Author Topic: Who I want to cosplay for '09  (Read 23356 times)

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Who I want to cosplay for '09
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:38 am »
Well, basically as it says.
I'm thinking of doing Death the Kid from Soul Eater but it's not set in stone. I think that that's something I want to put together for Sakuracon though. For Mewcon I think I'll make a more accurate Miwako (Parakiss) cosplay. What are you pondering and planning?
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Re: Who I want to cosplay for '09
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:05:53 am »
Im pondering if I'm finnally going to tackle Rosette Christopher from chrono crusade this year..... I'm thinking I will but it will take a lot of work since I want to do her perfectly :3 sadly shes not to well known so I wont get a lot of pictures even if I do it as well as I plan to.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:21 am »
I'm planning to do Sasuke from Ninja Nonsense with Kahlan (who will be a Sasuke as well). We're going to make a little bouncy/plushy Onsokumaru to carry around, heh. We want to aim to do that for MEWcon, and then for next year I am planning to redo Azul from Dirge of Cerberus and also Angeal from Crisis Core.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:12:22 am »
Wow. I'm not really even thinking that far ahead. I've spoken with someone about doing Mikura from Mezzo DSA and her doing the one from Forte but that's all I've really got so far.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:35:15 am »
Wow. I'm not really even thinking that far ahead. I've spoken with someone about doing Mikura from Mezzo DSA and her doing the one from Forte but that's all I've really got so far.
Lol understandable. It is pretty early, after all. This could also be used for Mewcon ideas too, I guess, since it's not too far away.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:52:12 am »
Lol understandable. It is pretty early, after all. This could also be used for Mewcon ideas too, I guess, since it's not too far away.
Isn't Mewcon during New Years? I'm probably not going to go to that since I'll be visiting family in my hometown. But hey, that just gives me all that extra time to think about Kumoricon.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:54:34 am »
Yeah, it is the 31st and the 1st. I just learned The Slants and A-Key Kyo are playing there, so I have to go now, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:59:14 am »
im doing ryuichi in the plastic leather outfit, the ruffled shirt, and a third one i havent figured out yet

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:07:59 pm »
Hopefully I can actually finish my Solid Snake for 09'. Was rather disappointed that I was unable to do so for this con. Oh, and Mori-Sempai from Ouran if I can...shouldn't be too difficult I would venture.
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 12:12:02 pm »
i'm gonna do a protoss dark templar sans weapons, i'll try and build up the costume with different things my goal so far is grab a pair of yoda hands, repaint/style them, make a epoxy mask, for right now it'll be a front only mask. then the big one will be getting some jump stilts, paying for them and making stablizers so i can stand still is going to be the big one right now.... oh yeah and the rest will mostly be dark cloth draped over everywhere =)
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 12:12:49 pm »
Maybe a member from Polysics. Those anonymous black bar glasses are sweet.
Also, hopefully Stella from Interstella 5555 by Kcon 09.
As for Mewcon, I might just be Leeloo again if I can't think of anything else... lately I've been going towards more obscure characters.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 12:18:02 pm »
I'd like to be Juri from Utena.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline LadyYunaBraska

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 12:23:31 pm »
im doing ryuichi in the plastic leather outfit, the ruffled shirt, and a third one i havent figured out yet

Yay for Gravitation! I plan on the red belted outfit Shindou Shuichi wears on the cover of a DVD or an artbook (I can't remember where from), but it looks like I'll be meeting some money problems. Damn wigs and contacts. ^^'''

PSST. Ryu-chan, will you attend the wedding? (See Siggy)
~Kumoricon '10~

Roxas [Organization XIII] -The Kingdom Hearts series -- 5%
 No one would miss me . . .

