Author Topic: Final fantasy 2011!  (Read 62192 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Final fantasy 2011!
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2011, 07:53:20 pm »
So the Turk cosplays aren't too uniform and unparticular to you? That was always my problem with Before Crisis Turk cosplays, the fact that most of the Turks don't even have names, and there isn't a whole lot there to distinguish them from anyone else in a suit. Just my two pennies, but I could never be convinced to cosplay a Turk that wasn't known by name and had some sort of personality.

*Okay, I just did some research and it looks like Before Crisis Turks do indeed have backgrounds and stories, so I suppose that's better than I was giving it credit for. I still would never have much fun cosplaying a Turk because of their uniform, indistinct outfits, but I suppose as long as there is at least a personality, they aren't complete genomes (a la FFIX), lol.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:58:43 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2011, 03:14:33 am »
So I'm almost done with my Staff ^_^ I'm happy with how its turning out. Especially since this is my first attempt at making prop weapons. I gave my cuffs an extra coat of sealer and paint and now they look really great ^^ I'm excited to wear my Aerith cosplay at con, I've worked the hardest on it.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2011, 12:56:58 pm »
So I'm almost done with my Staff ^_^ I'm happy with how its turning out. Especially since this is my first attempt at making prop weapons. I gave my cuffs an extra coat of sealer and paint and now they look really great ^^ I'm excited to wear my Aerith cosplay at con, I've worked the hardest on it.

Take pictures of your staff! :DD I wanna see!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2011, 02:46:53 pm »

Take pictures of your staff! :DD I wanna see!

I will. We have to reinforce it with sticks and put the foam over the cardboard and paper mache for a smoiother look and then it will be done =]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2011, 10:19:16 pm »
Barret tattoo is done! Can't take a pic as it's wrapped and bandaged, but I will asap. Take my word for the moment, though....it looks goooooooooood!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:26 pm »
Barret tattoo is done! Can't take a pic as it's wrapped and bandaged, but I will asap. Take my word for the moment, though....it looks goooooooooood!

I can't wait to see it! :DD

I am also painting my Serah boots as well.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2011, 10:35:43 pm »
Gotta get more Gold paint x_x blah ALMOST DONE WITH THAT STAFF!! ><

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2011, 02:14:15 am »
ALMOST DONE WITH MY SERAH'S BOOTS! I just need to apply the finisher and then I am complete! 8DD

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #308 on: July 30, 2011, 03:48:04 am »
I'll be running around one of the days as Stella :)
I haven't figured out which of my 2 blond wigs I'll use for her yet. I have to actually get them on my head first.. lol And I've just been lazy.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #309 on: July 30, 2011, 07:25:40 pm »
My Noctis wig arrived today~! 8D
but the styling is all messed up so I need to style it orz.
cosplay 2011

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2011, 01:45:59 pm »
I got my boots for Rikku today :3 I LOVE them. I just need to add the feather on the sides and then Rikku is 100% :D

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:56 am »
I have to ask, what time is the Photoshoot on day one?
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2011, 07:34:48 am »
heres a picture of Black~Roses staff for you guys :3 I got it when she finished it.
Sorry for the hugeness

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2011, 08:15:23 am »
:O it looks so good~

I'll go get pictures of my sword, if I'm not too lazy =u=~
cosplay 2011

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2011, 09:26:16 am »

Day 1 (Saturday) @ 3:00pm, Day 2 (Sunday) @ Noon. Sounds good to me. If there are any objections or suggestions, keep them coming.

I believe that was the last agreed-upon status of the shoots.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2011, 11:40:15 am »
For the staff if I could make a suggestion. If you use painters tape on the edges to tape the two sides together then use glue over that it will smooth them out and not make it look like two pieces of craft foam.

If you don't use glue and just paint over the tape it will look something like this where you can see the raised edges of the tape but a few leayers of glue over it will smooth it out to look like this I have just used plain elmers glue with no water added to it and it works just fine. Speaking of which I need to fix up the weapon a little since the varnish I put on made the paint crack =/

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2011, 01:23:39 pm »
Awesome advice =D I think I'll try that =D

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2011, 07:49:45 pm »

Day 1 (Saturday) @ 3:00pm, Day 2 (Sunday) @ Noon. Sounds good to me. If there are any objections or suggestions, keep them coming.

I believe that was the last agreed-upon status of the shoots.

