Author Topic: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 324846 times)

Offline 7bijou7

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2012 Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #800 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:05 pm »
Waraji and Tabi socks for my Rukia cosplay came in the mail today, along with my Yuki Nagato outfit. Only thing left on Yuki is to style those bangs! Will be premiering Yuki this weekend at ChibiChibicon hopefully. Hoping to take some practice pictures this week with the costume before this weekend. :3 Very Excited~
Planned Cosplays for Kumo 2015:
BB Hood - Darkstalkers
Umi Sonoda (Yume no Tobira ver.) - Love Live!
Bunny Maid TV Head - Original
Princess Bubblegum (Tart Dress) - Adventure Time

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #801 on: February 27, 2012, 06:50:47 pm »
Having a sewing machine, is so helpful. And it only cost $19.97. xD
But thanks to the sewing machine, I've been able to sew the skirt for Sam's Midna and the start of Amber's Postman toga.
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #802 on: February 27, 2012, 09:49:03 pm »
woot chibichibicon makes costume tests perfect XD it's so small! I might wear my Roxas wig to it to make sure all the spikes are cemented in place... Though I might wear Richea instead @.@ Depends on what I feel like doing

Started work on Richea's crown. Drew a paper draft, cut the paper draft, modified it, cut it again and then taped it to a cereal box and cut the heck out of it. Then taped it to a plastic bag over the wig and then applied the 3D paint. It won't be green as the final run- this is just the only color of 3D paint I happen to have.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:53:06 pm by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #803 on: February 27, 2012, 10:28:39 pm »
Put some more applique on the train. :3 Here's pics~ I'm still afraid there's too much applique on it. What do you guys think? >_<
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #804 on: February 27, 2012, 10:40:05 pm »
@bunny-  should the colors be in sections? it looks like all the blue are on the right, all the red are on the left and all the black are on the train o.o You could space it out and make it more even. I like the locations and positions overall :D And will you put one or some small ones under the chains on the front?

I really don't think it's too much. My eye just caught this time around now that there's black on it, that the colors are on certain parts/sections.
Kumori'15

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #805 on: February 27, 2012, 11:00:22 pm »
@bunny-  should the colors be in sections? it looks like all the blue are on the right, all the red are on the left and all the black are on the train o.o You could space it out and make it more even. I like the locations and positions overall :D And will you put one or some small ones under the chains on the front?

I really don't think it's too much. My eye just caught this time around now that there's black on it, that the colors are on certain parts/sections.
I was putting them in sections on purpose, yes. XD In my reference picture where she has the color on her the blue is mostly on that one side, and the red on the other side, but I wanted to make it more cohesive by having the blue and red kind of blend into the black. I wasn't planning on putting any under the beading, just because I thought that would be too much.

But yeah, the black is just on the train. Do you think I should replace the black with more red and blue instead?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:01:34 pm by bunny_jean »
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #806 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:56 pm »
I like it how you have it. Defiantly makes your eye look at everything!

So, I ripped all the hot glued parts that were on my Gaara coat today and started working on getting the glue off. I'm planning on redoing it and actually sewing it this time to make it look better ^^

Also, my Rarity wig came today, yays! I need to make my ears and horn for that.

As well, I need to go to JoAnne's to get more stuff so I can continue working on my Cheshire. Though I did find headphones that are perfect and will replace the ones I attempted (and failed) making.

I sadly wont be able to do much this week with dress rehearsals and opening night...But the weekend and beginning of next week I will accomplish stuffs!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #807 on: February 28, 2012, 06:58:06 am »
I like it how you have it. Defiantly makes your eye look at everything!

Thanks!
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #808 on: February 28, 2012, 01:33:49 pm »
Well i got new stuffing for my furret cosplay and for the furret pokemon i have to go with it and this is what happen after i finished stuffing it it T_T taco took over

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #809 on: February 28, 2012, 02:17:09 pm »
I ordered some socks for the Pinkie Pie cosplay I really wanna do.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #810 on: February 28, 2012, 02:58:41 pm »
awww cute furret XD

I painted the last layer of silver on Ciel's cane, duct taped the boning on the hoop skirt and have been working on Richea's crown all day.
Kumori'15

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #811 on: February 28, 2012, 05:15:24 pm »
bunny_jean you are rockin that dress...that looks amazing.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #812 on: February 28, 2012, 06:27:27 pm »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #813 on: February 28, 2012, 08:33:18 pm »
I think you could take the inner shirt some so it isn't that loose and falls on your chest ?

Finished Richea's crown and it's sewn in. And I have more super glue on my fingers. I wish nail polish remover actually got the gunk off.
Kumori'15

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #814 on: February 28, 2012, 08:39:22 pm »
bunny_jean you are rockin that dress...that looks amazing.

