Author Topic: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 324827 times)

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #1200 on: June 01, 2012, 07:03:10 pm »
Did you make that yourself?

Yes and no  i got the design from some one and i had some help sewing it all together and by help i mean guiding hands so i was actually the one sewing just ..... needed some help didnt want to mess it up .....again .... but i did design and sew the banana backpack by my self as well as the LEDs im putting in the sleeves i made them completely from scratch circuit boards resistors and LEDs all done on my own :P and i just now got the EL paneling that im putting in the sleeves as well

TADAHH!!!!!

I think i will just be buying my Akito cosplay though i will be making my Airtreks by my self

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:18:27 pm by Len-chan »
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1201 on: June 01, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »
^ look good!

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1202 on: June 01, 2012, 08:46:08 pm »
Did you make that yourself?

Yes and no  i got the design from some one and i had some help sewing it all together and by help i mean guiding hands so i was actually the one sewing just ..... needed some help didnt want to mess it up .....again .... but i did design and sew the banana backpack by my self as well as the LEDs im putting in the sleeves i made them completely from scratch circuit boards resistors and LEDs all done on my own :P and i just now got the EL paneling that im putting in the sleeves as well

TADAHH!!!!!

I think i will just be buying my Akito cosplay though i will be making my Airtreks by my self

My gawd... That's amazing! I'd never be able to do something like that!
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1203 on: June 01, 2012, 08:46:58 pm »
TY very much im going to be doing some work on an overlay for it on this special seethrough printing paper (see through in the areas i want it to be) cant wait to have it done
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1204 on: June 01, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »
@Len That really looks amazing! I can't wait to see you at the con! (=

Edit: I just started on my magical girl wands. This is my first time making a weapon out of clay and such. I may end up completely changing my method. But, for right now I have the circle and wings for Sakura's Star wand molded and the moon and circle plate for Serenity's Moon wand As well as Serenity's brooch. Images tomorrow after they dry. (=

Anyone have easy and good methods to make magical girl wands? xD
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:53:46 pm by ichigo_m. »
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1205 on: June 02, 2012, 12:31:16 am »
I attached my horns to my with and trimmed and styled it a little. I plan on getting a make-up test tomorrow of my face. I'm happy with the way things are turning out. I also go the knee and wrist armor done.

But here is Darc's wig so far

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1206 on: June 02, 2012, 08:59:04 am »
My Poison Ivy wig!

Very nice! Do you what sort of outfit you'll be wearing with it? How much progress have you made on that?

Thank you! Yes I do. I'm taking an outfit and coating it in ivy leaves, basically. I've almost finished the bottoms but I ran out of fake leaves :) I'm still waiting for the corset and tights to get here. Did you have any suggestions?

Well, I guess the closest thing to a suggestion that I'd have is to have some sort of vine wrapped around your legs, or at least one of them.  Personally, I think it makes a better Poison Ivy to have something on the legs rather than just tights; gives the upper body's connection to "Mother Earth" a little more validity, I guess...  not sure if I like the way that came out, but it's to that effect.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1207 on: June 02, 2012, 09:41:42 am »
My Poison Ivy wig!

Very nice! Do you what sort of outfit you'll be wearing with it? How much progress have you made on that?

Thank you! Yes I do. I'm taking an outfit and coating it in ivy leaves, basically. I've almost finished the bottoms but I ran out of fake leaves :) I'm still waiting for the corset and tights to get here. Did you have any suggestions?

Well, I guess the closest thing to a suggestion that I'd have is to have some sort of vine wrapped around your legs, or at least one of them.  Personally, I think it makes a better Poison Ivy to have something on the legs rather than just tights; gives the upper body's connection to "Mother Earth" a little more validity, I guess...  not sure if I like the way that came out, but it's to that effect.

I reallly like that idea!!! Totally trying that thanks! I do know I'm going to put some in the wig too.l

Offline Rofflz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1208 on: June 02, 2012, 12:13:05 pm »
TT^TT I haven't been able to sew anything... I fractured my shoulder and elbow on monday in a bike accident :c
Once I'm healed up though, I'll be finishing up Yoko and working on a new Stocking outfit, I think I'm going to switch to her angel one instead of her normal dress, but IDK.
I have all the material for Yoko's outfit except the clasp for her belt and the studs and her boots and gun. Hopefully during the summer I can figure that all out though.
I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE CON! I'M MOVING OUT OF STATE! AND IT IS THE SAME WEEKEND AS SABOTEN IN AZ. SORRY EVERYONE~!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1209 on: June 02, 2012, 06:58:44 pm »
I did a make-up test for Darc today. I need to paint the scales the proper color and paint the ears still. I will also use latex to blend all the scales better when I wear the costume. But here are a few shots.

My computer changed the colors in the second one when I cropped it x.x

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1210 on: June 02, 2012, 07:14:20 pm »
My Poison Ivy wig!

I reallly like that idea!!! Totally trying that thanks! I do know I'm going to put some in the wig too.l

You're welcome!  And, awesome!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1211 on: June 03, 2012, 01:35:08 am »
I applied to work for Funimation in order to go to AX, and they saw I cosplayed Stocking and requested I work in their official Panty & Stocking AX event! The only thing is that I need to have her default outfit mostly done by next week ;_;

I bought fabric today and things are going surprisingly well! Right now I have the main pieces of the two sleeves and the bodice, but those three pieces aren't sewn together yet.

Tomorrow my plan is to sew the sleeves onto the bodice and then work on the skirt. I also have the bib from an old lolita blouse that's falling apart that I'm going to sew onto the top of the bodice, so it'll look like I'm wearing a nice blouse under the dress but I don't need to actually make one haha.
Also for the socks I decided to buy a pair of Sock Dreams' Extraordinary Striped Thigh-Highs in blackxwhite and then just dye them with blue dye since they're mostly cotton and I don't feel like making my own pair of socks like I did with Stocking's sailor outfit.

Also I should order my new wig soon...

Sometimes I forget how expensive making a whole costume is. Good thing this is the only thing I need to make for this con!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1212 on: June 03, 2012, 12:18:14 pm »
I applied to work for Funimation in order to go to AX, and they saw I cosplayed Stocking and requested I work in their official Panty & Stocking AX event! The only thing is that I need to have her default outfit mostly done by next week ;_;

Dude!  That's awesome!  Congratulations!

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1213 on: June 03, 2012, 04:52:31 pm »
Here's the start of my magical girl weapons. Only the small moon has been sanded and painted.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/TkkQEU04Rp_S9CbpBR141hVF8ws9tLLi7w85lnRN6sgQGVqLd2NDcygewULS8Q825KYST4qk1X8
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #1214 on: June 03, 2012, 09:43:24 pm »

Progress on my Silver cosplay, still need to do the collar, sew black fabric over it, and sew on the black pocket, but after that I'm pretty much done.
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Barnaby Brooks Jr. [Tiger&Bunny]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #1215 on: June 03, 2012, 11:22:12 pm »

Dude!  That's awesome!  Congratulations!
Thank you! I only applied to do a generic job showing people how to use their mobile app, but then they asked me to be Stocking!

Here's what I've done since yesterday.

Just need to do the sleeve cuffs and the tie and I have the dress done! This costume is going surprisingly well, but my last sewing project was Miku's ballgown from Secret Black Vow so after that this is nothing lol.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:38:20 am by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #1216 on: June 04, 2012, 02:55:28 pm »

pffft. 3 months to go and All I got for my leafeon gijinka is this *head desks* hoping to go out and buy the fabric i need tonight tho.

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1217 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:53 pm »

Poison Ivy progress. These aren’t the real shorts, I used these because the real ones are about half covered in leaves. I’m going to cover the corset in leaves. The leggings are green but my webcam doesn’t show it much. I have green boots but don’t feel like bothering with them right now. That’s about it for now :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1218 on: June 05, 2012, 02:11:57 pm »
^ That looks like a great base, Cyber. You're gonna be amazing!

@fleur - Well, it sounds like they were impressed. Have fun down in LA!

