Author Topic: Where can i get a yaoi paddle??????  (Read 7820 times)

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
Where can i get a yaoi paddle??????
« on: January 11, 2008, 05:13:44 pm »
forgive my ignorance,but where can i get a yaoi paddle!? ???
i wanna be a mongoose. can i be a mongoose dog?

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Re: Where can i get a yaoi paddle??????
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 05:39:49 pm »
I saw them at Kumoricon '07, but with how people treated each other with them, I'm not sure they'll be allowed anymore.

I don't really see the point of them, anyway. If you're going to hang it in your room, then that's fine, but if you want to hit others with it, then you really don't need one.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:01:29 pm »
I saw them at Kumoricon '07, but with how people treated each other with them, I'm not sure they'll be allowed anymore.

I don't really see the point of them, anyway. If you're going to hang it in your room, then that's fine, but if you want to hit others with it, then you really don't need one.
I agree that the first thought seems very likely... I even heard someone found a paddle or two snapped in half in the park...

As far as the later idea; Well of course you're going to want to use something as innocent seeming as a paddle. It's not like whipping it out is going to lob someone's arm or other vital body parts off.  The perceived risk associated with the consequences is the problem.  Most people don't realize it's still the same degree of intentional assault, it's literally rape in a non-sexual sense.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:27:48 pm »
I hope they have them again next year. Even though I feel that the way some people used them was a little outrageous. Like Sayda said, they are better suited for viewing, not for smacking. Know why they kept breaking? Cuz their not meant for smacking people with!! >.< end of story, lol.
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 12:01:11 am »
you might see them for sale but you will be asked to take them up to your room after purchase, even if its peace bound still has to be put away mainly because yesh people are stoopid and give a kid a paddle they will use it, there was a thread deacated to the subject before last years con
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 12:05:00 am »
Otaku logic~

*someone on security staff sees a person hitting random people with a Yaoi/Yuri paddle*

Staff: "I'm sorry, but you're going to have to get that peace-bonded because it's a weapon."
Attendee: "No I don't- it's not a weapon."
Staff: "What do you use it for?"
Attendee: "Hitting people."

*blink* Now if no one sees the logic flaw...

Though I'm an avid fan of yaoi myself, having the yaoi/yuri paddles available at con by a vendor is a privilege and not a right. If you can't handle the privilege, then you shouldn't have the paddle.

*goes to watch Kizuna*

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 12:31:27 pm »
yeah i guess ur right about the safety issue. i saw some pretty brutal paddle battles on youtube!LOL! it was so funny, but yeah i can see how yaoi and yuri paddles could become a problem.*is sad* i wanted to have a paddle battle! :'(

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 01:07:43 am »
Let me ask something, though.

How many people were hit with a paddle, WITHOUT consent this year? o-o

The sellers should directly say that if you hit someone else without consent with it, you could get kicked out of the con.

I don't see much of a problem with it if someone volunteers to be hit, and stands there with their butt out for a minute smiling like god was descending upon them. Especially when they just saw a line of other people get hit extremely hard with them, or even saw them break o_o;

--

Also, since no one is answering the poor girl's question... >_>;;

I think you can get 'em at HenDaNe.com
They sold theirs at Sakuracon once... =oooo Even if you won't be able to take them to the con next year (most likely), you'll still be able to play around with them with friends xD

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 05:40:50 pm »
I wonder how many people went home with butt bruises last year?
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 05:00:26 pm »
... Did you even read my post?

All I'm saying is, as long as they aren't hurting any bystanders, let them have their fun, or you'll only get a bunch of whining. Usually the only people complaining are the people watching... If that's a big problem, (age issues) Why don't you just lend them a room?

If someone complains about getting hit when they did willingly, it's the same deal with say.... Paintball. If you didn't want to get shot at, you shouldn't have had signed up!!

If random people are being /attacked/ with them, that's a different issue. But if that is so, the whole con shouldn't be punished for it. It should only be the people that are going around attacking everyone! That kind of thing is pretty much the same as someone running around wildly with a prop sword

Offline anime_rocker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 08:26:03 pm »
... Did you even read my post?

All I'm saying is, as long as they aren't hurting any bystanders, let them have their fun, or you'll only get a bunch of whining. Usually the only people complaining are the people watching... If that's a big problem, (age issues) Why don't you just lend them a room?

If someone complains about getting hit when they did willingly, it's the same deal with say.... Paintball. If you didn't want to get shot at, you shouldn't have had signed up!!

If random people are being /attacked/ with them, that's a different issue. But if that is so, the whole con shouldn't be punished for it. It should only be the people that are going around attacking everyone! That kind of thing is pretty much the same as someone running around wildly with a prop sword
you totally have a point! i didn't even think about that!(i'm totally blonde hence my Deidara cosplay. and i'm kinda assuming u know who he is cos' of ur icon,but if u don't it's cool~!)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 08:34:22 am »
Let me ask something, though.
How many people were hit with a paddle, WITHOUT consent this year? o-o
The sellers should directly say that if you hit someone else without consent with it, you could get kicked out of the con.

its because there is still the chance that some one could get really hurt even if they volunteerd to get hit with them, people lose their grip or swing to hard, and if its at con thats a big problem, i can just see the hospital room talk now "well i was at k-con and this guy wantedc to paddle me with his yaoi paddle and i said sure ...." not the best pr for the con, and there is liabilty
, which means if you want to start smackin peeps with a paddle go to the park or other site away from convention space

but by all means if you want come to a meeting and bring it up
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 09:07:01 am »
Ah crap, it deleted my post o_o; *can't remember it*

Okay. I said something about what happened with glomping this year, and how everything has a hazard and accidents can happen and whatnot...

But I've lost the point of this whole debate .-.

Uh. Okay.

What I want is simply that we keep Yaoi paddles at the con, but I'm 'okay' if hitting people is against the rules. It makes sense, I mean. But I still don't want the whole concept of paddles to be banned, just because of things that happened this year that were, in my opinion, completely fine. (They /were/ across the street, after all.) Just treat them like any other prop weapon, then.

If we keep paddles, I will be perfectly happy. owo Aaaaand also probably if we had something across the street, or a panel (WAIVERS!) or something where we could play around with them and not get in trouble.

What I've been so mad about is that so many people are screaming abuse and disorder about people who are doing something they love and want to do. If you're so scared of them, just stay away from the group D; (Unless, of course, they hit you anyway, in which case is assault and you should get a staffer >.<!!)

--

And thanks for the offer, but even if I had transportation to the meetings, I probably wouldn't go o_o; I'm not good at thinking of my argument on-the-spot, and I pretty much take.... a long time thinking of what to say. Unfortunately.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:43:35 am by Hazuza »

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 10:19:50 am »
If we're renting the park... then that becomes an issue as well...
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 04:30:31 pm »
You could make one, that would give each spanking a special meaning!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh