Author Topic: Who I want to cosplay for '09  (Read 23285 times)

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Who I want to cosplay for '09
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:38 am »
Well, basically as it says.
I'm thinking of doing Death the Kid from Soul Eater but it's not set in stone. I think that that's something I want to put together for Sakuracon though. For Mewcon I think I'll make a more accurate Miwako (Parakiss) cosplay. What are you pondering and planning?
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Re: Who I want to cosplay for '09
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:05:53 am »
Im pondering if I'm finnally going to tackle Rosette Christopher from chrono crusade this year..... I'm thinking I will but it will take a lot of work since I want to do her perfectly :3 sadly shes not to well known so I wont get a lot of pictures even if I do it as well as I plan to.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:21 am »
I'm planning to do Sasuke from Ninja Nonsense with Kahlan (who will be a Sasuke as well). We're going to make a little bouncy/plushy Onsokumaru to carry around, heh. We want to aim to do that for MEWcon, and then for next year I am planning to redo Azul from Dirge of Cerberus and also Angeal from Crisis Core.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:12:22 am »
Wow. I'm not really even thinking that far ahead. I've spoken with someone about doing Mikura from Mezzo DSA and her doing the one from Forte but that's all I've really got so far.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:35:15 am »
Wow. I'm not really even thinking that far ahead. I've spoken with someone about doing Mikura from Mezzo DSA and her doing the one from Forte but that's all I've really got so far.
Lol understandable. It is pretty early, after all. This could also be used for Mewcon ideas too, I guess, since it's not too far away.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:52:12 am »
Lol understandable. It is pretty early, after all. This could also be used for Mewcon ideas too, I guess, since it's not too far away.
Isn't Mewcon during New Years? I'm probably not going to go to that since I'll be visiting family in my hometown. But hey, that just gives me all that extra time to think about Kumoricon.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:54:34 am »
Yeah, it is the 31st and the 1st. I just learned The Slants and A-Key Kyo are playing there, so I have to go now, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:59:14 am »
im doing ryuichi in the plastic leather outfit, the ruffled shirt, and a third one i havent figured out yet

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:07:59 pm »
Hopefully I can actually finish my Solid Snake for 09'. Was rather disappointed that I was unable to do so for this con. Oh, and Mori-Sempai from Ouran if I can...shouldn't be too difficult I would venture.
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 12:12:02 pm »
i'm gonna do a protoss dark templar sans weapons, i'll try and build up the costume with different things my goal so far is grab a pair of yoda hands, repaint/style them, make a epoxy mask, for right now it'll be a front only mask. then the big one will be getting some jump stilts, paying for them and making stablizers so i can stand still is going to be the big one right now.... oh yeah and the rest will mostly be dark cloth draped over everywhere =)
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 12:12:49 pm »
Maybe a member from Polysics. Those anonymous black bar glasses are sweet.
Also, hopefully Stella from Interstella 5555 by Kcon 09.
As for Mewcon, I might just be Leeloo again if I can't think of anything else... lately I've been going towards more obscure characters.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 12:18:02 pm »
I'd like to be Juri from Utena.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline LadyYunaBraska

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 12:23:31 pm »
im doing ryuichi in the plastic leather outfit, the ruffled shirt, and a third one i havent figured out yet

Yay for Gravitation! I plan on the red belted outfit Shindou Shuichi wears on the cover of a DVD or an artbook (I can't remember where from), but it looks like I'll be meeting some money problems. Damn wigs and contacts. ^^'''

PSST. Ryu-chan, will you attend the wedding? (See Siggy)
~Kumoricon '10~

Roxas [Organization XIII] -The Kingdom Hearts series -- 5%
 No one would miss me . . .

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 01:46:27 pm »
OMG i'll TOTALLY be there! xD shall i sing a wedding song or something for you?  =D and yea cant wait, gonna try to setup a photoshoot and such for '09 my kumagoro was so popular @@ which gives me plenty of motivation to finish it

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 01:55:24 pm »
I'll probably just recycle costumes from Sakura-Con for Kumori-Con. It's usually what I end up doing. Maybe a new one or something. Depends on how I feel.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 02:15:36 pm »
Izayoi Aki from YuGiOh 5D's.  *pokes icon*

I might have to get a Duel Academia/Academy duel disk, alter the heck out of it, and somehow get my hands on a Black Rose Dragon.
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

oslapedo

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 02:35:49 pm »
I'm planning to do Sasuke from Ninja Nonsense with Kahlan (who will be a Sasuke as well). We're going to make a little bouncy/plushy Onsokumaru to carry around, heh. We want to aim to do that for MEWcon, and then for next year I am planning to redo Azul from Dirge of Cerberus and also Angeal from Crisis Core.

Oh my gosh!!! Eve do it!!! I was totally going to do Shinobu, my little sister is going to do Miyabi, and Natalie might do Kaede! We could use some Sasukes ;D

Offline katayamadono

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 03:17:43 pm »
Yup, just like Boogiepop, I'll prolly be doing Mikura from Mezzo.
I do have quite a few dream cosplays, but I doubt I'll get more then two of them done. Like Klan Klan or Katsushiro might be the ones I'll have.

Offline Mesami

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 07:21:33 pm »
As my siggy states, I'd love to give Witch Hunter Robin a go, along with Alice, maybe Larxane and Malfoy, my sis wants me to try cross playing.
List of next years Possible Cosplays:

Witch Hunter Robin
Alice from Alice in Wonderland
Draco Malfoy
Cardcaptor Sakura

Offline Mystic Maya

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 07:54:35 pm »
IIIII'MMM PLANNING TO GO AAAS.

Tamaki Suoh [Ouran High School Host Club]
(possibly) Winner-kun [Karin (anime)]
and (maybe) The Postman [The Gentleman's Alliance]
For Kumoricon '08 I was:
Ron DeLite
Young!Phoenix Wright
Maya Fey

Possible cosplays '09:
Piplup

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 07:57:23 pm »
I should have my ANBU Kurenai by then ^_^ seeing as I am planning to do Normal kurenai and ANBU for sakuracon...maybe eventually her chuunin version too

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 07:59:08 pm »
So far, the only definite is young Gennai from Digimon season two.  In addition, I might upgrade Sailor Jupiter to her super form, but I'm still debating on that.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 08:34:16 pm »
Talking with a friend and came up with an idea I want to do for Kumoricon '09.

Lavi from Last Exile :D I already would have a wig for it and it wouldn't be that hard. Plus seeing as Last Exile is one of my favorite anime...

But friend said if I do that she might do Dio. I'd have to find myself a Clause though because I don't think my boyfriend would be up for it...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:36:14 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline little_miss_ururu

• Cabbit
    • Akari's Arsenic Pixie Sticks
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:48 am »
one of the days i am going as sumomo and one day as ururu.  the other day i have not figured out yet.  i am thinking maybe serika from toheart

cerridwen

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 01:41:26 am »
I'm not too sure, but I think I'll go as Soul Eater from well Soul Eater XD; I don't think I'll ever cosplay Near again and I'd need to style the wig anyways- so making it for Soul shouldn't be too hard. I have to get a wig head first before I get started. I'm trying to think of planning it for Sakuracon, but I might have it ready as soon as AX09 - if I can go to it.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 09:01:04 am »
IIIII'MMM PLANNING TO GO AAAS.

Tamaki Suoh [Ouran High School Host Club]
(possibly) Winner-kun [Karin (anime)]
and (maybe) The Postman [The Gentleman's Alliance]

OMG SHINSHI DOUMEI CROSS AAAAAAAAAAAA!! I ADORE YOU. I have a Haine cosplay where she's in the pink striped part-time work maid's outfit I wore to sakura con a couple years back. SO CUTE (but insanely obscure)
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Arrow

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 09:35:50 am »
I have so many potential cosplay ideas stored away for my next conventions. ^^;

Let's see...

Tsubaka || .hack//sign (My friend would go as Subaru)
Rio || Spiral
Ryo-ohki || Tenchi Muyo
Gunner Moogle || Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Chrona || Soul Eater
Ampharos || Pokemon

And several others. I'll have fun deciding on one or two. XD
two thousand sixteen plans
??? | 0% | ???

choices are hard

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 09:43:33 am »
My plan is Kazuki from Get Backers ^_^

Offline Tinkeu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 09:48:34 am »

Lavi from Last Exile :D I already would have a wig for it and it wouldn't be that hard. Plus seeing as Last Exile is one of my favorite anime...

I would enjoy seeing that a lot. Last Exile rocks my rocksxD.....

^_^ Hehe, Maki-chan already knows my plans, but I'll write 'em down here too...
I want to finish my Tsukasa (from Juvenile Orion), and get together a Turk Vincent (from FFVII^_^). In both cosplays, I'll have a partner going as Tomonari with Tsukasa, and Doctor Hojo with Vincent.XD
K-con 05-Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
K-con 06-Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII
k-con 07/08-Papparazi!
K-con 09-Tsukasa Amou, Juvenile Orion
             Turk Vincent, Final Fantasy VII
             OroKabuto, Naruto?

Offline UselesswizarD

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 11:12:30 am »
I'm thinking of cosplaying Master Payne from the circus in Girl Genius.  Anyone interested in making a Girl Genius circus troop?

I'm also wanting to cosplay Jäger General Khrizhan because even though the Jäger General's only appear once I love them.  They were drinking tea for crying out loud!  They completely changed my thoughts on the Jägers.

Not sure of what anime I want to cosplay from yet.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 12:26:41 pm »
Alright I got another one to the list....and I'll need to start working on it kinda soon because its a hard costume. I want to go as Reith from Magna Carta Tears of Blood.

Offline Starrykitsune

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:59 pm »
My friends and I want to go as Etna*me*, Flonne, and two prinnies!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 12:53:29 pm »
My friends and I sort of want to go as Flonne and Rozalin, but we can't get our other friend to dress as Etna XDD So we're going to try as a Soul Eater group as *me* Soul Eater, Maka and either Blaire or Death the Kid.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Agent47

• Chibi
    • MySpace
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 12:58:55 pm »
I would love to cosplay as Renji or Zabuza in 2009, but honestly, due to lack of money and available resources, I'll probably go as Agent 47 again.
Who wants a hug from the Hitman/Generic Turk/Vergil?

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:51 pm »
First of all, I don't know if I'm even going next year. Yes, Kumoricon was a lot of fun, but the trip there and back is such a pain. That said, even if I don't go, the abysmal Amtrak ride to Kumoricon has just given me an idea for a cosplay three times more inappropriate than dieNote Light, and ten times more epic. I speak, of course, of the Rail Tracer from Baccano!

Offline YamiNoKaze

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 02:17:51 pm »
Hmm well for mewcon I was thinking maybe I'd try to do Xellos from Slayers, but I'm not sure I can get everything made in time seeing has my ability to sew and otherwise make costume bases is almost null and I'm don't think I'll be able to find his cloak at like goodwill.  Plus making his staff would be crazy hard.  So I'll maybe I'll just pull my VK costume down again and wear it.  For next K-con I'm still thinking, I hope to find a group to Cosplay with no matter what I pick as it's 100 times funner then alone.

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »
Dokuro chan, Nyu from Elfen Lied, and maybe vocaloid Kaito depending on what we're doing for a skit next year. 

Offline SpeakLikeAChild

• Oni
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 05:18:30 pm »
faye valentine from cowboy bebop and roboaby aeris again...lol :D

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 07:28:15 pm »
This year was my first con, and it was amazing!  However, I found out that the con just isn't fun for me unless I'm cosplaying.  (Ran around for a while out of costume on Saturday night, and was sorely disappointed).  So, I figure I'll cosplay again next year. :D  I've been coming up with ideas, but most of them require my sister or brother to cosplay with me.  Thankfully, I've got my sister hooked. ^_^

Ideas:

My sister as Lord Dio and myself as Lucciola from Last Exile --- They'd be ridiculously hard costumes to do, seeing as we're nubs at sewing, but we have the builds for those characters and our facial structures are pretty close.  If we could get the costumes right, and manage to stay in character the entire time, I think those would be epic costumes. :D  Only problem is, I don't know how many people would recognize us. :/  Anyone have a gauge on how popular LE is?  (I want to be recognizable, because that's one of the things that made being the Sand siblings so much fun).

