Author Topic: UY, Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Maison and Mermaid! Rumiko Takahashi cosplay 2008!  (Read 19622 times)

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
If you did Isago, you'd have a "Village of the Fighting Fish" Yuta and Rin to pose with. *wiggles eyebrows* She's got very pretty kimono...I'd suggest the purple one from the end of the third episode.

I'd be thrilled to see other Mermaid cosplay, period. I'll probably have to organize an actual group one of these times, with a private photoshoot separate from the con. Go to an empty beach location and take some real photos. Maybe later this fall, or next spring, really plan ahead.

Hey, when would you guys be interested in doing the photoshoot?
(Hope, hope, hope I can make it.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:54:08 pm by Kumi-chan »
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl
Wig fanatic, props junkie, fabric snob, cosplay addict

Smile smile!

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
I'm going as Kagome this year :3
It'll be my first time cosplaying.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
In order to actually help people and not just tell them about a thread...... >_>

Have you guys thought about a photoshoot/gathering at Kumoricon 2008?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Count me in.
I'm going to be cosplaying as female ranma for all three days ^__-

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Oh, and I'm also trying to talk someone into wearing my sisters old P-chan cosplay from Kumoricon 2004. She said she would but she's working on going as someone else, so I got to talk one of my friends into going in it! I think it would be awesome to bring it out of retirement, especially since I'm going as female Ranma. If I can get someone to go as them, I'll drag them along to the shoot.

Heres a pic of the P-Chan cosplay from 2004 Kcon:

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Okay, time to start thinking seriously about when we'd like to do a meetup. What works? I don't have plans at the moment to join any of the other photoshoots going on, but what about you guys?
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Any time of any of the days. am ready for it.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
As long as it doesn't conflict with going to any major events like the AMV contest, Masquerade, or Cosplay Contest then I'm game.

What about some time during the first day?

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
First day sounds good. What time?

Here's the other photoshoots that have definite times for Saturday:
World of Warcraft - 1:00
Kingdom Hearts - 3:00
Trinity Blood - 4:00
Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice - 4:00

Ones without definite times: .hack//SIGN, Gurren Lagann

I think 2:00 would work. Gives people time to have lunch, and it's not conflicting with any of the other shoots thus far. And I don't think it's interfering with any major events. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Also, since I've never been to Kumori Con, I have no idea about what would make a good photoshoot location. Suggestions?
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
Okay! I need some quick help!

I would reallllly love to do a cosplay for this, but then I bleached the crap out of my hair so now I'm blonde and costume choices have severely gone down the toilet! Is there anyone from ANYTHING (I've seen pretty much all of her work) who has long blonde hair??
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
So I suppose dying your hair green is out of the question? Lum is the only character I can think of who doesn't have dark hair, but I'll keep thinking.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Wanna borrow a wig? I've got a lot of choices... ^^

Hmm...Picolet (the French guy from Ranma) is about the only one I can think of off the top of my head who's actually blonde. She generally sticks to Japanese characters, most of whom have their natural coloring, and most of the aliens/demons in her works have unnatural hair colors. Can't think of any who tend towards yellowish though.

I think a couple of the earlier color illustrations of Girl-type Ranma have her with blonde hair. You could always claim it's a manga-only version.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
Kumi-chan, could I really borrow a wig?? Do you happen to have a short Akane wig or a Shampoo wig? I'm thinking about doing one of their outfits from Nihao My Concubine!

I'm pretty fabulous at baking (if I could bribe/thank you)~!
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Well, I might be using my new Akane wig, but you'd be welcome to borrow my Shampoo wig or my older blue Akane wig. And one of the costumes if you liked (and our sizes were somewhat close). I need to sew the buns back into Shampoo; I took them out recently to thoroughly wash the wig. Keep in mind that that one is very heavy--about 15 pounds, due to the volume of extra fiber sewn in--and quite long, therefore literally a pain in the butt (or head) to wear. It's best worn just at photoshoots. Akane's easier, but the dye can sometimes stain the back inside collar of the shirt you wear with it.