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 01:46:27 pm »
OMG i'll TOTALLY be there! xD shall i sing a wedding song or something for you?  =D and yea cant wait, gonna try to setup a photoshoot and such for '09 my kumagoro was so popular @@ which gives me plenty of motivation to finish it

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 01:55:24 pm »
I'll probably just recycle costumes from Sakura-Con for Kumori-Con. It's usually what I end up doing. Maybe a new one or something. Depends on how I feel.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 02:15:36 pm »
Izayoi Aki from YuGiOh 5D's.  *pokes icon*

I might have to get a Duel Academia/Academy duel disk, alter the heck out of it, and somehow get my hands on a Black Rose Dragon.
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

oslapedo

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 02:35:49 pm »
I'm planning to do Sasuke from Ninja Nonsense with Kahlan (who will be a Sasuke as well). We're going to make a little bouncy/plushy Onsokumaru to carry around, heh. We want to aim to do that for MEWcon, and then for next year I am planning to redo Azul from Dirge of Cerberus and also Angeal from Crisis Core.

Oh my gosh!!! Eve do it!!! I was totally going to do Shinobu, my little sister is going to do Miyabi, and Natalie might do Kaede! We could use some Sasukes ;D

Offline katayamadono

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 03:17:43 pm »
Yup, just like Boogiepop, I'll prolly be doing Mikura from Mezzo.
I do have quite a few dream cosplays, but I doubt I'll get more then two of them done. Like Klan Klan or Katsushiro might be the ones I'll have.

Offline Mesami

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 07:21:33 pm »
As my siggy states, I'd love to give Witch Hunter Robin a go, along with Alice, maybe Larxane and Malfoy, my sis wants me to try cross playing.
List of next years Possible Cosplays:

Witch Hunter Robin
Alice from Alice in Wonderland
Draco Malfoy
Cardcaptor Sakura

Offline Mystic Maya

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 07:54:35 pm »
IIIII'MMM PLANNING TO GO AAAS.

Tamaki Suoh [Ouran High School Host Club]
(possibly) Winner-kun [Karin (anime)]
and (maybe) The Postman [The Gentleman's Alliance]
For Kumoricon '08 I was:
Ron DeLite
Young!Phoenix Wright
Maya Fey

Possible cosplays '09:
Piplup

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 07:57:23 pm »
I should have my ANBU Kurenai by then ^_^ seeing as I am planning to do Normal kurenai and ANBU for sakuracon...maybe eventually her chuunin version too

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 07:59:08 pm »
So far, the only definite is young Gennai from Digimon season two.  In addition, I might upgrade Sailor Jupiter to her super form, but I'm still debating on that.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 08:34:16 pm »
Talking with a friend and came up with an idea I want to do for Kumoricon '09.

Lavi from Last Exile :D I already would have a wig for it and it wouldn't be that hard. Plus seeing as Last Exile is one of my favorite anime...

But friend said if I do that she might do Dio. I'd have to find myself a Clause though because I don't think my boyfriend would be up for it...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:36:14 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline little_miss_ururu

• Cabbit
    • Akari's Arsenic Pixie Sticks
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:48 am »
one of the days i am going as sumomo and one day as ururu.  the other day i have not figured out yet.  i am thinking maybe serika from toheart

cerridwen

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 01:41:26 am »
I'm not too sure, but I think I'll go as Soul Eater from well Soul Eater XD; I don't think I'll ever cosplay Near again and I'd need to style the wig anyways- so making it for Soul shouldn't be too hard. I have to get a wig head first before I get started. I'm trying to think of planning it for Sakuracon, but I might have it ready as soon as AX09 - if I can go to it.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 09:01:04 am »
IIIII'MMM PLANNING TO GO AAAS.

Tamaki Suoh [Ouran High School Host Club]
(possibly) Winner-kun [Karin (anime)]
and (maybe) The Postman [The Gentleman's Alliance]

OMG SHINSHI DOUMEI CROSS AAAAAAAAAAAA!! I ADORE YOU. I have a Haine cosplay where she's in the pink striped part-time work maid's outfit I wore to sakura con a couple years back. SO CUTE (but insanely obscure)
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Arrow

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 09:35:50 am »
I have so many potential cosplay ideas stored away for my next conventions. ^^;

Let's see...

