Author Topic: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning - DISBANDED  (Read 276474 times)

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
True, we should probably aim .HACK/G.U. for a con that's in the coldish of seasons, right?

Since we're on the topic of other cons, do you guys think New Days should also shoot to go to Sakuracon? o.o If so, the $35 pre-reg ends on the 30th of June...

If we went to Sakuracon, what cosplays would we choose?
ALSO,if we decide to stay at a hotel. I refuse to say at the marriott. Sorry : [
And also, SAKURACON hotels are MUCH more expensive. SO if you know anyone who lives in Seattle ; DDDDD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Mine too! The whole group in one room... It'd give us some valuable bonding time and cheaper hotel cost :3

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
If we switch to Gurren Laggen, could I possibly be Nia? ^^;
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
Are we really dibbing Gurren Lagann characters now? xD

...I call Yoko.

OMG MEGAN YOU WOULD MAKE AN AWESOME LEERON.

@Gwar
GURREN IS LOVE OMGGG NIA I LOVE HER. I WANT TO BE HER XDDD

*blush* I DIBS NIA

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:43:34 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
True, we should probably aim .HACK/G.U. for a con that's in the coldish of seasons, right?

Since we're on the topic of other cons, do you guys think New Days should also shoot to go to Sakuracon? o.o If so, the $35 pre-reg ends on the 30th of June...
I thought this group was only going to be for Kumoricon. ;~;

@Allyssa: Even if she does come back next month, I'll do my best to be there. ^^  Do you know the date for next month's meet-up?
I really did have a great time, and it was an honor to be there and get to meet you in person. >//<
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website

I thought this group was only going to be for Kumoricon. ;~;

@Allyssa: Even if she does come back next month, I'll do my best to be there. ^^  Do you know the date for next month's meet-up?
I really did have a great time, and it was an honor to be there and get to meet you in person. >//<

I think going to other cons would be fun.
But... will your family allow that? DX
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:46:24 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART

Yeah sorry, looks like Natalie called Nia way back when, lol she even dug up proof xD

And I didn't say if this group was going to be for Kumoricon only because I wanted to hear from the other members sooner or later. Maybe I will hold a poll about it tomorrow after school so everyone will get the chance to voice their opinion. I'm fine whether or not we go to Sakuracon.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~

Yeah sorry, looks like Natalie called Nia way back when, lol she even dug up proof xD

And I didn't say if this group was going to be for Kumoricon only because I wanted to hear from the other members sooner or later. Maybe I will hold a poll about it tomorrow after school so everyone will get the chance to voice their opinion. I'm fine whether or not we go to Sakuracon.

Oops. Sorry Natalie. Didn't see the post. xD;;

Also, I already know that Sakuracon is a no-go... >_>;;
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
That's okay, we don't really need all the members to go to represent our group there.

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
There's a ton of Gurren Lagann Girls. @.@ There's....
Darry, Kiyal, Kinon, Kiyoh, and...Reite! X:
Well, that's not very many.. @~@ But you know. >w<
Did you guys see the group last year? =D It was so cool! :3 They even had the flag. XD

Also, I asked my dad about the Meeting in July. He said thats alright.
I told my dad about you Sam, just to confirm a few things. xD

and I asked him about the hotel...err... >w< I gotta convince him to allow me to go in the hotel. >o<;
I think once he meets everyone, I think he will feel more comfortable. o: He just gave me the "maybe." answer. Dx
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
(I know this is thinking waaay ahead, but http://hotels.seattle.com/hotel/propertydetails/107348/SUMMARY?isHRN=true&position=1&travelDetail=[20100402-2]2&cid=56234 looks like an ok hotel if we stayed together.  :D A block away from the Convention Center and it's good priced.)

WE'LL MISS YOU (if we even go lol)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
There's a ton of Gurren Lagann Girls. @.@ There's....
Darry, Kiyal, Kinon, Kiyoh, and...Reite! X:
Well, that's not very many.. @~@ But you know. >w<
Did you guys see the group last year? =D It was so cool! :3 They even had the flag. XD

Also, I asked my dad about the Meeting in July. He said thats alright.
I told my dad about you Sam, just to confirm a few things. xD

and I asked him about the hotel...err... >w< I gotta convince him to allow me to go in the hotel. >o<;
I think once he meets everyone, I think he will feel more comfortable. o: He just gave me the "maybe." answer. Dx

I LOVE GURREN LAGANN GROUPS WHEN THEY ARE DONE RIGHT.

