways, Bush Gardens is just one of the many restaurants downtown, and at least I was hoping to find a place that's be reservable for free or at least pretty cheap, since I imagine we'll also be getting food.  Or, at least, I know I will.  And my stomach is a black hole.  If you do have that panel, be sure to come afterwards!  ;o; THIS IS A BIG DEAL, REALLY.  Does someone own a video camera?  It might be nice to record this, actually... I could bring my computer if all else fails. 

Well I think it might be free to rent it, you can always email them in advance and ask (never hurts~) And I don't know if my panel is Saturday or Sunday (I think it might be sunday...) but I can't recall T3T
Yes, food is also nice. Everyone pays for themselves, correct?

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2009, 09:38:13 pm »
@iluvshijimi

Are you going as Yukiko all three days?

Yup, I will be Yukiko all three days, though part of a day, I'll be wearing Ciel from Kuroshitsuji~

@ Serika
I have a digicam with video I'll be bringing, so if no one else brings one, we'll have that at least. And I WILL be getting food, hehe, I haven't been there before :3

As for the photoshoot, I think we should have it at a park block outside so we'll have lots of lighting, and sometime in the afternoon will work best. Maybe we could have the shoot right before we do King's Game, so we can all head over to Bush Gardens together? My photographer is asking for a specific time and place, so we should probably figure this out soon DX

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2009, 12:19:18 am »
@anime_gurl_123: (is there a better way to refer to you besides your username?) yeah, I assumed everyone would pay for themselves.  Umm, well since it's a day and a half away, I think it'll be fine.. Err, I mean, we're reserving a space this coming Thursday, not the Thursday right before the convention.  So that's a little over a week's advance notice?  I think that should be okay.  If there are two rooms and we ABSOLUTELY NEED TO EAT AT BUSH GARDENS!!!! then at least one of them should be available from..a week from now. 

@iluvshijimi: Not that I'm bothered by this, but since you're going as her all three days, does that mean there's no chance I could borrow the school uniform top on Monday for Ai? 8D;; I mean, it's fine if you want to go as her then, I just want to get my schedule as sure as possible. 
Umm, AA ends at 6, I believe?  So I could dash out of there after then, put on my SUPER COOL GAS STATION OUTFIT (still kinda want a gas pump, though it's looking slim at this point... Maybe I could carry one of those jugs or something.  I'll have to raid value village.) and then be outside at the park at 6:0...5, and maybe an hour to an hour and a half is enough time. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:34 am »
@anime_gurl_123: (is there a better way to refer to you besides your username?) yeah, I assumed everyone would pay for themselves.  Umm, well since it's a day and a half away, I think it'll be fine.. Err, I mean, we're reserving a space this coming Thursday, not the Thursday right before the convention.  So that's a little over a week's advance notice?  I think that should be okay.  If there are two rooms and we ABSOLUTELY NEED TO EAT AT BUSH GARDENS!!!! then at least one of them should be available from..a week from now. 

Ah you can call me Natalie or Nana~ whichever you prefer : 3
I know its a lame long username >////< sorry about that~! (I made it when I was young~)
I think a week in advance would be okay~ maybe one of us should email them telling them in advance that we are going to scout the room~? I don't know that's just me >//3//>
I've never eaten at Bush Gardens~ I've always heard good things about them : 3 I am excited~!

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2009, 01:08:43 pm »

@iluvshijimi: Not that I'm bothered by this, but since you're going as her all three days, does that mean there's no chance I could borrow the school uniform top on Monday for Ai? 8D;; I mean, it's fine if you want to go as her then, I just want to get my schedule as sure as possible. 
Umm, AA ends at 6, I believe?  So I could dash out of there after then, put on my SUPER COOL GAS STATION OUTFIT (still kinda want a gas pump, though it's looking slim at this point... Maybe I could carry one of those jugs or something.  I'll have to raid value village.) and then be outside at the park at 6:0...5, and maybe an hour to an hour and a half is enough time. 