Tsubaka || .hack//sign (My friend would go as Subaru)
Rio || Spiral
Ryo-ohki || Tenchi Muyo
Gunner Moogle || Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Chrona || Soul Eater
Ampharos || Pokemon

And several others. I'll have fun deciding on one or two. XD
two thousand sixteen plans
??? | 0% | ???

choices are hard

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 09:43:33 am »
My plan is Kazuki from Get Backers ^_^

Offline Tinkeu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 09:48:34 am »

Lavi from Last Exile :D I already would have a wig for it and it wouldn't be that hard. Plus seeing as Last Exile is one of my favorite anime...

I would enjoy seeing that a lot. Last Exile rocks my rocksxD.....

^_^ Hehe, Maki-chan already knows my plans, but I'll write 'em down here too...
I want to finish my Tsukasa (from Juvenile Orion), and get together a Turk Vincent (from FFVII^_^). In both cosplays, I'll have a partner going as Tomonari with Tsukasa, and Doctor Hojo with Vincent.XD
K-con 05-Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
K-con 06-Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII
k-con 07/08-Papparazi!
K-con 09-Tsukasa Amou, Juvenile Orion
             Turk Vincent, Final Fantasy VII
             OroKabuto, Naruto?

Offline UselesswizarD

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 11:12:30 am »
I'm thinking of cosplaying Master Payne from the circus in Girl Genius.  Anyone interested in making a Girl Genius circus troop?

I'm also wanting to cosplay Jäger General Khrizhan because even though the Jäger General's only appear once I love them.  They were drinking tea for crying out loud!  They completely changed my thoughts on the Jägers.

Not sure of what anime I want to cosplay from yet.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 12:26:41 pm »
Alright I got another one to the list....and I'll need to start working on it kinda soon because its a hard costume. I want to go as Reith from Magna Carta Tears of Blood.

Offline Starrykitsune

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:59 pm »
My friends and I want to go as Etna*me*, Flonne, and two prinnies!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 12:53:29 pm »
My friends and I sort of want to go as Flonne and Rozalin, but we can't get our other friend to dress as Etna XDD So we're going to try as a Soul Eater group as *me* Soul Eater, Maka and either Blaire or Death the Kid.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 12:58:55 pm »
I would love to cosplay as Renji or Zabuza in 2009, but honestly, due to lack of money and available resources, I'll probably go as Agent 47 again.
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:51 pm »
First of all, I don't know if I'm even going next year. Yes, Kumoricon was a lot of fun, but the trip there and back is such a pain. That said, even if I don't go, the abysmal Amtrak ride to Kumoricon has just given me an idea for a cosplay three times more inappropriate than dieNote Light, and ten times more epic. I speak, of course, of the Rail Tracer from Baccano!

Offline YamiNoKaze

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 02:17:51 pm »
Hmm well for mewcon I was thinking maybe I'd try to do Xellos from Slayers, but I'm not sure I can get everything made in time seeing has my ability to sew and otherwise make costume bases is almost null and I'm don't think I'll be able to find his cloak at like goodwill.  Plus making his staff would be crazy hard.  So I'll maybe I'll just pull my VK costume down again and wear it.  For next K-con I'm still thinking, I hope to find a group to Cosplay with no matter what I pick as it's 100 times funner then alone.

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »
Dokuro chan, Nyu from Elfen Lied, and maybe vocaloid Kaito depending on what we're doing for a skit next year. 

Offline SpeakLikeAChild

• Oni
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 05:18:30 pm »
faye valentine from cowboy bebop and roboaby aeris again...lol :D

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 07:28:15 pm »
This year was my first con, and it was amazing!  However, I found out that the con just isn't fun for me unless I'm cosplaying.  (Ran around for a while out of costume on Saturday night, and was sorely disappointed).  So, I figure I'll cosplay again next year. :D  I've been coming up with ideas, but most of them require my sister or brother to cosplay with me.  Thankfully, I've got my sister hooked. ^_^

Ideas:

My sister as Lord Dio and myself as Lucciola from Last Exile --- They'd be ridiculously hard costumes to do, seeing as we're nubs at sewing, but we have the builds for those characters and our facial structures are pretty close.  If we could get the costumes right, and manage to stay in character the entire time, I think those would be epic costumes. :D  Only problem is, I don't know how many people would recognize us. :/  Anyone have a gauge on how popular LE is?  (I want to be recognizable, because that's one of the things that made being the Sand siblings so much fun).