Black Spy and White Spy from Spy vs. Spy --- These would be a little challenging, but would be really fun to act out.  Not anime, but eh.

A dexless sin and shadow partner from Maple Story --- Really easy costumes, the only hard parts would be the claw and Zakum helm.  I can only imagine running around "KSing" people.

Hmm.... my train of thought derailed.  I'm pretty sure I had some other ideas, I just can't think of them at the moment. :/  Ah well, perhaps I'll remember later.  Any thoughts on my current ideas?
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 07:42:10 pm »

My sister as Lord Dio and myself as Lucciola from Last Exile --- They'd be ridiculously hard costumes to do, seeing as we're nubs at sewing, but we have the builds for those characters and our facial structures are pretty close.  If we could get the costumes right, and manage to stay in character the entire time, I think those would be epic costumes. :D  Only problem is, I don't know how many people would recognize us. :/  Anyone have a gauge on how popular LE is?  (I want to be recognizable, because that's one of the things that made being the Sand siblings so much fun).

HOT PISS! I would recognize you. A couple of people I know as well as myself are trying to do Last Exile as well so I say friggin' go for it.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 08:35:14 pm »
I'm thinkin of...
PaRappa the Rapper in human form
Ulala from space channel 5 (I know her moves!! It would be so fun!!)
Aeon Flux (cartoon version)
maybe I'll bring back Naruko

anyone remember PaRappa?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 09:16:48 pm »
This year was my first con, and it was amazing!  However, I found out that the con just isn't fun for me unless I'm cosplaying.  (Ran around for a while out of costume on Saturday night, and was sorely disappointed).  So, I figure I'll cosplay again next year. :D  I've been coming up with ideas, but most of them require my sister or brother to cosplay with me.  Thankfully, I've got my sister hooked. ^_^

Ideas:

Black Spy and White Spy from Spy vs. Spy --- These would be a little challenging, but would be really fun to act out.  Not anime, but eh.

A dexless sin and shadow partner from Maple Story --- Really easy costumes, the only hard parts would be the claw and Zakum helm.  I can only imagine running around "KSing" people.

Hmm.... my train of thought derailed.  I'm pretty sure I had some other ideas, I just can't think of them at the moment. :/  Ah well, perhaps I'll remember later.  Any thoughts on my current ideas?

is this Sarah or Laruen....by the comment of getting my sister hooked I would say Sarah >_>

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 09:33:35 pm »
Yeah, this is Sarah...  So if we did the Last Exile cosplay Lauren would be Dio and I'd be Lucciola.  I'm pale enough, but she'd have to wear makeup to lighten her face, methinks.  And does anyone know a place that sells super-short wigs? >.<

Edit:  Didn't you come to the Sackett Haunted House last year?  That's what my avatar's from.  (I totally freaked Edgar out when he came through.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:35:21 pm by Toxikon »

Offline Vrav

• Oni
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 11:05:47 pm »
Hii, girls. This is Brandon's friend, with the weird face. I wore his red coat.

Next year I'd like to do something myself, and will be trying to craft the bits and pieces as soon as I can get my hands on some materials... the character I have in mind is somewhat obscure, from the old PSX game Vagrant Story - Hardin, images of him here. It should be fun; I look forward to next con already. Do you have any tips for papier mache? For armour, I'm thinking of using it in conjunction with some form of sculpy + glue for the details and lots of acrylic paint for details. Though, I guess I have all year to figure it out.

If Hardin doesn't work, Rosencrantz, whose pale skintone better matches my own, though the outfit is a bit... risque.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:13:13 pm by Vrav »

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 11:55:47 pm »
Ugh, I've already decided what I'm going to cosplay. XD it's amazing(I have them planned out for the next few years it seems like, actually)

1) Random turk(from one of the games that hasn't been released in America yet. I'm going as the 'knives' turk)
2)Miki from Shugo chara
3)Rhyme(maybe) from The World Ends With You
4) (This is a huge maybe. Depends on if I have the money after my trip to japan and all) Renge from Ouran highschool.
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 12:15:40 am »
I was hoping to either be Vampire Hunter D next year, or Meier Link... something like that oO

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2008, 02:00:50 am »
Im pondering if I'm finnally going to tackle Rosette Christopher from chrono crusade this year..... I'm thinking I will but it will take a lot of work since I want to do her perfectly :3 sadly shes not to well known so I wont get a lot of pictures even if I do it as well as I plan to.

You know that cosplay is on my list too... and then everytime I look at it and think "well maybe..." I come up with some reason to not do it XD. Sakuracon is forever away and I'm already planning! GAH!
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2008, 07:19:06 am »
Edit:  Didn't you come to the Sackett Haunted House last year?  That's what my avatar's from.  (I totally freaked Edgar out when he came through.)

No I didn't....but I would want you to freak Edgar out, I bet that was hilarious XD

Offline The Sphinxyness

• Cabbit
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
Not sure what I'll do.. I want to plan early so I'm not rushing to make an outfit at the last minute again.. o.o I'm thinking of being all made-ups or something.. I'm not sure.. xD
Kumori-con '11: If I go, my boyfriend and I will be going as Lucy Heartfilia (me) and Loki (boyfriend) from Fairy Tail

Current Bishounen of the week: My boyfriend <3 lol

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2008, 01:37:07 pm »
Hii, girls. This is Brandon's friend, with the weird face. I wore his red coat.