Oh thanks! We'll see how long it takes to sew it all on. hahaha
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #815 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:01 pm »
That is something I'm currently trying to figure out how to do that, so far my attempts have all ended up with it falling. I think I may just need to use a different material that is stiffer.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #816 on: February 28, 2012, 09:23:41 pm »
That is something I'm currently trying to figure out how to do that, so far my attempts have all ended up with it falling. I think I may just need to use a different material that is stiffer.

Is it just a piece of fabric, or an undershirt? What kind of fabric is it now? I think it should just be a smaller piece of fabric...
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
« Reply #817 on: February 28, 2012, 10:15:12 pm »
I've started gathering supplies and working on very silly looking schematics, and I've run a few "can I actually make this look right?" tests on a small scale with clay.

Progress!

(Silly schematics)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #818 on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:08 am »

Is it just a piece of fabric, or an undershirt? What kind of fabric is it now? I think it should just be a smaller piece of fabric...

it is just a peice of fabric and its sort of a t-shirt material. I think making an actual top underneath might be more beneficial.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:52:15 am by Black~Rose »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #819 on: February 29, 2012, 10:40:21 am »
it is just a peice of fabric and its sort of a t-shirt material. I think making an actual top underneath might be more beneficial.
I think so. You could run some plastic boning through the trim at the top or a wire. Wire might work better in the long run.... You could also make it a tad smaller and sew on a few pieces of interfacing to make it sturdy :D
Kumori'15

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #820 on: February 29, 2012, 12:59:59 pm »

I think so too, otherwise if you just stick with the one piece of fabric, I'd change to a non-stretch material .
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #821 on: March 01, 2012, 09:03:06 am »
This is gonna be my motivation post/list of stuff that I need to get done :P
For my Vaporeon...
I need to finish the collar and sleeves on my kimono and it is done. 
The obi I have just begun, but I need to make the obi sash itself and then the tail. 
The umbrella and fan I have ordered, should get here in 10 days, and then I need to paint them.
I still need to make the under kimono, and maybe sew some purse-thing into the sleeves. 
I need to sew the ears and attach them to the headband.
I need to decide on make-up and earrings to go with the outfit, along with hair stuff.
Need to get some Geta or just make do with my ordinary sandals.

For Jill:
A lot, very much won't be ready for sakuracon I think.

over all I think I'm doing pretty good, considering last year for Sakrua I did my whole kimono and stuff in the 3 days before the con. XD

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #822 on: March 01, 2012, 10:30:23 pm »
I got the socks that I originally ordered for Pinkie Pie in the mail today but they don't really fit my new design so I'm going to have to send them back. And I'll get to go shopping for possible Pinkie Pie clothes tomorrow. Also, my mom found some fuzzy curly bright pink fabric in her closet and she though I could use it for Pinkie Pie but I have no idea how XDDDD

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #823 on: March 01, 2012, 10:57:12 pm »
Fuzzy curly fabric? Would it work as some sort of addition to the wig perhaps, or something for a tail?
Kumori'15

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #824 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:29 pm »
I was thinking about maybe making a tail with it but I dunno. I'll figure something out. XD

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #825 on: March 02, 2012, 08:05:03 pm »
Started cutting out the foam suckers for my tentecles. There such a pain to cut out but they look great, I'll hopefully have some pictures here soon.
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #826 on: March 02, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »
Started cutting out the foam suckers for my tentecles. There such a pain to cut out but they look great, I'll hopefully have some pictures here soon.

You can get fabric with rosettes sewn all over it at Fabric Depot, I dunno if they'd have the right color you want, but we used those for a squid costume at the costume shop I work at and they looked fab, and were super easy to cut out and sew on.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #827 on: March 03, 2012, 12:53:56 pm »
Got my wigs for Tenten and Sailor Uranus in the mail today. :D  Now, as soon as this paycheck comes in, to order wig heads so I can style them. LOL.  Also going to order the shoes.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #828 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:28 pm »
Got my wigs for Tenten and Sailor Uranus in the mail today. :D  Now, as soon as this paycheck comes in, to order wig heads so I can style them. LOL.  Also going to order the shoes.

you know you dotn have to order a wig head if you just go down to wig land or any sally/bueaty store they have them for $5 ^^

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #829 on: March 03, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »

You can get fabric with rosettes sewn all over it at Fabric Depot, I dunno if they'd have the right color you want, but we used those for a squid costume at the costume shop I work at and they looked fab, and were super easy to cut out and sew on.
That sounds like a great idea. I don't think we have a fabric depot around here though. I bet that costume looked awesome though.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #830 on: March 03, 2012, 10:07:32 pm »
Went to Michael's today and got ribbon for PB's laces. Now all I need for her is a pair of white kneesocks. I also got stuff for friends' costumes I'm helping them with - things to make a John Egbert shirt and a headband with a star for LSP. I'll hopefully get to all that tonight.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #831 on: March 03, 2012, 10:40:21 pm »

That sounds like a great idea. I don't think we have a fabric depot around here though. I bet that costume looked awesome though.

