Author Topic: YuGiOh! '09  (Read 55116 times)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
Re: YuGiOh! '09
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2009, 09:00:51 am »
That would be hilarious if you tried to give me a piggy-back ride! I think I might get violent when I'm scared though...like, panicky. (Though, doesn't everyone?) What's funny is that I can totally picture this...Mai attempting to pick up a flailing Crow. You'd probably just end up getting really frustrated, and shoving me down the stairs.

Oh, you know that Yuusei/motorcycle/line thing we were talking about? I thought of an amusing "equivalent" for Crow...instead of a motorcycle, it would be a bicycle. I would totally do it, too, if I could ride a bicycle...

That's awesome that you found a jacket! Sewing a shirt shouldn't be too hard...I might end up sewing a yellow shirt for Crow, just because I can. I plan on going shopping this weekend, but, it's like...me plus shopping equals fail. I have absolutely no patience for shopping. Hopefully this coming year, I'll end up practicing sewing more, so I will only have to buy tools and fabric, instead of spending hours in stores.

Crazy as this may sound to anyone other than me...I think it would be cool to actually have Crow-hair. Not just a wig, but, like...real Crow hair! Out of many Yu-Gi-Oh! characters, his kind of seems like one of the few that might actually be possible...

Oh, and, I was going to ask...if anyone knew where to buy Duel Disks? I know I have one, but, I'd like to know if they're possible to purchase anymore, for other people's benefit, and in case I would like to build a house with them, or something.
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2009, 10:55:43 pm »
That would be hilarious!!! You could just close you eyes...?

A decked out bike would be awesome! Though, I'd be afraid of it getting stolen. And the whole 'not being able to ride it' would be a problem as well. But, good idea!

Yeah, I like shopping because that's when I find stuff for future cosplays! But, being able to make my whole cosplay by hand would be really awesome!

Crow hair would be EPIC!!! Besides the size of it, it would totally be "normal".

I'm not sure. I haven't seen them anywhere I've been. But maybe gaming shops? And also I'm sure people sell them online...I want one >.<
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2009, 01:21:55 am »
Oh, man. Dude, closing my eyes would probably be even worse. I would be screaming and wriggling around like crazy...ugh, I can see it in my mind...Not pleasant. Feel free to try, though. :D Bad experiences with stairs, and bad experiences with people who are like seven feet tall picking me up, and shoving me to the sky...

"Good idea, but impossible!" That's wonderful. XD Once I get my Crow cosplay finished, I should make a video of me trying to ride a bicycle...riding a bicycle also scares me, by the way, since I...can't. XD

If I attempted to sew an entire cosplay, I would end up doing it by hand. I love to sew by hand, but the cosplay would probably end up bad...I can't make a straight line to save my life. I don't have a sewing machine, either...though, a sewing machine would probably make all of these cosplays simpler, in a way, but, still...technology tends to scare me....XD

I remember checking eBay in May, and there was a Duel Monsters-version Duel Disk for forty dollars. I was like, really? I didn't know they cost that much. Other than that, though, I haven't seen any online...I should actually probably check Google/eBay/Amazon right now. Gaming shops, though, hmm...that's a really interesting thought! If I find myself near any on tomorrow's cosplay trek, I'll check it out. I remember the friend who I bought mine from saying that he had, like, three, but I think he might have said that they were different versions...but, what versions other than Duel Monsters and Academy-Issued have been released? If he ends up having another Duel Monsters-version, I'll probably try to buy it off him...

Edit: Wow, I just found a whole bunch on eBay...I feel uber smart now. :D I found a third variation of Duel Disk, though...the Chaos one.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:25:12 am by Akesukeru »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2009, 01:33:49 am »
I'm not that tall........But, I get your point. I'm pretty sure there's a ramp of some sort there.

Eh, I never learned how either, so you're not alone! I want to, though...

Yeah, technology hates me, but I still love it! And sewing machines make life that much easier.

You should buy it from him, and then I could buy it off you! Or at least borrow it... Yeah, I heard that they're that expensive, which made me sad and never looked for them...

So, I'm doing a secret Masquerade cosplay, but I really want to talk about with someone, so anywho...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:06:19 am by nekovamp13 »
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2009, 01:48:28 am »
The next time I see said friend is during the new school-year (ugh), but, if you're still interested then, I'll be sure to ask him. (My first day of school is the day after the convention...isn't that wonderful?) I gave him my KaibaCorp VDS username, but he hasn't challenged me to a duel, or anything, so I don't really have any other way of contacting him. Fail. XD I would totally give it to you, though, if he ends up having another one! :D

You can talk about your super-secret masquerade cosplay with me. XD You can PM me, if you'd like.

That's really cool! What are you going to make the masks out of? If I end up going to the masquerade (doubtfully, seeing as I am utterly clueless on everything having to do with this convention. Isn't the convention going to be on the twenty-seventh floor, or something? Twenty-seven floors for a lone Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayer to get lost in. Heights kind of scare me, but elevators probably take the cake along with stairs...), I'll probably bring a mask...I hear they run out at the door.

Wow, this convention kind of seems like it's going to turn into a Yu-Gi-Oh! horror movie. At least, to me....XD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:49:17 am by Akesukeru »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2009, 02:05:52 am »
Sweet! And I start school the same day...*sigh*Me and my friends are planning on cosplay the first day of school! I would be Mai, but I don't want to be thought as the slut...

I'll probably buy the plastic ones and go from there...

27th floor?! I don't think so. At least I hope not. I'll get lost as well.......
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2009, 02:35:42 am »
I was planning on cosplaying the first day of school, too! That's so cool. I told a friend of mine about it, and he might do it with me...I'll either be Crow or Johan. Wearing Bakura all day to school...actually, it might be worth it. I should plan a day for that. My school's planner doesn't say anything about wigs not being allowed, so, I hope I'll end up doing this. :)

I could be mistaken...I'm not sure. I thought I heard something about the hotel being twenty-seven floors, but, I'm probably mistaken. I apologize. I'll try to check that out. I'm probably just crazy, like usual...twenty-seven is my favorite number, too, so what are the chances of the hotel having that many floors? XD

If my Johan cosplay doesn't come in time, I probably just won't be him. Sadness. I'm getting the costume custom-made, and the seller/maker emailed my friend about it, saying that they had been really busy, and just started working on it on like...the eighteenth, or something. If it doesn't come in time, I guess I could save him for next year...

If I don't get Johan in time, I'll probably by Bakura for half the time, and Crow for half the time...it might be interesting, too, though, to run around as myself for a while, and have nobody recognize me.

I wonder if there are like...bunny masks! I like bunnies. It would be cute to go to the masquerade as Bakura or Crow wearing a bunny mask. ^_^

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2009, 02:50:42 am »
I'll probably do Roxas, but it would be fun to just randomly wear my wigs on day! I'll probably end up doing that!

I looked it up, and it looks like the highest level that con stuff is happening on is the 23rd level, but mainly every thing is happening on the first 3 levels...
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=7836.0
It's hard to see everything, but that's the jist of it.

Well, I hope that you do get Johan. He's amazing! Even when he's evil!!! I'll probably be in cosplay all the time. Last year, I went as myself, and I wore my friend's army jacket the whole time, and people kept asking my what anime I was from -__-*

OMG! You totally should! I think it would look better on Bakura. I just couldn't see Crow ever wearing that, even if he was forced...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2009, 03:00:34 am »
The first three levels, really? That doesn't seem very bad at all! :D I didn't see any elevators on the map...hopefully there aren't any, but, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up...XD

I agree; Johan is amazing! I really love wearing the wig, too...it's such a breath of fresh air after wearing my Bakura wig all day. I mean that literally, of course. :D

You should have said, like..."I'm from that new Yu-Gi-Oh! show, you know?" Then you pull out some cards..."That show with children's card games, you know?" And everyone is like, "Oh, well that makes sense... >_>"

You can see Bakura wearing a bunny mask, but not Crow, while Bakura is the epitome of evil? You're wonderful. :D What kind of mask do you think Crow would wear, then? :)

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2009, 03:18:07 am »
Yeah, and the basement level (forgot that one), so I guess 4 levels total, plus the karaoke lounge on the 23rd level, but I'll probably not go up there...

Yeah. It'll be interesting on monday with Mai...I sware that wig is trying to kill me >.>

lol
I just gave them strange looks and they backed away slowly!

Well, I always saw him as the cute little boy...Even with his evil ways ^^
Hm...It'd be awesome to see him in a crow mask! Make Crow and actual crow!!! Other than that, I'm not totally sure.............
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2009, 03:34:09 am »
My Bakura wig is trying to kill me, too. >_> I know what you mean...

XD

Dude, when I was typing about what mask Crow would wear, I thought of a crow, too! That's the first thing that came to mind. XD That's interesting. I could even try to mix two of my favorite things together, and make a mask from Majora's Mask for him to wear. Ironically, there's a Bunny Hood in that game...I could get a regular eye-mask, and then yellow bunny ears, or something...Wow, I'm weird, but, yeah...a Mask of Truth would be cool, too...

I just googled "crow mask," and here's what came up:

http://www.kindamuzik.net/gfx/knife-grp4-0306.jpg

Is that the kind of crow's mask you're thinking of? :D

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2009, 03:39:19 am »
That would be funny. Though, I think it's just a little too long...You'd turn and probably knock someone out XD

I was thinking something more elegant...OMG, I just had an idea, you should be Crow as The Crow! (http://filmsirkus.no/shop/images/Neca/crow18.jpg)
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2009, 03:56:25 am »
I know, right?! XD Besides, carrying it around...if I end up carrying a bag, people might think I have some kind of weapon, or something. >_> I could make a smaller beak...I was also looking into tutorials for bird masks, but I wouldn't know what to make the beak out of, other than construction paper, and that would probably end up falling off, or getting smashed.

Crow as the Crow would be awesome! Do you think party stores sell full-blank masks, like they probably sell masquerade ones? If I wore a mask over my eyes looking like that (white skin, black around the eyes, et cetera), I probably wouldn't have time to apply the other half of the make-up, and it would probably melt off, anyways. Then again, I could just buy a masquerade mask, and fix that one up like the Crow, and have the other half of my face be normal...

I'd personally like to look into both a full-mask and a masquerade mask, but which Crow mask do you think would be coolor for Crow?

...XD

Also, if Johan ends up getting here in time, I might wear him to the masquerade, if it's on the second day. I must adhere to my schedule! XD I could just wear Johan for the first half of the day, and then change into Crow about halfway through the day, but, if I end up going to the masquerade as Johan, what kind of mask would he wear? :D

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2009, 04:07:00 am »
They do. At least I've seen them at some...

Hmmm...I'd say do whatever is easiest for you. I think he would wear something like these:
http://www.amasquerade.com/images/products/larger_images/firebird.jpg
http://www.amasquerade.com/images/products/larger_images/NightBird20.jpg
http://www.amasquerade.com/images/products/larger_images/roc.jpg

Uh...*blanks* I have no clue...

Look through this site: http://www.amasquerade.com/store_masks.asp
That's where I got my ideas for my masks! They have some AMAZING stuff. Sad thing, is the fact that it's all leather...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2009, 04:17:51 am »
An Arkana mask could be cool, too, but, more pointy edges. XD

Thanks for all the ideas! I plan on looking into all of the masks at the store(s) when I go to find my Crow wig. :) Maybe they'll even have a crow mask (that would be cool, but I'm kind of in a mood where I'd like to make it), or maybe they'll have some kind of mask-kit. That would be pretty cool.

I'm looking through those masks right now. :) Yeah, it's too bad that it's leather, but I might be inspired by a cool mask, who knows.

I just thought of something for Johan...kind of. Well, since I won't be wearing contacts, it might be cool to have an orange mask. Maybe an orange mask kind of in the shape that Nightshroud's/Atticus' was...you know, for a great big GX shout-out. :D If I end up feeling lazy, though, I'll probably use a plain orange one, though.

http://images.absoluteanime.com/yu-gi-oh_gx/atticus-nightshroud.jpg
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:18:23 am by Akesukeru »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2009, 04:28:23 am »
Yeah, I'm going out later today, and probably get stuff for masks.

Now that would be awesome! And instead of blue in the eyes, you could have orange! That's actually what I'm doing for the dragon mask. I might do that for mine as well...Don't know...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2009, 06:20:22 pm »
Tell me if you find any stuff for masks, would you? I went to Party City today, and they didn't have any orange wigs, and only like, two masquerade masks. It was really sad. I found face-paint there, though, so I got yellow for Crow's mark, and, for some reason I bought a pack of orange glow sticks... Isn't there a rave or a dance on the last day, or something? XD Bakura/Johan/Crow plus glow sticks is just...win. :) I might go out on another romp tomorrow, so, I plan on doing research online for places that sell wigs...a guy that works at Party City said that they'll probably have more of their Halloween stuff out in the next few weeks, but I honestly don't want to wait, like a week before the convention, because I'll have to style it, too...we'll definitely have to see what happens, though! :D

You were so right about Goodwill...I found almost everything there! I found a few small black belts that I'll be cutting up for arm-thingys (Johan and Crow both have them...Crow's have a snap, and Johan's buckle, but...). I found a gray belt, that I'll be cutting up for the things that go around Crow's gloves (I think I have a pair of gloves somewhere that I can cut the fingers off of...I saw a pair of really cool biker gloves at Target, but they were $12.99, and that would have been such a waste. For the round things on his gloves, I might take pennies, and use clay to build up the round shape. Cook them, and glue them on...). I found a nice, light, generic pair of boots that I think Crow would wear! (I hope to make some kind of boot-cover for Johan, though...) I just glued the soles, though, because they were literally about to fall completely off. I found a nice pair of jeans, and, then...we were kind of getting ready to leave, and I had this brown jacket picked out. I was going to have to cut off the sleeves, and rip out the pink-stuff to sew in white, but...then we found probably the best vest that you could find in a store that would fit the Team Satisfaction vests. It was amazing. It's kind of big, so we're going to try to let out the seams, and then sew it back up...and, probably make a few more other modifications. I was wearing it at Goodwill, though, and running around, talking about Team Satisfaction, and how they're superheroes, and stuff...

At Target, I found a nice blue-ish head-band (if it ends up not being wide enough, I could just buy another, and sew them together), and shower-rings for the...well, rings. XD

I think I did pretty well today. :D

And I found a yellow shirt, so, the majority of gathering supplies for Crow is just about finished! :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 06:24:26 pm by Akesukeru »

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2009, 07:48:43 pm »
Oh wow, I'm gone for a week and suddenly there are three more pages and a photoshoot!  xD  Awesome~

I...haven't really gotten much done on my cosplays yet.  orz  But I did go fabric shopping today, and that got me all of the fabric I need for Rally and 1/3 of the colors I need for Aki so I'm quite a bit closer to getting something done than I was.  8D  Hopefully I'll be able to get some pieces done within the week.

So I was skimming the thread...and you have no idea how excited I'm getting about this sdjga;gfaljeg;werwg <3<3<3  You guys are awesome and I'm sorry I haven't been around as much as I probably should be as the threadstarter.  ;~;

edit - ALSO on the topic of masks, I'm about to go off and make the Black Rose Witch mask and a variation of it for if I decide to go to a masquerade as Aki.  8U;
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:51:45 pm by Kotoumi »
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2009, 10:48:49 pm »
That's awesome, both of you! I can't wait to see them all!

Yeah. When I went, they were packing a bunch of it up...I'll have to go again sometime and see what's happening...I wasn't able to go today, so yeah...

I have soooooooo much sewing that I need to do...Let's see~
-hem both the sleeves and pant legs of my Sven suit
-hem the bottom of my skirt and the sleeves on my vest for Mai
-actually make my Mai shirt
-sew together the black and tan parts of my Roxas pants...

And I need to get Roxas and Mai done by the end of this week...
(photo shoot on saturday as Roxas, then gone the next week, and cosplay bowling the day I come back as Mai...fun.......)

You should go! I would LOVE to see Black Rose there ^^

So, Kotoumi, what are you planning on wearing for the photo shoot?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:49:39 pm by nekovamp13 »
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2009, 09:00:10 am »
Oh wow, I'm gone for a week and suddenly there are three more pages and a photoshoot!  xD  Awesome~

I...haven't really gotten much done on my cosplays yet.  orz  But I did go fabric shopping today, and that got me all of the fabric I need for Rally and 1/3 of the colors I need for Aki so I'm quite a bit closer to getting something done than I was.  8D  Hopefully I'll be able to get some pieces done within the week.

So I was skimming the thread...and you have no idea how excited I'm getting about this sdjga;gfaljeg;werwg <3<3<3  You guys are awesome and I'm sorry I haven't been around as much as I probably should be as the threadstarter.  ;~;

edit - ALSO on the topic of masks, I'm about to go off and make the Black Rose Witch mask and a variation of it for if I decide to go to a masquerade as Aki.  8U;
Are you coming to the photoshoot, or are you scared of stairs, also? ;D

That reminds me that I was going to stop at a fabric store, but didn't...another day, I guess. I see that Mana is not starred in your signature...do you plan on completing her, also? :)

Werwg. :D I am very excited, also, though I'm not exactly sure what to expect. I'm sure you're busy...don't worry about posting. I personally have work to do (other than cosplay! Isn't it shocking! :D), but, I prefer to lurk this thread. :) It makes me so happy to keep alive what I love, and converse about what I love, et cetera...;D

I think you might just be the person to change my view of Aki. I had a really bad experience with her in Wheelie Breakers...XD

That's awesome, both of you! I can't wait to see them all!

Yeah. When I went, they were packing a bunch of it up...I'll have to go again sometime and see what's happening...I wasn't able to go today, so yeah...

I have soooooooo much sewing that I need to do...Let's see~
-hem both the sleeves and pant legs of my Sven suit
-hem the bottom of my skirt and the sleeves on my vest for Mai
-actually make my Mai shirt
-sew together the black and tan parts of my Roxas pants...

And I need to get Roxas and Mai done by the end of this week...
(photo shoot on saturday as Roxas, then gone the next week, and cosplay bowling the day I come back as Mai...fun.......)

You should go! I would LOVE to see Black Rose there ^^

So, Kotoumi, what are you planning on wearing for the photo shoot?
A girl working at Party City also told me that they have tons of masquerade stuff around Mardi Gras...I guess I'll have to remember that for next year, but, I hope I'll be able to find something before then. Maybe try to find a few mask shops to lurk. I also think that I'll wait to get Crow's wig. A lot of the wig places I've found mainly deal in natural-color wigs, so, if they'd even be willing to get a special wig for me and dye it, it'd probably be pretty expensive (one-hundred dollars, at least.) It's still an option, of course, as is dying my hair (I've had orange hair before, believe it or not), but making my natural hair look as cool as Crow's would probably be really hard. :D

Do you know of any party stores other than Party City? I plan on getting numbers for a bunch of Party Cities, and calling them every week (that sounds stalker-ish :D), but, I'd like to know if I have a wider range of options.

You do have a lot of sewing to do...but, I'm sure you'll be fine! I was planning on running around downtown for a photoshoot in early-to-mid August, but that plan might just fall through, because I'll probably end up finishing really close to the convention, if at all...

Right now, I'm trying to work on some of the little details...Crow's gloves, and Crow's/Johan's arm-belt-things. I need a hot glue gun, though, or some form of glue, and I need paintbrushes (in my house, whenever you need something, it isn't where it always is. We're all artists in some way or form, so everything is always crazy...).

I was wearing what I have for Crow, and I feel pretty good about it so far! Something huge definitely seems to be missing (obviously XD), but I think that, once I get said thing, the whole costume will start to come together. I was also wearing Crow's head-band, with the massive rings in, and was kind of wondering why somebody would want to wear them. It's cool, and interesting, but, it's just like...why? XD I wonder where he got the idea from.

I'm sure all cosplayers who cosplay the same series feel this special bond, but our's is going to be so cool, because, well, it's Yu-Gi-Oh!, dude. :D I'm going to just scream out, "Brother!" or "Sister!" in my head whenever I see one of you guys. XD

...Team Satisfaction. I'm pulling for one. Pull with me! Pull the Team Satisfaction rope! :) Pull the rope of Satisfaction!

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2009, 11:27:14 am »
@Nekovamp ~ Cosplay bowling is in about two weeks, right?  I'm not sure if I'll have her done by then!  xD  It would be fun, though...
Maybe that could be my new goal so I can get things done faster one more efficiently.  If I can go, but I don't have Aki done, I could probably get Rally done in time.  o_O;

And I told my friend about the photoshoot and she said she'd be willing to go as Divine if I go as Aki, so I'll probably be Aki!

@Ake ~ I'm not afraid of stairs, but I do get vertigo on them sometimes.  |D  I'll be going, though!

Hope you can get to the fabric store soon.  =]  I was Mana last year, so all I need to do is a few touch-ups on that.  If the con were tomorrow, she'd be the only one I'd be able to wear at this point.  xD

Expect everything!  I'd say 'expect the worst and hope for the best' but that's a little ominous~  Lurking is a really hard habit to break, though.  xD

As for Aki...she's my favorite, and according to my friends, my like of her is contagious.  xD  But what happened in Wheelie Breakers, if you don't mind me asking?

...You're really making me want to go through with making TeamSat!Kiryu.  orz

ALSO I went through the entire thread and counted how many YGO cosplayers there will be total (as well as adding in a couple friends of mine that haven't posted), and I thought I'd share the statistics  8U

Potential Cosplayers: 13
Definite Characters: 16
Possible Characters: 3
Total Possible Costumes: 19

So we have about a 13:19 ratio at the highest, people:costumes.

This makes me so happy because last year I could count the YGO cosplayers on one hand - I think there were two of us.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2009, 12:01:15 pm »
@Ake ~ I'm not afraid of stairs, but I do get vertigo on them sometimes.  |D  I'll be going, though!

Hope you can get to the fabric store soon.  =]  I was Mana last year, so all I need to do is a few touch-ups on that.  If the con were tomorrow, she'd be the only one I'd be able to wear at this point.  xD

Expect everything!  I'd say 'expect the worst and hope for the best' but that's a little ominous~  Lurking is a really hard habit to break, though.  xD

As for Aki...she's my favorite, and according to my friends, my like of her is contagious.  xD  But what happened in Wheelie Breakers, if you don't mind me asking?

...You're really making me want to go through with making TeamSat!Kiryu.  orz

ALSO I went through the entire thread and counted how many YGO cosplayers there will be total (as well as adding in a couple friends of mine that haven't posted), and I thought I'd share the statistics  8U

Potential Cosplayers: 13
Definite Characters: 16
Possible Characters: 3
Total Possible Costumes: 19

So we have about a 13:19 ratio at the highest, people:costumes.

This makes me so happy because last year I could count the YGO cosplayers on one hand - I think there were two of us.
Aki was really, really, really hard for me to beat in Wheelie Breakers. Let's just say that I had to try many, many, many times...I got really worked up...To help me beat her, I was listening to this crazy hard-core music, to pump me up, and she just made me really angry...I yelled a lot...XD She was really frustrating.

Two people last year?! Ugh. >_> That's really cool that you weren't alone, though...I mean, a few people might seem bad, but I think it would be really lonely to be the only one. I've always kind of been interested in KumoriCon for years, but hadn't really decided to go, or get into it too much, until this year...sorry. I guess all of the new KumoriCon Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers will be making up for lost time this year.

Am I a part of any of those numbers? :) Yu-Gi-Oh! numbers. :D

You should be Team Satisfaction Kiryu. O_O That would be so amazing! Since someone said that they planned to be Yuusei (probably not with Team Satisfaction clothing, I assume, but, a Yuusei, none-the-less), all we would need is a Jack! I would love it so much. :) I'm sure you're pretty swamped with your current cosplays, though...well, if you really wanted to cosplay Kiryu, I greatly urge you on! :D Greatly, greatly!

When my mother knows what I'm looking for, she tends to keep her eye out...and, she found this wig in a magazine:

http://i30.tinypic.com/ms2gwj.jpg

Excuse my scanner...the colors are basically all just neon, not just all weird-scanner-neon. Anyways, do you think it could work for a Crow wig? I'm always hearing people say that you shouldn't buy those really cheap party wigs, but...this seems kind of different, somehow. After all, I plan on styling it up like crazy, and stuff... If I want to just try it out, I can... I'd also like to try this wig in case I can't find another better one. I also found a black masquerade mask in the same magazine that I might be able to make into a crow, so... :)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2009, 12:41:54 pm »
Aki was really, really, really hard for me to beat in Wheelie Breakers. Let's just say that I had to try many, many, many times...I got really worked up...To help me beat her, I was listening to this crazy hard-core music, to pump me up, and she just made me really angry...I yelled a lot...XD She was really frustrating.

Two people last year?! Ugh. >_> That's really cool that you weren't alone, though...I mean, a few people might seem bad, but I think it would be really lonely to be the only one. I've always kind of been interested in KumoriCon for years, but hadn't really decided to go, or get into it too much, until this year...sorry. I guess all of the new KumoriCon Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers will be making up for lost time this year.

Am I a part of any of those numbers? :) Yu-Gi-Oh! numbers. :D

You should be Team Satisfaction Kiryu. O_O That would be so amazing! Since someone said that they planned to be Yuusei (probably not with Team Satisfaction clothing, I assume, but, a Yuusei, none-the-less), all we would need is a Jack! I would love it so much. :) I'm sure you're pretty swamped with your current cosplays, though...well, if you really wanted to cosplay Kiryu, I greatly urge you on! :D Greatly, greatly!

When my mother knows what I'm looking for, she tends to keep her eye out...and, she found this wig in a magazine:

http://i30.tinypic.com/ms2gwj.jpg

Excuse my scanner...the colors are basically all just neon, not just all weird-scanner-neon. Anyways, do you think it could work for a Crow wig? I'm always hearing people say that you shouldn't buy those really cheap party wigs, but...this seems kind of different, somehow. After all, I plan on styling it up like crazy, and stuff... If I want to just try it out, I can... I'd also like to try this wig in case I can't find another better one. I also found a black masquerade mask in the same magazine that I might be able to make into a crow, so... :)
Ah.  xD  That makes sense.  It's kind of amazing how people can get so worked up over a card game, once you think about it.
(Kind of like how I'm getting irritated with Ushio in Stardust Accelerator for not letting me get through the stupid pipeline and into the city.)

Yep, that I saw.  It was the smallest amount I'd seen so far, and just when I'd decided to join in, too!  xD  So this year makes me even happier because I think this will be the most so far.  But it's not your fault for not coming sooner; I did the same thing.  Saw it, knew of it, but didn't go until a few years passed.

You are indeed!  :D

xD  Well really, the only things I'd have to worry about making is the vest (which I want anyway just for the sake of having it xD) - the rest is stuff I could buy.  Maybe the cape, eventually.  And in December I talked a friend into possibly making a Team Satisfaction group someday where he would be Jack, but we haven't really talked a lot since then.  orz
...*adds Kiryu to list of possibilities*

That wig might be a little hard to style into Crow's...fountain?...because it's meant to be worn down and his is, well, up.  I'd say the easiest way to do it is get a pre-spiked wig (like...this one or this one) and mess with it a little.  The downside is that they're more expensive than the ones in magazines like that one and might take a while to ship...but the netting on the inside of the wig (and your real hair) won't show as much.

With Crow, it's not really a matter of what quality the wig is...it's more like can you make it defy gravity without anything showing through.  If that makes sense.

edit of irrelevance:  o_o  This is my 300th post.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:14:03 pm by Kotoumi »

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2009, 01:46:54 pm »
Ah.  xD  That makes sense.  It's kind of amazing how people can get so worked up over a card game, once you think about it.
(Kind of like how I'm getting irritated with Ushio in Stardust Accelerator for not letting me get through the stupid pipeline and into the city.)

Yep, that I saw.  It was the smallest amount I'd seen so far, and just when I'd decided to join in, too!  xD  So this year makes me even happier because I think this will be the most so far.  But it's not your fault for not coming sooner; I did the same thing.  Saw it, knew of it, but didn't go until a few years passed.

You are indeed!  :D

xD  Well really, the only things I'd have to worry about making is the vest (which I want anyway just for the sake of having it xD) - the rest is stuff I could buy.  Maybe the cape, eventually.  And in December I talked a friend into possibly making a Team Satisfaction group someday where he would be Jack, but we haven't really talked a lot since then.  orz
...*adds Kiryu to list of possibilities*

That wig might be a little hard to style into Crow's...fountain?...because it's meant to be worn down and his is, well, up.  I'd say the easiest way to do it is get a pre-spiked wig (like...this one or this one) and mess with it a little.  The downside is that they're more expensive than the ones in magazines like that one and might take a while to ship...but the netting on the inside of the wig (and your real hair) won't show as much.

With Crow, it's not really a matter of what quality the wig is...it's more like can you make it defy gravity without anything showing through.  If that makes sense.

edit of irrelevance:  o_o  This is my 300th post.
I can get pretty worked up over a card game. XD Racing tends to get me really fired up, though, so, it's like...card games, plus racing. Wow. They should have Wheelie Breakers at KumoriCon...:)

Ushio irritates me all the time. :D Even just in the show, he's just...annoying. And, in Wheelie Breakers, of course...

Wow. If you ever talk to him again, that would be really cool! There are probably multiple Team Satisfactions, but I've only seen and/or heard of one. I think it'd be really cool to set one up! :D

Yeah, I agree with you about the wig...I had already kind of crossed out ordering a wig online, though, because of shipping time, and because I have to go through lots of stuff to order...I have to get a friend to order for me, and this would be, like, the third time, and I feel bad for annoying him so much.

Although...do you think you can pay via bank account/debit card/credit card? If so, then I might be all over that...it's just Paypal that kills me. >_> Do you think it would get here in time, also?

And, congratulations on three-hundred posts! ;D

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2009, 02:30:22 pm »
I can get pretty worked up over a card game. XD Racing tends to get me really fired up, though, so, it's like...card games, plus racing. Wow. They should have Wheelie Breakers at KumoriCon...:)

Ushio irritates me all the time. :D Even just in the show, he's just...annoying. And, in Wheelie Breakers, of course...

Wow. If you ever talk to him again, that would be really cool! There are probably multiple Team Satisfactions, but I've only seen and/or heard of one. I think it'd be really cool to set one up! :D

Yeah, I agree with you about the wig...I had already kind of crossed out ordering a wig online, though, because of shipping time, and because I have to go through lots of stuff to order...I have to get a friend to order for me, and this would be, like, the third time, and I feel bad for annoying him so much.

Although...do you think you can pay via bank account/debit card/credit card? If so, then I might be all over that...it's just Paypal that kills me. >_> Do you think it would get here in time, also?

And, congratulations on three-hundred posts! ;D
And I fail at racing games usually.  xD  In Stardust, I actually have to lie down in real life so I don't hit more walls in-game  xD  How much sense does that make?
But I'd still like to try Wheelie Breakers.  :3  Having it at the con...if that happened, the 5D's cosplayers should play.  8D

Ironically, he seems to be the only recycled character from the original manga...hm.

I know.  xD  I want it to happen~

Amphigory...I believe does take credit/debit.  It's been a while since I last ordered from there and my memory hates me, so I'm going off the info on the site here.  Shipping takes much longer than Cosworx (another wig store, yes; they tend to get wigs to me in about 12 days), but Cosworx is in Nevada and Amphigory is somewhere around the Great Lakes so it's to be expected.  That and you can get wigs at Amphigory that you can't get at Cosworx and vice versa.  Both are good sites to keep in mind.  </ramble>
Also, they order the wig after you say you want one.  It's sort of a complicated process that confused me at first, but it's easy to get used to.

If you order it now, you'll have plenty of time for shipping - it'd probably get to you around mid-August, if I'm guessing right.  If you want to be really safe, though, you can always tell them you have a deadline that's before the con.  =]
I got Mana, Aki, and Rally from them and each took maybe three weeks or so.

And thank you  :D

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2009, 02:44:50 pm »
And I fail at racing games usually.  xD  In Stardust, I actually have to lie down in real life so I don't hit more walls in-game  xD  How much sense does that make?
But I'd still like to try Wheelie Breakers.  :3  Having it at the con...if that happened, the 5D's cosplayers should play.  8D

Ironically, he seems to be the only recycled character from the original manga...hm.

I know.  xD  I want it to happen~

Amphigory...I believe does take credit/debit.  It's been a while since I last ordered from there and my memory hates me, so I'm going off the info on the site here.  Shipping takes much longer than Cosworx (another wig store, yes; they tend to get wigs to me in about 12 days), but Cosworx is in Nevada and Amphigory is somewhere around the Great Lakes so it's to be expected.  That and you can get wigs at Amphigory that you can't get at Cosworx and vice versa.  Both are good sites to keep in mind.  </ramble>
Also, they order the wig after you say you want one.  It's sort of a complicated process that confused me at first, but it's easy to get used to.

If you order it now, you'll have plenty of time for shipping - it'd probably get to you around mid-August, if I'm guessing right.  If you want to be really safe, though, you can always tell them you have a deadline that's before the con.  =]
I got Mana, Aki, and Rally from them and each took maybe three weeks or so.

And thank you  :D
You haven't played Wheelie Breakers? Aww, man...maybe someone should make a thread about it in the gaming forum, or mention it at the next meeting(s). :) If they said we could, I would totally donate my copy for use!

When I realized just how familar the Ushio in 5D's was to the one in the original series, I was like...whoa. XD! It was kind of...spooky.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much! ;D I shouldn't have just assumed that the only wigs I could purchase online would be through Paypal. I showed my mother both wigs, and she was just like, "Order the first one! It's perfect! Order it! Order it!" So, I'm ordering the first one. :D After looking at the picture of the styled white wig, I'm feeling pretty confident about this wig! If I can get it similar to that, this will be really cool! :) Thank you!

I just sent my order...should I send my payment right now, also, or should I wait until they send me an e-mail back? Like, probably confirming my order, or something...this is what they say after I'm about to confirm my payment:

"After you submit your order, we will review your order and write you back, generally within 24 hours of you placing your order."

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2009, 03:18:21 pm »
You haven't played Wheelie Breakers? Aww, man...maybe someone should make a thread about it in the gaming forum, or mention it at the next meeting(s). :) If they said we could, I would totally donate my copy for use!

When I realized just how familar the Ushio in 5D's was to the one in the original series, I was like...whoa. XD! It was kind of...spooky.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much! ;D I shouldn't have just assumed that the only wigs I could purchase online would be through Paypal. I showed my mother both wigs, and she was just like, "Order the first one! It's perfect! Order it! Order it!" So, I'm ordering the first one. :D After looking at the picture of the styled white wig, I'm feeling pretty confident about this wig! If I can get it similar to that, this will be really cool! :) Thank you!

I just sent my order...should I send my payment right now, also, or should I wait until they send me an e-mail back? Like, probably confirming my order, or something...this is what they say after I'm about to confirm my payment:

"After you submit your order, we will review your order and write you back, generally within 24 hours of you placing your order."
Nope, I haven't, but I do have the Japanese guidebook for it.  xD  It looks fun~

"...Didn't Dark Yuugi make you go insane?!  D:"  Well, he must have done something right to get another role.  xD

Haha, no problem~  Glad I could help.  C:  Besides, wigs are fun and the one you're getting takes most of the work out of styling it.  I hope it turns out as you want it to~ <3

I think Amphigory has an auto-payment system - when you give them the info, you pay however much it cost.  That's what it does to me, at least.  xD  So the email they're going to send is just a receipt, pretty much.  That makes it easy on both sides.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2009, 03:54:32 pm »
Okay...So, getting back in the game!

There a party store called Party Depot, that's very simular to Party City, just cheaper.

I'm too impaciant to wait for my mom to help me with the sewing machine, so I'm actually hand sewing some on my stuff. I'm working on Mai's shirt right now, and will hopefully have it done soon.

And yeah, the Cosplay Bowling is in two weeks, the 8th. That'd be awesome to have another YGO there! And at least you'll have those two weeks to work on it. I have this week to finish it, cuz I'm off at camp next week...

I'll post pics when I'm done ^^

I'm happy that you're doing Team Sat!!! I would totally do Jack if I didn't already have 5 cosplays and actually had money ^^; But, I'll be sure to catch yous!

Kotoumi, I love that all your cosplays are from YGO!!! That's just plan amazing!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2009, 11:35:10 pm »
Nope, I haven't, but I do have the Japanese guidebook for it.  xD  It looks fun~

"...Didn't Dark Yuugi make you go insane?!  D:"  Well, he must have done something right to get another role.  xD

Haha, no problem~  Glad I could help.  C:  Besides, wigs are fun and the one you're getting takes most of the work out of styling it.  I hope it turns out as you want it to~ <3

I think Amphigory has an auto-payment system - when you give them the info, you pay however much it cost.  That's what it does to me, at least.  xD  So the email they're going to send is just a receipt, pretty much.  That makes it easy on both sides.
Wow, a guidebook? Any secrets that I need to know about? :)

Talking about the original series makes me wonder...if anyone has ever cosplayed Seto with green hair? ;D

Argh, I'm even more excited now. :) I was just working on making my vest smaller, too...I might make it a bit smaller, though, and I'd like to make the shoulder widths smaller, but I'm not sure how to do that. I also need to work on poses, and southern American and British accents...XD

Alright, I sent the payment. I hope everything works out with this wig... I agree. Wigs are very fun, especially crazy, awesome colored ones like Crow's. ^_^

I also just registered online for the convention (yes, I really hadn't until now...), so, I'm official, as long as I can find out if the ID I have is alright to use. >_>

Okay...So, getting back in the game!

There a party store called Party Depot, that's very simular to Party City, just cheaper.

I'm too impaciant to wait for my mom to help me with the sewing machine, so I'm actually hand sewing some on my stuff. I'm working on Mai's shirt right now, and will hopefully have it done soon.

And yeah, the Cosplay Bowling is in two weeks, the 8th. That'd be awesome to have another YGO there! And at least you'll have those two weeks to work on it. I have this week to finish it, cuz I'm off at camp next week...

I'm happy that you're doing Team Sat!!! I would totally do Jack if I didn't already have 5 cosplays and actually had money ^^; But, I'll be sure to catch yous!

Kotoumi, I love that all your cosplays are from YGO!!! That's just plan amazing!
Man, I forgot all about Party Depot! Thank you! I'll be sure to search for a few locations! :)

I'm impatient, also...my mother offered to help me with my vest tomorrow, but I just started without her...I got a lot done on it, too! ;D

I wonder where Beaverton is...I might go to Cosplay Bowling if my Crow wig comes in time, and if it's possible to get there without riding a bus for a long time, if at all. I'm a horrible bowler, though...I'd probably just sit and eat people's ketchup. XD! I think the place I went bowling was actually the same place where the Cosplay Bowling event will be...

And you're nice and tall, too, so you would make a cool Jack! Unlike me...5'3. ;D Maybe next year, along with Dark Signer Crow...;D

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2009, 11:49:12 pm »
Wigs are amazingly fun! Until you're covered in wig fibers...That's not that fun...

I just finished my Mai shirt! My fingers are killing me, but it was worth it!
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Me%20Myself%20and%20I/Cosplay/Mai%20Valentine/Maishirt001.jpg
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Me%20Myself%20and%20I/Cosplay/Mai%20Valentine/Maishirt002.jpg

Now, I just need to hem the vest and skirt and practice wearing the stupid thing, and I'm all set!

Well, it depends on where the bowling's at. We haven't really decided if it'll be at Sunset Lanes in Beaverton, or the other that's in Hillboro...And we haven't even decided a time yet...

Well, I'd have to be the tallest? Right? Though at only 5'6"...We're gonna be the shortest team Sat. ever...lol
We should totally do two groups together! Team Sat. and the Dark Signers!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2009, 11:55:40 pm »
Wow, you did such a great job on the shirt! ;D It's so nice!

I'm not sure where Hillsboro is, either (...even though I was born there...), but, I'll look it up. If Hillsboro happens to be closer, I'll try to urge people to have the meet there. ;D

You're taller than me. That's all I have to say...XD We don't have to be perfect, either...who knows, when I end up cosplaying Jack, I could still be 5'3. ;D Maybe I'll even shrink to 5'0.

Dude, that would be awesome! We'll have a portion of Team Satisfaction this year (or, maybe all of it...who knows ;D), and we could plan Dark Signers for next year! I don't know which Dark Signer I would be, though... >_>

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2009, 12:05:35 am »
Thanks! I'm so happy with how it turned out!!!!

I don't know.....We can only hope.

Meh, that's what platforms are for! And I guess size doesn't matter, but it's always nice to get the right heights!

