Author Topic: Raiding Anime Asylum  (Read 12448 times)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Raiding Anime Asylum
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:26:27 am »
It's a new store that opened up at Lloyd Center, right near Nordstrom's on the second floor. Would anyone like to band together and check it out, along with the other stores in the mall?

The meetup will gather at Anime Asylum Sunday December 6th at 4:00. From there, we'll decide to go into the mall and/or head out and catch the MAX through fareless square downtown, to check out Pioneer Place as well.

Cosplay is optional, but only cosplay that doesn't require weapons to be carried or masks worn.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 03:37:11 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
Re: Raiding Anime Asylum
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:31:31 am »
Well, my cousin and I, as well a friend, might head to Lloyd center to check it out this weekend.
We really won't know though, until the weekend shows up, to see if we're available to, or not.

This would be a good idea, just to have a nice little hang out with some forum goers.
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 02:35:54 am »
Cosplay is optional so anyone could come as something or nothing.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:24:24 am »
Wish I could but I'm busy both those Saturdays......Ah well, I'll just have to check it out some other time.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:26:33 am »
I actually wanna go check this out but I would only be able to do it this coming weekend. Dead week, finals right after it so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon after that.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 10:37:00 am »
I work until 3 on the 5th, so unless this starts at like 5:30 I couldn't make it. But I am off the 6th, and sundays are normally a little slower.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 06:34:42 pm »
I wish I was allowed to go to Portland for meet-ups... ;O;
That place sounds fun.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 06:44:15 pm »
Seeing as no one has described the place vary well yet, I might go there in the next day or two and see if they will let me take some pictures to show people here.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 07:07:28 pm »
How about Sunday the 6th at 3 then?

I wish I was allowed to go to Portland for meet-ups... ;O;
That place sounds fun.
Could you get a ride, or is it too far away?

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 07:14:40 pm »
I live in Vancouver, my Step-Dad is just wierd and won't let me go. xD

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:35 am »
On the other side, you have a clear shot at MEWcon. It's right on your doorstep.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 12:01:52 pm »
I won't be able to come, not untill I get a job and can afford to GO placees. As an FYI, Lloyd center requires you and your group to have a permit for holding events such as this, no matter what the circum stances are. Also cosplaying is not allowed in the Lloyed center, not since Kumoricon's last year at the Double Tree. I don't intend to be the bearer of bad news but I don't want to see you guys getting banned/barred/kicked-out/arrested for cosplaying at Lloyd Center, the security there all have sticks shoved up their [excuse my french] asses.
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 12:59:44 pm »
So wait, throwing away the whole cosplay thing because it's dumb (my opinion completely, I think cosplaying in public just "for the hell of it" is stupid) if I want to go, with a group of my friends (5+) to Lloyd center I need a permit to do that? I have to say that I really doubt that's the case but if it is true I think that is ridiculous. All this needs to be is a group of "friends" "hanging out". I've seen large groups of middle aged women, soccer mom's with their kids, and teenagers looming around in there in herds of 10+ and watched mall cops walk by and nod their heads. Just don't dress up and it will be fine.

Also doesn't Suncoast have cosplay contests once in awhile? How the hell do people get in there then?

I'm not going to try to go to this, I'm gonna go try to check it out on my own on Saturday.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 07:01:58 pm »
Saturday I can't make it, so I'll scope it out on Sunday with whoever wants to. And just as a precaution, anime related shirts and necklaces and stuff are alright, but no cosplay.

It's sad how Pioneer Place can handle our small groups yet the bigger mall is scarred from the epic 3 days.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:04:26 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 09:18:50 pm »
that is strange.  do they have these no cosplay\ policy posted some where? and who can say what is a costume and what are normat clothes
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 01:32:32 am »
Yeah, who is to say what is normal and what is costume. And what about people who do not know this "rule". stupid I say. I am going to go in a cosplay every time I go to the mall. if they kick me out then they will loose money I would have spent.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 01:33:23 am »
Exactly. Without my blonde spiked wig for Super Saiyan Trunks, I can easily be just a guy with a denim jacket and jeans on.

I might ask a mall guard when I come up Sunday.
Though I will be sneaking small cat ears in my pocket just in case they don't see a problem with it. I don't think cosplay is banned. Weapons, fake or not, waving around might be. I think the security two con's ago were just concerned about the people in costumes that cover their face and with weapon props running around. A few harmless characters with simple wigs, bright clothes, and the force as our ally shouldn't look like too much of a threat.

If someone wants to come and bring their cosplay along, choose one that's portable and simple and maybe even casual enough to blend in as normal clothes. I'll be coming as Trunks with my wig in my backpack.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 01:26:13 am »
 Since I usually go to Clackamas Town Center's "Unique Imports" store to get my J-rock and anime fix, hmmm... eh...maybe, I'll go on the 5th or 12th with whoever decides to group up and go on which ever day is picked. Unless someone provides me a few pics of what the "Anime Asylum" store sells or describes to me how good the store is, I may or may not decide to go.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:29:32 am by Manganix78 »

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 01:39:59 am »
I'm hitting the place on Sunday the 6th, and maybe Saturday the 12th.

And the store sells everything from plush to collectible figures, replica swords and wall scrolls, to even T shirts no one else sells.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 10:59:21 am »
From my own personal experiance cosplaying at Lloyd with friends they kicked us out and told us we needed a permit. And if we showed up without one again they would call the cops.
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 05:08:40 pm »
Is this not discrimination?  It is not like they have a list of who they don't want there, its an entire group of people without reguard for individuals.  I honestly don't think they have the right to remove or bar entrance.  Let them call the cops IMO, most likely they will not even come for such a stupid thing.  If they do come they probably won't remove you from the mall or hall you off to jail, but if they do you can assume (but don't take my word for it) they can't charge you with anything or you would win any case again you.  If the latter happens you can then report this as discrimination to every news organization you can think of and hopefully get a story about it on the news/paper.  This could lead to a chance in policy from the mall.  All of this is theoretical, but I've hear this kind of thing happen a lot with a similar situation.  If you make a "stink" about this kind of thing and you don't half ass resolving the problem you have enough legal options to change most anything as stupid as this.

This is all based on what I have read, and not necessarily actual fact.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 07:08:06 pm »
Yeah. I feel like going there with my friend who has bright pink hair, just to see if they confront us. She's been having her hair like that for... as long as I've known her, and it'd be stupid for them to stop her.

Maybe also just going there in my normal bright clothing. It's too bad my mom'd get pissed if she heard about me getting in trouble with the cops (even over a little thing :T)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 07:59:13 pm »
This is exactly why I recommend subtle cosplays that resemble normal clothes, and ask one of the guards what their policy is, if we plan on touring the whole mall. Since Anime Asylum is our primary target, we can go there first, then decide if we want to see the rest of the mall or take the MAX (still in Fareless Square until the end of the year), back downtown and hit Pioneer Place for lunch and fellowship.

If there is a rule against "cosplaying" then I want to hear it directly from the security's mouth of what their stipulations are, so I can decide to change into Super Saiyan Trunks or just stay as a dude in denim stuff clothes.

I don't feel like turning a meetup into a protest against rules that may or may not be clear. So just in case, I'm wearing something that falls between one and the other and playing it safe. I'll be arriving at the store at about 4 PM, then head out with who we have at 4:30. As always anyone can leave whenever, though the mall closes at 6.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:07:32 am by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 04:02:10 am »
This is exactly why I recommend subtle cosplays that resemble normal clothes, and ask one of the guards what their policy is, if we plan on touring the whole mall. Since Anime Asylum is our primary target, we can go there first, then decide if we want to see the rest of the mall or take the MAX (still in Fareless Square until the end of the year), back downtown and hit Pioneer Place for lunch and fellowship.

If there is a rule against "cosplaying" then I want to hear it directly from the security's mouth of what their stipulations are, so I can decide to change into Super Saiyan Trunks or just stay as a dude in denim stuff clothes.

I don't feel like turning a meetup into a protest against rules that may or may not be clear. So just in case, I'm wearing something that falls between one and the other and playing it safe. I'll be arriving at the store at about 4 PM, then head out with who we have at 4:30. As always anyone can leave whenever, though the mall closes at 6.

Right.............so we arrive at the mall at what day and/or time?

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 08:20:23 am »
The mall closes at 6?  That's pretty short hours for a mall, at least I think, I thought they used to close at 8-9.  I don't go to malls much so that could be a weekend time that I'm remembering.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 08:31:28 am »
The mall closes at 6?  That's pretty short hours for a mall, at least I think, I thought they used to close at 8-9.  I don't go to malls much so that could be a weekend time that I'm remembering.

No, I think they open at 10 AM-9 PM on Saturdays and they close at 6 PM on Sundays.

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 12:44:05 pm »
Lloyd Center times:
Mon-Sat = 10am-9pm
Sun = 11am-6pm

Just thought I'd throw those out there~
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 03:33:43 pm »
And so it's been set that the meetup will gather at Anime Asylum Sunday December 6th at 4:00. We will look around the store and watch their big screen TV while waiting for late comers, until 4:15 or 4:30. From there, we'll decide to go into the mall and/or head out and catch the MAX through fareless square downtown, to check out Pioneer Place also.

Facing Nordstrom's on the second floor, it should be on your right by the mall exit.

P.S. Change of outfit. I'll be coming as someone in a red shirt, hat and blue overalls. (Secret Mario)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:30:09 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 05:35:09 pm »
Sorry I didn't go. I was just too depressed to go out.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 08:31:51 pm »
No problem. No one showed but me, but I did get my question answered.
Costumes are allowed in LLoyd Center Mall as long as you don't have any:
Masks
Weapons, replicas or real
Face paint

Other than that, anyone can wear cosplay in and around the mall.

Also the report is that most items are collectible figures running $14-40, plushies for under $20, boxes of pocky for 1.75, replica swords for maybe $40-60, t-shirts for $20, anime DVDs and manga at average prices, keychains for $2.75-4.25, and lots of other random stuff..

Also Anime Asylum is one of the few that sell a bit more Inuyasha and Dragon Ball related items. But you gotta catch 'em all right away because they go fast.

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:39 am »
I can't believe I missed an opportunity to wear my cosplay... T.T
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 07:01:23 pm »
There is another one coming up on the 19th at Washington Square. You can flex your creativity there without question.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 07:02:05 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 06:19:32 pm »
you mean the holiday party? that was on the 17th.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 01:48:11 am »
If only you had come to the event at Washington Square today.

I may bring up future raids later on in the new year.

So your epic cosplay still has a chance! \^O^/

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2009, 12:56:18 pm »
You could always go to the meet up at Lloyd on the 27th.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 01:38:42 am »
Then that works. I will go and we will all raid the Asylum once more for its imprisoned characters.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2009, 01:39:45 am »
And maybe they'll have X-mas sales!!! Too bad I'm not going...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 01:27:57 pm »
GGGGGGRRRRRR!!!! steely is sad! I will have to keep a better eye on the forums... this is just effing ridiculous.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2009, 01:30:42 pm »
I like the whole anime viewing thing, and random trivia for free stuff, but otherwise it's not that cool in my opinion. :3

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2009, 02:55:14 pm »
Well it is bigger then the one we have here in bend. they have some stuff we dont but we can just have it special ordered for us

China bound!!!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 06:10:28 am »
I like the whole anime viewing thing, and random trivia for free stuff, but otherwise it's not that cool in my opinion. :3
When did they have that?? Free swag for some questions, bring it.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 12:47:36 pm »
When did they have that?? Free swag for some questions, bring it.
Randomly. I think when there are a lot of people in the store.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 04:06:22 pm »
Especially when all us crazy cosplayers went in ^x^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »
My Review of Anime Asylum:

The Good
Nice store layout and viewing area. Very clean. Product was displayed well. A good starting selection on collectables and "practical" fan items such as wallets and hats; hopefully their selection will grow as time goes on.

