Author Topic: Theater Tech killed my inner child...  (Read 1965 times)

u2205

Theater Tech killed my inner child...
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:55:34 pm »
So tonight we had our Homecoming at our school (we don't have a football team, so we do homecoming for the basketball team). As usual I was in charge of all of the Tech.

So I get there after a 9 hour shift at work, and they had everything already set up for me, which was nice. Everything work and I tested all of the videos and the microphones and it was all great!

Then for some reason we started at 8:15 and not 7:00... No one has any idea why...

So we were going along just nice and fine, and then the main speaker system overloaded  and blew the breaker (for no reason that I could detect. I think they just overheated). I tried to fix it, but the breaker just wouldn't stay on. So then I set up an entire backup system and re-wired everything, I did that in 10 minuets to my credit. And the half of the videos wouldn't work, not my fault again.

Then one of my lackies starts to make calls that are WAY out of his jurisdiction. He started to "improvise" on the lights, and it just looked awful. I think I'm going to fire him on Tuesday... he just keeps pissing me off...

I don't know why I continue to do Technical stuff at my school... sure it gets me lots of benefits, like keys to every room and getting out of class, but it brings me way to much stress...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Theater Tech killed my inner child...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:27:49 pm »
Dude, for our homecoming, we get a coupla 50-year-old huegspeakers and a cheap booth for a cheap DJ with ****** music.  Consider yourself fortunate.

Oh, and the dances are in the cafeteria.

----------------------------

Modified due to foul language
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:51:46 pm by kylite »
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 04:48:59 pm »
Hey man, that's just one less mouth to feed.

Seriously though, I really dunno if you should quit. I mean, that's life and anywhere you go there is going to be stress..  ???

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:05:25 pm »
I love theatre tech..(Just got back from a production tonight)

Its UBER stressful though, like, I co-manage Props crew and work really closely with Stage and Sound/Lights, more so stage though...

The only that saves me is A) Im practically bound by blood/contract but more importantly Cast Party! its been my mantra lately...Production week was/Is finals week..ugh tis death.

Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:37:21 pm »

Seriously though, I really dunno if you should quit. I mean, that's life and anywhere you go there is going to be stress..  ???

Quoted for truth.

Id give anything to be able work in theater teach again, I dont care how stressful it is.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 04:46:40 pm »
sigh
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 05:20:57 pm »
Well I was actually forced to quit...

My current job, working at Fry's Electronics, only allows me to take up to 4 days a week off. And that's not enough for my theater teacher, so we got in a yelling match, again, and I quit.

I'll love to see him try and do a Musical with all of his senior staff gone... (They all left after I did.)
Don't get out of practice; the con needs you to be on your game. :P
If the lights/sound at K-con sucks, I'm holding this event accountable.
Not you; you had to make a decision, but this event, certainly.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>