Author Topic: 2011: Hetalia & SatW (Please Post Your Photos, and Thank You! <3)  (Read 390207 times)

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
Re: 2011: Hetalia & SatW
« Reply #2050 on: July 02, 2011, 03:08:53 am »
I actually don't need to. |D I just had no idea what we were doing and if you still wanted me to do it. I can drop Kallen and move her to next year.

Ooooh. D: Alright.

EDIT: Guess what, I'm still cosplaying her. Just bought my garrison cap.  8)
ALL RIGHT~ When in doubt, ask somewhere/anywhere, but what's written down is happening no matter what. Everything else is up in the air. 8D
Except apparently, Applejack is put off until after con entirely.

Also, awesome~
-looks at signature- YeahIhaven'tupdatedthatinaboutayear. |D
xD Thenyouprobablyshould. Only, don't be like me and end up spending more time than necessary, because you think the placement is off and doesn't look right~

I'm about 6'5" to 6'6" In the boots. ^^;
I just love her outfit. I couldn't resist. I'll.... just take pictures on my knees or something.
I misread that as 5'5" to 5'6" the first time. Whoops~
I can see how
My fem boots'll only make me 6' even. Which would normally irritate me, helps me fit in better, I guess.

Also, angles and levels are godsends.
only 6'

only 6'

ONLY 6'

Shiites and Sunnis and Kurds, I need to find 5" boots now. orz THANK YOU, SHI.
I just noticed that I only deleted part of a sentance now. orz
6' IS SHORT. SHORT I TELL YOU.
Also, I can't help that the only lace-up, brown boots I could find that I was willing to pay the price for were 4".

I'd offer to lend you my 7" heels or my mom's new 8" ones, but both pairs aren't boots, and I'm sort of afraid you'd fall and hurt yourself.

So, I'm coming into this very late ... but yes ... Hi there!! I will be cosplaying as Canada... mostl likely World Conference Canada, as well as his Parka Version and Red Hoody!!!
This will be my first time at Kumori Con, so I'm pretty excited, and looking forward to meeting new people (even though I'm incredibly shy in person LOL)
My sister will be Cosplaying as Russia!
Anyway, I am excited to meet some fellow Hetalia Cosplayers from the Pacific Northwest (anyone else coming from Canada? I'm from Vancouver Island)

This actually isn't all that late. Despite what the page numbers say~
Anyways, Welcome to Kumori-Con! To the best of my knowledge, you're the only one who's stated they're coming from Canada so far.
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2051 on: July 02, 2011, 03:41:13 am »
I'm about 6'5" to 6'6" In the boots. ^^;
I just love her outfit. I couldn't resist. I'll.... just take pictures on my knees or something.
I misread that as 5'5" to 5'6" the first time. Whoops~
I can see how
My fem boots'll only make me 6' even. Which would normally irritate me, helps me fit in better, I guess.

Also, angles and levels are godsends.
only 6'

only 6'

ONLY 6'

Also, I can't help that the only lace-up, brown boots I could find that I was willing to pay the price for were 4".

I'd offer to lend you my 7" heels or my mom's new 8" ones, but both pairs aren't boots, and I'm sort of afraid you'd fall and hurt yourself.[/quote]
NO. NO IT IS NOT SHORT. IT IS TALL.

Bah. I can walk in heels. -sob- I'LL FIND MY OWN BOOTS.

Also, holy crapola Raven. YOU JUST MADE ME LOSE THE CONTEST FOR FARTHEST TRAVELED TO GO TO KUMO. FFFFF. nah it's cool you seem like a bro
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2052 on: July 02, 2011, 04:47:52 am »
Quote from: Shi_no_Akuma
only 6'

only 6'

ONLY 6'

I'd offer to lend you my 7" heels or my mom's new 8" ones, but both pairs aren't boots, and I'm sort of afraid you'd fall and hurt yourself.
NO. NO IT IS NOT SHORT. IT IS TALL.

Bah. I can walk in heels. -sob- I'LL FIND MY OWN BOOTS.