Next year I'd like to do something myself, and will be trying to craft the bits and pieces as soon as I can get my hands on some materials... the character I have in mind is somewhat obscure, from the old PSX game Vagrant Story - Hardin, images of him here. It should be fun; I look forward to next con already. Do you have any tips for papier mache? For armour, I'm thinking of using it in conjunction with some form of sculpy + glue for the details and lots of acrylic paint for details. Though, I guess I have all year to figure it out.

If Hardin doesn't work, Rosencrantz, whose pale skintone better matches my own, though the outfit is a bit... risque.

Hi!  I think we have a picture of you standing in front of that music stand.  I think Gibbs took it. XD

We papier mache'd both Kankuro's puppets and my gourd, and we usually used about one part water to one part flour.  Make sure you add about a capful of bleach (more or less) to each batch.  That'll keep it from fermenting too fast; it starts stinking up a storm if it ferments.  If you have extra, put some plastic wrap over the bowl, mooshing it down onto the surface of the paste and leaving no spaces between the surface and the bowl; that'll also help keep it from fermenting.  When you shred your newspaper, you'll find that it shreds much, MUCH easier if you go from bottom to top.  We did that to make a TON of 2-inch wide strips, then ripped those in half so they were half a page long.  I'm not sure what you plan to use for the base of the armor, but if it's heavy, you might want to coat it in vaseline so it's easier to remove once the papier mache is done.  We did about five or six layers of papier mache on both the puppets and the gourd, letting each dry overnight before putting on a new layer.  The puppets weighed about 20 pounds together, because they had cardboard supports and paper that we couldn't take out (poor Kankuro >.<), but the gourd only weighed 4 to 6 pounds (it was hollow).  When you apply the papier mache, dip the paper in the paste and then run your fingers down it to get most of the paste off.  If you have too much on there, it'll drip and take longer to dry, and generally make it a pain.  Also, flatten down the strips on the armor as much as possible, then, when you're all done, take a very fine sandpaper and give it a light once-over before you paint it or add details.

That's pretty much all I can think of papier mache-wise.  Sorry if I said stuff you already knew; I wrote this with the assumption you'd never done papier mache before.  Hope that helps!

Offline Teepet

• Cabbit
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2008, 02:13:28 pm »
I started working on some cosplays last minute this year and didn't finish any of them, I'm working on the hardest one now with my I-miss-kumori-con energy.  I wanna do Shina from Bloody Roar (the denim- outfit from primal fury), Winry from FMA and Mori from Ouran Host Club (then I'd have an excuse to hang out with Hunny-sempai cosplayers *blush*)

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2008, 02:43:12 pm »
I've actually got everything set for next year, I just need to start working on my costumes.
I'm going as Kagamine Rin a Vocaloid, and Quatre Winner from Gundam Wing.
Just cause I'm weird and decided early.
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline GANG//GReeN

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 03:27:01 pm »
Pikachu (since my last minute one in teh cosplay skit was an epic FAIL haha)
Jigglypuff
and the girl from Death Eater whos name i have trouble remembering >.>;;;
Cosplays For '10:
Link : Zelda Ocarina of Time
Namine: Kingdom Hearts 2
Rikku: Final Fantasy
Anemone: Eureka 7
Chachamaru KaraKuri: Negima!
Harley Quinn - Batman
~~MYSTERY COSPLAY!~~

Offline GANG//GReeN

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2008, 03:27:34 pm »
edit* soul eater
Cosplays For '10:
Link : Zelda Ocarina of Time
Namine: Kingdom Hearts 2
Rikku: Final Fantasy
Anemone: Eureka 7
Chachamaru KaraKuri: Negima!
Harley Quinn - Batman
~~MYSTERY COSPLAY!~~

Offline Micardyn

• Cabbit
    • Life [Condensed]
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2008, 04:53:23 pm »
I have three, possibly four, costumes for Kumoricon '09.  One of which I'm making myself.

I plan on going as one of my own characters and packing around a serious bladed staff.  That costume will be the one I make myself.  It consists of a black jacket with a gold inner jacket, jewelry, and hair sticks.  The glaive my friend is making for me.

The last three I'm buying...  either the pieces at goodwill or online. 
 o1.  Rikku (FF X/X-2) - The only reason I don't know is it depends on how 'out-there' I'm feeling.
 o2.  Lightning (FF XIII) -  Yes, Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII.  It'll be sooooo awesome.
 o3.  Asuka (Evangelions) -  I'm going as her in the yellow dress, possibly the body-suit.  I haven't decided yet.  We shall see!

I have red hair and I'm a little curvy.  So it is hard for me to find characters to go as.

Any suggestions?
'Never let fear stop you from doing the little things in life...'

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2008, 05:11:33 pm »
wow you are like my twin....I want to do almost all of those XD....nope all of them

Offline Vrav

• Oni
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2008, 05:22:16 pm »
That's pretty much all I can think of papier mache-wise.  Sorry if I said stuff you already knew; I wrote this with the assumption you'd never done papier mache before.  Hope that helps!

It's true! I've never done it before, at least not since I was a very young thing. So, thanks a lot for the guide. Music stand? I have no idea where that could be, it sounds like he must have been pretty sneaky with the camera. I would have posed.

I guess we shouldn't be getting too off-topic in the thread but, I was planning out the costume bits last night and reading about armor-making online; there's some sort of... formable craft foam or plastic sheeting or something, which I could layer and then detail/paint. It would be lightweight. I'm not really sure though. Papier mache sounds both cheaper and sturdier, but I guess we'll see.

