Author Topic: SAY almost ANYTHING WE WANT TO!  (Read 2157134 times)

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: SAY almost ANYTHING WE WANT TO!
« Reply #20550 on: April 10, 2011, 02:34:28 am »
Just got back from a show at The Branks in Portland.  The old Satyricon closed down and the people moved to a new location on 2nd Ave. The last 3 shows I went to were all pretty big bills (Dir En Grey/Apocalyptica, Swallow the Sun/Orphaned Land/Katatonia, and Rotten Sound/Ensiferum/Finntroll.)  So, it was nice to go to a smaller, albeit in a more suspect area, venue to see some local bands rip it up. =)  Also, I jumped in the mosh pit for a little bit at the end.  It was fun.  ^^

And, uh, I guess I'm 26 as of a couple hours ago. xD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20551 on: April 10, 2011, 02:38:21 am »
Dir En Grey/Apocalyptica, Rotten Sound/Ensiferum/Finntroll
Holly hell, I miss these guys so much. I really do belong in Portland. o_o
But...But....You don't look a day over 23! :3
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #20552 on: April 10, 2011, 02:41:03 am »
Faith healing is considered child neglect by Oregon law now.

This I am very happy for.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #20553 on: April 10, 2011, 05:50:45 am »
Faith healing is considered child neglect by Oregon law now.

As it should be!

Agreed.

I just don't get it... wouldn't you want to do EVERYTHING in your power to save your child, even if it conflicts with your belief system?

Admitting even the possibility that your belief system is wrong requires swallowing your pride in those beliefs. It can be harder to admit you could be wrong when you've been vehemently insisting how right you are in the face of others telling you you're not... i.e. the more obvious it is that you're wrong, the harder it is to admit it.

And sadly, some people get locked in that loop until they've sacrificed their child for the sake of their pride. =/

Even though they "didn't mean to", it's still willful disregard for human life, the same as if they chose to drive drunk and killed someone without "meaning to". The fact it's their own child makes it all the more horrible, it doesn't excuse it or mean they've "suffered enough". This isn't ancient Rome - their child's life was not their property to keep or destroy. And their child's life didn't have less value than an adult's, something I wish lawmakers and judges would consider when they make physical and sexual abuse by family carry considerably less weight than assault or rape.

Sorry about that... when it comes to this subject, I can get more than a bit ranty.  :-[
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20554 on: April 10, 2011, 10:07:29 am »
But...But....You don't look a day over 23! :3

Actually most people seem to think I'm ~20.  ^^;;  Must be my youthful vibe.  Or something.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20555 on: April 10, 2011, 10:18:05 am »
Actually most people seem to think I'm ~20.  ^^;;  Must be my youthful vibe.  Or something.
Great. :3

Right now I just want to turn plaid and implode. I don't give a good god damn about republicans or the education system. Both are equally screwed. I don't care who is cutting what or where. It's not what I'm trying to think about when I'm trying to mend something very critical right now.

I ****ing hate my family. They never shut their mouths long enough for me to hear myself think. >.<'

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20556 on: April 10, 2011, 11:10:54 am »
Weekend so far:

Babysitting
Sleepover
Baking cookies
Bestie's drunk parents coming back from a party super late
essay
math homework

Oh joy lol, what next? XD
I miss 2010.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20557 on: April 10, 2011, 11:21:01 am »
Bahhhhbahbahbah Glee come faster

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20558 on: April 10, 2011, 11:27:59 am »

Pretty sure I left you a threatening voicemail... ANSWER YOUR PHONE. :P
I miss 2010.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20559 on: April 10, 2011, 11:28:56 am »

Pretty sure I left you a threatening voicemail... ANSWER YOUR PHONE. :P
HMMMMM WELL MAYBE UH call me again and I might ;D

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #20560 on: April 10, 2011, 12:18:46 pm »
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
WANT NEW GLEE NAO
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20561 on: April 10, 2011, 01:36:31 pm »
Erg me too! Just had an hour long phone conversation about glee. XD
I miss 2010.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #20562 on: April 10, 2011, 02:50:57 pm »
QUESTION for past Kumoricon goers..... (as I forget) xD

What time does the convention usually end on the last day? Around 3:00pm or 5:00pm when closing ceremonies is over? (not counting Rant and Rave) Trying to figure out how many days to get at the hotel... we usually just stay another night to not deal with checking out at the same time as everyone else but may not be able to do that this year for money reasons.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20563 on: April 10, 2011, 03:17:51 pm »
;-; -places phone in box- 4 year old stepped on phone and killed it

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20564 on: April 10, 2011, 03:30:43 pm »
For some reason, lately i've been wanting to see old friends that i haven't hung out with in a long time. You know, those friends that you used to love hanging out with but then just slowley grew appart because of different intrests or whatever else. I know it would be really awkward talking to them again after what...a year of not seeing them. But i still think it would be nice to see what they're up too, even if we don't become good friends again. I just don't want to feel as though i'm completely ignoring them.
Has anyone else had this feeling?