Also, holy crapola Raven. YOU JUST MADE ME LOSE THE CONTEST FOR FARTHEST TRAVELED TO GO TO KUMO. FFFFF. nah it's cool you seem like a bro
SAYS YOU.

I should have you try on my heels just so I can say I told you so when you trip. AND GOOD LUCK.

Also, yay, I have money! 8D I need to find the links so I can purchase what patterns I still need, go fabric shopping, then sew like a madwoman so I'm done before my birthday~ Probably should also reserve the room today. . .
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2053 on: July 02, 2011, 05:07:45 am »
Double post, but ffff-

Hidekaz drew new Nyotalia designs. [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
I love how he did this after I managed to convince myself that cosplaying all the previous ones wasn't an insane idea.
Of course the wig I bought for Fem!America is more expensive to buy in brown. Of course.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:08:30 am by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #2054 on: July 02, 2011, 10:20:26 am »

XD;; ... I'm Sorry!! ;__; Haha, I'm cool if you're cool XD *brofist?*
Possible Cosplays for Kumori Con 2012
Pirate!England, Canada, Romano, and/or Australia from Hetalia
Male Blood Elf Mage (Levi) from World of Warcraft

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #2055 on: July 02, 2011, 10:25:34 am »
Anyways, Welcome to Kumori-Con! To the best of my knowledge, you're the only one who's stated they're coming from Canada so far.
Really? LOL ... well, I'm glad I wasn't super late then! ... so many posts though! But it's kind of awesome!
Thank you for the Welcome! I can't wait for the Con! even though it's still 2 months away XD;;

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2056 on: July 02, 2011, 11:23:55 am »
This is a little last minute,but I will be America.  :) I'm not sure which version because my friends dragged me into doing it.
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2057 on: July 02, 2011, 04:13:01 pm »
WHY IS THE NEW PRUSSIA SO CUTE?!
Excuse me as I go find time to make that one as well.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:49:01 pm by saki-sempai »
K-con 2015-
Lamento: Asato
KnB: Aomine Daiki
TnC: Gunji
Possibilities-
Something from persona, something from SNK, possibly DmmD?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2058 on: July 02, 2011, 09:24:28 pm »

-brofist-  8) We can exchange 12+ hour drive stories. Also, Kei is right, you're not coming into this too late. Hetalia thread tend to get really long. . It, uh, doesn't help that we're crazy and began this a few days after con because AT con we were planning our cosplay for this year. |D

Also holy crap normally I hate Hidekaz's designs but omg fem!teutonic!Prussia? YES. Also, Russia is adorable and I want to hug her and feed her vodka and cigarettes.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2059 on: July 02, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »
Really? LOL ... well, I'm glad I wasn't super late then! ... so many posts though! But it's kind of awesome!
Thank you for the Welcome! I can't wait for the Con! even though it's still 2 months away XD;;
I honestly think super late would only be the day of con. Even then, there'd still be time to find out when the shoots are. c:
Trust me, two months will fly by in no time. 8D Especially when you still have costumes to sew. . .

WHY IS THE NEW PRUSSIA SO CUTE?!
Excuse me as I go find time to make that one as well.
Good luck! :3

-brofist-  8) We can exchange 12+ hour drive stories. Also, Kei is right, you're not coming into this too late. Hetalia thread tend to get really long. . It, uh, doesn't help that we're crazy and began this a few days after con because AT con we were planning our cosplay for this year. |D

Also holy crap normally I hate Hidekaz's designs but omg fem!teutonic!Prussia? YES. Also, Russia is adorable and I want to hug her and feed her vodka and cigarettes.
That's very very true. Very very true.