(Those are my Australian friends again, ghast them! I want to be cool like that orz)

And I'm glad you can come to the meeting! If your dad is concerned about anything, he can call me to talk to me personally if he'd like, just PM me for my cell number :3

I also hope you can stay in the same room as us! IT'S CHEAP!

@ Megan

(It's not thinking waaay ahead, it's using your smarts! <3 And I would like to say that if we can get at least five members to Sakuracon, we would have enough to REPREZENT and even do a skit :D)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:56:58 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
8D This will be exciting, if we do it~

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
@Elizabeth
I'm sorry DX [is shot]
I'm a terrible person

@Everyone
Gurren Laggan done right is the best :3 it makes me all happy inside and out~~~ : 3333
I just need to get muscle for Nia, and find out WHERE IN THE HELL THEY SELL HER CONTACTS if we end up doing Gurren. (If so...I don't know which version to do of Nia..short hair or long. DX )

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
lol, you're not a bad person :P

And I think short hair Nia would be easier, just because long wigs are difficult to manage which is why I crossplay now, haha.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
lol, you're not a bad person :P

And I think short hair Nia would be easier, just because long wigs are difficult to manage which is why I crossplay now, haha.

True~ I've never had a short wig~~~~~~~ :33333333

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I think you will look really cute :3

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
@Natalie: You aren't bad at all! D:  I just feel silly for not noticing it earlier. xB  And I agree with Sam on the wig. :3

I think I'll probably end up going with Kiyal or Kinon. As of right now, could you put me as Kiyal, please? ><
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Got it!

Hehe, so which do you guys think we'll end up doing? G.U. or Gurren Lagann? xD Or a different series someone mentions in the future?

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
Got it!

Hehe, so which do you guys think we'll end up doing? G.U. or Gurren Lagann? xD Or a different series someone mentions in the future?

Well we can do .Hack//G.U in the future, but those cosplays would need a while to become PERFECT.
I think Gurren is a good cosplay for our next one : D

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I don't care what we do because I already dibbed the characters I wanted :D

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Just throwing another one out there while we're still in that phase...
How about characters from Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age? It's my favorite video game series ever and I've always wanted to do a group cosplay of it. Some people said they might, but it wouldn't really be a big group.

With this we could get all eight of the main characters covered along with the two main villians from the first game (or second). All of the characters are really cute and would be fun to do that style of cosplay.

I'm already cosplaying as Jenna next year, so it could work out well for the group if they want to~ ^.^
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Ack, I've only played the first Golden Sun, and I never got to beat it @_@ And I wouldn't do any of the characters justice if I cosplayed as them, they all look so different from me D: I guess if I had to choose someone, it'd be Mia.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
Ack, I've only played the first Golden Sun, and I never got to beat it @_@ And I wouldn't do any of the characters justice if I cosplayed as them, they all look so different from me D: I guess if I had to choose someone, it'd be Mia.

Same here XD I feel stupid now [hitshead] I don't even know where that game went!! DX

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
When I first played it I fell in love with it and just had to buy it. I've beaten the game countless numbers and always love replaying it. Pokemon I get bored replaying sometimes, but never GS. ^^;;

It's sort of a tricky game to play, but once you get the hang of it.. yeah. xD

Also, for anyone who's interested, the guy characters are sort of feminine and can basically be portrayed by anyone. xD
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
THE LOGO CONTEST IS CLOSED!

Poll to be held Thursday afternoon :3

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
THE LOGO CONTEST IS CLOSED!

Poll to be held Thursday afternoon :3

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE~~!!!

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Wow a lot to reply to, but I'll do my best. xD

About Sakuracon hotel rooms. My mom is really cool about that. I'm definately going, and I've gone for the past two years. I might be able to bring 1-2 people with me to stay in the hotel too.

And Gurren Lagann...I really know nothing about it so dibbing for me would be ultimately pointless. I might not even be able to do it, eh hehhhhh.

@Elizabeth

It was an honor to meet you too.~ You were so awesome!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:22:16 am by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
Wow a lot to reply to, but I'll do my best. xD

About Sakuracon hotel rooms. My mom is really cool about that. I'm definately going, and I've gone for the past two years. I might be able to bring 1-2 people with me to stay in the hotel too.

And Gurren Lagann...I really know nothing about it so dibbing for me would be ultimately pointless. I might not even be able to do it, eh hehhhhh.

@Elizabeth

It was an honor to meet you too

.~ You were so awesome!

@Romo

This is Gurren Laggan~

And I think you would make an AWESOME Adiane (she's batching~~~) Because you have the pefect body,height etc.ect.

INFORMATION http://gurennlagann.wikia.com/wiki/Adiane

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART

Sweet so, that makes four of us already who are interested in bringing New Days to Sakuracon :3

And it's really way too early to be thinking of stuff for next year, so don't worry about it, haha. Unless we get enough interest in Sakuracon, we won't need to think about a new theme for awhile~ Though I do agree you'd make a good Adiane xD
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:23:11 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
wow  pages XDD
I love Gurren Lagann !
We should do that in the future ! :DD
Maybe we could do both hack gu and gurren lagann
at sakuracon if we go..
I'll be going but I need a ride..XDD
I call Kiyal or Kinon not Kiyoh (blonde wig :P XD )
So are you going to sakuracon Sam? or Natalie? and others??

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I agree, we HAVE to do Gurren Lagann sometime or another xD I don't think we could do them both at Sakuracon, but we could definitely do G.U. there and Gurren for K-Con 2010. I know K-Con gets pretty warm, even in September, but Sakuracon is considerably colder, even in April. The people who've shown interest in going to Sakuracon so far are me, Natalie, Megan and Ally. Since you're going too, we have at least half the members going! I will hold a survey to see if anyone else is interested, and we should decide on the theme :3

SAKURACON SURVEY! Who's going?
- iluvshijimi
- anime_gurl_123
- CatchxMe
- Romo
- IcyMelon

Can't Go *sad face*
- Kagome219

And I have your Kiyal and Kinon reserve down~

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Yay :DD
So we are cosplaying as Hack Gu for sakuracon?
and Gurren Lagann for kumoricon 10'? :DD
yay people who are going ! :DDDD
and it was cold when I went to sakuracon this
year. and Kumoricon is WAY warmer XD

Oh darn it ! Kagome can't go TT^TT

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
If the Sakura-Con goers agree on G.U., then that will be the theme~ I'd like to hear from every member to see if they're going or not first though.

Also, instead of buttons for group members to wear at cons to show who's in New Days, I think I will make arm bands instead (you know, like the SOS Brigade arm band Suzumiya Haruhi wears in TMoHS), how does that sound? They're easier to see because they're WAY bigger than buttons and they're cool, so there :L
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:08:52 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
If the Sakura-Con goers agree on G.U., then that will be the theme~ I'd like to hear from every member to see if they're going or not first though.

Also, instead of buttons for group members to wear at cons to show who's in New Days, I think I will make arm bands instead (you know, like the SOS Brigade arm band Suzumiya Haruhi wears in TMoHS), how does that sound? They're easier to see because they're WAY bigger than buttons and they're cool, so there :L

Sakuracon I would like to go if it is cheap DX I'm lame I know. DX [is shot] but with my money expenses at the moment I need a job (anyone know anyplace hiring? I've looked everywhere) ; v ;

As for cosplay....I would like to do G.U. When I have lots of money *(since the cosplays are very complex) I would want mine to be perfect to the point where it doesn't need anything else to fix. XD I'm just really picky when it comes to really good .HACK cosplays XD
I love the idea of .HACK cosplays,but they would need time to perfect~ and there is nothing wrong with that in my book  :333
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:11:45 am by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
I agree with Natalie :DD
Perfect Hack cosplayers are best :DD
I also would love to do G.U ;DD
-High five Natalie !-

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
I agree with Natalie :DD
Perfect Hack cosplayers are best :DD
I also would love to do G.U ;DD
-High five Natalie !-

-HIGH FIVE- :3333

But I reallly REALLLLY want to do Gurren too DX [diesdies] Can my vote go to that? [IS SHOT]
I think if we went to a winter con (Such as Aki-con etc.etc) we could do .HACK?