Actually, and I'm really very sorry about this! >3<, but I ended up becoming really sick over the last day or two and had to take the day off from work TODAY. That means I have to come into work tomorrow to make it up, so I won't be able to go with you to check the place out/make the reservation with you TAT I'M SO SORRYYYYYY orz

As for borrowing the school top on Monday, you can, but only when I'm not using it for cosplay chess >.< I don't know exactly what time of day that is, but they said they would be posting the final details the week before the con, so I will know by then. I'm sorry, again T.T

So are we deciding on photoshoot at a park block around 6:00 PM? I will tell my photographer that and maybe you could post in Nikkolie's photography thread so we become official?

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2009, 06:40:42 pm »
@iluvshijimi: Ah, really?  D8 Well, we'll probably just go tomorrow then, and hopefully we'll find something nice, even without Yukiko. ): As for the top thing, uhh, that's fine.  Let me know what time cosplay chess is once you've figured that out, and then I'll decide whether or not it's really worth it to steal it for just a few hours? XD;; Thanks though. 

Umm, yeah, I'll go post in the photoshoot thread. 

Should we meet in the lobby first or just go straight to the park?
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2009, 02:39:04 pm »
Hey, bumping with a double post and I'm about to head out here... But, uhh, I think we should maybe meet in the hotel lobby/foyer beforehand, since there are a handful of parks in the area.  Nikkiolie (?) mentioned this too when I posted in the photoshoot thread. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2009, 03:40:53 pm »
@iluvshijimi: Ah, really?  D8 Well, we'll probably just go tomorrow then, and hopefully we'll find something nice, even without Yukiko. ): As for the top thing, uhh, that's fine.  Let me know what time cosplay chess is once you've figured that out, and then I'll decide whether or not it's really worth it to steal it for just a few hours? XD;; Thanks though.

Okay! I will let you know when I get the info :3

And meeting at the lobby is a good idea~ I will relay the photoshoot stuff to the photographer.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2009, 09:23:24 pm »
So, Bush Garden was closed, and there were no hours posted, and some sort of...construction-ey bits were laying around so we gave up on that one. 

And from here on, I have good news, bad news, good news, and good news again. 

Good: We reserved a place: Todai, a Japanese restaurant in pioneer place. 
Bad: It's $27.95 a person. 
Good: There's NO ROOM FEE!  We're just getting a place sectioned off, and they're going to put a wall there to give us a little more privacy. 
Good: Did I mention it's a buffet?  And there are CREPES????

So yeah, um, about $30 a person, but if we went to another place (for example, the regal cinemas rooms were $50, and then continued steeply upward) we'd have to pay a fee to rent it (and food, and a tip), and here is a buffet.  And buffets are AWESOME.  Plus this place is really good, I've eaten there before, and it's fairly close to the hotel.  I've got it reserved for 15 people starting at 7. 

Ummm... If a large majority of you think this is unreasonable, let me know.  ...I have a $10 off coupon for September for orders of $50 or more, but only one a party aahha um.  But.  Yeah.  Let me know what you guys think?
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2009, 09:27:11 pm »
So, Bush Garden was closed, and there were no hours posted, and some sort of...construction-ey bits were laying around so we gave up on that one. 

And from here on, I have good news, bad news, good news, and good news again. 

Good: We reserved a place: Todai, a Japanese restaurant in pioneer place. 
Bad: It's $27.95 a person. 
Good: There's NO ROOM FEE!  We're just getting a place sectioned off, and they're going to put a wall there to give us a little more privacy. 
Good: Did I mention it's a buffet?  And there are CREPES????

So yeah, um, about $30 a person, but if we went to another place (for example, the regal cinemas rooms were $50, and then continued steeply upward) we'd have to pay a fee to rent it (and food, and a tip), and here is a buffet.  And buffets are AWESOME.  Plus this place is really good, I've eaten there before, and it's fairly close to the hotel.  I've got it reserved for 15 people starting at 7. 