Ikr? 8DD I really want 2P!Ameriko for this Kumo, because PINK CONTACTS <33, and her various outfits just swap pieces of clothing around. Except for the front patch on her jacket. .__.;
I also really want to get 2P!Germany done, but I seriously think people'd keep confusing me for Prussia.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2060 on: July 02, 2011, 10:45:17 pm »

Ikr? 8DD I really want 2P!Ameriko for this Kumo, because PINK CONTACTS <33, and her various outfits just swap pieces of clothing around. Except for the front patch on her jacket. .__.;
I also really want to get 2P!Germany done, but I seriously think people'd keep confusing me for Prussia.
We could do 2P!Germany and 2P!Prussia? :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #2061 on: July 03, 2011, 01:28:41 am »
So, I'm coming into this very late ... but yes ... Hi there!! I will be cosplaying as Canada... mostl likely World Conference Canada, as well as his Parka Version and Red Hoody!!!
This will be my first time at Kumori Con, so I'm pretty excited, and looking forward to meeting new people (even though I'm incredibly shy in person LOL)
Anyway, I am excited to meet some fellow Hetalia Cosplayers from the Pacific Northwest (anyone else coming from Canada? I'm from Vancouver Island)

8D Raven! OMG you're coming to Kcon? Ahhh that's awesome.

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2062 on: July 03, 2011, 01:46:16 am »

I really, really want to. ;A; They're not super complicated like Succession, and I think the only semi-hard part would be 2P!Prussia's boots/glove-things. Which won't be too hard as long as they're not left until last minute.

Mmm... Adding it to the for-sure list.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #2063 on: July 03, 2011, 09:28:28 am »

8D Raven! OMG you're coming to Kcon? Ahhh that's awesome.

Hey Genki!!! Yes, I am!! And I'm dragging my sister along too!
Haha, I noticed you saying something about going too,  over on FB or dA ... That is so awesome!! How long has it been since we've seen each other?! I think the last time I saw you was Sakura Con 2008!! XD

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #2064 on: July 03, 2011, 09:39:09 am »

-brofist-  8) We can exchange 12+ hour drive stories. Also, Kei is right, you're not coming into this too late. Hetalia thread tend to get really long. . It, uh, doesn't help that we're crazy and began this a few days after con because AT con we were planning our cosplay for this year.
Yes, we could, plus I might have some awesome story about crossing the border! Funtimes!  LOL .... XD ... it's all good! I was planning my cosplay before I even knew I was going to go to Kumori Con! ...which was sometime last year (after Anime Evolution, in Vancouver, BC)

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2065 on: July 03, 2011, 03:29:43 pm »

I really, really want to. ;A; They're not super complicated like Succession, and I think the only semi-hard part would be 2P!Prussia's boots/glove-things. Which won't be too hard as long as they're not left until last minute.

You're going as fem!Germany? 8D Wooo~ Another fem! Im going as Fem!Prussia. C: I was hoping I wouldn't be a loner lol
K-con 2012
I dunno if I'm going. ;n;'
Sollux Captor, God Tier John, God Tier Jake and Peter Pan

Lumanous on tumblr - http://lumanous.tumblr.com/

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2066 on: July 03, 2011, 08:06:37 pm »
XD oh god. so many fem!Prussia's.
-pokes fingers together- Damn my interest in doing both the original Nyo and 2P....
>.<
We'll see ig I get 2P done or not, But I really, really want to.
>> I'm in Nyo almost all weekend.
Ignore my signature. I'm remaking it.

Haha! Awesomely remade.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:52:05 pm by saki-sempai »
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2067 on: July 03, 2011, 09:20:57 pm »

You're going as fem!Germany? 8D Wooo~ Another fem! Im going as Fem!Prussia. C: I was hoping I wouldn't be a loner lol
Another fem!Prussia? Sweeeet.  8)

-brofist-  8) We can exchange 12+ hour drive stories. Also, Kei is right, you're not coming into this too late. Hetalia thread tend to get really long. . It, uh, doesn't help that we're crazy and began this a few days after con because AT con we were planning our cosplay for this year.
Yes, we could, plus I might have some awesome story about crossing the border! Funtimes!  LOL .... XD ... it's all good! I was planning my cosplay before I even knew I was going to go to Kumori Con! ...which was sometime last year (after Anime Evolution, in Vancouver, BC)
I don't have any good border crossing stories, aside from all the "Do you have any fruit in your car?" "-looks at lunchboxes filled with apples and oranges- Uh, nope!" stuff.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2068 on: July 03, 2011, 11:07:21 pm »
-pokes fingers together- Damn my interest in doing both the original Nyo and 2P....
>.<

Haha! Awesomely remade.

HEEEYY~ I'll have a Fem!Prussia Twin? 8D We should meet up~
K-con 2012

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2069 on: July 04, 2011, 12:28:32 am »
>.<

Haha! Awesomely remade.

We should. And we should get pics of us tormenting fem!Austria. I mean.

Saki, gahahaha. YES. JOIN US. WE HAVE COOKIES.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2070 on: July 04, 2011, 06:33:45 am »

Yup! Fem!Germany, Fem!America, and Fem!Austria. :3 Not to mention the other Fem!Prussia's who've recently posted, my younger sister's going as Fem!Japan/Man!Hungary, and there'll likely be people who don't post in the forums that'll show up.

I think it's safe to say you won't be a loner. 8D

>.<

Haha! Awesomely remade.

I'm fairly certain I'll be in Nyo except for Day 0, 3, and a panel~
Nyotalia's just that awesome. <3

Not not going to dignify that with a response, short of the fact that with all the fem!Prussias, I'm really hoping there'll be more fem!Austrias/Mangaries that show up.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #2071 on: July 04, 2011, 12:45:50 pm »
That's what I love about Poland. He's his own fem-version.

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2072 on: July 04, 2011, 02:02:35 pm »
>.<

Haha! Awesomely remade.

I completely agree. XD Hopefully they'll be a few fem!Austria's to torture. >:3
K-con 2012

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2073 on: July 04, 2011, 02:06:09 pm »

Yup! Fem!Germany, Fem!America, and Fem!Austria. :3 Not to mention the other Fem!Prussia's who've recently posted, my younger sister's going as Fem!Japan/Man!Hungary, and there'll likely be people who don't post in the forums that'll show up.

>.<

Haha! Awesomely remade.

I'm fairly certain I'll be in Nyo except for Day 0, 3, and a panel~
Nyotalia's just that awesome. <3

Not not going to dignify that with a response, short of the fact that with all the fem!Prussias, I'm really hoping there'll be more fem!Austrias/Mangaries that show up.

YAY! So many fems! 8D That makes me feel so much betterrr~
K-con 2012

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2074 on: July 04, 2011, 04:16:45 pm »
XD you guys make me so happy. ^^
I got bitched out a couple days ago for liking/cosplaying Nyotalia.
Which was like. -shot confidence-

And I'm not sure 2P Will get done, but I will for sure have Nyo!Pru. <3 <3
So we can harass everyone. <3
And I'll still be ridiculously tall. In my sexy ass, awesome boots.
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2075 on: July 04, 2011, 04:18:27 pm »
Argh! D; Now i want to be Nyo!Russia!

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2076 on: July 04, 2011, 05:00:19 pm »

*fem!Prussias

>.<

Haha! Awesomely remade.

Oh there will be. Shi won't mind! >:D She never say she would, at least.

Haters gonna hate. I dunno if I can do 2P either, but I'll also have fem!Prussia. Already ordered my hat and shorts. 8D

. . And fml, I'm gonna be the only short one. ): SHI WHY YOU NO HAVE 7" BOOTS THAT ARE MY SIZE?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #2077 on: July 04, 2011, 05:16:13 pm »
. . And fml, I'm gonna be the only short one. ): SHI WHY YOU NO HAVE 7" BOOTS THAT ARE MY SIZE?

I feel your pain. The tallest I'm gonna be is 5'5" and thats in my heeled boots. There's no way I can get any taller without stilts.

EDIT: Also I've decided I'm gonna bring Sister Germany from SatW as well.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:16:55 pm by majinekochan »

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #2078 on: July 04, 2011, 07:48:09 pm »
If it helps any ... I'm going to be a 5'2" Canada (Chibi Canada? XD) ... lol ... not doing any Fem! versions this time around though ...