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2008, 05:39:49 pm »
I'm thinking....Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama? Geez, if I could pull that off I'd be the happiest cosplayer ever. Or Hammer Space!  Basically I'd just have a hammer. GAH I DUNNO. *starts pulling out hair*

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2008, 05:52:10 pm »
I'll probably work on my Chi cosplay, add some extra frills, etc; maybe get another dress or somethin' fancy.  Also, I am actually interested in cosplaying Scar from Full Metal Alchemist.  I feel like I'd need to put a little more muscles on my biceps (hard to do -- I can't ever seem to eat enough good foods to add muscle) before I could do the part justice, though. ^_^;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2008, 06:18:35 pm »
I'm thinking....Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama? Geez, if I could pull that off I'd be the happiest cosplayer ever. Or Hammer Space!  Basically I'd just have a hammer. GAH I DUNNO. *starts pulling out hair*
OMFG ZOIDBERG. THAT WOULD BE EPIC. =D
and actually, since im just posting on this Thread for the first time.
If i loose a little bit of weight, i might be able to pull off Simon! From Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann! x3
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Kurosaki.Isshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 06:38:39 pm »
Lets See I am Going to do Stein again, and I might pull off Dr. Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb, depends on my mood
Cosplays for K-con

Saturday - Kurosaki Isshin - Bleach
Sunday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater
Monday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater *Knight in Team Red*

Offline Dark.Alcyone

• Cabbit
    • Moochobo Productions
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 06:59:05 pm »
I'm mainly focusing on Zell Dincht from Final Fantasy VIII.  I'm not sure if I'll do anything else for this next year.  Boo on homework and school.  xD
Descartes laughs whenever he hears Bush speak.  He likes it when the world hands him contradictions.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 07:00:59 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to all those that have to go to school *first day of class is the 29th*
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:01:07 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 07:42:48 pm »

OHMYGODDR.ZOIDBERGI'DLOVEYOUFOREVER.  You could cut a pingpong ball in half for the eyes.  Not sure how you'd see though.  And maybe a rubber glove for the tentacles?

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 07:47:35 pm »
haha. I picked out my '09 cosplays before kumoricon 08 even started!!!!!
I'm going to be cosplaying:
deidara from Naruto [complete with camera eye and toungue sticking out on hand]
Yuki from Vampire Knight [after she has turned into a vampire.aka night class outfit, long hair, fangs, and artemis]
and of course....DEAD L!!! [which is just regular L with angel wings]

I have to make the wings, teh camera, the tongue, and artemis!

and for all of my cosplays my friend is going to be itachi, human yuki, and misa along with another friend who will be my Light!

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008, 07:52:37 pm »
If i loose a little bit of weight, i might be able to pull off Simon! From Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann! x3

EPIIIIC. *highfive* Also I lurve Simon SO MUCH. Eee! I mean, young Simon. Old Simon had silly star glasses! So siiilllyy.

OHMYGODDR.ZOIDBERGI'DLOVEYOUFOREVER.  You could cut a pingpong ball in half for the eyes.  Not sure how you'd see though.  And maybe a rubber glove for the tentacles?

*highfive again* Oooo, and I could cut holes in the centers that could pass for the pupils. OOOOH, and I'll ask Lychee Twist how she made her Davy Jones claw!  Oh dang this might actually work gaiz. =O

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2008, 07:55:42 pm »
I would love to see a Zoidberg cosplay. Whooopwhoopwhhop!@#

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2008, 09:50:27 pm »
welllllll i've got a few planned...

-shinobu from ninja nonsense (i know eve said i'd be a sasuke, but i think i wanna do shinobu instead)

-rosso the crimson from dirge of cerberus (maybe i can get it finished in time... was gonna do it for '08 but started too late and ran out of time >.<)

-the cunningham muffin lady! dunno how many people have seen that sketch on youtube (by the guy who does kelly etc.) i figure, i'm a baker by profession, i should be the muffin lady and bake all sorts of muffins to carry around. the only thing to decide is whether to do pre- or post blood muffin introduction >.O

i have others i want to do, but i think they'll wait until later cons, i think 3 will be enough... lol

oh, and i'd love to see a zoidberg cosplay, that would be friggin amazing ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2008, 09:53:23 pm »
I really want to see your Rosso it was too bad that it wasn't done in time

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2008, 10:26:44 pm »
I really want to see your Rosso it was too bad that it wasn't done in time

yeah... i'll have better time management this year and make sure it gets done. and since i'm planning out stuff earlier, maybe i can make her weapon too, which would be epic... lol

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2008, 10:53:33 pm »
It would be....I will track you down and put you up against a Cloud XD

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2008, 10:56:28 pm »
-the cunningham muffin lady! dunno how many people have seen that sketch on youtube (by the guy who does kelly etc.) i figure, i'm a baker by profession, i should be the muffin lady and bake all sorts of muffins to carry around. the only thing to decide is whether to do pre- or post blood muffin introduction >.O

That would be AWESOME!  FIRE MUFFIN!

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2008, 11:28:29 pm »
Next year cosplay, where to start... Im going as Sol Badguy from guilty Gear, Ladd from Baccano, and maybe Rima Touya from Vampire Knight again. I want to do one more cosplay, maybe excalibur from soul eater or dark star, and I also want to do mononokes demon side. Knowing me I will only have one done XD. Im going to mewcon and Sakuracon so I can do diffrent ones for each. Then I will be nice and poor... well you never really know till k-con comes back around ne? =3
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:29:58 pm by Hisuji_Bash »
Soul Eater: Soul (90%)
Metal Gear Solid1: Meryl(20%)
Guilty Gear: Sol(30%)
Baccano:Carol(85%)

Offline CaptainKrystal

• Oni
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2008, 01:03:03 am »
Ulala from space channel 5 (I know her moves!! It would be so fun!!)

Oh you should do it! She's always been on my list of people to cosplay but never have.

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2008, 01:56:09 am »
OMG I didn't expect to find so much to spaz about in this thread!!
My plan is Kazuki from Get Backers ^_^

Frikkin' YES.  Getbackers cosplay FTW.  I would looove to see a  Kazuki.  You'll have to get a Juubei!  (OTP, yo!) 
Makes me want to consider doing a Getbackers character, it's one of my favorite series only EVAR.