Well, we could do Team Sat. as the Dark Signers: http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x181/MaxloveMao/yugioh%205d/CA0IYP6B.jpg
That'd actually be cool. First day be as Team Sat, then second day be Dark Team Sat!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2009, 12:18:43 am »

I'll keep an eye on it, then.  :D  Have fun at camp~

Aaaand looking at the pictures you posted, that's really well done, especially for hand-sewn.  :D

It really doesn't help that I've wanted one of those vests since episode 33!  xD  They just look so fun to wear~

...Maybe crazy is a better word for it.  xD

Wow, a guidebook? Any secrets that I need to know about? :)

Talking about the original series makes me wonder...if anyone has ever cosplayed Seto with green hair? ;D

Argh, I'm even more excited now. :) I was just working on making my vest smaller, too...I might make it a bit smaller, though, and I'd like to make the shoulder widths smaller, but I'm not sure how to do that. I also need to work on poses, and southern American and British accents...XD

Alright, I sent the payment. I hope everything works out with this wig... I agree. Wigs are very fun, especially crazy, awesome colored ones like Crow's. ^_^

I also just registered online for the convention (yes, I really hadn't until now...), so, I'm official, as long as I can find out if the ID I have is alright to use. >_>
Maybe~  It mostly talks about the characters and stages - completely in Japanese, so it would take me forever to translate it anyway.  xD

I've seen it before, floating around the internet!  It was a while ago, and I lost the links, but Green-haired Kaiba is out there somewhere.

Poses are so much fun to try.  :D  I end up trying some every time I'm around a mirror now.  xD

One of my favorite wigs to wear right now is Rally.  It's such a huge, curly mess and it bounces like crazy whenever it moves!  Thankfully, it makes me feel like a hyper little kid.  xD  The craziest wigs seem to be the most fun...

\o/  Yay!

Also, I'm about 5'4".  xD  At least YuGiOh is friendly to the vertically challenged?  8D

RE: Dark Signers - I'd love to get in on a group.  |D  It's just that the thought of wearing sclera contacts freaks me out.  xD  I guess there's always Photoshop, though...

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2009, 12:34:43 am »
Thanks! I'm so happy with how it turned out!!!!

I don't know.....We can only hope.

Meh, that's what platforms are for! And I guess size doesn't matter, but it's always nice to get the right heights!

Well, we could do Team Sat. as the Dark Signers: http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x181/MaxloveMao/yugioh%205d/CA0IYP6B.jpg
That'd actually be cool. First day be as Team Sat, then second day be Dark Team Sat!

Stilts, too! ;D I've seen people use stilts before...I'd be needing some of those if I did Jack. ;D At least, I think the guy I saw was using stilts...

That would be really cool! ;D If we can get a Dark Signer Kiryu (-wiggles eyebrows-), and then a Dark Signer Yuusei (-wiggles eyebrows once again-), then the only people we'd need would be Crow and Jack. ;D Would you still want to be Crow? If so, I might look into Jack stuff. (I found a great costume a few weeks ago [that I could magically dye black and that cool dark red...actually, you know, that might not be too hard to do!], and I could look more into wig commissions.) And, magical-cosplay-tallness, of course. ;D If you'd be interested in Jack, though, I might be able to help you pay for your cosplay, since most of my money for next year wouldn't be used...if I don't buy those contacts, though, I suppose.

Looking at the picture...what differences to regular and Dark Signer can you notice? More pale, the eyes (scary, scary, scary contacts, scary! BLINDNESS.), red marks (instead of yellow), darker clothing with different marks... I'd just like to be sure, so I can possibly sketch out some plans. :)

Also, I have a question about my Crow shirt...it's a yellow t-shirt... If you need a picture reference, it's like this:

http://www.gotmojo.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/530x495/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/y/e/yellow.gif

Should I cut off the sleeves?

Maybe~  It mostly talks about the characters and stages - completely in Japanese, so it would take me forever to translate it anyway.  xD

I've seen it before, floating around the internet!  It was a while ago, and I lost the links, but Green-haired Kaiba is out there somewhere.

Poses are so much fun to try.  :D  I end up trying some every time I'm around a mirror now.  xD

One of my favorite wigs to wear right now is Rally.  It's such a huge, curly mess and it bounces like crazy whenever it moves!  Thankfully, it makes me feel like a hyper little kid.  xD  The craziest wigs seem to be the most fun...

\o/  Yay!

Also, I'm about 5'4".  xD  At least YuGiOh is friendly to the vertically challenged?  8D

RE: Dark Signers - I'd love to get in on a group.  |D  It's just that the thought of wearing sclera contacts freaks me out.  xD  I guess there's always Photoshop, though...
Aww! That would be a cool thing to own, anyways. ;D

Really?! I should Google it, or search for it on Cosplay.com...;D That's so cool!

I think wearing my Crow cosplay is going to make me feel like a hyper little kid. I think that's why it's the costume that I'm looking forward to the most, because I feel like I'll be able to be more of myself, unlike with Bakura and Johan. Your Rally wig seems like it would be really fun to wear! ;D

Yeah, I've seen a Dark Signer Carly use Photoshop to color her eyes...Those contacts are really expensive! My cosplay budget next year might be about two-fifty, so, if the shipping prices aren't insane, and I can find out how to learn to use contacts, and not fear them, I might consider it...My dad would kill me. ;D He told me that he's scared of my wigs, so, I couldn't even imagine how he'd react to those contacts...probably make me take them out. >_> I wouldn't be afraid of wearing colored contacts like that...my issue would be with putting them in...

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2009, 12:44:57 am »
Yeah. I'm not too confident on wearing contacts, but I'll probably force myself to do it, just so I can do it in the future...Thank God for Photoshop though!

I might actually sew the other parts of Mai's outfit, just because I'm very impaciant....And then I would have it all done by tomorrow! Yays! I just might do that ^^
And of course I'll get pictures up!

I'd like to be Crow, but it would be easier to be Jack, since I'll already have the wig...So, I'd probably just stay with Jack, and you can be Crow!

Yeah, you should cut the sleeves, since they don't show under his vest. And I truly don't think there's much difference of their outfits...We could probably make our own designs with the capey things and stuff...?

Oh! And btw...

http://boogiepop-phantom.deviantart.com/art/Screw-the-Rules-65756478
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2009, 10:26:21 am »
I wouldn't even be sure how to do it in Photoshop...Some kind of...color-over, or something? Well, I'd probably just leave that kind of stuff to the smarter people...;D

I'm really impatient right now, too, but I need glue, and now, black paint. I might go on a romping search...

Alright! :) I'll sketch out both costumes, just in case!

For Dark Signer Crow...hm. I would probably end up making or getting another vest... Just a brown one, this time. Well, would we literally be Dark Signer Team Satisfaction, wearing the vests, or would we be wearing our character's usual clothing? If we all wore the vests, maybe we could brainstorm together the colors and design, so that they would actually remotely look alike. XD If we did that, I could make a new vest for Team Satisfaction, and the one I have right now could be modified to be used for Crow's regular vest.

Oh, and...those pictures are mintage. :) Yay, for green haired Seto!

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2009, 02:31:44 pm »
Also, I have a question about my Crow shirt...it's a yellow t-shirt... If you need a picture reference, it's like this:

http://www.gotmojo.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/530x495/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/y/e/yellow.gif

Should I cut off the sleeves?
Seconding the yes on that - just don't forget to re-hem after that.  =]

Aww! That would be a cool thing to own, anyways. ;D

Really?! I should Google it, or search for it on Cosplay.com...;D That's so cool!

I think wearing my Crow cosplay is going to make me feel like a hyper little kid. I think that's why it's the costume that I'm looking forward to the most, because I feel like I'll be able to be more of myself, unlike with Bakura and Johan. Your Rally wig seems like it would be really fun to wear! ;D

Yeah, I've seen a Dark Signer Carly use Photoshop to color her eyes...Those contacts are really expensive! My cosplay budget next year might be about two-fifty, so, if the shipping prices aren't insane, and I can find out how to learn to use contacts, and not fear them, I might consider it...My dad would kill me. ;D He told me that he's scared of my wigs, so, I couldn't even imagine how he'd react to those contacts...probably make me take them out. >_> I wouldn't be afraid of wearing colored contacts like that...my issue would be with putting them in...
That would be the reason why I got it, yes.  xD

I wouldn't doubt that.  xD  Crow is pretty hyper, after all.  ...Oh man, it'll be hard to stay in character as Aki at a con, I just realized.  orz  In pictures wouldn't be a problem, but it's the photo-snipers I'd have to look out for...