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2079 on: July 04, 2011, 10:42:33 pm »
YAY! So many fems! 8D That makes me feel so much betterrr~
I'm glad~ <3

Bah. Seconding the Haters Gonna Hate, as I have yet to have someone give me a good reason why I shouldn't like/cosplay Nyotalia.
And they're not the one who's wearing it, so why should they care? :I

Yup! Fem!Germany, Fem!America, and Fem!Austria. :3 Not to mention the other Fem!Prussias who've recently posted, my younger sister's going as Fem!Japan/Man!Hungary, and there'll likely be people who don't post in the forums that'll show up.
*fem!Prussias
I HAD IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AROUND. I don't know why I went back and changed it, though. ;;

Oh there will be. Shi won't mind! >:D She never say she would, at least.
>:I

Haters gonna hate. I dunno if I can do 2P either, but I'll also have fem!Prussia. Already ordered my hat and shorts. 8D

Mimi's going to be short. Her zori and boots are pretty flat~
She's 5'6", though. . . .

BECAUSE I HAVEN'T GOTTEN AROUND TO BUYING SKYSCRAPER BOOTS YET. D:
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2080 on: July 04, 2011, 10:46:22 pm »

You too?! D: One of my friends HATES the fem's. And I always feel like.. bad that I'm doing it or something? >> But I dont care anymore. I love some of the Fem's outfits! :C Especially Prussia's. So whatever. <3
AND YOU AND ME AND ALL THE OTHER FEM!PRU'S CAN HARASS EVERYBODDYYY~ C: YUS
K-con 2012

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2081 on: July 04, 2011, 10:47:13 pm »

Baw I love Nyo!Russia!~ ;n; you should tryyyy
K-con 2012

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2082 on: July 04, 2011, 11:42:13 pm »
*laughs* The only bad thing abut this girl is shems one one of my rooms. so frustrating.
and I'll give you guys 2P pictures, because i for sure have to have her done for the con after Kumori. so I don't think she'll appear this time around...*cries*

also, seconding nyo!Russia. hot. <3 and sorry about the fail of this post, I'm not on my computer... i'm at work.
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2083 on: July 05, 2011, 12:07:07 am »
*laughs* The only bad thing abut this girl is shems one one of my rooms. so frustrating.
and I'll give you guys 2P pictures, because i for sure have to have her done for the con after Kumori. so I don't think she'll appear this time around...*cries*

also, seconding nyo!Russia. hot. <3 and sorry about the fail of this post, I'm not on my computer... i'm at work.

Serious? D: Man that sucks. Well. Either way. There's nothing wrong with the fem's. >3> You'll look amazing~
2P would be amazing to see. C: Pictures would be awesome.

And YES on Nyo!Russia~ <3
K-con 2012

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2084 on: July 05, 2011, 12:11:02 am »

Baw I love Nyo!Russia!~ ;n; you should tryyyy

I already have all my cosplay plans for the year though >3<;

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2085 on: July 05, 2011, 01:22:59 am »

You too?! D: One of my friends HATES the fem's. And I always feel like.. bad that I'm doing it or something? >> But I dont care anymore. I love some of the Fem's outfits! :C Especially Prussia's. So whatever. <3
AND YOU AND ME AND ALL THE OTHER FEM!PRU'S CAN HARASS EVERYBODDYYY~ C: YUS
Oh god, so much Nyotalia hate. I wonder why? Like, what's wrong with fem!versions? That's silly.

. . Also, Shi, I'm 5'6". orz
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2086 on: July 05, 2011, 03:03:46 am »
Oh god, so much Nyotalia hate. I wonder why? Like, what's wrong with fem!versions? That's silly.

People are shallow and like to dislike things other people like?
Honestly? I looked into it a while ago after finding out such an opinion existed, and most of the reasons were really shallow. :I

Really? I thought you were 5'7". 'Cause I've been 5'8" for at least two years, and I thought you were only an inch shorter than me.

Also, my Nyo!Germany boots are probably going to have a heel. :> Granted, it should only be two inches, but a heel's a heel.
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2087 on: July 05, 2011, 07:45:37 am »
I think most of the hate comes from the fact that they are women. i mean, look how much hate characters like Hungary and Seychelles get...
blah.
stupid people.
*throws things*

anyways. i just got off work. i'm going to bed now, and I will talk to you all when i wake up in like... four hours.
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2088 on: July 05, 2011, 08:54:36 am »

Honestly? I looked into it a while ago after finding out such an opinion existed, and most of the reasons were really shallow. :I

Really? I thought you were 5'7". 'Cause I've been 5'8" for at least two years, and I thought you were only an inch shorter than me.

Also, my Nyo!Germany boots are probably going to have a heel. :> Granted, it should only be two inches, but a heel's a heel.

=.= Yeah its dumb. I don't know why some people hate them so much. Either way I think they'll be fun to cosplay. :3

5'7, 5'8? D: Fuuuu. I'm like 5'4 I think. or 5'5. >> But yeah, boots help. xD Im having a hard time getting the right white thigh high boots though for Prus.
K-con 2012

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2089 on: July 05, 2011, 12:55:58 pm »
So Volume 4 of Hetalia was just released. Himaruya came out with two new characters/countries, one I haven't seen yet and the other is Romania . Just thought I'd throw that out there. I think he looks really neat.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline FluffySora

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2090 on: July 05, 2011, 03:45:25 pm »
So Volume 4 of Hetalia was just released. Himaruya came out with two new characters/countries, one I haven't seen yet and the other is Romania . Just thought I'd throw that out there. I think he looks really neat.

Baw, I love how Romania looks. C:
K-con 2012

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2091 on: July 05, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »

Nope, I'm barely 5'6".

AND BAH.

I think most of the hate comes from the fact that they are women. i mean, look how much hate characters like Hungary and Seychelles get...
blah.
stupid people.
*throws things*

anyways. i just got off work. i'm going to bed now, and I will talk to you all when i wake up in like... four hours.
Ohright. It gets in the way of t3h yaoi. And they're not bishounen. oz

Gah Romania is adorable.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2092 on: July 05, 2011, 05:20:15 pm »
^ I laugh at YAOI fans...

Romania looks interesting, but I think he should lose the hat.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2093 on: July 05, 2011, 05:42:11 pm »
How could anyone possibly hate the female characters? They're so badass.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2094 on: July 05, 2011, 05:51:08 pm »
^ So far, they all are...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2095 on: July 06, 2011, 12:44:18 am »
=.= Yeah its dumb. I don't know why some people hate them so much. Either way I think they'll be fun to cosplay. :3

5'7, 5'8? D: Fuuuu. I'm like 5'4 I think. or 5'5. >> But yeah, boots help. xD Im having a hard time getting the right white thigh high boots though for Prus.
They will be fun. 8D

The only white thigh-high boots that are reasonable in price I've seen are Electra 3023, but they have a 5 1/2" block heel.

Nope, I'm barely 5'6".

AND BAH.
Huh. So the squirt's now taller than you?

BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE~ And I couldn't find the pair I wanted after going through all the sites I could think of, so cute & cheap wins over flat boots.

blah.
stupid people.
*throws things*

That's the reason behind most of the hate.
Also, stupidest reason I've found. Because obviously, the entire series is supposed to cater to one anonymous fan.

And I need to find a new pattern to get for Succession!Austria, since the one I was going to get doesn't have a collar. :<
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2096 on: July 06, 2011, 02:40:07 am »
Nope, I'm barely 5'6".

AND BAH.
Huh. So the squirt's now taller than you?

BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE~ And I couldn't find the pair I wanted after going through all the sites I could think of, so cute & cheap wins over flat boots.
NO. THE SQUIRT AND I ARE THE SAME HEIGHT. -sob- Also, if I feel like making fem!Prussia's boots white, I'll be taller than her! Yaaaay!

blah.
stupid people.
*throws things*

Also, stupidest reason I've found. Because obviously, the entire series is supposed to cater to one anonymous fan.

And I need to find a new pattern to get for Succession!Austria, since the one I was going to get doesn't have a collar. :<
"And it's not because I'm a yaoi fangirl that I hate them!It's just useless!! I don't want to imagine them as girls, I'm not curious about it! [sic]"
Riiiiight, sure. You're not "curious". Meaning, you don't want to imagine girls making out, just boys making out. (I also like how she uses the excuse "I'm a girl" to attempt to defend herself against cries of sexism!)