The Bad
They suffer from the same problem as you would expect any new store to--decent starting selection but only of the most popular series. Hopefully this will change as time goes on. Manga and anime selection were both very small.

The Ugly
I felt like a piece of meat in a butcher shop. It's possible that the employees and their friends were staring at me because it's Lloyd Center (...you have to watch people that come in, because there are so many thieves) but I also had the uncomfortable feeling of being a girl in an all-boys' club. It did not help when they started talking about me loud enough that I could hear. I promptly left.

My recommendation to them would be to install mirrors in the ceiling--you can watch people/thieves without being so obvious about it--and to possibly have a discussion with their employees about customer service (i.e. not talking loudly about people while they are within earshot). I was wanting to support them as my primary source for anime/manga/collectables in the area, since they are a local anime-centric business, but sadly I don't even feel comfortable going in to that store or talking to any of the associates. I would be willing to give them another shot, but not for a little while at least.

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2010, 12:53:10 am »
same here! I went in a couple times by myself and felt really uncomfortable there... I felt more welcome in the hello kitty store! I was kinda disapointed in their plushies and wall scrolls.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2010, 01:19:24 am »
Yeah, me and my friend spend so much more time wandering around sanrio stores than that place *u*; I didn't have bad experiences with them yet (actually, they asked for me and my friend's picture when we were in Lolita and kodona O-o) but... there's just this vibe *_*

Maybe because they seem to carry too much shounen, or idk.

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2010, 01:30:55 am »
Yeah, me and my friend spend so much more time wandering around sanrio stores than that place *u*; I didn't have bad experiences with them yet (actually, they asked for me and my friend's picture when we were in Lolita and kodona O-o) but... there's just this vibe *_*

Maybe because they seem to carry too much shounen, or idk.

perhaps... oh well! its the closest anime shop. the one in clackamas isnt worth the 3hour max ride.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2010, 01:32:12 am »
I just found out that one of my freinds works there lol.
and sense i cant make it up there to bug him some of you guys should for me

China bound!!!

Offline Yatta Cloud

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2010, 03:05:28 am »
Think I might go in and check this place out, possibly on Saturday.
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays

-Unknown at this time

Offline CassieR

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2010, 01:19:17 pm »
Hey guys, I just wanted to announce that the guys are Anime Asylum are giving a 20% discount for all past Kumoricon attendees.  Just bring any years badge, and you'll get the discount.  They are hoping to have some new, rarer Japanese collectibles for this event.

So on January 16th, come by with a past years badge, and join the fun!

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2010, 01:20:38 pm »
Gah!!!!
I'll just convince my friends to all come with me...Since I'll be at a party that day >>
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »
Lolwow.

Anime Asylum Hey everybody for some reason Anime Asylum has been getting slammed on Kumoricons forum. So could those of you who actually do like our store go to http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/ make an account and write a review. Thanks.
^From AA's Twitter

Nice way to be professional.

And just to note, if they're reading this, we're giving honest impressions and even advice, not saying we totally hate your shop.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 01:05:43 am »
Wow...

I'd actually be happy to go back. They seemed nice and they talked with all of us. There were times where it seemed like they were creeping on some of us, but I think they might've been loney or the whole "watching for thieves" thing...

But other than that, they have some great stuff, and they should be getting more. I just wish I had the money to buy all the stuff I want TT_TT
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline CassieR

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2010, 05:06:24 pm »
Update on Kumoricon Day - I've just found that the 20% off is for purchase of 20 or more.
Then again I probably couldn't send less that that on anime if I tried...

Offline Sakurakisser

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 05:53:22 pm »
i just got a cute pink shugo chara purse from there<3 mwahhaha.
"Be what you would seem to be or, if you'd like it put more simply. Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared"

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 12:01:52 am »
Lolwow.

Anime Asylum Hey everybody for some reason Anime Asylum has been getting slammed on Kumoricons forum. So could those of you who actually do like our store go to http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/ make an account and write a review. Thanks.
^From AA's Twitter

Nice way to be professional.

And just to note, if they're reading this, we're giving honest impressions and even advice, not saying we totally hate your shop.