I'm thinking....Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama?
I WOULD DIE.  XD  That is a good thing.  ^^;

and (maybe) The Postman [The Gentleman's Alliance][/size]

That'd be super-rad.
I'm going to agree with Megchan that Shinshi Doumei Cross is the shiz!!   ;D

Personally, I'm not thinking too hard right now about who I'll be for K-con '09 (not 100% positive I'll be here for it ;_;)
But right now I'm thinking really hard about Sakuracon '09 options, and I'm currently considering these:

- Maguri Tsujimiya from Shinshi Doumei Cross/The Gentlemen's Alliance
- A character from the manga Doubt (by Tonogai Yoshiki, not the shojo one!) with rabbit mask
- Possibly Bill S. Preston Esquire or Ted "Theodore" Logan if I can convince someone to do the other one, from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bogus Journey  :X
- Mukuro or Karasu from Yu Yu Hakusho
- Kuroro Lucifer from Hunter x Hunter
- Karin or Suigetsu from Naruto, since I still haven't seen Karin done quite right...
- any character that may cause fangirls to flock to me...mwahaha...(my inner Hideaki Asaba is showing...)

As for K-con '09, if I'm here, I might work really hard to do the Szayel Aporro Grantz second form costume from Bleach that I would LOVE to see done.

*edit*
I forgot, I am also considering doing Akesato from Peacemaker Kurogane (ninja outfit.)  She's so badass. XD
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:40:41 pm by misamisa »
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2008, 02:08:29 am »
So.... my friend is a natural red head, and we were sitting around and she was like "there's no good redheads to cosplay as =["

So I took it upon myself to introduce her to the wonderful world of Orihime and now she's become like totally committed to doing an Orihime cosplay for Sakura-con. So the day she does that I think I might do Neliel (older version) because I'd like to do a Bleach character with her (I'll do rukia instead if the Nel pattern seems too difficult)

for like the probably 3 other costumes I'm planning on doing though I have NOOOO idea. *sigh* maybe Washu from Tenchi Muyo? That'd be fun... I'll have to look up a pic and see how hard her clothes would be. XD

Offline Barako

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2008, 02:10:23 am »
I've gone through a lot of possible options in my head, but the only one I'm sure I want to do is Noa from the old PS1 game Legend of Legaia. :3

Though I doubt any of you know the game, much less the character, it will still be a lot of fun if someone recognizes me~

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2008, 02:52:32 am »

That would be AWESOME!  FIRE MUFFIN!

agreed. awesomeness would ensue ^.^

"bits of glass muffin" *mocks eating* owwww *awkward smiley thing* lol

Offline Micardyn

• Cabbit
    • Life [Condensed]
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2008, 08:05:13 am »
wow you are like my twin....I want to do almost all of those XD....nope all of them

Sweet!  ^ ^  Well then we'll have to take a picture with each costume together if we get them.  ><;  I plan on it and no one can stop me!  Bwahahaha.  -coughs-  Anyways....
'Never let fear stop you from doing the little things in life...'

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2008, 11:16:09 am »

PLZ PLZ PLZ BE ZOIDBERGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

..... *ahem* I don't have a thing for tentacles at all *cough* >_>
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline The Sphinxyness

• Cabbit
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2008, 12:51:13 pm »
Hmmm, maybe I can get some help. I'm tall and skinny and my hair is strawberry blonde and ish short at the moment but will probably grow by next K-con. I also have green eyes as I am not into trying out contacts and hurting myself. And I can wear glasses. xD I have a small darkred rectangle pair.

I was thinking as going as a female Judai and my friend wants me to cosplay as someone from Naruto since I never have and I have a leaf headband in my drawer. My thoughts were Female Judai Yuki, my made-up from Naruto Midori Ryu (though her outfit will be kind of hard to make.. ^^; ), and another made-up or something.. I'm trying to stay away from wigs which is why I chose Judai though I'll need a long purple haired wig for Midori. ^^

Pictures of my cosplay ideas:

Midori Ryu (my Naruto made-up) : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/Sphinx_Goddess/Character%20pictures/RealMidoriRyu.jpg

Can't find the female Judai at the moment.. ^^;
Kumori-con '11: If I go, my boyfriend and I will be going as Lucy Heartfilia (me) and Loki (boyfriend) from Fairy Tail

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2008, 02:52:57 pm »

EPIIIIC. *highfive* Also I lurve Simon SO MUCH. Eee! I mean, young Simon. Old Simon had silly star glasses! So siiilllyy.
Iknorite?! Hes so adorable! :3 Im gonna be with a Timeskip Rossiu. Remember, when you go up to him, you have to call him a pedo. XDD!!! Oh man, its gonna be EPIC. =D I hope they'll be a Nia, or a Pre-Timeskip Rossiu. then i can yell him saying; "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT ANIKI IS DEAD!!! D8<" XD
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2008, 06:01:12 pm »
I am working on my Konan cosplay atm and if I have time I might add in ANBU Anko and I am going to go as Kurenai again ^_^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2008, 08:40:07 pm »
I think I am going to try to go as Kimikaro for Sakuracon....maybe Kumoricon as well.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2008, 09:29:26 pm »
So.... my friend is a natural red head, and we were sitting around and she was like "there's no good redheads to cosplay as =["

So I took it upon myself to introduce her to the wonderful world of Orihime and now she's become like totally committed to doing an Orihime cosplay for Sakura-con. So the day she does that I think I might do Neliel (older version) because I'd like to do a Bleach character with her (I'll do rukia instead if the Nel pattern seems too difficult)

for like the probably 3 other costumes I'm planning on doing though I have NOOOO idea. *sigh* maybe Washu from Tenchi Muyo? That'd be fun... I'll have to look up a pic and see how hard her clothes would be. XD

Holy crap.
I love you for knowing Tenchi Muyo : _ : that's my childhood.
If you do cosplay as Little Washu, could I take photos with you? please? Since I can never pull off a Sasami : [[[[ or anyone of that matter. I bite at cosplaying.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2008, 10:55:33 pm »

Holy crap.
If you do cosplay as Little Washu, could I take photos with you? please? Since I can never pull off a Sasami : [[[[ or anyone of that matter. I bite at cosplaying.

