Author Topic: Harry Potter invasion!  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Harry Potter invasion!
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:49:03 am »
I work in a library and am soon to be swamped by the masses, help me!!!!! Anybody else working for a library or bookstore and are going to be stuck in the swamp of Harry Potter fans? If so what are some of your horror stories from today? Don't work in a library or bookstore, well thats fine to I wanna hear from the other half, the consumer! I am actually having my book delivered to me at work via my family so I too can enjoy the Potter maddness! ;D Happy Potter Day! :P
Secrety secrets!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: Harry Potter invasion!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 03:36:31 pm »
One day every two years you get busy, I bet you lived to tell the tale! At least you weren't swamped for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. That would be truly scary.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:46:37 pm »
I got my book at midnight friday and read it in 2 days!!! I laughed, I cried, it was GLORIOUS!! (boy my eyes hurt)
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:50:03 pm »
I was done reading mine by 6pm Saturday, less than 24 hours. I would have gotten done sooner but I had to go to get some blood taken Saturday morning and the required fasting left me a little tired.

I'm going to go back later and read through it at a slower pace so that I can try and understand the parts I wasn't too clear on by the end.

My question, how the heck are they turning this into a movie?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 01:55:46 pm »
Kill Bill-style?

(This comment is from one who is only informed of the size of the book.)
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 02:23:11 pm »
I was done reading mine by 6pm Saturday, less than 24 hours. I would have gotten done sooner but I had to go to get some blood taken Saturday morning and the required fasting left me a little tired.

I'm going to go back later and read through it at a slower pace so that I can try and understand the parts I wasn't too clear on by the end.

My question, how the heck are they turning this into a movie?

(*sigh* I despise skimming... I read at a normal pace and got everything)

I don't know about the movie but if WB trys to make it "family friendly" or some such crap I'm gonna kill someone
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 08:30:33 pm »
I work at a bookstore and helped on the release night.  I got to use my Tom Riddle costume again.  ^_^
As for horror stories, surprisingly I don't have any.  I decided to volunteer with a station for awhile because I didn't want to be a cashier during that time.  The great thing was our setup had them pay for the book in advance that night, get a ticket, and then they would turn in the ticket later on to pick up the book.  It took us 15 minutes to pass out almost 500 books.
Let's see, horror stories, horror stories... ... wow, seriously, I can't think of anything too bad.

And finished the book in 2 days.

Offline RioArmare

• Oni
    • My dA site
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 01:30:58 pm »
Ahhh... Harry potter... Went to the midnight release of the Fifth movie, got in line at 10am to be first in line to get the best seats~ The theatre guys were really great, they let us come in and use the restroom, and gave us free water cause it was like... 95 degrees outside. >< Horror, but it was worth it. Dang, the movie turned out really well.
Then I went to the midnight book release at one of the BnN book releases, the party was fun, but I dont like paying their prices, so I just waited till the morning and grabbed a copy at Costco, finished it a little over 24 hours later. I was trying to take it slow toooo.... T^T  So now I'm on the Harry high, can't help it really...

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 01:33:16 pm »
I'm surprised no one's posted the puppet pals yet!

Now in 3-D!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 05:21:57 pm »
I got it and read it all on Saturday.   I stayed up waaay to late to do so, though.  My sleep schedule is still messed up. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 06:31:29 pm »

(*sigh* I despise skimming... I read at a normal pace and got everything)

Well la-dee-frickin-da. The only reason I finished so quickly is that I had people waiting for me to start running my Vampire RPG and as it was I was 2 hours late. I still woulda finished within 24 hours but i wouldn't have missed anything.

Skimming. what a dirty word.  >:(
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 02:22:41 am »
*laughs* hawkeye bought her book at 1am on the dot, she was done reading it t 3:30 am on the dot.
:o :o :o :o :o :o
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg