Author Topic: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread  (Read 349630 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread
« Reply #2750 on: August 29, 2011, 08:13:47 pm »
I'm getting busy work done tonight, really. Just little things that need done but by no means need to be done now. I'm just itching to work on cosplay and looking every direction for something to do.

So, I just cut the fingers off the glove for Barret, getting his glove done and out of the way. I also got my "arm-sock" ready for the gun, to prevent moisture from condensing on the inside of the gun-arm. Hopefully that will work, because craft foam + moisture = gonna have a bad time.

I also began the work on Ox King's hat (aka cut the brim off a baseball cap, lol). I don't have access to my glue gun right now, so I can't put the horns on yet, but I will be putting the emblem on the front tonight or tomorrow.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

oslapedo

« Reply #2751 on: August 29, 2011, 08:39:39 pm »
I've always wanted to be like Gaga and this costume was cheap so my dream is coming true! Gonna dance so hard in this.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #2752 on: August 29, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »
I've always wanted to be like Gaga and this costume was cheap so my dream is coming true! Gonna dance so hard in this.

THAT'S THE BEST. I APPROVE.

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #2753 on: August 29, 2011, 08:41:25 pm »

Lol Awesome!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2754 on: August 29, 2011, 09:20:51 pm »
-screams - OMG >< I pricked my hadn 24 times trying to get my friends costume done intime for con

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2755 on: August 29, 2011, 10:44:23 pm »
RAWRRRR!!!!! Almost done guys!!!! All I have to do is do the beading, wig styling, other accessories, and shopping for random stuff! Also need to make the leg pillows/padding for legs, hopefully the tights I just ordered come in time! Picture:

Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2756 on: August 29, 2011, 11:08:32 pm »
Looking very good! That's a lot of bows.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2757 on: August 29, 2011, 11:17:55 pm »
Thanks! Yup, she's got a lot of bows. They took me a lot longer than I thought they would. XP But the arm thing took a lot less time, so it was alright.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2758 on: August 29, 2011, 11:27:39 pm »
@Bunny_jean
It just keeps getting better and better!
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2759 on: August 30, 2011, 12:16:44 am »
I started working on styling Maka's wig a few minutes ago. I'm waiting for the glue to dry, so tomorrow before I head to work, or after I get off work if they aren't dry yet, I'm going to finish up Maka's wig. Then I just need to fix up the vest and deal with the boots. Then if I have time I'll try to make the jacket.
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2760 on: August 30, 2011, 07:34:36 am »
Wolfwood has white crosses finally.  Vash revolver is getting painted tonight and everything is getting sealed up tomorrow night.  I'm so close to being finished I can't contain my excitement. 

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2761 on: August 30, 2011, 08:57:42 am »
@tofu: Thanks! :D As always.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2762 on: August 30, 2011, 12:59:10 pm »

Are you planning on singing a Lady Gaga song in the Karaoke room?  That'd be EPIC!!!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #2763 on: August 30, 2011, 05:17:36 pm »
alright finally done with this sword. This is a record time for me from conception to completion and I have to say I'm damn proud of this work. There are a few areas that aren't as perfect as i would like but a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was rushing it and didn't take as much time as I could have otherwise.

Check My full album on photobucket here

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #2764 on: August 30, 2011, 05:38:00 pm »
RAWRRRR!!!!! Almost done guys!!!! All I have to do is do the beading, wig styling, other accessories, and shopping for random stuff! Also need to make the leg pillows/padding for legs, hopefully the tights I just ordered come in time! Picture:

WOW! Ima be looking for you for sure. It looks amazing

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2765 on: August 30, 2011, 05:49:31 pm »

WOW! Ima be looking for you for sure. It looks amazing
Thanks! :D
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2766 on: August 30, 2011, 06:00:42 pm »
alright finally done with this sword. This is a record time for me from conception to completion and I have to say I'm damn proud of this work. There are a few areas that aren't as perfect as i would like but a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was rushing it and didn't take as much time as I could have otherwise.

