Author Topic: First timers: How was it?  (Read 4199 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
First timers: How was it?
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:17:04 am »
Yeah, for some of us, this was our first KumoriCon ever! Myself included.

What I want to do here is to ask ya KC first-timers: Did ya like it? What was your fave parts? Would you come back?

1. Yeah, I sure did. It was great beyond my wildest dreams! The sad part: Now every con seems like an annual rite of passage for me- the excitement that I have pre-con: Gone! :(

2. I liked Anime Jeopardy. Surely, I knew more than I did on my anime. Oh, and the photoshoots were fun.

3. Yeah, I will. But I am stuck between this con and Anime Vegas for 2009- help!

If you want to add your own Qs, feel free. :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline samalam

• Cabbit
Re: First timers: How was it?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:44 pm »
I did'nt go to any pannels but I did enjoy the veiwing rooms they gave me a break from uncomfortable shoes
kimoricon tips: dont wear evil shoes!
kumoricon-09
marshmello fuu~

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:52:52 pm »
I'm not a first timer but hey every con is a new adventure. you never know what's gonna happen.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 12:51:39 am »
Well, I was at K-con for a while on the first day last year, but this was my first full con adventure (as in, coming to the con all three days and staying most of the time).
They were the happiest three days of my entire summer, if not my entire life. ;A;
I mean, I got a photograph with two Pyramid Heads and stumbled across a Princess Tutu photoshoot in the same day.
*GLEE* >W<
So much fun. I'm so coming back next year...to give people more seizures of joy from all my colors~ :3

Offline SpearXXI

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 01:55:44 am »
I had a blast, even though I missed a bunch of panels. I might even cosplay next year...

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 06:05:36 pm »
It was epic win. I am definately comming back next year.  :) That was a lot of fun.

Though now as far as dances go, I'm a little depressed because none of them live up to the raves.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:27:22 pm »
Kumoricon was my first convention and now I'm a cosplay ADDICT!
I liked all of the panels, and the photoshoots.
the cosplay contest was hilarious, the dances were amazing, and everyone almost always seemed to be bubbly and friendly!
But the main thing I love anout Kumoricon is that just about EVERYONE is cosplaying!
me and my friends have already decided on coming back next year!!

Offline flash15

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:09:57 pm »
I thought it was a great con.  I loved all the panels I went too, they were a lot of fun.  Much more interesting than the panels at AX this year.  And I love that it is in Portland.  And that because it is over the long weekend I know I can always go.  And I was able to introduce one of my friends to the anime convention scene.  Think she will be going next year.  That makes it a lot of fun too, playing guide and the like.

My only problem actually the behavior of some of the participants.  I felt really bad for the Double Tree staff and non con people staying there because you had the people running around playing super loud music, ect.  And some of the rooms?!?!  Know for a fact of one room where the bed was not usable because it had been thrown up on.  That is just disgusting. 

I guess it was just having it so entwined with the hotel just did not strike me as a great thing.  But it is still small enough that they cant be moving it to a non-hotel facility.

So overall, had a lot of fun during the con, but cant wait until we are bigger and can move to a non-hotel location, though I am looking forward to seeing what it is like at the Hilton this coming year.

Offline hotfuzzrules

• Oni
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 10:43:38 pm »
it was my first con and i was overwellmed so the only things i really got to do were pirate V.S. ninja and shojo/shonen-ai sleep over XP which was very fun *3*

Offline RandomCosplay

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 01:12:48 am »
so - so honistly ( dont be mad plz ) but yea I guess me and my girl had a bad inperssion on a few we ment befor the con again to start anew would be nice and again we are sorry but the one thing I did love Kcon for was the out take panel and seeing all the cosplayers dressed up it was fun hope next year is even better for us

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 01:13:19 am »
Er...I had fun going insane thanks to a pocky insedent =o Missed ever event tho >.< (warning do not give sam sugar!) =3 and I got owned by some pple and mawled ALOT >w>
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 08:35:58 am »
3. Yeah, I will. But I am stuck between this con and Anime Vegas for 2009- help!

You have to go to k-con!!  Just got to Sakuracon in between to make up for the other one

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 03:38:46 pm »
Oh I enjoyed it lots I didn't go to many panels but I went outside a couple times and spent time at the Venders and watched some K-dramas with my friend XD and yes I am coming back 8D
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 10:41:26 am »
4th year anniversary for me and still loving it!

It's three days away from my real life. What a blast!

Love all the people, panels, COSPLAYS, and atmosphere. (ahem, except for random glomps)

:-*

I think I should stop spending 70% of my time in gaming, tho'....it's fun there too! One of these years, when I am brave enough, I will sing Karaoke and perhaps...do a skit. Oh, boy...
And so it begins...

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 12:44:52 pm »
This was my first KumoriCon, and I LOVED it!  Like shanime_panda, I'm hooked on cosplay. :P

I loved the panels I went to, the cosplay contest, all the cosplayers, the photos, the atmosphere...  everything!

Heck yes I'm going to come back!  My sister wants to as well. :3
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 02:22:48 pm »
I'm glad that you had fun. Hanging out with you and your sister made the whole thing a lot more fun and now I absolutely can't wait for sakuracon. I need to get new material to redo my belt >_> Maybe this weekend, like Sunday or so, want to go with me Toxikon?

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 04:40:42 pm »
Sure, where are you going to go?

Also, to stay on topic, I especially enjoyed the Slightly Anime Dating Game.  I'm really looking forward to it!  I'd like to participate, but don't know if I could think on my feet fast enough.
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 04:43:20 pm »
I know I couldn't think of good responses fast enough....they should tell you the questions before hand XD

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 04:58:53 pm »
It was so awesome for me!!
First con, First time cosplaying and i won 1st place for the costumes i made! ^^ i was very pleased :3
I didn't get to do much (because I got grounded the day before con ><;;) But what i did get to do was SO MUCH FUN!! ^^