Shampoo (amazon/first outfit). Garments are fairly loose, pants have an elastic waist; breastplate was made to suit.
Includes: Top, leggings, sash, brocade slippers (size 8), breastplate, wooden sword.
Shampoo (waitress - bike/delivery box not part of the set, unfortunately). Some alterations taken. Pants are more fitted, top is a little looser on me, especially through waist.
Includes: Top, pants, brocade slippers (size 8), apron, cap, ceramic bowl, chopsticks.
Akane wig (school uniform). Dress is a couple inches larger through the waist than my measurement. I wear a petticoat which pads me out a bit, but this could be discarded if a little extra space is needed.
Includes: Dress, long-sleeved blouse, petticoat-style underskirt, canvas shoes (size 8), P-chan plushie, bucket. Socks needed. Sheer nylons recommended.

Also available:
Blue qi pao, originally used for Girl-type Ranma, but could also be used for Shampoo. This one's very fitted, though. Special alterations made; the waist is really narrow.
Includes: Dress, brocade slippers (size 10). Sheer nylons definitely recommended.
Akane's outfit from "Tendo Family Christmas Scramble" OAV (toddler in photo not mine). It's a little more "size free", especially if you had a similar long-sleeved pink blouse. It's also really comfy because the dress is made out of polarfleece.
Includes: Dress, blouse, shoes (size 8-1/2), knotty scarf. Socks needed.

My sizes: That's a secret~! (Available on request ^_~)
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
Oh my gosh!! You are just too sweet! Unfortunately I'm definitely not near your size ^^;;

I am very very seriously considering doing Akane's dress from Nihao My Concubine, though, so if it's not too much trouble I would love to borrow any short Akane wig you're willing to let me use!

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Yeah, no problem! I'd even sell it to you if you wanted it, since I've got the new one and I can't think of any dark blue haired characters I'd like to do (none with that hairstyle, anyway). PM me if you'd like.

Which dress is that? I haven't watched the movie in ages.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
I've been trying DESPERATELY to find a decent picture online, but I can't! So I just watched it when I got home, but then forgot to take screen caps...

here is the best I've found:

http://www.animextremist.com/series/ranpeli2_archivos/ranpeli25.jpg

http://img.animemanga.de/wallpaper/108001/small/271293.jpg

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Oh, that's really cute! It looks like it'll be pretty easy too...sorta like my Tropical!Ranma, but with a little more actual work involved.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
Only a LITTLE. I'm very happy that it doesn't have a pattern on it! It's so hard finding patterns that look right (or close enough)!

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Yeah, for the tropical "outfit", I had to compromise. Nothing I found had large enough patterns that came in colors I liked, or were accurate for either manga or anime versions. I fudged. Came out pretty cute anyway.

You know, I think I might do Delivery-Girl!Shampoo. Possibly with the bike, depends on if I actually feel up to transporting it. I've only done the outfit once. I have to talk to my Ranma though. He might be for it if I make/buy him a new summer top, since he's a little tired of his red outfit.
Maybe do Mermaid separately from the meetup. We'll see.

Oh, was Saturday good? Any suggestions on location?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:54:56 pm by Kumi-chan »
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
Saturday is good for me! as long as it's not in the evening (have a panel to run)

I'd love to suggest some place, but I've never been tothe Double Tree!

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
I was thinking 2:00, since there's no photoshoot currently scheduled at that time. It seems like the park is where most shoots are taking place, so it's likely that's where we're going to be. Outside's always better. And since my question in the weapons/prop thread was answered: I'll be carrying (or next to someone carrying) a sign earlier in the day on Saturday with the time/location of our shoot. Most likely shaped and decorated like one of Panda!Genma's wooden signs. Something like this:

Rumiko Takahashi gathering and photoshoot!
Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Urusei Yatsura,
Maison Ikkoku, and more!
Saturday at 2:00, in the park

I'm going to put a notice up on the photoshoot thread. And if this time doesn't work for anyone...well, I've got a ton of RT costumes. I'd be up for a second gathering for Sunday or Monday.