Black Spy and White Spy from Spy vs. Spy --- These would be a little challenging, but would be really fun to act out.  Not anime, but eh.

A dexless sin and shadow partner from Maple Story --- Really easy costumes, the only hard parts would be the claw and Zakum helm.  I can only imagine running around "KSing" people.

Hmm.... my train of thought derailed.  I'm pretty sure I had some other ideas, I just can't think of them at the moment. :/  Ah well, perhaps I'll remember later.  Any thoughts on my current ideas?
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 07:42:10 pm »

My sister as Lord Dio and myself as Lucciola from Last Exile --- They'd be ridiculously hard costumes to do, seeing as we're nubs at sewing, but we have the builds for those characters and our facial structures are pretty close.  If we could get the costumes right, and manage to stay in character the entire time, I think those would be epic costumes. :D  Only problem is, I don't know how many people would recognize us. :/  Anyone have a gauge on how popular LE is?  (I want to be recognizable, because that's one of the things that made being the Sand siblings so much fun).

HOT PISS! I would recognize you. A couple of people I know as well as myself are trying to do Last Exile as well so I say friggin' go for it.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 08:35:14 pm »
I'm thinkin of...
PaRappa the Rapper in human form
Ulala from space channel 5 (I know her moves!! It would be so fun!!)
Aeon Flux (cartoon version)
maybe I'll bring back Naruko

anyone remember PaRappa?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 09:16:48 pm »
This year was my first con, and it was amazing!  However, I found out that the con just isn't fun for me unless I'm cosplaying.  (Ran around for a while out of costume on Saturday night, and was sorely disappointed).  So, I figure I'll cosplay again next year. :D  I've been coming up with ideas, but most of them require my sister or brother to cosplay with me.  Thankfully, I've got my sister hooked. ^_^

Ideas:

Black Spy and White Spy from Spy vs. Spy --- These would be a little challenging, but would be really fun to act out.  Not anime, but eh.

A dexless sin and shadow partner from Maple Story --- Really easy costumes, the only hard parts would be the claw and Zakum helm.  I can only imagine running around "KSing" people.

Hmm.... my train of thought derailed.  I'm pretty sure I had some other ideas, I just can't think of them at the moment. :/  Ah well, perhaps I'll remember later.  Any thoughts on my current ideas?

is this Sarah or Laruen....by the comment of getting my sister hooked I would say Sarah >_>

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 09:33:35 pm »
Yeah, this is Sarah...  So if we did the Last Exile cosplay Lauren would be Dio and I'd be Lucciola.  I'm pale enough, but she'd have to wear makeup to lighten her face, methinks.  And does anyone know a place that sells super-short wigs? >.<

Edit:  Didn't you come to the Sackett Haunted House last year?  That's what my avatar's from.  (I totally freaked Edgar out when he came through.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:35:21 pm by Toxikon »

Offline Vrav

• Oni
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 11:05:47 pm »
Hii, girls. This is Brandon's friend, with the weird face. I wore his red coat.

Next year I'd like to do something myself, and will be trying to craft the bits and pieces as soon as I can get my hands on some materials... the character I have in mind is somewhat obscure, from the old PSX game Vagrant Story - Hardin, images of him here. It should be fun; I look forward to next con already. Do you have any tips for papier mache? For armour, I'm thinking of using it in conjunction with some form of sculpy + glue for the details and lots of acrylic paint for details. Though, I guess I have all year to figure it out.

