Author Topic: K-con Countdown! alieviate the anticipation with talk of K-con plans & memories!  (Read 213885 times)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Or himself for that matter.
The death note is spraypainted so It leaves a smell o-o

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
at least you got some recognition, I was bob makihara from tenjho tenge last year and nobody even noticed....nobody even took a picture.

honestly I NEVER do cosplay for the recognition. Most of mine are either from very obscure series/manga or obscure costumes of common characters! I just thought it was really sweet of those girls ^^;;
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
hmmm i dont think most people will reckognize mel, but kairi and namine will be getting some recognition
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
Watching footage of other cons doesn't help ease the anticipation. my best friend is coming with me this year, so I'm super excited!!  Though she's pre-registered already and I haven't.  :-X

Quick question - when is the deadline for pre-registration?

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Found on the main site, the deadline for pre-registration is August 15. It's $35 for the entire weekend.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I will have to tell my friend. She hasn't registered yet.

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
This year will be interesting. I'll be in a hotel room with five other people who are over 21 and most likely be drinking. =_=; and I can't really escape due to the curfew thing.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I'll have a bunch of people in my house and it will be a lot of fun.

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
Yarr, I swear I should just live in Portland. Con-going would be much easier. And driving on I-5 is scary D:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
It's not that bad. You get used to it.....unless you are afraid of the fast reckless drivers. My friends say I am a fast reckless driver.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
sweet I'm almost ready with my outfits its gonna be awesome.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I am too. Just about an hours work that I am putting off. It will be done sometime before the con. :/

Offline Bob

• Chibi
I just need to dye my bob pants and find my pirate pants. how are those shoulders doing for you?
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
well I need to buy a D size bra. cut it up and spray paint it. The attach elastic so it will stay on. Most of it is waiting for the paint to dry.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
that sucks, I had to wait for that my first year since I made my own ninja sandals. then the first day of the con the paint started flaking off 0_0

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
well my ninja sandals are just socks with the toes cut open and pulled over flip flops.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Kumoricon is coming~!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Its like Godzilla.......KUMORICON IS COMING!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
RUN AWAAYYYY~

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
AAAAAA I'M CHANGING MY COSPLAYS YET AGAIN.
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
to what? O.o

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
Rather than doing Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (I want it to be absolutely perfect and I don't have enough time) I think I'm doing Akane (Ranma 1/2), Mitsuki (Full Moon wo Sagashite), and Ranka (Host Club) because those are all much simpler outfits!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
oh like the choices meg xD

and i cant wait, just a few more hours till its 28/29 days till K con, and i get my new twilight book >:3 im not getting any sleep tonight! *prepares perfect reading spot for the awsomness of edward and bella*

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
Thanks! they're all characters I love, so I'm not heartbroken XD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
go Ouran characters!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
thats cool :) its always fun to cossplay charecters you love

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I only cosplay characters I love. sometimes I'll check out an anime if someone says I look like a character but that is very rare.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
i cossplay what i want to cossplay, i dont always love them but a lot of the times i do it to make the fun costume xD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I only want to do my favorite characters from the series. Like Albel and Temari. I also want to do Jakotsu from Inuyasha next year.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
hmm good point...

i mean im doing mel because i love and respect that charecter, and i like kairi, but namine is a quick cossplay so its nice for my last cossplay :)

i am saving one special cossplay though. I'm waiting till im in great shape, and my sewing skills have progressed and ive saved enough money to actualy buy all th things for acesossory's.... so i wont make it for problelly another year. its goin to be a cossplay i use again and again though. only cause im deeply attached to the charecter.

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout

i am saving one special cossplay though. I'm waiting till im in great shape, and my sewing skills have progressed and ive saved enough money to actualy buy all th things for acesossory's.... so i wont make it for problelly another year. its goin to be a cossplay i use again and again though. only cause im deeply attached to the charecter.