Ummm... If a large majority of you think this is unreasonable, let me know.  ...I have a $10 off coupon for September for orders of $50 or more, but only one a party aahha um.  But.  Yeah.  Let me know what you guys think?

Ah >////< yeah they are closed on Sundays.
We can email them like I said~~

I have been the Todai, but I don't have that much money at all I will say (I spent all of it on my hotel room) so I'm sorry
: [[[
I don't think I will be able to join if its at Todai TAT which makes me sad because I really wanted to do it~

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2009, 10:30:21 pm »
I'm on the phone with Serika. She said, "Tell people that I will do what I can to help people pay if necessary."

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2009, 10:38:42 pm »
o_o; She's really all for the round of King's Game, isn't she?

How many people are we expecting, again?

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2009, 10:45:23 pm »

Well, at the moment it would be around like five people. We were planning on finding other people from Persona to come along as well, but I'm not sure if they would want to spend $27.95 at a buffet.

I don't know if I would want to go to Todai, since I personally don't have that much money at the moment. And I would feel bad if we had Serika help everyone pay.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:46:47 pm by YouLikeRice »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2009, 10:50:35 pm »

Well, at the moment it would be around like five people. We were planning on finding other people from Persona to come along as well, but I'm not sure if they would want to spend $27.95 at a buffet.

I don't know if I would want to go to Todai, since I personally don't have that much money at the moment. And I would feel bad if we had Serika help everyone pay.

I would feel terrible if someone I don't really know had to pay for me : [
And I think others would feel the same.
And also, you have to live for two more days~~!! (if you pay for others then how will you survive~!!? T3T)
I am iffy about Todai, and I literally only have a few dollars to my name TAT
But Serika already made reservations TTATT
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:51:21 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2009, 11:35:48 pm »
Okay.  YouLikeRice, I have said NUMEROUS TIMES that it's up to 8 people for sure (or at least, was until Todai became so expensive...), not five.  jdrkfjhdg goddddd. 

Well, I'm actually going to be making money, whereas you guys...aren't.  If you want me to use my table space to help sell something of yours then I can do that... As long as you're not selling, like, anime DVDs or comics or something, and then you won't have to worry about me paying for you... I can maybe sell things like old cosplays you don't want anymore, or something like.  Like a lolita headband, or.  Origami bentos with *cute faces* on them, I can see something cute like that selling fairly quickly.  I also know a friend two years ago went as Anise and held up a sign that said she needed money to regain her family dignity, which actually got her some money, but I'm willing to bet it was a little on the lower scale.  If you can think of something clever to do, there are opportunities to make money at con, even without a booth, and I'm more than happy to use my space to help you guys if it means we can all go together to the King's Game. 

Um, just, yeah, I guess I can try to get downtown again... It's not too difficult to make reservations, but in my trip downtown, there is nowhere good and cheap within walking distance of the hotel, especially if we want our own private area again.  If we want to go somewhere a little cheaper then keep in mind the majority of the price will be in renting the area. 

Anyway, I know for sure I'm going, and Mitsuru's getting like $150 from her rich, doctornurse dad (woah, the similarites are uncanny!).  So I'll be surpised if she doesn't go.  I'll help pay for Ken for sure, and then his friend from Washington going as Fuuka can probably pay for herself, I'll help Kou/Yosuke because we're good friends as it is, and then I can just...figure out what's left.  This way there are no tips and the food is unlimited, but if it's really unreasonable, I'll try to get downtown as soon as I can and find somewhere else.  (Though if someone else can do it, that would be greatly appreciated, because I have cosplays I need to finish still, and getting prints ready)

also @Natalie: but today's a thursday, shouldn't they have been open?  Unless their calendar is off by two days, and if that's the case I'm not sure I want to be eating there.   
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2009, 12:22:50 am »
@Natalie: but today's a thursday, shouldn't they have been open?  Unless their calendar is off by two days, and if that's the case I'm not sure I want to be eating there.   