Maybe I can make that wooden delivery box like I've been planning. If so, I'll probably put a notice for the shoot on the back of my delivery box as well.
If I do Delivery-Girl!Shampoo, I might see about bringing instant ramen and a thermos of hot water for the group. This could be a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 01:11:45 am by Kumi-chan »
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
Well this weekend was very eventful for me as far as cosplay goes!  Kyoko's finally gotten started, the PIYO PIYO apron is coming along.   ;D  Ordering wig now.

I'm really looking forward to this, and Saturday is definitely good for me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:10:50 am by misamisa »
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
If I end up going to the convention, I plan on cosplaying Ranma (girl type).  Probably sleeveless and with sleeves, depending.

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
I'm rethinking the wooden delivery box. Xerox box covered in silver foamboard would be much cheaper and easier to both make and carry around. Plus I'd feel better about putting the characters for "Nekohanten" on foamboard. Much easier to fix if I make a mistake.

Gah, forgot this costume means I'll need to sew the buns back into my wig. Oh well, that's a few hours work at most.
I think I want to remake my headband, though.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
I'll be showing up if I can fix the wig enough.

My costume is a surprise though.  ;D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
I was thinking 2:00, since there's no photoshoot currently scheduled at that time. It seems like the park is where most shoots are taking place, so it's likely that's where we're going to be. Outside's always better. And since my question in the weapons/prop thread was answered: I'll be carrying (or next to someone carrying) a sign earlier in the day on Saturday with the time/location of our shoot. Most likely shaped and decorated like one of Panda!Genma's wooden signs. Something like this:

Rumiko Takahashi gathering and photoshoot!
Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Urusei Yatsura,
Maison Ikkoku, and more!
Saturday at 2:00, in the park

I'm going to put a notice up on the photoshoot thread. And if this time doesn't work for anyone...well, I've got a ton of RT costumes. I'd be up for a second gathering for Sunday or Monday.

Maybe I can make that wooden delivery box like I've been planning. If so, I'll probably put a notice for the shoot on the back of my delivery box as well.
If I do Delivery-Girl!Shampoo, I might see about bringing instant ramen and a thermos of hot water for the group. This could be a lot of fun.

Awesome, I hope more people will show up for the photoshoot!! Because I really don't see a lot of Ranma 1/2 cosplayers in the conventions that I go to......

Also, where in the park is the photoshoot going to be? Oh yah! Before I forget, if you do cosplay as Shampoo, please bring some ramen and hot water, plz...... :)

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
I've never been to Kumori Con, so I'm not too sure about the layout of the park. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Ramen and hot water ^^;;...umm, I am planning on bringing them, if I can. I don't currently own a large enough thermos to hold the water needed, though. Or any thermos. I think I've got a travel coffee mug.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
I've never been to Kumori Con, so I'm not too sure about the layout of the park. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Ramen and hot water ^^;;...umm, I am planning on bringing them, if I can. I don't currently own a large enough thermos to hold the water needed, though. Or any thermos. I think I've got a travel coffee mug.

Try and bring the hot water in whatever good sized container you may possess, I would probably avoid the mini-geyser fountains that's somewhere in the park for taking pictures, cause there's a good chance of makeup/costume getting wet.......

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
The thing is, I don't currently possess any container that's (a) large enough to hold the water needed for a dozen+ cups of ramen, and (b) can keep said water hot for an hour or so, since I doubt I'll be coming straight from my hotel room to the park. Whatever I use also needs to have a good seal, since I don't like the idea of spilling boiling water on myself on the walk over. Basically, I need a really big thermos. My parents have one but they're not going to let me borrow it for the weekend.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but at this point I'm not sure how likely it is. Generally, for Shampoo, my props consist of a ceramic bowl, a pair of chopsticks, my delivery box, and my bike. The bike may or may not come with us. The box and bowl probably will.