Okay, I may be a bit late
Thanks

also the staff looks really cool
and I love that Chocobo bumper sticker
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #318 on: August 05, 2011, 03:34:09 pm »
I will Be SeeD Squall again and possibly an original Scottish SeeD merc with kilt and claymore.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #319 on: August 05, 2011, 03:58:28 pm »
My Serah boots are done and complete! They look so epic! :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #320 on: August 07, 2011, 07:11:48 pm »
So something came up (more of I just thought of this last night) and there is a good possibility that I may borrow a costume from a friend and cosplay another FF character :D I really hope it does come through since I would have a friend cosplaying with me and I have wanted to do this costume for a little while now. I would just need to finish up the wig (which isn't much to do, I just need some extensions to add to a wig I already have), and sew one little thing. I hope the shoes she has will fit me.....OH and I need to find some bottoms that will work since she doesn't have them anymore and even if she did they wouldn't fit me (but now is the perfect time to look for them since things like that are on clearance right now, though Kmart doesn't have it, I've checked already :P )

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2011, 09:21:17 pm »
So I'm dropping Vanille, what time I had to make the costume is now being taken up by helping our Yuj with hers/
But I'm stilling coming to the shoot as Black Mage from the original final fantasy/8-bit theater chaos.

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #322 on: August 09, 2011, 09:38:08 pm »
o3o; I redid my sword <again> and now I need to paint it. It's all wooden and awesome >S
cosplay 2011

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #323 on: August 10, 2011, 08:04:10 pm »
So I mentioned that I would be doing a Scottish version of a SeeD merc and I've been working on a design for a sword and wondered what people thought. This is what I've got so far.

The design is based on a classic Scottish claymore with some extra flair to make it more final fantasy-y. This is certainly not the final version just was wondering what people thought.

Not sure just how much of the garden symbol will stay, I'm thinking just the main symbol and maybe the cross.

Offline NekoAkiko

• Sailor Scout
    • Faded Reality
« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2011, 10:42:33 pm »
Looks cool Zensuke! :D Cause. You got me out of bed to look at this I'm responding here instead of texting you XP

If it is a matter of not wanting to do the little tiny detail work I can help you with it. BUT! Other than that it looks pretty awesome.
2011:
Larxene 30% (have the wig/makinng knives) CHANCES ARE NOT HAPPENING as coat fell through AGAIN.
Yuri KOF 100% (might bring this back so I have a costume!)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2011, 11:23:55 pm »
So it looks like I will be able to cosplay another FF character. At first it was just hope but it sounds like my friend can find most of the stuff and what she can't find wont be too hard to deal with. I already have what I need for the skit. The wig is almost done minus a few details, I will have to find similar boots and paint them, and possibly fix up the top a little bit more. But I tried on the wig (and those that are friends with my on FB saw a picture) and so far it looks great. I just need to buy some sort of extensions and get a few little detailing things to go IN the wig and its done. :D I am really excited to do this.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2011, 12:24:08 pm »
glad to hear it nikki! ima taken way too many pictures of you.... just fyi....

kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2011, 01:40:16 pm »
Been working on this piece of armor/waist-cincher/thing the past few days:

As an accessory/prop it's looking good, but I know right now I'm going to hate wearing it. It makes no sense anatomically, lol. Or maybe I just am too out of shape to fit into a cylindrical piece of armor, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2011, 04:59:43 pm »
I'm in a bit of trouble with Tifa. I can't seem to get the money for a wig >>

Yuna is taking a ridiculously long time, due to embroidery, so she's been tossed into question. (If I don't do her, I'll probably try entering Garnet into the Cosplay Contest instead, or just back out so I don't have CRAZY Yuna-to-Ciel costume changes over and over Day 2 >>)

Good news though! Celes from FFVI will make an appearance. n.n Sprite version, with some of my own design. I might make a cardboard and paper-mache sword for her, based on Jeanne d'Arc's Fierbois Sword. Meaning she may make an appearance as well. xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2011, 09:43:40 pm »
Ok so I'm just asking for an Opinion. I cut/styled my wig to look more accurately like Elena from FFVII and I think This (How the wig is now)

Looks 10x better than this (How the wig was)

And This is how Elena looks

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:45 pm »
^^^Looks really good! :DD The wig looks just like her!

Oh, sorry for the delay of the photo of Serah's boots I painted. xD;

I got these boots in gray at Wet Seal for $17 and I painted it with Angelus acrylic leather paint. Also, I applied the Angelus finisher to give it a glossy look and to seal in the color. :3

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2011, 09:56:29 pm »
OMG THOSE LOOK EPIC!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2011, 09:59:43 pm »
Great job on those boots! I was always wondering how to go about painting boots, and...there I go. Looks really great.

Also, great work on the wig, Rose. I think it looks way better currently, as well. The only thing I would suggest (and it may not even be possible since I don't know anything about wigs, in which case feel free to ignore this, lol), but I would curl up the left bangs just slightly. That picture makes it look straight, while her bangs are just ever-so-slightly curved inward at the end. I think a roller of some kind may achieve that, but I don't know anything about wigs, so, again...I may be talking out of my butt, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2011, 10:07:26 pm »
Ha ha, thank you Eve and Rose! :D

I can give you some advice on the wig. You can curl it with a straightener, just don't leave it in the iron thingy for too long or else the wig will melt and I mean MELT. Just curl it fast and let it cool down. Then if it's not curled enough, do it again quickly. :3