Ah I'm sorry I'm so sleepy lolol : 3
well it depends on what time you got there~~~
I posted hours a few pages ago (I think two pages maybe one?)

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2009, 12:36:36 am »
@Natalie: but today's a thursday, shouldn't they have been open?  Unless their calendar is off by two days, and if that's the case I'm not sure I want to be eating there.   

Ah I'm sorry I'm so sleepy lolol : 3
well it depends on what time you got there~~~
I posted hours a few pages ago (I think two pages maybe one?)

Eh...about Bush Garden: Well, I was talking with a friend the other day, and she mentioned that the Bush Garden was closed for an indefinite period of time. I figured I'd wait to see what would be discovered by someone visiting the locale on-foot, but then I did a quick search online earlier tonight...

...And someone posted, on one of those online restaurant review websites that the Bush Garden was closed due to business being slow on account of all of the construction work going on nearby. http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/8459649/portland_or/bush_garden.html#profileTab-reviews (The latest review, posted on the 14th of May.) ._.

This concludes my research. >_>;

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2009, 02:01:47 am »
Wow, all those reviews are terrible. 

I...guess it's for the good we didn't choose there, then!  Even if it had been opened. 

Has it really been closed that long?  There were plugs dangling from the floor to the cieling from what we saw, and what looked to be a well-looked after bonsai orange tree, but beyond that, I didn't see many signs of life.  Umm, if we still want Japanese food, I'll look up a few more restaurants tonight... I don't want this to fall apart.  :-\
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2009, 04:32:09 am »
I'm looking at other japanese food restaurants downtown.  If anyone would so kindly volunteer to go down this weekend, let me know how I might thank them... (Unless you all want to eat at Todai, which is quite good I think...) Here's some I've found, within a few blocks of the hotel (have I mentioned I hate walking?).  I'll just say what the price of bentos are, since those are a good dinner type food if you've worked up an appetite from running around con.  Coloring the names I'm personally interested, just so you'll all be biased and think, "Well, the name is a pretty color...")

Koji Osakaya (about 6 blocks north of the hotel): Looks nice, menu's a little even (as in, sushi rolls cost around $4 which is a bit much though they also have a selection of udons and tempuras and such dinner is more expensive).  http://www.koji.com/locations.htm (The one in downtown portland), though the website is unclear whether or not they might have a private area, or could at least section us off like at Todai.  Dinner bentos cost $17.95, which are a little large but probably what I would be ordering.  The website hasn't been updated since at latest December 2007 (it says under jobs, a new store will be opening in Fubonn.. December 2007), so be warned. 

Masu Sushi (6 blocks west, 2 north?): This seems to be more of a bar, but it is open until 12:30 so we could hang out for longer if necessary.  In contrast, Todai is open until 9:30 (sorry, but since that's my base at the moment, it's what I'm going off of...).  It's on the second floor of american apparel, in case anyone wants to go shopping.  There aren't bentos, but dinners are fairly cheap, ranging from 12-24 (not including any rolls you want), however the selection is fairly small for entrees.  Happy hour is until 6pm (and then again from 11pm until closing) so we wouldn't make that one. http://www.masusushi.com/ Warning: the music is annoying.

Hey, intermission, how much will we be bothered if this turns into less of a kings game and more of a "eating and enjoying the other persona cosplayers' presence?"  I'll bold any results that might fit the Kings Game idea better, and italicize restaurants we can just enjoy, perhaps without the luxury of a private room (though to be honest, I don't live downtown, and anyone willing to take up this mission will have to look around a little themselves.  I'm really, really, really sorry I didn't look into this more when I went.  I was just couting on Bush Garden being open, and cheap. :/ If tomorrow I can miraculously finish my Shirley outfit early, I might be able to go on another downtown adventure this weekend.. But it would mean SO, SO MUCH if someone else could please, please do this...)