My thoughts exactly >_>  I'm totally willing to give them another shot, I have no prejudice against them, and I am not "slamming" them "for some reason," I just gave honest feedback about my experience. I'm not trying to hurt their business, and fear of losing business is probably what is causing them to react this way.

As I said, I am willing to try again, and I will give good feedback when and where it is deserved. (Notice that I even included good feedback in my first post, along with the negative.)

I think everyone should give them a chance at least for the 20% off day, and decide for ourselves. It's obvious that they are reaching out to this community, so they do want our business. Let's at least give them that, huh?

Offline Anime Asylum

• Oni
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 11:48:42 am »
Hello everyone I am the owner of Anime Asylum. There are a few things I would like to address first of which being our selection. You should know that this store was started by two people with our own money, and in these early months we just don't have the budget to stock every single thing from every single series. For those who say our stuff is too mainstream you should be aware that without mainstream shows an anime store would not be possible. Even if you think those shows are lame they are still the top selling shows in the USA. So please lighten up on Naruto, Bleach and Death Note.

The next is our staff. There are only four people who work here. There have been people going around saying that they work here and they do not. Those people are in no way associated with this company.
The People who work here are Max, Tanisha, Blair and Miguel. If anyone else tells you they work here it is a lie, don't listen to them. Also this store has no friends as it is a store. The people hanging out are just other customers who are free to be here just as you are but if someone is ever offending you please tell the person behind the counter and we will have that person removed from the store immediately.

So here's my own review (which of of course is bias). The bad about our store: We are not corporate and cannot bombard you with an over whelming stock. The good about our store: We are not corporate, therefore when you make suggestions we actually listen. We actually have three times as much stuff as we had the day we opened. So please be patient, it can't all happen at once.

Thank you everyone for taking the time read this and if any of this seams unprofessional it's because I'm not a professional, I'm just a guy who loves anime.             

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »
-sigh- I didnt know i sounded like i was dissing your shop. In fact, I have bought several items from that shop. You are doing an excellent job with the shop. i just felt a little creeped out but I get that at every shop i go into at lloyd center. I plan on being there on saturday to get myself a wall scroll and perhaps a few plushies... along with some anime... i have lots of xmas money to spend! ^.^
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2010, 09:38:17 am »
@AA: It's funny that you say that, because I was actually going to try to special order something because you guys didn't have what I was looking for. But due to the large group of dudes hanging out at the counter that had been staring at me the entire time I was in there, I didn't feel comfortable even approaching the counter, let alone asking them anything.

Also, I did mention the fact (in my first post/review) that the selection was probably because you were a new store.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2010, 08:37:12 pm »
I came, I saw, I raided and bought stuff!

Offline Zaatar18

• Cabbit
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2010, 11:33:31 am »
I thought it was an excellent store staffed by really kind and helpful people who were the last to judge you no matter how geeky you are.  It was a bit small, but they're still getting things in.  I recommend that people check it out!
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »
very nice people...
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »
As always I spent plenty of time and money in the store. Max, Blair, Miguel, and Tanisha are just fun people to talk to. And they're always up for a suggestion on series to stock.

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2010, 09:37:08 pm »
yeah... i bought a mokona plushie! and they liked my shirt. (paul frank shirt that looked like he was on a drug trip) I didnt really talk much... I dont like to shop unless i have a goal...
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2010, 10:16:31 pm »
i for one have been to this store only about twice and still haven't bought anything. i went with my friend who had purchased a ramune from FYE downstairs. we came up to AA to find that they also sold them for the same price. and also had more flavors. and were cold. the thing i was most amazed about was the giant screen they had set up. they were playing some anime movie i hadn't seen yet. but i thought that was a cool feature. all of their items they had for sale were cool. but i didn't see anything i was really interested in. what was really weird was that the day i went to go see the store apparently there was a meetup at lloyd. i didn't participate i just knew it was kumoricon people. anyways. i really like the store and had a nice conversation with the people at the register. i will definatly go back when they have more in stock and more of a variety. i give the store **** out of 5