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #1219 on: June 05, 2012, 04:07:03 pm »
Just ordered my cloak for Unohana and my boots for Uranus.  Yay.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1220 on: June 05, 2012, 11:15:54 pm »
Ordered my makeup, wig and teeth for Sollux Captor~!
sweet jesus I was researching makeup for a month.
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1221 on: June 08, 2012, 12:24:39 am »

God Tier Sollux Captor progress! Just finished the sash and basted the bottom of the tunic hood thing so I can properly hem it.
: )
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1222 on: June 08, 2012, 08:23:34 pm »
Lady in Red it looks great!

CyberIncision I am excited to see your ivy!

I got my skirt done for Darc today.

I need to mess with how I put it on to make sure it doesn't droop too much but I am happy with it. :3

blurry side view
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578167_318184014931115_1234027005_n.jpg

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1223 on: June 09, 2012, 12:31:22 am »
So uh, I'm finished with the chest feathers for my Elf costume.

Tyleet sizing next week for my friend, and I'm going to start the arm cuffs tomorrow when I sleep.

Feather mess on my desk again.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1224 on: June 09, 2012, 04:00:33 pm »
Thanks for the kind words on Ivy ^.^ sorry for spamming updates lol but I've been busy :D Here is the ALMOST completed costume. Just need more Ivy for the back of the corset :)

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1225 on: June 10, 2012, 11:20:17 am »
I got fabrics for my Mami costume yesterday. So far I've made the skirt ad most of the shirt (I'm taking a break right now. xP) Both patterns were free handed. (=

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1226 on: June 10, 2012, 11:58:31 am »
Ichigo_m, that looks awesome! Nice work, very clean! : D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1227 on: June 10, 2012, 12:59:22 pm »
Thanks for the kind words on Ivy ^.^ sorry for spamming updates lol but I've been busy :D Here is the ALMOST completed costume. Just need more Ivy for the back of the corset :)

You're welcome!

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1228 on: June 10, 2012, 08:46:16 pm »
Well, I decided to drop Shiro for now because the first wig I ordered isn't long enough for my liking, and the pink fabric I was going to make the bodysuit out of is much brighter than the swatch I was sent, and I don't know if I'll be able to return it. :< However, once this term is done I am going to start hella working on stuff! Planning to do some mock ups tomorrow, and do some stuff on Thursday for my secret cosplay. :)
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1229 on: June 12, 2012, 05:22:04 pm »
Did a lot of work on Mami today. So much that her outfit is complete!! :D

Sorry about my mess room and bad lighting... xD

Obviously I still need to get a wig, finish the Soul Gem, make Kyuubee and find socks. (= I also need to put a zipper in the skirt. The Velcro in it now caused it to tear. )=
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:41:46 pm by ichigo_m. »

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1230 on: June 13, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »
^AMAZING!!

I got my God Tier Rose hood/cape finished! I'll post some pictures later.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1231 on: June 14, 2012, 12:11:36 pm »
Its a quick picture but I got most of Rokuro today so I tried it on to make sure it fits.

I still need to add some things to the jacket and I need to shorten the pants but thats about it. Other than that I just need shoes and my cloth eye patch thing and I am good to go. I will make his blades though.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #1232 on: June 14, 2012, 12:57:57 pm »
Had a harsh reality check yesterday, in realizing that I'm LACKING so much in progress. ;.; A good drive to get started though. XD

Gunna order my wigs in the next couple weeks and force myself to do some damn styling. lol

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1233 on: June 15, 2012, 03:40:58 pm »
all progress when down hill.... I lost to much weight none of my cosplay fit me much anymore even a lolita dress i just got not to long ago .. and i just took my ciel in a few weeks ago ..... so I got to take in everything i own ......

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1234 on: June 17, 2012, 02:23:33 am »
Image heavy post! Sorry!

Got my make up! This shade is too dark, so I mixed in some white for a better color but that's drying out so I can't use it for a while. I still need to make my horns and get plastic to cover the lenses of my glasses, and finish my god tier wigs : )

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #1235 on: June 17, 2012, 03:46:00 pm »

me and my sister made cyberlox over the weekend.  They turned out cool and light weight.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:49:33 pm by Drauska »

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1236 on: June 18, 2012, 11:42:18 pm »
I bought fabric for Serenity today. I've already finished her base dress (pics tomorrow) but I'm not liking the fit of the dress. Mostly because the fabric is shear (note: needs to make slip.) And it makes my tummy look huge! Blerg. Unless I loose weight, find a way to hide my tummy or just suck it up and not care Then I might cross Serenity off my list. ):

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1237 on: June 18, 2012, 11:58:29 pm »
God Tier Rose is FINALLY finished! I'll post pics after the homestuck meet I'm going to tomorrow XD

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1238 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:44 am »
Sakura - Street Fighter is now underway. Post pics sometime next week perhaps :)

Anyone know where to find pvc suits in all colors? Not zentai, but pvc.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1239 on: June 19, 2012, 09:24:21 am »
I bought fabric for Serenity today. I've already finished her base dress (pics tomorrow) but I'm not liking the fit of the dress. Mostly because the fabric is shear (note: needs to make slip.) And it makes my tummy look huge! Blerg. Unless I loose weight, find a way to hide my tummy or just suck it up and not care Then I might cross Serenity off my list. ):
I'd just build a corset into it. Solve the tummy problem AND it'll stay up easier (since it's strapless).
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1240 on: June 19, 2012, 09:41:33 am »
Here's what my dress looks like right now. (=

I have yet to add the trim on the top or to hem the skirt. I'm also thinking of making a slip to go under the dress to make it less sheer (this is where not lining a dress comes and bites me in the butt.) and to add poof to the skirt (with tulle).

@Bunny_Jean: I might do that or i might just wear a corset under the dress. (since the dress isn't lined I don't want the boning to show through or look awkward.)

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1241 on: June 19, 2012, 09:35:16 pm »
Kuranosuke dress mock up is done! :D Secret cosplay mock up is also done, but you guys don't get to see a picture of that. lol. I think I also have all of the materials I'm going to need for both of those costumes, so I'm hoping to get them started soon! It's a little difficult since I'll also be taking summer grad classes. XP But, that's life.

@ichigo_m: I dunno. It could be elegant (like a corseted wedding dress) to build a corset in, but it might be more work since you have it mostly put together by now. I'd wear a corset underneath though. It's looking good! I would put more volume in the bottom of the mermaid skirt though.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1242 on: June 19, 2012, 09:53:46 pm »
Here is a picture of my finished God Tier Rose from the Homestuck meet I went to today

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1243 on: June 19, 2012, 10:19:16 pm »
Tanuki, that's awesome! : D

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1244 on: June 19, 2012, 11:04:38 pm »
Tanuki, that's awesome! : D

Thank you! I had like one week to start and finish the whole thing DX took me foreever but I did it

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #1245 on: June 20, 2012, 10:59:15 am »
I finished Serenity's dress last night.

I solved my sheer/tummy problem with my dance shorts, a nude bra and my tummy tucker from my shows. (=
I still need to find a way to poof out the skirt more and I need to make the wings.

Bunny_Jean & Tanuki: Those both look amazing!!! :D Awesome job to both of you! (=

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1246 on: June 20, 2012, 11:07:24 am »
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/ribbonaquadrops/sernity2.jpg
I solved my sheer/tummy problem with my dance shorts, a nude bra and my tummy tucker from my shows. (=
I still need to find a way to poof out the skirt more and I need to make the wings.

Bunny_Jean & Tanuki: Those both look amazing!!! :D Awesome job to both of you! (=
Thanks! To poof out the skirt more I'd add some triangular gores. This sort of thing: http://medievalweddingdresses.ideasforweddings.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bliaut.gif
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1247 on: June 20, 2012, 11:18:08 am »

I think the bow in the back need to be more up on your bottum

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1248 on: June 20, 2012, 11:20:52 am »
^ I think so, too.  Some of the pics I'm looking at look more like the bow is on the lower back area, just above the bottom.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1249 on: June 20, 2012, 11:26:42 am »
i looked in my managa i have and its more on the lower back and alittle bigger.