Banzai Bento (about 8 blocks north): Doesn't have a website, but it looks pretty cheap.  The review I saw said it was $4.25 for a meal and they couldn't finish it.  From the description though, it sounds a little...dingy.  (503) 227-3709
211 SW Sixth Avenue
Portland, OR 97205

Bahama Mama's Bento Grill(3 north, 1 east): All I could find about this is that it's, like, two feet away from Todai and it doesn't have a website or any reviews.  Todai is in pioneer place, this looks like it's either in pioneer place or right next to it.  (503) 721-0171
700 SW Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97204

Ming's Dynasty and Sushi Bar (4 north, 3 east):  Going by the bar name, I'm assuming there are no rooms...again, I didn't see a website.  There was one terrible review for this place, but it was unrealistic (the bill had them paying for ONE DISH they didn't like because the typically chewy meat was...chewy!  Omg, EW!).  It's actually a chinese restaurant, but, you know, sushi.  Very important.  (503) 224-9440
510 SW 3RD Ave
Portland, OR 97204

Dragonfish Asian Cafe (1 north, 1 east): I've eaten here looong ago, but the atmosphere was very Kings Gamey, and unfortunately that's all I remember from this place.  Rolls are the same prices as large dishes ($12-18?) but there are a variety of small foods.  I'm not positive if we could get a private room, because according to the website (http://www.dragonfishcafe.com/pdx/default.html) they offer (under the catering section, I should add) a $600 space for parties of 50 or more.  I'm not positive on the details, but if we could get our own room, I'd be pretty interested in here.  Still, once you factor in a tip and any potential room fees, it's not much more than Todai if that's our main concern. :/ Then again, I'll probably eat like 3x what you guys eat ugh i am such a black hole

Okay, that's all I could find under Asian and Japanese places in downtown portland within 10 blocks.  Now, it's 4:30 AM, I am going to sleep.  PM me if you need my cell phone or something.  Um, yeah, hope this is helpful? 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2009, 09:22:13 am »
WAHHH BUSH GARDENS I HATE YOU.
WHAT STUPID FACES.
I am so sorry Serika~ after all of that : [ they should have posted it on their website.

I have eaten most of these places~ and let me say this :3 I will post to the places that I know of~

(sorry~~!!!!)

Koji Osakaya (about 6 blocks north of the hotel): THIS IS A VERY VERY SMALL PLACE. But we could eat in the back. We could call in advance and tell them we estimate this many people, and they could close it off for us. Usually Koji's is very nice about that sort of thing (I used to go to the one in Gresham all the time) And they are that expensive. (And the food is pretty good here~)

Masu Sushi (6 blocks west, 2 north?): I've never eaten here, but it doesn't sound bad. If the music is annoying we can just be like UGHHHH WHOS TUNES ARE THESEEEE. And luckily for Yosuke, he has headphones.

Dragonfish Asian Cafe (1 north, 1 east): I ate here for my birthday a two years ago, and never will eat there again. TAT for this price I would gladly pay for Todai due to the staff here. I know it's a really REALLY pretty restaurant, and they are very proud of their food (I thought it tasted off) but the staff wasn't nice when I was there (It might have changed!!) But $600 dollars for a room...that is absurd since we only have 8~!!! XD
Or am I reading this wrong?
I wouldn't be against this, if they sectioned a place off for us, and treated us nicely. XDDD

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2009, 02:43:05 pm »
For me, personally, I'd be all for aaaany place that doesn't charge over 10 dollars for a meal, although I've got the money for anything more expensive. Whether the restaurant outing turns out to be ideal for a round of King's Game or just hanging out with the other Persona cosplayers, I think it's fine however it turns out.

Koji's menu looks fairly appealing, especially the noodle portions. :3 'Though, I don't know if that's just because I'm hungry right now.