Oh, I don't know where you are. I'm down in Eugene, but I try to go to Fabric Depot when I'm up in the Portland area. :3 It's a magical place.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #832 on: March 03, 2012, 10:45:53 pm »
Oh, I don't know where you are. I'm down in Eugene, but I try to go to Fabric Depot when I'm up in the Portland area. :3 It's a magical place.
I'm way way WAY down here in medford, were lucky to have a Johanns down here.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #833 on: March 04, 2012, 01:34:33 pm »
The other day I got clay, liquid latex in clear and in blue, and some fabric. I am on my way to starting Darc. I order some clay pattern mats that I am going to use to get my scales and I have my horns drying in front of me. The skirt is cut out and ready to be sewn the I need to do the red parts. I may have Darc done for Fanime x.x

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2012, 04:08:00 pm »
Today I ordered my Jupiter wig :3

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #835 on: March 04, 2012, 06:16:24 pm »
Finished my Kira Shirt

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #836 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:53 pm »
My friend helped me cut the bangs in my Rose wig! And I got a new pattern for my Pinkie Pie skirt. I'm hoping to get the fabric for it tomorrow so I can get started.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #837 on: March 04, 2012, 09:15:23 pm »
Has anyone ever tried to cut the rim off of one of those woven pointy hats that you see in all the asian movies that the folks working the rice paddy fields wear?  The hat that I have needs to have the rim cut back and I'm afraid that it will unravel and be unusable.  I was thinking I can put resin on it, then cut it, then resin it some more.  What y'all think?

Thanks.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #838 on: March 04, 2012, 09:45:08 pm »
Finished the laces for PB, plus I painted a John Egbert shirt for a friend and am almost done with an LSP wig/headband for another friend. I was surprisingly productive today.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #839 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »
Has anyone ever tried to cut the rim off of one of those woven pointy hats that you see in all the asian movies that the folks working the rice paddy fields wear?  The hat that I have needs to have the rim cut back and I'm afraid that it will unravel and be unusable.  I was thinking I can put resin on it, then cut it, then resin it some more.  What y'all think?

Thanks.
It might be allright as long as you put somthing on it to help keep it from unravling >< sorry im not much help

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #840 on: March 05, 2012, 01:44:02 am »
Got the two spikes on Ragnarok's back sewn. Now for the arms and the rest of his body. :D

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #841 on: March 05, 2012, 11:34:40 am »

Thanks.
It might be allright as long as you put somthing on it to help keep it from unravling >< sorry im not much help

Yeah I was thinking something similar.  not sure what I should use: Parafin, mod podge, resin to hold it together while I cut. 

The whole thing is gonna get resined when it's the correct shape.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #842 on: March 05, 2012, 03:13:45 pm »
I got fabric for Pinkie Pie's skirt and apron today! I'll probably start sewing them tomorrow.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #843 on: March 05, 2012, 06:13:02 pm »
I just ordered the wigs for me and my girlfriends Marceline and Marshal Lee cosplay. :DD
Hopefully I'll get this one. The first wig I ever bought never made it. I honestly think it was lost in the mail and that the person didn't rip me off it was just frustrating.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #844 on: March 05, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »
Started mod podging my straw hat so I can cut it to shape without unraveling it.  :) 

Progress....I'm making progress!!!!

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #845 on: March 05, 2012, 06:53:30 pm »
Just got a bunch of stuff to continue working on everything.

Just pinned everything on my Gaara coat so I'm ready to sew and finish that. And I'll be finishing my gears for my Steampunk jacket soon.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #846 on: March 05, 2012, 09:36:57 pm »
Finished sewing the fur onto my jacket I have for the Masked Man.
Now Im working on the helmet and I all have to do for that is paint it.
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #847 on: March 06, 2012, 06:28:41 pm »
I got one of my shoulder spikes and one of my elbow spikes done for Darc. The bigger one will go on my shoulder. They are made out of latex and stuffed with batting to help hold the shape.

I also have my horns made and will start putting latex on them soon. I put a little bit of foam on my glove to make it look a little bigger and I will start putting the blue latex on that soon too. I am also waiting for my scale clay mat so I can start the scales. My ears are almost done as well. I just took the ears I got for Saix and added a small spike down at the bottom pointed down to the ground. And of course it all needs to be painted but I am waiting for a friend to get an airbrush.

I bought the fabric for his skirt/wrap thing and it just needs to be sewn then I need to dye the red parts.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #848 on: March 06, 2012, 06:30:55 pm »
So far nouthin is getting done my room is thrashed adn the pattern for my okena no gai cosplay are missing =.= hate shareing room

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #849 on: March 06, 2012, 06:55:09 pm »
So nothing will be getting done for me for awhile I'm moving to mcminnville this month to live with my uncle and aunt and untill my internship job starts paying or I get a part time job cosplays on hold.....damn XD