Poll

So...What do you like?  Also if you tend to lean a certain way 90% of the time, choose that.

As long as the couple (fanon) makes sense, I'll ship them, regardless of the gender!
7 (35%)
Both yaoi and yuri are not really my thing.
3 (15%)
Yaoi's awesome, but yuri's a bit weird and het is okay.
2 (10%)
I like yuri, but I tend to avoid yaoi.  Het is fine.
4 (20%)
I only like yaoi pairings!
2 (10%)
I only like yuri pairings!
0 (0%)
I don't really get into shipping fictional characters...
1 (5%)
What do you people have against canon?
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Yaoi? Yuri? Hetero? None of the above?  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
Yaoi? Yuri? Hetero? None of the above?
« on: July 26, 2008, 04:39:03 pm »
I'm just curious, as I've seen a lot of yaoi fangirls here and elsewhere on the internets... And stuff. XD;  Posting after voting would be appreciated, maybe explaining your reasoning why. 

Personally I'm not a yaoi fan, though het and yuri are OKAY! with me.  I have no problem with gays in real life, I just don't usually like how gay male relationships are depicted in anime/manga/TV.  Plus due to an awful hospital experience I WILL NOT go into, butt things aren't really my style, and for some reason yaoi in anime makes me think of that!  There are a couple...couples I like (Mithos/Genis for anyone who's played Symphonia... But I twist their relationship into something totally not cute like yaoi I've seen for them.), but most of my fanon couple shipping whatsits are either straight or lesbian. 

So yeah, let's hear what you like, and why you like it!

ALSO, NO FIGHTING OVER WHETHER OR NOT ONE THING IS GROSS.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion!  Just because I don't like yaoi, I'm not going to yell at you for being into boy-love, and I don't expect any of you to start throwing homophobic insults at me (or anyone else) for liking certain pairings.  Think you'll have difficulty following this rule?  You might want to leave now. 8D;
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Yaoi? Yuri? Hetero? None of the above?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 05:17:41 pm »
you don't have a answer that I can decide on.  :( I wanted to say I like all three. really it just depends on the plot and what the characters look like. where everyone in the story is all the same gender and gay? nu uh. het is totally okay wit me since well I'm straight but I love to see guy/guy, girl/girl action. simply, love is love to me
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:07:12 pm »
I have yet to come across a yaoi pairing that just makes me scream 'Kawaii neko desu!!1!11'... And I'm not really one for yuri either. So yeah, I'm more of a het fan.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:36:30 pm »
you don't have a answer that I can decide on.  :( I wanted to say I like all three. really it just depends on the plot and what the characters look like. where everyone in the story is all the same gender and gay? nu uh. het is totally okay wit me since well I'm straight but I love to see guy/guy, girl/girl action. simply, love is love to me

Did you vote, or can you think of another option I should add? 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 11:54:58 pm »

Did you vote, or can you think of another option I should add? 
yeah I decided to go with the first one. it doesn't seem to be the right answer to me though. maybe if there was an option of 'I like all three' or something like that. :3 but you don't have too.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:23:54 am »
yuri <3 i love being bi sexual
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 04:26:32 pm »
yuri <3 i love being bi sexual

Do your parents know?  I tried to tell my mom before but she flipped out at me and I had to tell her it was just a joke...
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 11:57:26 am »
Yaoi. Of course, this is coming from an uke, so expect no less.

oslapedo

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 01:10:27 pm »
I venture into this spamlicious board just to say, Yuri FTW! ;D

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 03:55:44 pm »
Het is perfectly fine, seeing as that's what I grew up with. But, I really like all three. I really love certain Yuri pairings, but Yaoi is just full of so much awesome ness. So, again, all three.

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 09:28:48 pm »
yaoi for me but now i'm kinda in the mood to look for an anime with yaoi, yuri, and het xD is there even suh a thing? @@ oh wait, ouran! xD