Check My full album on photobucket here

Looks real good....got to run into you and see it.  quite jealous of your garage tho.   ;D

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2767 on: August 30, 2011, 06:56:20 pm »
Finished up Yuna's skirt! It looks awesome. Now, I'm on to finishing the belt, and also finishing the staff. ^_^

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2768 on: August 30, 2011, 07:06:14 pm »
Well... I have cosplay good news and bad news.

Good news: I got the things I need for Paprika and got all of the extraneous make up stuff for Miku.

Bad news: The belt and shoes for Paprika aren't the right colors so I have to paint them. Also, I tried dying the ponytails for Miku's wig, and couldn't remember how long to put them in for, so I put them in and went to check, and when I came back 5 min later and rinsed them they were too dark. >_> So I probably won't use them for this con and might try to lighten them another time with RIT color remover. I'll take a pic of them when they're dry.

The rest of tonight I will be beading and trying to style the base wig I have. Luckily DWC Miku's hair doesn't need perfect ponytails. XP Might even look more like the vid if they're not perfect. Also, the wig is super thick, so it will hopefully have enough wefts and won't be gross looking. XP
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #2769 on: August 30, 2011, 07:36:10 pm »
I FINALLY FINISHED MY BELLLLTTTTTTT!!!!

It's not perfect, but with the distractions of school starting back up, picking up extra hours at work, and all the wasted time I spent on my previous two attempts at this things, it'll have to do.

Best part is I got it so that the belt actually clips together like a seat-belt, and the center piece attaches with super strong magnets, so it literally takes like 10 seconds to get on and off. The belt is also a tad bit looser than it was when I first measured it out, since apparently I've lost a couple lbs since last week.... not going to complain about that though. lol.

A big thanks to EveofAbyss, if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have gotten this thing done, or I would have settled for something I wasn't happy with. I had a bit of a freakout over how my previous attempts at the belt turned out, and he was the one person who gave me real constructive advice on what to do, and actually got me out of my "fabric" mindset and looking at alternative options (granted I didn't end up going with craft foam, but it got me on the right track!) I'm really thankful to these forums, and users like him, because honestly without it I would have been feeling really unenthused about this whole outfit/situation. If I see you at con expect lots of smiles and a big hug!!!! =]

(before I put the last little touches on it)

(FINISHED!!!!)
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #2770 on: August 30, 2011, 07:50:10 pm »
Finally finished almost all of my Mara Jade! Got my boots and just need to go to target and pick up a storm trooper blaster to paint :)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2771 on: August 30, 2011, 08:00:06 pm »
so here i am getting this dress done ... and i go and step ... and a needle gets jamed between my toenail and under the qudical......>< white dress + blood bad I idea so herei am sitting still bleeding slught =.= and stiching

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2772 on: August 30, 2011, 08:15:42 pm »
A big thanks to EveofAbyss, if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have gotten this thing done, or I would have settled for something I wasn't happy with. I had a bit of a freakout over how my previous attempts at the belt turned out, and he was the one person who gave me real constructive advice on what to do, and actually got me out of my "fabric" mindset and looking at alternative options (granted I didn't end up going with craft foam, but it got me on the right track!) I'm really thankful to these forums, and users like him, because honestly without it I would have been feeling really unenthused about this whole outfit/situation. If I see you at con expect lots of smiles and a big hug!!!! =]

That is so awesome, dubaby! I'm so happy to hear that your belt turned out well. It does look really nice, and hearing how functional it is (the magnets are brilliant), is really cool. *thumbs up* Just glad I was able to help, and I look forward to running into you at con! ^_^

so here i am getting this dress done ... and i go and step ... and a needle gets jamed between my toenail and under the qudical......>< white dress + blood bad I idea so herei am sitting still bleeding slught =.= and stiching

Aaaaah...I am so sorry, Titus. I read that and literally cringed. That does not sound fun at all. Do get that taken care of. Hopefully it heals quickly.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:17:49 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2773 on: August 30, 2011, 08:27:16 pm »

Holy Crap Ouch!!!!! that made my toes curl up and die. 