If Hardin doesn't work, Rosencrantz, whose pale skintone better matches my own, though the outfit is a bit... risque.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:13:13 pm by Vrav »

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 11:55:47 pm »
Ugh, I've already decided what I'm going to cosplay. XD it's amazing(I have them planned out for the next few years it seems like, actually)

1) Random turk(from one of the games that hasn't been released in America yet. I'm going as the 'knives' turk)
2)Miki from Shugo chara
3)Rhyme(maybe) from The World Ends With You
4) (This is a huge maybe. Depends on if I have the money after my trip to japan and all) Renge from Ouran highschool.
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 12:15:40 am »
I was hoping to either be Vampire Hunter D next year, or Meier Link... something like that oO

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2008, 02:00:50 am »
Im pondering if I'm finnally going to tackle Rosette Christopher from chrono crusade this year..... I'm thinking I will but it will take a lot of work since I want to do her perfectly :3 sadly shes not to well known so I wont get a lot of pictures even if I do it as well as I plan to.

You know that cosplay is on my list too... and then everytime I look at it and think "well maybe..." I come up with some reason to not do it XD. Sakuracon is forever away and I'm already planning! GAH!
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2008, 07:19:06 am »
Edit:  Didn't you come to the Sackett Haunted House last year?  That's what my avatar's from.  (I totally freaked Edgar out when he came through.)

No I didn't....but I would want you to freak Edgar out, I bet that was hilarious XD

Offline The Sphinxyness

• Cabbit
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
Not sure what I'll do.. I want to plan early so I'm not rushing to make an outfit at the last minute again.. o.o I'm thinking of being all made-ups or something.. I'm not sure.. xD
Kumori-con '11: If I go, my boyfriend and I will be going as Lucy Heartfilia (me) and Loki (boyfriend) from Fairy Tail

Current Bishounen of the week: My boyfriend <3 lol

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2008, 01:37:07 pm »
Hii, girls. This is Brandon's friend, with the weird face. I wore his red coat.

Next year I'd like to do something myself, and will be trying to craft the bits and pieces as soon as I can get my hands on some materials... the character I have in mind is somewhat obscure, from the old PSX game Vagrant Story - Hardin, images of him here. It should be fun; I look forward to next con already. Do you have any tips for papier mache? For armour, I'm thinking of using it in conjunction with some form of sculpy + glue for the details and lots of acrylic paint for details. Though, I guess I have all year to figure it out.

If Hardin doesn't work, Rosencrantz, whose pale skintone better matches my own, though the outfit is a bit... risque.

Hi!  I think we have a picture of you standing in front of that music stand.  I think Gibbs took it. XD

We papier mache'd both Kankuro's puppets and my gourd, and we usually used about one part water to one part flour.  Make sure you add about a capful of bleach (more or less) to each batch.  That'll keep it from fermenting too fast; it starts stinking up a storm if it ferments.  If you have extra, put some plastic wrap over the bowl, mooshing it down onto the surface of the paste and leaving no spaces between the surface and the bowl; that'll also help keep it from fermenting.  When you shred your newspaper, you'll find that it shreds much, MUCH easier if you go from bottom to top.  We did that to make a TON of 2-inch wide strips, then ripped those in half so they were half a page long.  I'm not sure what you plan to use for the base of the armor, but if it's heavy, you might want to coat it in vaseline so it's easier to remove once the papier mache is done.  We did about five or six layers of papier mache on both the puppets and the gourd, letting each dry overnight before putting on a new layer.  The puppets weighed about 20 pounds together, because they had cardboard supports and paper that we couldn't take out (poor Kankuro >.<), but the gourd only weighed 4 to 6 pounds (it was hollow).  When you apply the papier mache, dip the paper in the paste and then run your fingers down it to get most of the paste off.  If you have too much on there, it'll drip and take longer to dry, and generally make it a pain.  Also, flatten down the strips on the armor as much as possible, then, when you're all done, take a very fine sandpaper and give it a light once-over before you paint it or add details.

That's pretty much all I can think of papier mache-wise.  Sorry if I said stuff you already knew; I wrote this with the assumption you'd never done papier mache before.  Hope that helps!