Author Topic: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread  (Read 349692 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread
« Reply #2000 on: July 12, 2011, 02:32:54 pm »
Gun-arm is done and lookin' good (if I say so myself). My camera is missing though, so I can't take a picture. I will asap, though (as if it was anything you lot haven't seen before, hehe).

Ah, good to be getting things done again. Cosupureeeeeeeeeeee!  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline winryrockbell27

• Cabbit
« Reply #2001 on: July 12, 2011, 04:30:35 pm »
Hmmm progress this year... :P

Namie (Durarara!): I need to sew the bodice that goes over her turtleneck, dye the turtleneck, sew the skirt and purchase/style the wig.

Chell: Oh gosh... I still need to make the jumpsuit, tanks, plus the boots and the portal gun. Hopefully I can get this done beforehand...
POSSIBLE COSPLAYS FOR K-CON 2013: Princess Zelda, Julie, forever star group (?), Linebeck, Lily Potter, Rufioh, and maaaybe a secret costume. Maybe.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2002 on: July 12, 2011, 04:41:57 pm »
^ no way, you're going as Chell?? My best friend is going as Chell too!

I bought some bright pink knee high socks to go with my Panda Hero Gumi cosplay. now all i need is to get some gray shorts and orange duct tape.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2003 on: July 12, 2011, 06:56:07 pm »

Look ma, no hands!

Still a bit wobbly, gonna add a few more straps to make it fit better.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2004 on: July 12, 2011, 07:04:09 pm »
Caitlin you're going to need to get those peacebound lolol

I got wigs today!

Lambdadelta wig! The ends need to be strsightened and trimmed but I don't need to touch the bangs luckily.

Stocking wig! I love it, but the bangs look odd here because I pulled the wig back on my head.

This is how long they actually are.

Stocking pigtail wig! This is so fun to have, I can do pretty much any Stocking outfit now!

I had to try the long wig and the pigtails on together, okay? Oh god it's so thick ahahaha~

TOMORROW STOCKING WILL BE COMPLETELY DONE!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline jianna

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2005 on: July 12, 2011, 10:33:09 pm »
This level of reasoning is possible for Furudo...... Stocking..............

Current Planned Cosplays: Stomp The Enemy, Chinchirorin Kaiji, Kyrie Ushiromiya, Lat Miku

Offline Tobias

• Chibi
« Reply #2006 on: July 12, 2011, 11:20:06 pm »
Lawl, I might as well post in here.

Buffafro- need pants and horns still
Garterbelt- got the fabric, but I'm not making it, so I need to talk to the person making it
Demoman- No progress ^^;

"Secret" Cosplay- Stage "1" complete (anyone who knows me knows what I'm making)
Hahaha when can you come over?

Oh also when we make it, bring your graduation robe. I'm going to be using that as a base, almost.

Lawl, I'm free most of the time, just shoot me a text or I'll just come over randomly.
Done:
Garterbelt (Panty & Stocking)
Fem!Demoman (TF2)

2013:
Attack on titan uniform

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2007 on: July 12, 2011, 11:25:38 pm »
Lawl, I might as well post in here.

Buffafro- need pants and horns still
Garterbelt- got the fabric, but I'm not making it, so I need to talk to the person making it
Demoman- No progress ^^;

"Secret" Cosplay- Stage "1" complete (anyone who knows me knows what I'm making)
Hahaha when can you come over?

Oh also when we make it, bring your graduation robe. I'm going to be using that as a base, almost.

Lawl, I'm free most of the time, just shoot me a text or I'll just come over randomly.
Okay! Sometime next week should work, I'll text you when I know.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #2008 on: July 12, 2011, 11:50:33 pm »
Found the boots and buckley smuggler pants I'll need! Gah Just need to get my new light saber done and pick up some sweet blasters, but these are some shots of my Mara Jade robes thus far :X Might change her top itself more but the outer sith robe is going to be sooo much fun regardless of the temperature!

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #2009 on: July 13, 2011, 12:24:26 am »
Finished the tails for my friend's Black Mokona and my White Mokona. I ordered the wig for Mokona too, and I figured out the ears so I just need to finish sewing them. Designing the pattern was the hard part, I kept getting so worried that I'd completely flubbed it and it was going to look awful but my parents and sister started squealing over how cute they were after I;d finished one, so...:3 So once I finish sewing the ears, get the wig, and find some white shoes and nail polish, Mokona will be done! :D

And I finally re-glued the guards on Uranus' sword. This time the glue is stiffer so they don't droop like they were doing before.

I'm going to Goodwill on Thursday, where I hope to find a shirt for Susan (meaning once I cut the wig for her she'll be done), shoes for Mokona and the base clothing for fem!Medic. And I'm (hopefully!) going to finally make it to the fabric store this weekend, meaning I can get the stuff to make Uranus's suit and Medic's coat.

Aaaand I'm gonna swing by a dance store by my house, I think maybe on Friday, to get some dancer's tights for Uranus.

I think after all this all I'll need to do is swing by Michael's one more time (maybe, hopefully not, I've been three times already ^^;), order my Uranus wig, and sew my ass off for the next month and a half.

PROGRESS. YAY. :D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2010 on: July 13, 2011, 12:41:40 am »
Made some progress today. Mentioned I got Barret's gun-arm done, but I also went to Goodwill and was able to secure a few items.

Got glasses and a white work shirt for Ox King. Still need suspenders, pants, boots, and still need to make his ox-horn hat.

Also got a belt for Barret. I need to make it into more of a utility belt, with shotgun shells, and I also still need to get pants, a glove and boots (on top of the already mentioned wrist cuff and ab-guard). Then of course there's the tattoo. Can't forget that! That's the most costly part!

But for now, here's my most recent completed stage.

I'd really like to "shiny-up" the craft foam parts, but this being a renovation instead of a completely new prop, it's going to have to wait. It's just unfortunate I only recently learned about sealing craft foam before painting to give it shine. Oh, well. This will do for now.

I can still do it for the other accessories though, which are supposed to be shinier than the gun anyway, so that works.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2011 on: July 13, 2011, 12:51:28 am »
Woah Katie.
You dont look like you in those stocking wigs XD
Do I look like Stocking? ;D

Btw I still have the navy wig for you.
Yess~

Oh cool :D
I have the money for you. Which of Haley's houses are you going to tomorrow? If you go to her mom's then I could stop by and pick it up from you.
Her mom's! I'll bring the wig for you :]
Ok, cool.
Just txt me when you want me to stop by C:
Will do!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2012 on: July 13, 2011, 02:40:12 pm »
Have I mentioned how much I love craft foam? 'Cause I do. Excepting the podge and paint, I just finished the cuff for Barret. I think it will look really awesome. It's simple, but I love making things out of craft foam. I think it's my favorite material to work with. And who doesn't love that hot glue smell? That's the smell of cosplay and Kumoricon to me, heh.....way more than con-funk (surprisingly!).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2013 on: July 13, 2011, 03:02:33 pm »
I love working with craft foam as well. And that plastic you told me to get. I used that for Azula's armor and I am so happy with the way it looks. I just need to shape one more piece and it will be perfect :3

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2014 on: July 13, 2011, 03:20:58 pm »
I finally did some work on Kokonoe again. I got the sleeves sewn onto the jacket and I just need to do the black trim and the hole for the tail, the green trim around the pants and finish the shoes.

Then the hard part of the tail ears and bangles. :<
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2015 on: July 13, 2011, 08:15:57 pm »
Found the perfect shoes for Kneesocks at Value Village today, and I got partway done with the tie and the skirt. I'm gonna keep working on it on Friday, and I'll put progress pics up then, too, if I get enough done.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2016 on: July 13, 2011, 08:31:53 pm »
I finished my socks for Stocking. Not 100% happy with them, but they'll do.

I also found perfect shoes with nyahaha, I got high-heeled platform mary-janes~

I just now cut out the pattern for the blouse. Right now I just need to focus on the simple parts, sewing the blouse together and the sleeves. Then the collar and bow and buttons and bias tape augh ;^;
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2017 on: July 13, 2011, 09:53:51 pm »
katie, if you need help with the sailor collar I know a pretty easy/spiffy way to draft one. Especially if you already have the blouse pattern. I can just scan you the pics from my pattern drafting book.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2018 on: July 13, 2011, 10:09:24 pm »
I've made a sailor collar before, and it turned out pretty well, but I just doubt my abilities a lot... Like I'm afraid the first time I only did it well because it happened to fit together ;^; But so far with this blouse I'm doing okay. I'm using a really simple pattern so I think it'll be fine.

I'm actually putting darts into the blouse right now. I have a problem with getting things to fit me right so I'm pinning EVERYTHING before sewing it down.
(I ended up with like 2 extra yards of this fabric though so if I really needed to I could start over)
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2019 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:02 pm »
You can do it girly! Text or fb me if you need advice on fitting.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2020 on: July 13, 2011, 10:47:14 pm »
I've made one for Sailor Moon, and it wasn't hard at all. The only problem is that the website where I got the tutorial has crashed :/ I am no help, even though I really could have been useful right now.

