Author Topic: dark knight night  (Read 8261 times)

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
dark knight night
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:37:12 pm »
YES IT'S FINALLY HERE! dark knight will be here this week!! midnight showing at tigard theater, as usual, if anyone wants to go.

what's different for this one is that i just bought gotham knight, so i thought we could meet at my house to watch that before dark knight and have some snacky dinner stuff. so, if anyone wants to come over and do that or just meet up for the movie, lemme know! *is super excited*

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Re: dark knight night
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:59:27 pm »
Ah  poo, I'll be at the Cornelius theater for the midnight showing! Have fun though! ^^
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »
I CAN'T wait for the movie. I plan on seeing it with a friend on Friday.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:24:54 pm »
You know I'll be there. It's pretty much a given that wherever you'll be, I'll be there too, heh. And yeah, I'm super stoked for this movie. Yay, Heath Ledger!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 01:34:05 am »
I missed seeing The Happening and Hellboy 2 but I will not miss this one, tell me where and when and I will make sure to be there with my wife or even alone if I have to.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:47:30 am »
Well, I think our plan (Kahlan and Urahara and I, at least) is to meet up at Kahlan's house around 8:00pm, watch Batman: Gotham Knight, eat something good, then go to the Tigard Regal Theater for the midnight showing. So, yeah, that's the tentative plan. If you want to come to Kahlan's, then we can get you the address or directions, just PM one of us. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 07:26:43 pm »
Well, I think our plan (Kahlan and Urahara and I, at least) is to meet up at Kahlan's house around 8:00pm, watch Batman: Gotham Knight, eat something good, then go to the Tigard Regal Theater for the midnight showing. So, yeah, that's the tentative plan. If you want to come to Kahlan's, then we can get you the address or directions, just PM one of us. ^_^
which tigard regal theater? Bridgeport or tigard 11 cinemas, sorry i dont know much about tigard
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:48:52 pm by Higuma »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 09:48:51 pm »
which tigard regal theater? Bridgeport or tigard 11 cinemas

Tigard 11, the one right on Hwy 99.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 09:58:33 pm »
Thanks, My brother scored advance screening tickets and just finished watching it. To quote him he said this movie was "Perfect".
Now I have my tickets, i dont think i will be able to sleep tonight. Too excited!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:06:38 pm by Higuma »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 09:59:56 pm »
Awesome. I expect nothing less, I know I'll be blown away.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 11:00:14 am »
it was just pure epic. didnt get home till 330 this mornign =D amazing!
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 11:03:45 am »
haha, yeah. Kahlan got home at 3:00am, had just enough to time to change and eat something before she had to go to work at 3:40, lol. Terrible, but she said it was totally worth it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 11:35:20 am »
i know it soooo was :P

sept we had a delay b4 our showing for whatever reason but its all good we played magic in line to pass the time =D
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 12:57:49 pm »
Anyone know if Bridgport has the trailer for Watchmen before the movie?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 02:31:03 pm »
i know it soooo was :P

sept we had a delay b4 our showing for whatever reason but its all good we played magic in line to pass the time =D

heh, yeah, we had a bit of a delay at our screening also. The screen froze on the "please silence your phone" for about five minutes. Not a very long delay but long enough to make me uber antsy, heh. So I talked about SquareEnix and otaku culture with people while I waited, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 07:42:07 pm »
Heath ledger did the best Joker I have ever seen! I think I will take the kids to see it tomorrow. And a huge thanks to Kalhan4 to inviting us over to her house to watch gotham knight we had a good time. I cant wait to see the dark knight again.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 07:49:03 pm »
Yes! I agree, heh. And thanks for coming, it was really fun getting to spend the evening with you and your wife. I hope the kids enjoy Dark Knight (and you too, heh). ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 05:23:56 pm »
Ah, I just got home from a Batman marathon. Man, that movie just blew my mind. I was SO impressed with how heath ledger played the joker and another certain villain (who I don't want to ruin for the rest of you) looked REALLY neat and accurate to the version I remember.
It was so cool to go to the midnight showing with all of the other fans too. Since we all met up early, we threw together a bunch of costumes (Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, The Joker, The Riddler, etc) but ever since the movie, we vowed to make more accurate versions for Halloween and have an official marathon.
Overall, everyone needs to see it.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 05:25:31 pm »
Wow, you're Harley Quinn! She's my favorite female character in the Batman universe. You get props, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ambergen87

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 05:36:52 pm »
I saw it over her in Newberg. It is a wonderful and dark movie. I suggest everyone go see it. (unless you are 13 and younger)
Randomness is good for the soul.

The swag lady.