Ughhh.. you have NO idea how great that made me feel. My big fear is that no one is going to know who I am and then I'm going to feel akward. Tenchi Muyo was like the first anime I ever watched and Washu was my fave, so I've always wanted to cosplay as her. So yeah, if I see you around while I do her we will most definently take lotsa pictures =] (upside to the costume is also the fact that she has so many different outfits that as long as I have a pink wig I can kinda do whatever I want!!)

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2008, 11:00:48 pm »

Holy crap.

Ughhh.. you have NO idea how great that made me feel. My big fear is that no one is going to know who I am and then I'm going to feel akward. Tenchi Muyo was like the first anime I ever watched and Washu was my fave, so I've always wanted to cosplay as her. So yeah, if I see you around while I do her we will most definently take lotsa pictures =] (upside to the costume is also the fact that she has so many different outfits that as long as I have a pink wig I can kinda do whatever I want!!)

ME TOO! OH MY GOD!! LETS BE FRIENDS? X3 Because I loveee Tenchi. It was my favorite X333 because of the plot and everything (sigh) Ryoko was my favoriteee. I always wanted Tenchi to get with her X3
I've always wanted to cosplay as Sakuya from Tenchi in Tokyo (Though I didn't like her as a child) but now I loveee her. X3
I always cry when she...ya know.

When I was a kid, I called her crab little washu X3 I loved her.

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2008, 11:29:50 pm »
I've decided that I'm definitely gonna cosplay Ulala from Space Channel 5 for '09! Who wants to be in my dancing entourage? 8D

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2008, 11:32:08 pm »
Haha, I'm back with Jenova next year, except I'm dealing with that whole..."is a torso" thing by sticking tentacles on the costume, ala her alternate, irritating boss forms. Yay tentacle arms and skirt! Yay inevitable hallucinations and overheating!

Also, next year's kumoricon mascot seems comfortable when I don't feel like wandering around like a tentacle monster. NO SCHOOLGIRL WILL BE SAFE!

Okay, that was a horrible, dumb joke. I'm sorry. XD

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2008, 11:35:43 pm »
I've decided that I'm definitely gonna cosplay Ulala from Space Channel 5 for '09! Who wants to be in my dancing entourage? 8D

Michael Jackson does XD

That'd be really awesome, there was a great Ulala at my first K-con.

I am unsure of who I'm cosplaying.  If I go I might just wear the Juri cosplay I'm making for Sakuracon and the Otacon crossplay I'm also going to be doing.
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2008, 11:49:06 pm »
I'm so confused as to what I'll bring for next k-con... I know Angeal will be one, maybe Demyx... At least one version of Lavi will make an appearance, too. That black and white diamond-pattern floor in the hotel that a picture is posted of in the New Hotel thread is just too much of a DGM thing not to pass it up. I dunno, though. Depends on my costuming mood.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2008, 09:12:26 am »
CHELL CHELL CHELL CHELL CHELL CHELL

Maybe I'll consider Franziska again.

Other possibilities...maybe Erza or Lucy or Gray from Fairy Tail. Or Konan from Naruto? Gahhh idk lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2008, 09:59:48 am »
Another idea popped into my head: a student from Battle Royale (the movie). It would be rad to get a group together one day, with random weapons (ie cooking pan, painting easel, dictionary, water gun...)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2008, 10:47:17 am »
YES BATTLE ROYALE! I love that movie. I think you should do Mistuko XD She is all evil and amazing!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2008, 12:50:23 pm »
Battle Royale would be sweet!  I cosplayed a BR student for SakuraCon '08 and saw very few other BR cosplayers.  Soo organizing a group would be Awesome. As of Currently im working on my Chris Redfield Cosplay.
Team Koga

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2008, 01:01:31 pm »
>_> I took a picture of a BR student....let me find the picture

is this you? Sorry for it being so dark

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2008, 01:03:56 pm »

wow..... its me.....
Team Koga

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2008, 01:18:26 pm »
Okay, so it's looking like my 2009 cosplays are going to be....

Young Gennai -Digimon 02
Suigetsu (the "Taka" version with the Akatsuki-ish robe) - Naruto
Balsa - Seirei no Morbito/ Guardian of the Sacred Spirit

I'll probably end up wearing Sailor Jupiter again too at some point.
Sakuracon 2014
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2008, 02:15:06 pm »

wow..... its me.....
lol I think I saw three or so and that was the only one I got a picture of. But that's funny XD

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2008, 03:12:24 pm »
We should to be covered in dirt and blood. hahaha

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2008, 06:25:02 pm »
My 2009 ideas:

Either Lord Dio Ereclea or Cluas Valca from Last Exile
Arpegius (Interstella 5555) - making sure this gets done by Kcon next year
Snowtrooper will be done before the end of this year
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2008, 06:29:38 pm »
I have heard a few people who want to go as Dio.....I think about three so far >_>

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2008, 06:36:50 pm »
My 2009 ideas:

Either Lord Dio Ereclea or Cluas Valca from Last Exile
Arpegius (Interstella 5555) - making sure this gets done by Kcon next year
Snowtrooper will be done before the end of this year

SNOWTROOPER!  You'd better watch out; Snowtroopers are my friend's favorite trooper type.  He's going to stalk you. >.>

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2008, 07:00:26 pm »
Im Going As Clockless Sasori Blade Wings And All >:D

Bwhahahahaha

Evilness >:3 *runs in circles from excitement*
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2008, 07:55:59 pm »
We should to be covered in dirt and blood. hahaha

Yea sorry it looks soo clean, with the exception of the collar i put it all together day before the Con.  Something i hope to NEVER do again. I definatly want to do it again and make it look better and closer to the movie. A group would be AWESOME!! 
Team Koga

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2008, 03:50:12 pm »
I'm mainly focusing on Zell Dincht from Final Fantasy VIII.  I'm not sure if I'll do anything else for this next year.  Boo on homework and school.  xD

Wow! You're gonna be Zell? =D That would be insanely awesome to see!!! I sure hope you go to the Final Fantasy Shoot. I might bring back Irvine, but I'm not sure yet...

