Author Topic: Cheaper Hotels!  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Cheaper Hotels!
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:48:11 am »
So....anyone found the cheaper hotels yet? Because I'm not sure when we should book them. But, at the rates for the Doubletree, pfff. Yeah, too much for some people. But, like last year there were some really good hotels. Any word on this year's cheap hotels?

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Re: Cheaper Hotels!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:40:52 pm »
I don't know about other hotels, but the best way to get a cheap room at the Doubletree: lots and LOTS of roommates. The hotel limit is 8 people per room I think, and if all of them help pay for it, it really isn't so bad. ^^ Of course, other hotels are still an option. The Doubletree is just the easiest. : P
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:45:57 pm »
I don't know about other hotels, but the best way to get a cheap room at the Doubletree: lots and LOTS of roommates. The hotel limit is 8 people per room I think, and if all of them help pay for it, it really isn't so bad. ^^ Of course, other hotels are still an option. The Doubletree is just the easiest. : P
4 people per room, actually. And that is fire code.

Can't help you on the cheaper hotels though.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 05:06:44 pm »
4 people per room, actually. And that is fire code.

Yeah, fire code...o.o Bad idea.

But, here's the thing. It'll just be my family. My mother, brother, and me. And, when you're twelve[or I'll be thirteen when the time the con rolls around], sharing with total strangers isn't....Fun convincing your mom. XD

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 09:05:56 am »
I don't have the rates, but I might be able to help you find close by hotels.

http://pockyclub.com/2008_area.pdf

There are 3 hotels just down Holladay Street, really close to the Convention Center MAX stop.

Red Lion
Shilo Inn
Inn at the Convention Center

A little north there's a La Quinta, Holiday Inn, and another Shilo Inn. In the other direction, to the East, there's an extended stay hotel as well but I've been sort of ignoring that one.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 03:55:55 pm »
I don't have the rates, but I might be able to help you find close by hotels.

http://pockyclub.com/2008_area.pdf

Oh, WOW! Thanks so, so much, Tom! XD That will help so much....Ooo, an asian gift store.....We'll probably do the Shilo In,, ha ha!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:57:22 pm by Syd-chan »