Author Topic: Help with uniform!  (Read 1332 times)

Offline venicekind

• Cabbit
    • My Anime List
Help with uniform!
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:39:20 am »
Hi! This year for kumoricon, I am cosplaying as Taiga in her sailor uniform from Toradora! I have all the things I need except for the tie. I'm not quite sure how to make one and I was wondering if anyone could help out and tell me how? The tie looks just like this. Just pay attention to the tie since it's all I need: http://fr.academic.ru/pictures/frwiki/83/Sailor-fuku_for_winter.jpg
I'm not sure what fabrics I need or which shape to cut it in so some help would be great.

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
Re: Help with uniform!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »
Doing some googling, the sailor neckerchief is simply a large square.  Instructions for tying it are here, though for your costume, you should only need an additional strip of dark fabric to hold the two ends together (instead of actually tying it).

Hope that helps!!

Offline venicekind

• Cabbit
    • My Anime List
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:53:10 pm »
Thank you very much!

Offline venicekind

• Cabbit
    • My Anime List
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:55:37 pm »
Oh and also it would be helpful if someone told me what type of fabric I should use! and how big should the square be?

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 12:05:37 am »
You'll probably want something kind of thin and airy, but still opaque; I'm not sure how much you'll need, though.

Offline venicekind

• Cabbit
    • My Anime List
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:23:02 am »
Alright. Gotcha.

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 11:22:37 am »
It should be long enough diagonally to wrap around your neck and come down the length you'd like in front, allowing for it to go under the collar and being rolled up.  I guestimated about 42" for me, but yours could be longer or shorter (I recommend using a tailor's measuring tape).  I also read they're usually made of silk, though Chibachi's right.. anything lightweight should work.

Good luck!