Cosplay for Kumoricon 2011:
Saturday: Lolita
Sunday: Seychelles
Monday: Catgirl Schoolgirl

Friday: Random yukata girl
Sat: Don't know
Sun: Don't know
Mon: Raine from Final Fantasy VIII

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »
Me and a friend are leaving to see it now. I can't wait! I have been looking forward to this movie all summer. ^_^

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 07:15:08 pm »
Wow, you're Harley Quinn! She's my favorite female character in the Batman universe. You get props, heh.
Haha, I had a lot of fun as Harley too. Makes me sad that Heath Ledger is gone T^T
I can't imagine anyone doing the joker justice now... and I was really really hoping for a future appearance by Harley Quinn. :(
I wonder who the next villain appearance will be... hhhmmm.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 10:34:53 pm »
I loved it. The movie was so good. I can't believe that Heath did such an amazing job. I miss him ;_;

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 10:39:38 pm »
Yeah, the whole time I was watching the movie was so bittersweet, because every single time I was impressed/entertained/amazed at the Joker, I choked up knowing I'd never see Heath Ledger again. T_T

Haha, I had a lot of fun as Harley too. Makes me sad that Heath Ledger is gone T^T
I can't imagine anyone doing the joker justice now... and I was really really hoping for a future appearance by Harley Quinn. :(
I wonder who the next villain appearance will be... hhhmmm.

And as for the next villain, my personal favorites have always been Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and Catwoman (of those that I can remember). I love the way Penguin was depicted in Batman Returns, and I don't think he could be done any better, and the same goes for Catwoman. I would love to see Mr. Freeze given a second chance, though. I just did not like the way he was shown in Batman & Robin (the whole film was far too comic/cartoonish for my taste). I like the direction these past two films have taken: much more serious, much darker, much more appealing and in tune with the true Batman essence. I think with this new style and direction, Mr. Freeze could be shown in such an awesome, killer light. Nobody can top Joker, though, heh.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:14:00 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 08:29:25 am »
Yeah. Mr. freeze could definitely use some improvement. It would be cool to see a new catwoman as long as halle berry doesn't get the role too.
UUUUGH.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 11:23:12 am »
You guys want to see a magic trick? I am going to make this pencil disappear

XD That was my favorite part of the movie.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:23:31 am by nikkiolie »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 12:50:42 pm »
You guys want to see a magic trick? I am going to make this pencil disappear

XD That was my favorite part of the movie.

hahaha, that rocked so hard, lol.

Yeah. Mr. freeze could definitely use some improvement. It would be cool to see a new catwoman as long as halle berry doesn't get the role too.
UUUUGH.

And yes.....Halle Berry as Catwoman = no! I loved Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman though. I thought Tim Burton's vision of the outfit coupled with her acting made for the perfect character. I am trying to think of who could make a great new Catwoman....but I'm drawing blanks at the moment. Maybe Helena Bonham Carter? She can be pretty insane at times, it seems. Hmm, I'll have to keep thinking though.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 01:05:20 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 12:56:31 pm »
I can easily say that Dark Knight was the best movie I have ever seen. No exaggeration.
Heath Ledger made a very good Joker, but..
Christian Bale is so unbelievably HOT as Batman.
And the couple short minutes Cillian Murphy was there was nice, too.
There was so much manshine in that movie.. but I absolutally LOVED the music and storyline.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 01:03:52 pm »
I will say this about Heath Ledger. It sucks that he died but at least he went out in the best way possible. Everyone is going to remember the amazing job he did in this movie.

Offline Kanmu

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 10:11:18 pm »
Higuma and I took the whole fam to see it this morning......Is it possible to be blown away twice at the same movie? yes, yes it is.

~*Kanmu*~
Pocky IS Love

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 10:13:24 pm »
haha, oh most definitely. I am already itching to see it again. Kahlan and I are still quoting it and occasionally just breaking into remembrances, heh. "Hey, remember when he did that thing with the pencil? Yeah...that was awesome." lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 10:27:28 pm »
I want to see it again. But I think I will wait till there is no one in the theater....then again with a movie so epic there will always be at least one other person

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 10:41:44 pm »
I went for the second time and it was just as packed as the midnight showing  :o

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 10:45:19 pm »
when I went I was smart and ordered my tickets online. But at the theater they were lined up to get into the theater. There were people walking around selling dibs and watter to everyone in line. I made my friend wait in line while I bought snacks.....which turned out to be a bad idea. It's hard to carry a large soda a medium popcorn, raisinets, and muddy bears all by yourself x.x

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 12:21:43 am »
I have seen it twice and want to watch it again. But I have not money left for movies.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 07:15:00 am »
when I went I was smart and ordered my tickets online. But at the theater they were lined up to get into the theater. There were people walking around selling dibs and watter to everyone in line. I made my friend wait in line while I bought snacks.....which turned out to be a bad idea. It's hard to carry a large soda a medium popcorn, raisinets, and muddy bears all by yourself x.x

Yeah, when we went there was a line formed around the theater's perimeter, and even though we bought tickets online, we still had a pretty significant wait. Not nearly as bad as it would have been thanks to Higuma, though. Thanks for holding spots! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 09:47:38 am »
We were still sitting in the seats next to the handicap seat at the very top. ^_^

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 12:42:21 pm »
Yeah, we had our friend (dressed as nightwing) save us a spot in line. He was there really early O.O
Then for the second time, it was pure luck that we showed up JUST in time for them to begin forming the line. I can't wait for the movie release xD