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2774 on: August 30, 2011, 08:41:44 pm »
Something like that happened to me today. D:
I was at the doctors and they made me pee in a cup. When I went to lock the bathroom door the lock didn't work so I pushed it in harder to make it lock and in the process of pushing the tip of my right thumb nail bent completely up. So it was pointing straight up to the ceiling... It didn't hurt at first I was just like, "OMFGFeafgrshffygfhbg!!!!" I flipped the nail back down and did my business. Then when I was waiting in the room it started to hurt and I noticed it was starting to leak blood. :/ It still kinda hurts a bit and there is a nice crease in my nail where it had bent.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2775 on: August 30, 2011, 08:47:34 pm »
Aaa! I'm sorry for you too. Geeze....anything involving nails makes me cringe so hardcore. Yeesh....awful.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2776 on: August 30, 2011, 09:15:53 pm »
I did the waist beading, but haven't sewn the strands on yet. Should I do less:

Or more:

Opinions? I kind of like more, but at the same time it is starting to look uber busy, but some of the top beading might be partially covered by the corset, soooo.... I don't know. XP
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2777 on: August 30, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2780 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:49 pm »
OMG GUYS. OKAY!!! XDDD I just want to let you know that that successive quoting made me laugh super hard irl. lolol
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2781 on: August 30, 2011, 09:29:21 pm »
XD yes, moar does look better

FINALLY FINISHED RAICHU. I'll post pics tomorrow. Also i'll hopefully have Heather done tomorrow cause me and my mom are hitting up all the thrift store around town to look for boots for Heather. WISH ME LUCK! [oh, i also got a new vest for Heather. this one is less cool and has a teal colored inside so its less accurate but it fits nicer hence is more comfy and was only like two dollars.]

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2782 on: August 30, 2011, 09:39:18 pm »
I'm adding some interfacing to the bottom of Medusa's hood because it's not stiff enough. But I really want to work on my Aladdin dress. Really badly. Even though I don't need it for another two weeks after con.

And more is much nicer looking. :D
da/tumblr

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2783 on: August 30, 2011, 11:14:11 pm »
Yuna is almost done! I just have to add on the final parts to the belt (which one part is currently soaking in some fabric dye).

I must say it's looking ok. Some parts are off, but I'm surprised I've made it this far since I'm such a newbie when it comes to sewing costumes. :3
(And I look SO horrible in this photo. But after hours and hours of working on this costume, I wasn't to worried about how I looked at the time...)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2784 on: August 31, 2011, 12:59:14 am »
peroxide and a blech pen everythings all good I manage to get the dress done =.= when you guy see it don't laugh.. I hand stiched all of it :_: my friend wearing ot tp the tsubasa shoot so yeah and for my toe ...... Yeah I missing half a toe nail oddly after I jamed it in the door.... I figure why not more issues befor con and it's all on the leg with nerv damage so we all good :P but I got the blood out of the dress and maybe the sause from dinner becuse I moved and my plate on food when flying onto the dress as well =.=

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #2785 on: August 31, 2011, 01:00:21 am »
So as I'm doing a Scottish version of a SeeD mercenary do you guys think I should throw on some braveheart style blue face paint of do think that would be a bit much?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #2786 on: August 31, 2011, 03:13:53 am »
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who said school girls were easy? Let me KILL THEM!!!  >:(

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #2787 on: August 31, 2011, 09:17:06 am »
Slowly getting there.

Yumi:• Kimonos been made {Shoulders need to be taken in and then add the little bows to them}
• Hair has been cut and dyed black
• Fans have been repainted
[still have the white sleeves, boot covers, bandages, and obi to do]

Harley:• Pants are cut out and decorated {not sewn together yet}
• Shirts almost done {Need to sew on the sleeves and add dark green triangles to the front}
• Boots have been fixed and rubber cemented just incase
• Wigs bangs have been cut and styled.
[Still have the hat and the cacturne plush to finish, along with the tank top and belt]

Haruhi:• Knee high socks have been bought
• Shoes have gotten the bow taken off them
[Still need to shorten the shirt and bow]

Only got today and tomorrow to finish them. Think I can do it? O^O

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:19:40 am by Tranny »

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2788 on: August 31, 2011, 10:21:45 am »
      I finally finished the costume part of my Drunk waiter England and figured out how my biding's going to work. All I have left is get my hair cut and dyed. 

