Author Topic: Raiding Anime Asylum  (Read 12577 times)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: Raiding Anime Asylum
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2010, 01:20:38 pm »
Gah!!!!
I'll just convince my friends to all come with me...Since I'll be at a party that day >>
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »
Lolwow.

Anime Asylum Hey everybody for some reason Anime Asylum has been getting slammed on Kumoricons forum. So could those of you who actually do like our store go to http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/ make an account and write a review. Thanks.
^From AA's Twitter

Nice way to be professional.

And just to note, if they're reading this, we're giving honest impressions and even advice, not saying we totally hate your shop.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 01:05:43 am »
Wow...

I'd actually be happy to go back. They seemed nice and they talked with all of us. There were times where it seemed like they were creeping on some of us, but I think they might've been loney or the whole "watching for thieves" thing...

But other than that, they have some great stuff, and they should be getting more. I just wish I had the money to buy all the stuff I want TT_TT
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline CassieR

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2010, 05:06:24 pm »
Update on Kumoricon Day - I've just found that the 20% off is for purchase of 20 or more.
Then again I probably couldn't send less that that on anime if I tried...

Offline Sakurakisser

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 05:53:22 pm »
i just got a cute pink shugo chara purse from there<3 mwahhaha.
"Be what you would seem to be or, if you'd like it put more simply. Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared"

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 12:01:52 am »
Lolwow.

Anime Asylum Hey everybody for some reason Anime Asylum has been getting slammed on Kumoricons forum. So could those of you who actually do like our store go to http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/ make an account and write a review. Thanks.
^From AA's Twitter

Nice way to be professional.

And just to note, if they're reading this, we're giving honest impressions and even advice, not saying we totally hate your shop.

My thoughts exactly >_>  I'm totally willing to give them another shot, I have no prejudice against them, and I am not "slamming" them "for some reason," I just gave honest feedback about my experience. I'm not trying to hurt their business, and fear of losing business is probably what is causing them to react this way.

As I said, I am willing to try again, and I will give good feedback when and where it is deserved. (Notice that I even included good feedback in my first post, along with the negative.)

I think everyone should give them a chance at least for the 20% off day, and decide for ourselves. It's obvious that they are reaching out to this community, so they do want our business. Let's at least give them that, huh?

Offline Anime Asylum

• Oni
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 11:48:42 am »
Hello everyone I am the owner of Anime Asylum. There are a few things I would like to address first of which being our selection. You should know that this store was started by two people with our own money, and in these early months we just don't have the budget to stock every single thing from every single series. For those who say our stuff is too mainstream you should be aware that without mainstream shows an anime store would not be possible. Even if you think those shows are lame they are still the top selling shows in the USA. So please lighten up on Naruto, Bleach and Death Note.

The next is our staff. There are only four people who work here. There have been people going around saying that they work here and they do not. Those people are in no way associated with this company.
The People who work here are Max, Tanisha, Blair and Miguel. If anyone else tells you they work here it is a lie, don't listen to them. Also this store has no friends as it is a store. The people hanging out are just other customers who are free to be here just as you are but if someone is ever offending you please tell the person behind the counter and we will have that person removed from the store immediately.

So here's my own review (which of of course is bias). The bad about our store: We are not corporate and cannot bombard you with an over whelming stock. The good about our store: We are not corporate, therefore when you make suggestions we actually listen. We actually have three times as much stuff as we had the day we opened. So please be patient, it can't all happen at once.

Thank you everyone for taking the time read this and if any of this seams unprofessional it's because I'm not a professional, I'm just a guy who loves anime.             

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »
-sigh- I didnt know i sounded like i was dissing your shop. In fact, I have bought several items from that shop. You are doing an excellent job with the shop. i just felt a little creeped out but I get that at every shop i go into at lloyd center. I plan on being there on saturday to get myself a wall scroll and perhaps a few plushies... along with some anime... i have lots of xmas money to spend! ^.^
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2010, 09:38:17 am »
@AA: It's funny that you say that, because I was actually going to try to special order something because you guys didn't have what I was looking for. But due to the large group of dudes hanging out at the counter that had been staring at me the entire time I was in there, I didn't feel comfortable even approaching the counter, let alone asking them anything.

Also, I did mention the fact (in my first post/review) that the selection was probably because you were a new store.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2010, 08:37:12 pm »
I came, I saw, I raided and bought stuff!
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Zaatar18

• Cabbit
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2010, 11:33:31 am »
I thought it was an excellent store staffed by really kind and helpful people who were the last to judge you no matter how geeky you are.  It was a bit small, but they're still getting things in.  I recommend that people check it out!
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »
very nice people...
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »
As always I spent plenty of time and money in the store. Max, Blair, Miguel, and Tanisha are just fun people to talk to. And they're always up for a suggestion on series to stock.

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2010, 09:37:08 pm »
yeah... i bought a mokona plushie! and they liked my shirt. (paul frank shirt that looked like he was on a drug trip) I didnt really talk much... I dont like to shop unless i have a goal...
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2010, 10:16:31 pm »
i for one have been to this store only about twice and still haven't bought anything. i went with my friend who had purchased a ramune from FYE downstairs. we came up to AA to find that they also sold them for the same price. and also had more flavors. and were cold. the thing i was most amazed about was the giant screen they had set up. they were playing some anime movie i hadn't seen yet. but i thought that was a cool feature. all of their items they had for sale were cool. but i didn't see anything i was really interested in. what was really weird was that the day i went to go see the store apparently there was a meetup at lloyd. i didn't participate i just knew it was kumoricon people. anyways. i really like the store and had a nice conversation with the people at the register. i will definatly go back when they have more in stock and more of a variety. i give the store **** out of 5