Otherwise, for 09 I actually have a pretty solid list. XD;
- Suguru Fujisaki, blue coat artbook version (Gravitation)
- Hal "Otacon" Emmerich (MGS4)
- Kiba (Wolf's Rain)
- Nekoboy (just random and fun)
- maybe Irvine Kinneas, probably just for shoot (FF8)
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2008, 01:24:58 pm »
Sounds like a great list. I would love to see it ^_^

Offline fuuwindgoddess

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/orihimeichigo
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2008, 02:31:29 pm »
I'm most likely going to go as cornet from raspday and a random girl from vampire knight(the girl with the pigs tales and glasses that likes zero) Oh and the girl that is going to go like washu im so getting your pic next year i just love washu hehe
ICHIGO CUP OF COFFEE!!!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2008, 02:40:52 pm »
I'm juggling so many ideas I"m not sure who I want to do for next year.  and then there is some I still need to finish.  so I"ll just list all of the ones that I have a chance of wearing.

High Priestess(Ragnarok Online)  hopefully with improvements
Yukari Takaba(Persona 3)
Homura(Sekirei)
Tsukiumi(Sekirei)
Maria Traydor(Star Ocean 3)
Fatina(Tower of Druaga)
(insert random future inspiration cosplay character)
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline kurakoneko

• Cabbit
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2008, 02:15:26 am »
Hmm...right now I'm considering cosplaying as Count D from Pet Shop of Horrors.

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2008, 08:34:10 am »
I might do steampunk next year :D
depends on if I finish it or not

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2008, 04:19:26 pm »
might do sakura con. it's in a process but I'm not sure. If I go to sakuracon it'll be Lucia(which I need to fix) because there's a bunch of other fire emblem cosplayers there. ku-con costumes are down below. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

oslapedo

« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2008, 06:25:08 pm »
I think I want to cosplay as Momoko from Sumomomomo ;D

Offline Sporky-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2008, 09:47:19 pm »
Shion from Higurashi is my current goal, but someday I'd love to cosplay as Major Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell <3
If only I had the figure ;3;
KumoriCon '10!
Hopefully! Celty-Durarara!!
Shannon-Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rise-Persona 4
TYL!M.M.-Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2008, 11:43:15 am »
Hmm ... plans for next year:

Kaya Syokka/Gypsy Queen from Trinity Blood (hurrah for obscure novel-only characters!) - Fanime
Tasogare no Kishi cover version Risai from Juuni Kokki (hurrah for even more obscure versions of secondary characters from obscure seria!) - Sakuracon
Izumi Curtis from Fullmetal Alchemist (hurrah, normalcy? this one goes with my sister's Ed, if all works out) - Fanime
NEWS - Sayaendo PV (altogether my sister's fault) - Fanime
and a sleepytime version of Unohana from Bleach (silly project blamed on a fellow Cali cosplayer) - Fanime or AX

I think that's all I have planned for next year, and it's all going to be done (or is supposed to be) before Kcon ... so we'll see.  I kind of want to do something in the gaslamp/steampunk genre, but that depends on time -- maybe I'll do that specifically for Kcon if I get everything else finished ...

Offline The Sphinxyness

• Cabbit
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2008, 09:44:50 am »
Hmm.. I'm not sure what I want to do. I want to do a better cosplay then what I did at the con.. I want to try what I call Chesspiece Sakura which appears in the back of a volume of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (I think number 18) and also probably is what her outfit is in volume 18. xD
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 02:03:24 pm by The Sphinxyness »

Offline The Sphinxyness

• Cabbit
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2008, 02:05:20 pm »
Actually, I've just been hit with a really good idea and my mom actually doesn't mind it. I think I will definitely be going as Mia Fey from Phoenix Wright at least and Chess Piece Sakura maybe or the Maya Fey version of Mia along. I'll probably do younger Mia's outfit since I'm not into showing off my chest that much. XD

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2008, 11:20:52 pm »
For Sakuracon I'm going as Near from Death note
and Nana Osaki from NANA
or Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto :}}
[/size]

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2008, 09:29:46 pm »
So Far my for-sure plans are

Fai D. Flourite from Tsubasa Chronicles
Gintoki from Gintama

Though Fai might not be all 3 layers..that seems a bit insane for a summer con like kumoricon XP

For Sakuracon Ill be those two mentioned above and Tak from Invader Zim

Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2008, 10:24:28 pm »
Dib from IZ and Syaoran from TRC need to be done by Sakuracon. I'll maybe do Shinpachi from Gintama.

For Kcon, I'll be doing all those plus an artbook version of Goku from Saiyuki.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline xwhysoseriousx

• Cabbit
    • jokah myspace
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2008, 05:50:24 pm »
i might be someone that i could find with my hairstyle.

i'm not sure. i might be a scene schoolgirl. that'd be fun. or karin-chan from chibi vampire.
(or karin from naruto. that might work too o.o)

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2008, 08:29:05 pm »
I have so many potential cosplay ideas stored away for my next conventions. ^^;

Let's see...

Tsubaka || .hack//sign (My friend would go as Subaru)
Rio || Spiral
Ryo-ohki || Tenchi Muyo
Gunner Moogle || Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Chrona || Soul Eater
Ampharos || Pokemon

And several others. I'll have fun deciding on one or two. XD

YOU MUST COSPLAY CHRONA! JUST BE PREPARED TO BE MOLESTED.

And for me, i KNOW i'm going a Suika from the Touhou Project, but other ideas are Excel from Excel Saga, and Keiichi or Satoko from Higurashi.
Sakuracon~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2008, 08:31:44 pm »
I am going to be Kimimaro and I even found some pajamas for the pj party. I just need to add the peace sign to it ;D

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2009, 01:17:08 pm »
WHOOO Death the Kid :0

Im going to be *pokes siggy*
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)