If it really came down to it, (as a super-lame backup plan?) there's always that food court beneath Pioneer Place. (Is that the right name? We're talking, like, same building Todai is in, just...underground.) Granted, it's nothing special, and there's zero potential for renting a room or clearing a space for our group, but it's a relatively nice space...I mean, it's got a water fountain and Panda Express-level food, if that counts for anything. ._.;

And, uh, say, guys... Where'd everyone else in the thread go? >____>;

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2009, 02:45:49 pm »
Got sidetracked by real life X_X

anyway, Yukari is nearly done.  just need to finish hemming and adding the zipper to the jacket.  mistakes weren't too major though the fit suffers so I may just turn it into the summer uniform =P.  I still need to see how about making the ribbon(any advice on that?) and the choker.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2009, 02:51:24 pm »
I have been the Todai, but I don't have that much money at all I will say (I spent all of it on my hotel room) so I'm sorry
: [[[
I don't think I will be able to join if its at Todai TAT which makes me sad because I really wanted to do it~

Nooo, you have to come! >3< Yukiko will be sad if she has to be drunk on the atmosphere by herself TAT

Like Red Spark said, I'd be really happy if we found a place with food for less than $10, but I still have money even if we go to somewhere more expensive. I hope we can still play the King's Game, but from the looks of it, this will just be a meet and greet dinner with a great bunch of Persona cosplayers, and that's okay too :3

The only restaurant I've been to that's been suggested so far is the downtown Koji, and I can vouch along with Natalie that the place is VERY small. Still, we'd be able to get some tables pushed together in the back, and the food is really good, so I vote for that~ But like I said earlier, I'm okay with anything :D

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2009, 03:07:13 pm »
I agree.  Kings Game is better with both Yukiko and Rise drunk("But its not alcoholic!!!") =P

Any location should work with me.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2009, 05:04:09 am »
My vote (if not Todai, boooo ): ) goes to Masu (and by annoying music, I mean on the website) then, and then after that probably Koji. 

Please, this afternoon, could someone give them a call?  We need to know

(if Masu) - Are minors allowed inside if they don't order alcoholic drinks?
(masu) - are there private parlors for parties of 8 or more?  If so, does it cost anything to reserve this space? 
- If there are no private parlors for rent (or if it sounds a little steep in price) could we reserve maybe a couple tables in the back and push them together? 
-Would we, for whatever reason, not be allowed to record ourselves on video here? 
-What time do you close on Saturday, September 5th?  (just in case it's different from the hours)

We need to do this today if we want to get on the photoshoot thread, which I would like... A lot... If someone can get a reservation elsewhere I will cancel my Todai reservation ( :'( ) this afternoon, but, um, yeah.  That's all I guess.  pleasedothistodaysomeone???
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2009, 03:15:30 pm »
Bumping.  We need to move our meeting spot to the second floor foyer because meeting in the lobby isn't allowed, but the second floor has a nice view while we're waiting.  Anyways, on the photoshoot thread it says we're meeting on the second floor so I guess that's final. 

I STILL NEED A GAS PUMP FUUUUU
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2009, 05:25:07 pm »
I called the Masu restaurant and the guy who picked up my call was really nice. Anyway, I reserved us a lounge room at Masu and the guy said that it could fit up to twenty people and that the cost was free, so that was pretty awesome. Minors are only allowed until 10PM, and I told him to reserve the lounge room from 7PM to 10PM. Is that fine with everyone? Oh, and I put it under my name or Serika's name for reservation. YAY! It seems like we're all set.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:26:36 pm by YouLikeRice »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2009, 05:39:09 pm »
And let it be known that YouLikeRice is my life saver. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2009, 07:06:17 pm »
I called the Masu restaurant and the guy who picked up my call was really nice. Anyway, I reserved us a lounge room at Masu and the guy said that it could fit up to twenty people and that the cost was free, so that was pretty awesome. Minors are only allowed until 10PM, and I told him to reserve the lounge room from 7PM to 10PM. Is that fine with everyone? Oh, and I put it under my name or Serika's name for reservation. YAY! It seems like we're all set.

Good job~~~!!
:3
And this is for SATURDAY NIGHT? correct~~? which is the FIRST night if the convention~ lol I need to get my days right~ (keeps thinking Friday is the first day of the con~)