Okay, avoid the fountains (though for all the Ranma cosplayers, I think those will make for fantastic photos). Any suggestions as to where we should meet? Once again, I've never been there. I have no idea what's available.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
my friend was planning on going as ranma(female version) and such. not actually an outfit from the series but it's still pretty cool. :3 I'll tell her about it since she never gets on the forums.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
The thing is, I don't currently possess any container that's (a) large enough to hold the water needed for a dozen+ cups of ramen, and (b) can keep said water hot for an hour or so, since I doubt I'll be coming straight from my hotel room to the park. Whatever I use also needs to have a good seal, since I don't like the idea of spilling boiling water on myself on the walk over. Basically, I need a really big thermos. My parents have one but they're not going to let me borrow it for the weekend.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but at this point I'm not sure how likely it is. Generally, for Shampoo, my props consist of a ceramic bowl, a pair of chopsticks, my delivery box, and my bike. The bike may or may not come with us. The box and bowl probably will.

Okay, avoid the fountains (though for all the Ranma cosplayers, I think those will make for fantastic photos). Any suggestions as to where we should meet? Once again, I've never been there. I have no idea what's available.

Sigh.....I guess the group can just try to cosplay for "authenticity" in the food court. Mainly, cuz there's a dumpling restuarant and a Japanese place in there for lunch(if you're unable to bring the ramen). But of course, for phote taking purposes, the park is still good. (it's the place where you would get off if you were taking the MAX train.)

Offline mike_was_here

• Sailor Scout
ha ha.. that's hella cool to see so many ranma cosplayers.. there were barely any last year. XD my friend is goin as Genma Saotome, so he'll be sure to annoy the hell out of all the Ranmas. :D
Kumo 2017 line-up:

Kakashi - Naruto
Warlock - Destiny
Android 17 - DBZ
Others TBD

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Unfortunetly this female Ranma will not be able to come n e more
She will be waiting in line for the AMV contest
I'm one of those crazy people that waits in line for 2-4 hours for the big events like Cosplay and AMV

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Sigh.....I guess the group can just try to cosplay for "authenticity" in the food court. Mainly, cuz there's a dumpling restuarant and a Japanese place in there for lunch(if you're unable to bring the ramen). But of course, for phote taking purposes, the park is still good. (it's the place where you would get off if you were taking the MAX train.)

Hon, why's it so important that I bring food? It was an idea, one I wouldn't mind trying to pull off if I can, but it's just an idea. And I think most folks would rather have real food than instant ramen for lunch anyway. I only eat that as a snack.

mike_was_here: Always cool to see a Genma! ^^

kimiski: Sorry you can't come anymore. I hope I get to see your costume anyway.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline samalam

• Cabbit
my friend was planning on going as ranma(female version) and such. not actually an outfit from the series but it's still pretty cool. :3 I'll tell her about it since she never gets on the forums.
lies!!! I'm here and yes im doing female ranma I just need pants and cut a wig
please dont throw hot water on me it burns!!! ow...
kumoricon-09
marshmello fuu~

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Okay, last time I change my mind, I swear. :P I don't have the time to fix my Shampoo wig (got a new job last week, and it's killing my cosplay prep time), so I'm coming as Ryoga. Got the summer version done for AE, found I liked it quite a bit, but didn't wear it for too long, so I'll be wearing it most of the day Saturday, including for the shoot.

Honestly, at this point I don't want to bother with several hours of wig styling, or making a delivery box. And I've got other costumes to finish. Ryoga looks pretty good, though I do have to make a headband. Should be simple enough, I've got the scrap fabric and paint.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline sushiglomper

• Cabbit
Oh yeah, on top of the akane, kodachi, and piyo piyo apron in the making...I have a lum costume that I wore in like 2004 around here as well. 

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
aaaa!! Kumi-chan although you were so amazing for offering to let me borrow your wig, I have NO time to finish my Akane cosplay!! (of COURSE my work schedule had to be jam packed the last few weeks before con)

Thank you SO much though and I hope to see your ryoga~!

Offline samalam

• Cabbit
I'm going as a random ranma. ha ha that sounds weird. random ranma. I'm going to have the hair and then a chinese shirt with pants anbd shoes. the female version btw.
kumoricon-09
marshmello fuu~

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
I love Rumiko Takahashi's work! I will hug all of you! :)
Soul Eater: Soul (90%)
Metal Gear Solid1: Meryl(20%)
Guilty Gear: Sol(30%)
Baccano:Carol(85%)