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I agree~ So is that a no for G.U. from you? Since we have five members who are interested in going, I could suggest Mobile Suit Gundam 00 as the Sakura-Con theme...

You could be Miss Sumeragi Lee Noriega Natalie :3 (Though I know you hate pants, sorry >.<)

Viv could be Feldt Grace?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:18:20 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
I agree~ So is that a no for G.U. from you? Since we have five members who are interested in going, I could suggest Mobile Suit Gundam 00 as the Sakura-Con theme...

You could be Miss Sumeragi Lee Noriega Natalie :3 (Though I know you hate pants, sorry >.<)

Hmmm those are nice pants~~~

OR we could do Oofuri~~ (just saying) and we can get the commission asked for COSPLAYFU (for the baseball suits)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:19:23 am by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
DELETE THIS POST
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:19:03 am by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
OR we could do Oofuri~~ (just saying) and we can get the commission asked for COSPLAYFU (for the baseball suits)

Ahhh, you KNOW I love Oofuri, but it's just not a well-known series! orz I'm going to have to say no to that because I don't think anyone'd know who we are T.T

We could do... Hetalia?

Prince of Tennis?

Fullmetal Alchemist? (But only the Ed, Winry and the military characters because I would HATE to make someone do Al xD)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:30:26 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website

Ahhh, you KNOW I love Oofuri, but it's just not a well-known series! orz I'm going to have to say no to that because I don't think anyone'd know who we are T.T

We could do... Hetalia?

Ah true, I was just thinking it was a large convention [is shot]
Ahhh I don't know about Hetalia, there might be a lot of others. DX
HMMMMM
I like the idea of Gurren or Gundam for Sakuracon (both G's hahha) If only for Gundam I had a Billy [is shot]

Um [thinks]

How about Hatsukoi Limited

(might not be recognizable)

Hayate no Gotoku!!

PandoraHearts

Shangri La

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S

Valkyria Chronicles (I love Alicia~~ *blushblush*)

AND THAT IS ALL I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:37:54 am by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
OMGILOVEHAYATETHECOMBATBUTLER!

I haven't had the chance to watch Pandora Hearts yet, but the costumes look interesting!

I was thinking... Katekyo Hitman Reborn?

I always wanted to do Chrome Dokuro <3

Gintama?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:43:55 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S

Awwww, the pink one is sooo cute. ^^

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
WE COULD DO HARUHI. Since 5 members are going to Sakuracon (maybeeee)
XDD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
We could, but we'd have to be REALLY GOOD because SuzuHaru is definitely one of the most overdone series of the year.

So are you going for the whole weekend now? :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:49:24 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
We could, but we'd have to be REALLY GOOD because SuzuHaru is definitely one of the most overdone series of the year.

So are you going for the whole weekend now? :P

Haha I would definitely like to : 333 but first I must find a job DX if you know anywhere that is hiring please do not hesitate to tell me

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII?

Final Fantasy XII?

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:55:15 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
I really like the Gundam 00 Idea.... but that just might be only me XD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO DO GUNDAM AS WELL.

If we end up doing it, I dibs Setsuna or Tieria~

And I'm currently practicing Night of Fire. I recommend at least 30 minutes of practice a day (though I practice for an hour because I have no life orz) and you should be good by the time we meet! And remember, you'll want to base your practice on the mirrored version of the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6kS27F-OBI

That reminds me, I think we should figure out the stage arrangement soon so people can start practicing. It's actually really hard to learn the dance from one side and then have to switch to another because you got moved or something. Let's finalize the dance formation now.

T.K.                                                             Kari
   Mimi                                                    Joe      
      Sora (blue)                           Izzy (green)
         Tai (pink dancer)    Matt (orange)

Does that make any sense? So we will be in a "V" formation.

Edit: I think Tai and Sora should base their moves off the pink dancer, Matt and Izzy off the orange, Mimi and T.K. off the blue dancer and Joe and Kari off the green one. So that everyone has a beginning/ending pose and we start and end smoothly. So it looks like this:

T.K.                                                                           Kari
   Mimi (blue)                                            Joe (green)     
      Sora                                                Izzy
         Tai (pink dancer)    Matt (orange)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:17:26 am by iluvshijimi »