Author Topic: Fur help?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Fur help?
« on: April 08, 2012, 06:41:09 pm »
I'm not sure if this goes here or not but if anyone can help me, I would be very happy ^-^

I'm making a pair of fox ears for a friend and I'm going to be dying them in a rainbow pattern of yellow, orange, pink, and purple. But I don't know the best way to dye the fur.
Can anyone help me?

Offline hyperkineticenergy

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
Re: Fur help?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:00:56 pm »
It's really hard to dye fur. If you want the best results, I seriously, from the bottom of my widdle heart, recommend that you but the color of fur you need and sew the pieces together. So, just get the amount of fur that you need of each color (probably a half a yard of yellow, orange, pink, and purple), and then create your own pattern out of paper. Sew the different colors together to get the shape you want, and presto! Make it happen! 'Cause dying fur is almost next to impossible unless you have a fancy airbrush...Hope that was helpful!
Jay
Kcon2012:Umbreon, Romano, Shizuo, and Izaya

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:36 am »
You should to to Oregon leather adn by rabbit pelt they dye them those colors. and theri 5-8 a pelt and its then all you got to do is stich dying fur is very tricky speshially fake fur. and it end lead to a bad rezalt as well

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:05:12 am »
Oh. All the other things online I've found say to use sharpie ink, or acrylic paint. I can't sew very well, which is why I was doing whole pieces for the ears. I normally hotglue them to make them stand up and take form, but he won't let me do that for these. He demanded that they be soft.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 09:47:25 am »
Oh. All the other things online I've found say to use sharpie ink, or acrylic paint. I can't sew very well, which is why I was doing whole pieces for the ears. I normally hotglue them to make them stand up and take form, but he won't let me do that for these. He demanded that they be soft.

Sharpy dose work dont use the paint. If its fake fure or real it will ruine it. inside the ear if diffrent to give the inner coloring but use sparies the only issue with sharpy is it leeks if they get wet .

Offline NerdyNinja

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 05:47:37 pm »
Or you can look for rain bow fur online and just cute out the pattern and make ears. But sew the colors is the easiest way. I have been making fursuits for 2 years and I find that to be the quickest and better way. :D

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »
^-^ thank you
But it seems as though they don't want the ears anymore. Which is okies cuz I stole a bunch of the fur he bought anyways lol

Offline NerdyNinja

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:38:12 pm »
Problem Solved :D