Solution: Add collar.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 02:40:26 am by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2097 on: July 06, 2011, 03:09:28 am »
My main problem with the genderbends is the fact that when i'm looking up a certian pairing (Yaoi, Yuri, or straight), mainly in fanfiction, i end up finding one that looks good, only to click on it and have it be all "LOLOLOL GENDERBEND.".
If i'm looking up Hungary and Austria, i want some damn Hungary and Austria. Not this bizzarly written yaoi fanfic with Hungary as a guy. Or if i'm looking up Germany in Italy, i don't want to see one or both of them as female, i want to see just normal Germany and Italy.
This is all, of course, in my opinion. I guess it's just the fact that i'm so used to seeing the guys as guys and the girls as girls, it makes it a little weird for me to read it and try to think of them as opposite sex.

Or maybe i'm just PO'd that FF.N doesn't have a yaoi, yuri and straight filter yet. Because that would be awesome.

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2098 on: July 06, 2011, 05:21:52 am »
^Isn't it typical to label the fact it's Nyotalia in the description, though?

NO. THE SQUIRT AND I ARE THE SAME HEIGHT. -sob- Also, if I feel like making fem!Prussia's boots white, I'll be taller than her! Yaaaay!
Oooooh~ Wouldn't that clash with the rest of your outfit, though? |D

"And it's not because I'm a yaoi fangirl that I hate them!It's just useless!! I don't want to imagine them as girls, I'm not curious about it! [sic]"
Riiiiight, sure. You're not "curious". Meaning, you don't want to imagine girls making out, just boys making out. (I also like how she uses the excuse "I'm a girl" to attempt to defend herself against cries of sexism!)

Solution: Add collar.
You caught it too?

Collars are evil.
That said, I'm probably just going to add it anyway. I'm going to need a lot of cheap fabric for all the mock-ups that I'm going to end up doing~

Welp. No going back. Wig, boots, red laces, hat pin, and soon-to-be hat have been ordered. Austria's coat's fighting me, so I'll deal with it later~
Also found a wig for 2P!Ameriko, but it's on TaoBao and my last order should be arriving any day now, so it wouldn't be the wisest idea to turn around a place another one. .__.;
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:25:11 am by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #2099 on: July 06, 2011, 07:55:23 am »
My main problem with the genderbends is the fact that when i'm looking up a certian pairing (Yaoi, Yuri, or straight), mainly in fanfiction, i end up finding one that looks good, only to click on it and have it be all "LOLOLOL GENDERBEND.".
If i'm looking up Hungary and Austria, i want some damn Hungary and Austria. Not this bizzarly written yaoi fanfic with Hungary as a guy. Or if i'm looking up Germany in Italy, i don't want to see one or both of them as female, i want to see just normal Germany and Italy.
This is all, of course, in my opinion. I guess it's just the fact that i'm so used to seeing the guys as guys and the girls as girls, it makes it a little weird for me to read it and try to think of them as opposite sex.

Or maybe i'm just PO'd that FF.N doesn't have a yaoi, yuri and straight filter yet. Because that would be awesome.

I see your point, but most authors when posting will put that it's genderbent in the description. and if they don't they're being mean or don't know. It's one of the standard politenesses like warning that you're using human names or that it's AU, or gakuen.
That's why I generally list the characters I'm using in that chapter at the beginning and would note if it was genderbent.

FF.net doesn't know what you want, when you put in Hungary and Austria as character choices it pulls up all the stories that the authors have labeled such and if someone writes a Mangary/Austria fic, garenteed there is someone out there that will read it. YOU have to put in some work to get what you want as well. When i search for fics with Poland there's maybe 1 in 20 that I'll read.

As for a Yaoi/Yuri/Strait filter, for most fandoms just choosing the characters and Romance will get you wnat you want, it only breaks down for ones, like hetalia, that have official female versions of the characters. But even in normal fandoms there are genderbent and it's polite for the authors to state as much in the description. If you really want those filters go to AdultFanFiction, they have them, knock yourself out.