That's how I feel about Jeanne! I have all (most?) of the fabric for it, but I just want to make it really special @_@ so I'm waiting!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart

That's how I feel about Jeanne! I have all (most?) of the fabric for it, but I just want to make it really special @_@ so I'm waiting!

yay you know the feeling! i just want it to be spectacular! i want to almost make her proud if you can understand that. but its hard to do since most o the cossplays ive seen of her have been horrible, its cause they dont get her hair right, they just wear a blond wig and dont understand that it actualy requiers some gel to make it look right

im looking forward to do that cossplay in a year <3 im going to put all my heart and ALL year into it.... costume, then shoes (which i have to make myself) then aceossorys, like her guns, and then the stupid habit and then i gotta get the wig... the whole thing will take a long time and a LOT of cash

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
I think I might just bring a pair of black shorts and stay tifa for the ice skateing, that way the cape isnt in any danger and neither am I LoL

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
That would be a good idea. You don't want to rip your cape. Or hurt yourself.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
the pirate still has no pants 0_0

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi

yay you know the feeling! i just want it to be spectacular! i want to almost make her proud if you can understand that. but its hard to do since most o the cossplays ive seen of her have been horrible, its cause they dont get her hair right, they just wear a blond wig and dont understand that it actualy requiers some gel to make it look right

im looking forward to do that cossplay in a year <3 im going to put all my heart and ALL year into it.... costume, then shoes (which i have to make myself) then aceossorys, like her guns, and then the stupid habit and then i gotta get the wig... the whole thing will take a long time and a LOT of cash

same with me an ryuichi T_T although his outfit is like...overly easy and i've mainly been cosplaying him for years lol but this year..i'm going to do something i've never done before and thats dye my hair ^^  i'm soo gonna be a total clone of ryuichi this con~

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
I think I might just bring a pair of black shorts and stay tifa for the ice skateing, that way the cape isnt in any danger and neither am I LoL
It'll be a bit cold don't you think still?
I mean I'm wearing black short shorts under my dress but it has boot covers like up to the knee so I think my legs will be fine but..I donno o-o

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
It'll be a bit cold don't you think still?
I mean I'm wearing black short shorts under my dress but it has boot covers like up to the knee so I think my legs will be fine but..I donno o-o

ice skating rinks are cold, BUT it's not really the same kind of cold as like...winter cold. I know that doesn't really make sense! But, because it's not a windchill kind of cold, I find the "cold" that I get from ice rinks to be one of the most refreshing atmospheres ^^;;

(but I'm a big weirdo)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
x.x i would post the days left and dance and sing but my brains shot after finishing the new twilight book after it came out last night x.x only so much you can take in, in a tweleve hour sitting

Offline Bob

• Chibi
28 days until con! whoo! I still can't find my pants though.......

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
its 29 days isnt it?

lol I'll be fine Ice skateing warms you up cuz your moving around

Offline Bob

• Chibi
im getting the the 29th so my days may be off. and I think you'll be fine.

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
I'm actually not really gonna cosplay this time....please no hate....I'm saving up for college so I haven't had a whole lot of time and money to spend on cosplay because finding an apartment to live in when I move to Portland and paying for college are more important than cosplay. I'll be cosplaying Luigi and that's it. Now I just gotta hope I can get the hat somehow.....and the moustache.....any ideas for a fake but not crappy looking moustache?
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
28 days until con! whoo! I still can't find my pants though.......
Itachi stole them....He stole my pants too...That or my closet ate them...

@Kurosakiiichigo666: Sorry to hear that, but school is more important then collage cosplay! I wish you good luck! Ask Tom about mustaches, He got one for his Mario cosplay but it was making him cry?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 10:38:39 pm by Sugarlat »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
.....school is more important that collage? Or is school more important than cosplay?

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Erk...YEah....
[/goes to fix it]
School is more important then cosplay..

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yay for the win. I was like wait a second......but I agree if you need to save money for school then do that. There will be plenty of other times to cosplay.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
OMG, after this post the convention is 28 DAYS LATER!
omgrageinfectedcosplayzombiesthatcanrunfastandeatusall
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Bob

• Chibi
OMG, after this post the convention is 28 DAYS LATER!

you forgot the "onice" part in

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
nice 28 days latter.....I still need to see that movie.