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20565 on: April 10, 2011, 03:42:53 pm »

What time does the convention usually end on the last day? Around 3:00pm or 5:00pm when closing ceremonies is over? (not counting Rant and Rave) Trying to figure out how many days to get at the hotel... we usually just stay another night to not deal with checking out at the same time as everyone else but may not be able to do that this year for money reasons.

Pretty sure it's around 5 pm
I miss 2010.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #20566 on: April 10, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »
For some reason, lately i've been wanting to see old friends that i haven't hung out with in a long time. You know, those friends that you used to love hanging out with but then just slowley grew appart because of different intrests or whatever else. I know it would be really awkward talking to them again after what...a year of not seeing them. But i still think it would be nice to see what they're up too, even if we don't become good friends again. I just don't want to feel as though i'm completely ignoring them.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this feeling only grows stronger and more common as you get older. (Sometimes it has good results though.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20567 on: April 11, 2011, 01:15:52 am »

Pretty sure it's around 5 pm

I believe that this is correct.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20568 on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:05 am »
My poor wittle baby boy hurt his left front paw. :c :c :c He's been limping around and won't put any weight on it if he isn't moving. He has an appointment today at 6 pm. Think good thoughts for him please! :c
I miss 2010.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #20569 on: April 11, 2011, 04:58:52 pm »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this feeling only grows stronger and more common as you get older. (Sometimes it has good results though.)

It's true.... in the almost 3 years since I've graduated school I've found myself in this situation more and more often. I've found thought that even though touching base with an old friend may seem akward, that occasionally saying hi can really make you feel good, and can actually help give some closure in the case of friendships that sort of end for no discernible reason. Sorry if that didn't really make sense. LoL.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:00:21 pm by Dubaby »
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #20570 on: April 11, 2011, 05:25:11 pm »

It's true.... in the almost 3 years since I've graduated school I've found myself in this situation more and more often. I've found thought that even though touching base with an old friend may seem akward, that occasionally saying hi can really make you feel good, and can actually help give some closure in the case of friendships that sort of end for no discernible reason. Sorry if that didn't really make sense. LoL.

I am 29 now. I SUPER miss old friends. I Super miss high school where I saw them almost every day. I miss hanging out with Casey, a friend who was home schooled. I miss watching my crush play magic during lunch. I miss Chess club peoples and Drama and choir and art and writing club peoples. I miss some of my teachers a lot too. Only friends I still know from when I was younger is David (high school friend), Scott (high school crush, and was friends with David.), and I found two old middle school friends on facebook, but have not talked much. But Scott and David live in CO, so other then facebook I don't really see them and can't do the fun hanging out with them I use to be able to.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #20571 on: April 11, 2011, 08:16:09 pm »
Hey lass didn't you say you were moving to Colorado or something?
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #20572 on: April 12, 2011, 01:21:34 am »
Why do I always giggle when I so boys do the Nobody dance?
http://youtu.be/Vn6unSl-9X4

1000000 times better then I can. but still... makes me giggle when boys do it.

This one will always be my fav. My dad showed me it. ^^
http://youtu.be/MF6wDeD-l4s

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #20573 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:27 pm »
I'm kind of the opposite of you guys. I'm done with highschool for the most part. There's some that I was really good friends with and now I just have nothing in common with them. I just don't know what to talk about, and that's rare for me. I guess I'm okay with the idea that some friendships just fade out, and that's the way it is.

For a reflection and lesson on my high school experience, folks, it is NOT COOL to bash your friends on your blog. They are your friends. If you have a problem, talk with them, no matter how hard it may be. That's a big reason why I want to put high school behind me. Being the friend who finds out that your bestie apparently likes ranting about you is a swell thing, and by swell I mean heart-smashingly awful.

That said, I should have said something. I was just passive-aggressive after bringing it up once with less than good results. I should have cut off that friendship cleanly and swiftly. There's another lesson: BEING PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE ABOUT A PROBLEM BETWEEN FRIENDS IS NOT GOOD. Passive-aggressive behavior usually has little quality results and ends up with you being more frustrated that the person causing the problem is oblivious or confused to why you are upset (I learned this especially when dealing with men).
LEARN FROM ME.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20574 on: April 12, 2011, 11:39:04 pm »
Passive-aggressive behavior usually has little quality results and ends up with you being more frustrated that the person causing the problem is oblivious or confused to why you are upset (I learned this especially when dealing with men).
LEARN FROM ME.
Sounds like you've met a lot of stupid men in your day. :3

I'm starting to distance myself again but with a Firefighter's mentality. I used to distance myself just to keep a check and balance but now I'm actually starting to devalue everyone I meet. Rather than hearing "Hey you'll never guess how this dumbass killed himself" it's more like "You'd never guess how one of my friends just completely ****ed up his life today." Try dealing with that first one all through high school and that last one after graduation. That's what makes my life so unnerving every morning. :/

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #20575 on: April 13, 2011, 11:45:23 am »
Two concerts in the span of about ten days.... April is turning out to be pretty fricken awesome!!!!!! Two Door Cinema Club was amazing last night, I want them to come back to Seattle asap!

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20576 on: April 13, 2011, 11:48:48 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kthI7SSIRi0

This is the best thing.

Seriously.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #20577 on: April 13, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »
That awkward moment when a girl you used to be with-ish says "Oh Katie, you always lose your clothes" in front of people I don't know very well D:
It is going to be...

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20578 on: April 13, 2011, 07:50:42 pm »
I just dyed my hair. No more bad roots from where the blonde grew out. :)

I had no say in the color though, my best friend and my sister collaborated against me while I sat on the floor of the aisle and contemplated my navel. I actually haven't seen the color yet because I'm "not allowed" but I can tell that it is not blonde anymore.
I miss 2010.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #20579 on: April 13, 2011, 08:08:19 pm »
SO MY SCHOOL IS A BUNCH OF DOUCHEBAGS.

The only thing that keeps me going is sak in.... one week augh.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #20580 on: April 13, 2011, 11:31:55 pm »

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20581 on: April 13, 2011, 11:39:30 pm »
PASTA!!!!!!

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #20582 on: April 13, 2011, 11:42:07 pm »
Just dyed my hair... I missed a lot in the back but then again, I can't see the back of my head so... I don't think I did too bad for my first try. My bf is going to help me fix up the back tomorrow.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #20583 on: April 14, 2011, 12:30:55 am »
Griff, just pull your hair back in a ponytail and you'll be fine ;) A girl in my class has bright pink hair on top, and her natural dark brown on the bottom. It looks pretty cool, actually.

Good luck with the patch up work, though. I hope it goes well if it looks problematic.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #20584 on: April 14, 2011, 09:23:06 am »
That awkward moment when a girl you used to be with-ish says "Oh Katie, you always lose your clothes" in front of people I don't know very well D:

Buhhhhhh..... there was a guy was sort of "with-ish" in high school who would say things like that all the time. Then again he was a jerk so that was one of the least irritating things he would do. lol. XD

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #20585 on: April 14, 2011, 10:43:40 am »
It's the most awkward thing in the worlddd.
She didn't mean it in any way besides the fact that I always lose my extra clothes on trips and stuff, but it sounded considerably less innocent when she said it xD
It is going to be...

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20586 on: April 14, 2011, 10:48:50 am »
The fact that she winked and made a nudging gesture towards you probably didn't help either . .   :D

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #20587 on: April 14, 2011, 01:16:55 pm »
Well at least she didn't mean anything bad by it! =]

My friend used to just say really vaguely inappropriate things when we were in group settings because he thought it was funny when I was embarrassed/frustrated. I lost one piece of clothing during a swimming trip gone wrong and I couldn't live it down. lmao XD

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #20588 on: April 14, 2011, 02:53:33 pm »
MORE LIKE A SWIMMING TRIP GONE RIGHT.

AMIRITE?
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #20589 on: April 14, 2011, 05:42:41 pm »
Being chased by a police boat does not equate fun swimming.... my poor young heart almost gave out. D=

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20590 on: April 14, 2011, 05:49:26 pm »
>Estimated ship date for this item: 2011-05-03
>Estimated delivery date for this item: 2011-05-13

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20591 on: April 14, 2011, 06:03:03 pm »
That's logistics. ;)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20592 on: April 14, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »
MORE LIKE A SWIMMING TRIP GONE RIGHT.

AMIRITE?
This.

WHICH PIECE OF CLOTHING? ;D
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #20593 on: April 14, 2011, 08:58:28 pm »
That will remain a mystery.... I AM A PROPER LADY!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:00:27 pm by Dubaby »

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #20594 on: April 14, 2011, 09:02:02 pm »
If you watch this, be warned, it will be the worst you've ever felt for laughing so hard at something so cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBLt6Kd9EY

Don't worry. They're fine. Baby ducks are very durable.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:04:13 pm by lychee-twist »

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20595 on: April 16, 2011, 12:28:19 am »
On a completely unrelated note to anything in this thread, I got my package of the Boogiepop Phantom Light Novels in from Amazon today, and I am as pleased as punch with myself. I don't normally collect LN's, especially when they're a part of a defunct printing (Seven Seas only released the first 4 in english), but I'm talking about BOOGIEPOP goshdarnit. It's too good to pass up.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #20596 on: April 16, 2011, 11:25:28 am »
Amazing isn't it CheshireStray how you can find just about ANYTHING on Amazon. If it hadn't been for Amazon I'd have never fiound my Collector's edition of the original Vampire Hunter D.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20597 on: April 16, 2011, 11:30:09 am »
If you watch this, be warned, it will be the worst you've ever felt for laughing so hard at something so cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBLt6Kd9EY

Don't worry. They're fine. Baby ducks are very durable.

Sort of reminds me of this.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20598 on: April 16, 2011, 11:47:23 am »
Miffed. SO miffed. URG. *mutters to self*
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #20599 on: April 16, 2011, 10:04:17 pm »
I PASSED EVERY SINGLE CLASS.
I DIDN'T EVEN GET CLOSE TO FAILING.
TWO Bs, ONE A, AND ONE C+.

It is going to be...