I'll post a pic later (as soon as I figure out out to)
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline sushisoap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2789 on: August 31, 2011, 01:16:06 pm »
King Kazuma is almost complete~ Going to go grab some of those cheap opera gloves today, cut them up and finish the gloves. Finish the belt~ thennn.. :DD

Here's a makeup test with just the face, though all exposed skin will be covered.

The belt isn't as shiny in the movie as it is in the figure.. I tried to make it true to form and I think it came out really well.
2012 cosplays:

0% done // 5% done // 0% done

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2790 on: August 31, 2011, 01:32:52 pm »
King Kazuma is almost complete~ Going to go grab some of those cheap opera gloves today, cut them up and finish the gloves. Finish the belt~ thennn.. :DD

Here's a makeup test with just the face, though all exposed skin will be covered.

The belt isn't as shiny in the movie as it is in the figure.. I tried to make it true to form and I think it came out really well.
*UUUUUUUUUUUU* I AM SO PLEASED WITH THIIIIS. ♥♥♥♥
da/tumblr

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2791 on: August 31, 2011, 01:35:40 pm »

That's true, the belt wasn't that shiny.  Maybe they wanted it to seem more like a real-life title...?

Either way, you're making some excellent progress!  How are the gloves coming?  It looks like that's just about it for you.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2792 on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:42 pm »
Here's a progress pic of my hat for Ox King.

I just need to paint a symbol on the front and this will be finished. It's actually really comfortable, so that will be nice.

After this, I need to paint his glasses, and try everything on to make sure it works together.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2793 on: August 31, 2011, 02:39:53 pm »
Looks fantastic! Well done!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2794 on: August 31, 2011, 02:46:51 pm »
Thanks! (Though I cheated and just bought viking helmet horns and painted those, instead of making my own....lol)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2795 on: August 31, 2011, 03:22:26 pm »

Three resin gems for Raven done, three to go. I have one in the mold right now, it should be done by tomorrow.

I'm trying to decide if putting them in the freezer would make them set faster...
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2796 on: August 31, 2011, 03:26:57 pm »
I'm tempted to remake my cross mask with the left over magic model I have. But i'm afriad it'll crack . So i guess I'll paint over my one mask to kep the color fresh. :3  YAY PAPER MACHE.
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2797 on: August 31, 2011, 03:27:15 pm »
Okay...So should I cut the front of the dress into a V for boobage or leave it like this?!
I don't know which I would like more. DX

Ref - http://www.cosplayisland.com/files/costumes/783/18795/f91b08fa86f911de9f650030485c72b4.jpg

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #2798 on: August 31, 2011, 03:40:52 pm »
Personally, I like it the way it is. Also, are you going to sew down that lace so it stays flat? Just a suggestion, it was partially the lighting but when I first looked at it I thought it was two pieces with a bared midriff. I only figured out that it was one piece when I looked at the reference.

I got my Uranus wig while I was out of town, I can't get the picture to work but it looks good. The collar is sewn down, so when I get back from my Gramma's apartment I'm going to finish Uranus up. I'm getting close to being done, I just need to make one last push towards it.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2799 on: August 31, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »
Yeah, the bottom is hand stitched to the waist already. I am going to stitch the top down as well. I just figured I needed to do sewing first since I can hand stitch in the car on the way to con.
I kinda like the way it is now too...the more I think about it the more iffy I am on cutting it since I can't wear a bra. DX
After con I'm going to pull the waist of the dress up to more under the boobs. I don't want to do it now and end up ruining the dress. I don't have the time to remake it.
I might even remake the whole dress. This is the second dress I have for her and I'm still trying to find a design I really like. I might combine the two for my next trial. I like this top and the other one's bottom. So it should work out. ^^