I'm trying to talk my parents into letting me get brown contacts for Aki since my eyes are kind of gray-green, but they're worried I wouldn't be able to get any in my prescription.  =/  And when I told them I'd found some that would change my eye color as much as I wanted it to, came in the powers I needed, and was pretty cheap...they had to go on about astigmatism.  ._.  And how I'd have to go for a contact appointment to get my base curve measured.  And I told them that's what I asked them for in the first place, because I know it's illegal to buy non-prescription contacts.  They still won't listen to me.  8|
Long story short, I probably wouldn't be able to get scleras anyway, considering they're not giving in on getting me normal-sized color contacts.  xD  (What really makes it frustrating is that my mom is the one who suggested I try contacts in the first place, years ago.  Plus I'm 18 and they should be letting me make these decisions for myself.  B|)

My mom is afraid of my wigs.  More specifically, my wig heads.  (And considering I have about 8 now...)  xD  If Dad is, too, he's not letting on.  He just listens and seems interested in my rambling.

ANYWAY.  Rambling aside...

I could probably photoshop it, if it has to happen.  I haven't had much practice with eyes, but I could try.

And since I'd already have the wig by then, I volunteer myself for Dark Kiryu  xD  Either that, if we're still talking Dark Team, or Misty if we're just doing Darkies in general.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2009, 11:39:00 pm »
I actually cut the sleeves of Crow's shirt a little bit away from where the sleeves are sewed to the body of the shirt...if that makes sense? (I could try to take a picture if it doesn't.) I also don't have yellow thread (of all the colors...), but, if you still recommend it, I could try to find some.

Thanks for seconding Crow's hyperactivity. ;D I want to prepare a few people for the craziness that is to come. I'll try to contain myself, but...I'm not sure how well that will end up working. :D Yeah, I imagine that it would be hard to stay in character with Aki all of the time...I'm sure it's okay to go out of character, though, right? ;D

What are photo-snipers? People who take your picture without asking, and you probably don't even end up noticing that they did it, because they're sneaky...?

It's illegal to buy non-prescription contacts? If I bought sclera contacts (or any contacts for cosplaying, really), I would probably end up going to an eye doctor, even if the contacts-seller said that I didn't need to...I do need those measurements, too... "Base curve..." I'm not even sure what that is. :D

That is ridiculous, though, that your mother suggested that you try contacts, and that you're eighteen, and yet they don't let you make your own decisions. >_> When I'm eighteen, my parents are probably going to end up being like that, too, but I'm just going to continue to buy my "scary" wigs, and maybe even "super scary" contacts, anyways. :)

I need two more wig heads...one for Johan, and one for Crow. It can be kind of difficult working with just one. And, on the note of Crow's wig...I've been wondering if I should somehow...connect the head-band to the wig? It might look better, and/or stay better... This thought was kind of confirmed this afternoon when I watched bloopers of a Team Satisfaction video, and Crow's wig flew off, and the head-band and wig were connected.

Hooray for volunteerism! I think we're planning Dark Signer Team Satisfaction, but, I personally welcome any Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplays. ;D I'm sure everyone else does, also.

If you end up doing Kiryu this year, do you already have a wig that could work? Or, would you end up having to order one?

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2009, 12:15:24 am »
It's just so the fabric wouldn't fray much.  :3  Not a huge deal, but it would probably last a bit longer.  Maybe you could use tan or something instead?

xD  Well it's true.  It's one of his main personality points, other than "I have pet orphans" and comic-relief arrogance~
I've roleplayed as Aki for about 10 months now, so it's not too hard for me to get in character anymore.  xD  But it's still hard to practice poses in mirrors going all *seriousface* without cracking up.

Yep, pretty much.  Photo-snipers tend to be the ones who take candid shots, often from a place where you can't see them.  But quite a few of them are considerate enough to take down pictures if you ask.  =]

So I've heard.  Non-prescription contacts are potentially dangerous, and they can cause damage especially if the base curve doesn't match your eye - so even if it's not illegal and I just read something wrong, it's still a really bad idea.  Base curve is just pretty much the arch of the lens.  C:

I think they said it had something to do with the insurance we have, which only covers once every two years.  I don't remember when I got my glasses updated, though, but even if it's next year I don't think my prescription will change enough to get new lenses.  That way, I could get contacts instead.  *shrug*

Wigs are so addictive  x_X  It is hard working with more wigs than heads, though.  As for the headband, you could if you think it would help.  I'm thinking of doing that with Rally's hat.  :D
The bloopers for "Satisfy Me" by Malindachan?  8D  It was even funnier that he didn't really notice until he saw it there.  xD

Oh, trust me.  If my cosplay to-do list is any indication, I'll be wearing new YGO costumes to every con for the next four years or so.  xD

I'd have to get one.  The closest I have a bleach-blonde wig, but Kiryu's hair is more silvery-blue.  :3  Thankfully shorter wigs are the cheapest.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2009, 08:04:06 am »
Yeah, hmm, you're right. I'll look for some thread that could work. ;D

I'm bad at serious faces, too...I'm just so...smile-y. I'm going to end up making my evil Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplays seem like good guys.

A photo-sniper probably wouldn't bother me, personally...It would be better, I'm sure, for a photographer to ask for a photo, so the person can pose, and stuff, but, other than that...why do people get so worked up over people taking their picture without asking, anyways? It means that they like your cosplay, but maybe they're too shy to ask for a picture, or they don't want to intrude on what you're doing, or you look like you're in a hurry to go someplace.

Yeah, non-prescription contacts seem like they would be a bad idea...Too bad I don't wear glasses, then.

Wearing the headband, it's like...Crow wears it pretty far up the forehead, so his mark can show, so, yeah, I think it would help the wig stay if I somehow connected them. I wore my Johan wig with the headband as a test, and the wig was really loose. I wonder how I would connect the wig and headband together, though... Glue? XD

Yes, the bloopers for "Satisfy Me!" Aww, man, he's just, like, "Yeah, that was great!" and then someone's is all, "Hair exploded!" and everyone is just laughing...My favorite part of the original video is when Crow is rolling that round thing around, and "I'll Make a Man Out of You" starts playing. Another great part of the bloopers video is when Crow is singing! ;D Oh, man...I hope we have as much fun at KumoriCon, or, better yet, even more. ;D

Yeah, I'll probably be cosplaying Yu-Gi-Oh! for quite a while, also...there are other series that I'm kind of inspired to cosplay, but, with Yu-Gi-Oh!, I don't know...it's just different, somehow. Yu-Gi-Oh! inspires me on such a greater level than any other anime right now...

Dude, didn't I just order Crow's wig yesterday? I got an e-mail yesterday with a tracking number, and I went to check it out, and it said that the estimated delivery date would be July thirty-first. I just checked the same page, and it has already been shipped! It departed from Illinois about an hour ago. This is kind of trippy...

I wonder who would have a good Kiryu wig...I really hope that you end up cosplaying him! ;D

The wigs you've ordered from Amphigory...have they had a wig-net in them? (For some reason, I feel like the Crow wig might not have one.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:58:52 am by Akesukeru »

Offline Kayani_Neko

• Catgirl
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2009, 08:36:18 am »
So yeah. I'm going to be Divine. Simple as that. You can take, or you can just throw it right on back.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2009, 01:16:05 pm »
Well, I was thinking of doing different designs, so they would all have the capes/cloaks, since the original Dark Signers all do.

Found this pic of Crow: http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Cosplay%20refs/Yu-Gi-Oh/3633544_m.jpg
So something like that, as an idea...?

I need two more wig heads...I'm hoping to get them either today or tomorrow...

I scared my mom once when I came out of my room wearing my Roxas wig...And I scared my sister with my Sven wig (lol green hair)

I'm so excited! I'm gonna finish Mai's outfit today! And I'm going over to my Joey's house to style that wig and help her finish her shirt! *does little dance* Sqwee~ I wish it was con time already...

Yays! A Divine! I'll be hunting you down!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2009, 01:25:04 pm »
Serious faces are just so hilarious sometimes!

They don't really bother me, either; sometimes they get some of the better shots.  It's just that you can never tell when they're around.  xD  (Especially since I've photo-sniped before 8U;; )

Well, if you really want some you could probably get an eye appointment anyway.  They make unpowered lenses, but it's a good idea to know your eye measurements before getting any.  If that makes sense.

You could sew it on.  :3

Yeah, they really know how to have fun at a con.  xD  Generally, though, I think that if you believe it'll be fun, it will be.  Especially if you hang out with people.  :D

I think it might have to do with nostalgia.  I've noticed that especially with the original YGO cast-cosplayers get attention because there are so few of them.  (Then again, people recognized my Mana cosplay more at SakuraCon this year than KumoriCon last year, so it might just have to do with con size.)

Whoah, that's the fastest shipping I've heard from them!  xD  You must be one of the lucky ones~

I looked around the interwebs last night and came up with at least two options...Cosworx's Wisp in white or silver/gray, and this one if I trim it a little.  I wish the second had more pictures in the daylight to get a better idea of the color...

Yep, they do. =]

So yeah. I'm going to be Divine. Simple as that. You can take, or you can just throw it right on back.
<3~

*glues self to*

Well, I was thinking of doing different designs, so they would all have the capes/cloaks, since the original Dark Signers all do.

Found this pic of Crow: http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Cosplay%20refs/Yu-Gi-Oh/3633544_m.jpg

I scared my mom once when I came out of my room wearing my Roxas wig...And I scared my sister with my Sven wig (lol green hair)

I'm so excited! I'm gonna finish Mai's outfit today! And I'm going over to my Joey's house to style that wig and help her finish her shirt! *does little dance* Sqwee~ I wish it was con time already...

xD  It kind of looks like Crow swiped some of Kiryu's DS clothes.  But another idea is switching up the Earthbound Gods, like some people I know on LJ did - Crow got Aslla Piscu, which is orange.  Same color scheme, pretty much.  But then something in canon happened...I don't know how many episodes you've seen, so I won't give spoilers.  =x
OR.  You could just choose another Nazca line and make it up.  xD

xD  My mom is most afraid of...I think my Yukina wig.  Bright blue, ohyes.  C:

\o/ Hooray for progress!  I hope all goes well with the rest~

Aaaand I think my cosplay schedule will be something like this:

Saturday:  Rally
Sunday:  Aki
Monday:  Kiryu; Aki for photoshoot

Mana will be a backup and my Monday morning if I don't finish Kiryu.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Kayani_Neko

• Catgirl
« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2009, 02:05:29 pm »
That's right. You'll never catch me, I'm like Waldo. <3

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2009, 02:12:15 pm »
That's right. You'll never catch me, I'm like Waldo. <3
Except that I kind of.

<3~

*glues self to*

DID.

|D

My Diviiiiiine~ <3

We should...probably get together and work on stuff when the weather cools down a bit.  :C

KumoriCon 2014

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2009, 02:32:28 pm »
You gonna be there for the photoshoot?

And I think either of the wigs would work.

lol Blue hair!!!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2009, 09:31:21 pm »

Holy holy things that are holy...That picture of Crow is so awesome! ;D Even though it's really hot, I'm going to start sketching that out! I wonder how long the cape actually is...and, it's probably gravity-defying, too, right? So, it would probably need some kind of wire sewed in to keep its shape...

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the rest of Team Satisfaction as Dark Signers, would you? ;D It's alright if you don't...I would just like a general idea of what we'd be dealing with.

Once my Crow wig gets here, I plan on wearing what I have so far of the costume, and walking into my brother's room. (My wigs amuse him greatly.) Maybe video-tape his reaction, if I can get a camera! ;D

Good luck! I wish it were con time, too! :D We have about a month!

Serious faces are just so hilarious sometimes!

They don't really bother me, either; sometimes they get some of the better shots.  It's just that you can never tell when they're around.  xD  (Especially since I've photo-sniped before 8U;; )

Well, if you really want some you could probably get an eye appointment anyway.  They make unpowered lenses, but it's a good idea to know your eye measurements before getting any.  If that makes sense.

You could sew it on.  :3

Yeah, they really know how to have fun at a con.  xD  Generally, though, I think that if you believe it'll be fun, it will be.  Especially if you hang out with people.  :D

I think it might have to do with nostalgia.  I've noticed that especially with the original YGO cast-cosplayers get attention because there are so few of them.  (Then again, people recognized my Mana cosplay more at SakuraCon this year than KumoriCon last year, so it might just have to do with con size.)

Whoah, that's the fastest shipping I've heard from them!  xD  You must be one of the lucky ones~

I looked around the interwebs last night and came up with at least two options...Cosworx's Wisp in white or silver/gray, and this one if I trim it a little.  I wish the second had more pictures in the daylight to get a better idea of the color...

Yep, they do. =]
I'll probably sew the wig to the head-band...thank you! ;D

Yeah, that makes sense...does an appointment cost money, though? They do, don't they, even if you have insurance? D: Ack.

The only time I officially plan to hang out with people is going to be at the photoshoot. Saturday and Sunday might be really boring without anyone, and then Monday will just be amazing...I hope I'll find some Yu-Gi-Oh! people to amuse, though, or something. ;D

Maybe they shipped so fast because they haven't had a lot of work to do lately, because a lot of the biggest conventions are done for the year...then again, cosplay is the kind of thing that never, ever sleeps. XD

The second wig looks cool! I think I've ordered from the seller before...maybe you could ask if they could take a few more pictures for you, or something.

xD  It kind of looks like Crow swiped some of Kiryu's DS clothes.  But another idea is switching up the Earthbound Gods, like some people I know on LJ did - Crow got Aslla Piscu, which is orange.  Same color scheme, pretty much.  But then something in canon happened...I don't know how many episodes you've seen, so I won't give spoilers.  =x
OR.  You could just choose another Nazca line and make it up.  xD

xD  My mom is most afraid of...I think my Yukina wig.  Bright blue, ohyes.  C:

\o/ Hooray for progress!  I hope all goes well with the rest~

Aaaand I think my cosplay schedule will be something like this:

Saturday:  Rally
Sunday:  Aki
Monday:  Kiryu; Aki for photoshoot

Mana will be a backup and my Monday morning if I don't finish Kiryu.
I was just reading a book about Nazca lines! I guess it might help that I know the history of them a bit...interesting. ;D You wouldn't happen to have any screen-caps/pictures, would you? I am personally watching through 5D's again, but it'll be a while until I get to any of the Dark Signer episodes. If I did a costume like in the picture...maybe an orange trim, instead of blue...that might be cool...

I'll probably cosplay in order, so, your schedule sounds good! I hope I can stalk you down as Kiryu...I'll be angry if I can't. We must...do Team Satisfaction stuff! We can do the Oregonian version of what Team Satisfaction does, and...plant some trees! Whether you finish Kiryu or not, I hope you end up bringing/wearing Mana for at least a sliver of time...I'd like to see her! ;D

Edit, like, three days later than original post: I keep running outside whenever I hear a truck pass by. My wig is supposed to be here anytime from nine in the morning, until seven in the evening. According to the tracking number, it's in the city, and is "out for delivery." Ack. I want it to get here. If it gets here before too late in the afternoon, I wanted to force my friend into my Bakura cosplay, and take pictures of us doing stupid stuff.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:49:44 pm by Akesukeru »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #247 on: July 31, 2009, 01:48:22 pm »
But stupid stuffs tis fun!!!

Yeah. I guess just look at the other DS, cause I'm sure the capes will be the same.

I would love to see Mana!!! And Kiryu...And just EVERYONE!!!!!! Gah! *dies*

Anywho. I finally finished Mai!!! I love how it turned out. I just need to work with my wig some more, to give it a little more volume and it keeps trying to eat my face...again
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/nekovamp13/Me%20Myself%20and%20I/Cosplay/Mai%20Valentine/Cosplaychesss003.jpg
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #248 on: July 31, 2009, 02:16:29 pm »
My wig came! I literally heard the package being placed on the porch, and I ran for my life. XD It's brighter (and not as tall) as I expected, but, it will work, I guess. ;D I hope my friend gets online soon, so we can deviously plan...I'll definitely need to sew the hair and headband together, though...

Argh, that looks awesome! I hope I end up going to the cosplay bowling event, and I hope that you go as Mai! ;D

Now all of my stuff for cosplay (other than Johan's costume), is in my hands, and how pro-active I can make said hands...^_^

Offline Shingami_lover

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Facebook
« Reply #249 on: August 01, 2009, 02:32:32 pm »
On the second day you should find Joey and me dueling it out an hour or two before the dance!!! With a special ending that Mutt is going down again!

~ The one and only ~ Duke Devlin
~2016~
Sasuke Uchiha, Kanda Yuu
Touka, Michiru,
and Haha

~Panels~
Anime Court 16, 14, 13 - Chess Master 2014

DicePanda Cosplay, Cosplayers of Oregon, Brothers United Productions