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2011, 10:18:09 pm »
ORR I can probably put hot water on a cloth, put it on a roller and curl it in slightly and hold it there for a while then let it dry. My iron gets too hot too fast.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2011, 10:18:13 pm »
OokamiYami where did you get the paint? I need to paint some boots as well and I have done it before but leather paint would work better :P

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2011, 10:19:35 pm »
OokamiYami where did you get the paint? I need to paint some boots as well and I have done it before but leather paint would work better :P

I got it on this website. :D

http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/store/angelus_paint.html?gclid=CO-f6eyAyaoCFSY0QgodXGle0Q

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2011, 10:31:09 pm »

I got it on this website. :D

http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/store/angelus_paint.html?gclid=CO-f6eyAyaoCFSY0QgodXGle0Q
Alright. I think I found some stuff at Micheal's that is supposed to work well on leather so I will give that a shot. I just don't think I have enough time to order something online before the con.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »
Try Acrylic paint. My friend used that for her Pokemon trainer boots and it worked.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2011, 10:37:03 pm »
I've done acrylic and it cracks like no other. This one says flat out of the product that it can be used on leather and will stretch and bed and prevent cracking.

Offline General Celes

• Cabbit
« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2011, 12:48:00 am »
I am going as Shiva FFX and my fiance and two friends are going as Kimahri, Yuna, and Auron...it will be epic.
Kumoricon 2011
Shiva - FFX 95%

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #341 on: August 12, 2011, 01:10:46 am »
Can't wait to see all of you. :D I want to get pictures!

Offline General Celes

• Cabbit
« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2011, 01:22:19 am »
I'm in a bit of trouble with Tifa. I can't seem to get the money for a wig >>

Yuna is taking a ridiculously long time, due to embroidery, so she's been tossed into question. (If I don't do her, I'll probably try entering Garnet into the Cosplay Contest instead, or just back out so I don't have CRAZY Yuna-to-Ciel costume changes over and over Day 2 >>)

Good news though! Celes from FFVI will make an appearance. n.n Sprite version, with some of my own design. I might make a cardboard and paper-mache sword for her, based on Jeanne d'Arc's Fierbois Sword. Meaning she may make an appearance as well. xD

you have my sympathies with the embroidery. our yuna also has her obi embroidered and I nearly lost my head many times and literally put blood sweat and tears into that damned thing. (yes it got washed xP) and it still went to Video Games Live only 75% done. but itll be done for Kumoricon!!!!! Good luck with yours, if not for this con I hope you get it done for your next event!
Kumoricon 2011
Shiva - FFX 95%

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #343 on: August 12, 2011, 02:46:56 am »
<snip>

</snip>

I think you did a great job, considering how tough it is to get hair to behave that way. (^_^) Ideally it should be a little closer to your head and/or shorter on the short side, but even as-is it would be a lot better.

One of these days, could I get you to do a commission for me, for Hatori Sohma from Fruits Basket? His hair flips over to one side in much the same way, and you've done much better with a wig than I was able to do with my own hair. (Before I finally cut it a month or two ago, that is.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2011, 06:06:28 am »
I am going as Shiva FFX and my fiance and two friends are going as Kimahri, Yuna, and Auron...it will be epic.

SO EPIC! I hope to cross paths with you. Photos must be taken, haha

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2011, 08:13:57 am »
<snip>

</snip>

I think you did a great job, considering how tough it is to get hair to behave that way. (^_^) Ideally it should be a little closer to your head and/or shorter on the short side, but even as-is it would be a lot better.

One of these days, could I get you to do a commission for me, for Hatori Sohma from Fruits Basket? His hair flips over to one side in much the same way, and you've done much better with a wig than I was able to do with my own hair. (Before I finally cut it a month or two ago, that is.)

I would love to! I like doing hair/ wigs. I did find out that because my wig head is a bit small I cant use it for cutting wigs. I have to put it on someones head lol. I need a new wig head x_x

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2011, 12:24:02 pm »
I hope to get pictures with you guys while I am wearing X Rikku

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2011, 11:37:55 pm »
So I posted in a few places here what my secret cosplay was (I am terrible at keeping them secrets) but I am also going as X-2 Rikku. I got a large portion of it done at this point. All that is left is hemming one sleeve and making the other, fixing a strap on the skirt, adding the yellow string to the back of the boots (I am so happy with the way they look), and smoothing out and adding some more details to the blades and its done. I am also waiting for a pony tail clip to make her hair longer since the base wig wasn't long enough.

But I am really excited for this costume. I love the material I got for the sleeves, they are perfect. And in general the whole costume is very comfortable.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #348 on: August 16, 2011, 02:43:48 am »
So did you make her X-2 weapons also? Gonna be awesome to see, Nichole!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #349 on: August 16, 2011, 02:47:21 am »
Yup I am. Bronte already had them and I am borrowing them for now with the intent to buy them.

I finished up the sleeves just a few minutes ago and I am so happy with the way they look. Now all thats left is to finx one little thing on the skirt (will take seconds, I just don't have the thread with me), strings on the boot, and the last touches on the weapon and I am done : DDDDDDDD