EDIT: Or am I?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:48:29 pm by lychee-twist »
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2021 on: July 14, 2011, 12:59:12 am »
I actually realized that it's easy to make a pattern for the collar using the shirt pattern I have haha.

It took me like an hour to sew one sleeve because I sewed it inside out twice and then the third time I threaded my machine wrong and the stitches were too loose -_-
So I have one really nice sleeve and one that's totally wtf.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2022 on: July 14, 2011, 07:09:22 am »
I've made one for Sailor Moon, and it wasn't hard at all. The only problem is that the website where I got the tutorial has crashed :/ I am no help, even though I really could have been useful right now.

EDIT: Or am I?

What's the site?  It might come back up soon... (at least one could hope ;D).

BTW, SLAYERS IN STEP 1 FOR THE WIN!!!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2023 on: July 14, 2011, 09:20:53 am »
I actually realized that it's easy to make a pattern for the collar using the shirt pattern I have haha.

It took me like an hour to sew one sleeve because I sewed it inside out twice and then the third time I threaded my machine wrong and the stitches were too loose -_-
So I have one really nice sleeve and one that's totally wtf.
I've totally done that. -_- I cut out two of the same sleeve once, as in, didn't flip the stupid thing over. Super dumb.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #2024 on: July 14, 2011, 11:56:06 am »
I finally got my C2 to come over so she could try on her dress. It only needs one tiny adjustment. (= (and she still needs to get a bigger hoop, she's wearing a 3-hoop and the dresses were made for 6) xD

I'm thinking of adding a mini bustleish thing to to back of the dress, but I'm sure yet..

I started working on My friend's Panty cosplay. It has a tulle pettiskirt underneath that has sparkles and stuff on it, but you can't really see it. Mostly it's for volume. xD
I'm defiantly going to be changing the halter design, it doesn't look quite right here.

The back is going to be partially open with a corset style lace up back. And this is the design I'm thinking of using for the feathers on her shoes and on her neck. I'm also thinking of making a larger version of this to use as wings for both her and Stocking. But I'm not sure yet... I may just use wire and feathers...

I've also been tasked with making the hats for my friend's cosplays of "Liz and Patty" from Soul Eater.
I'm not really sure how I'm gonna do it yet. xDD

Lastly, when I was sewing for Panty My machine kept getting clogged and now I can't even sew a stitch. It wraps around part of the bobbin casing, and I end up with tons of threads coming out of the bobbin! I have no clue what's going on so I'm going to go to my local Bernina and ask them how to fix it. (Yes I did check tension)...
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #2025 on: July 14, 2011, 12:03:51 pm »
im looking forward to see how you finish up panty, i plan on making it someday.

also im going to be getting pics of beryl this weekend if everything goes well <3 then i'll start fixing up vanille
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2026 on: July 14, 2011, 12:14:50 pm »
ive been slacking hardcore.
I need to go out and get supplies for my armor bits' for sasuke D;
buy sandals annnnnd. finish styling his wig.

..ohyeah. and make his two giant shurikens out of wood.
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2027 on: July 14, 2011, 03:19:43 pm »
@ichigo_m.-
it sucks you're having problems but AWWWWW YEAH BERNINA! I have a Bernette, I suggest Bernina machines to everyone I know haha.
I think I've had that problem before but usually any problems I have with the bobbin can be fixed with re-threading the top part of the machine. But seeing your work I assume you probably know more about sewing than me haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2028 on: July 14, 2011, 05:37:06 pm »
Cuff for Barret is done. Aside from the brush strokes from sealing it, couldn't really be happier with it.

*In retrospect (of one whole minute), I decided I actually like the brush strokes. I think it gives it hammered/metal texture that should be there anyway.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:40:50 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2029 on: July 14, 2011, 08:26:46 pm »
Waiting for paint to dry is like watching paint dry....am I right.  So I decided to have some fun watching youtube and stumbled across The Funniest Man Cry In The History Of Anime.  Lets just say I can barely type this cause I'm still laughing.  Well anyway got some more painting done on my sister's keyblade and I am such a slacker that I haven't touched my cross punisher since last weekend.  :-\  I need motivation unfortunately all the motivation I muster needs to go toward packing cause Im moving closer to work next month.  Yikes!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2030 on: July 14, 2011, 11:04:17 pm »
The Funniest Man Cry In The History Of Anime.

...what the hell was that?

This was funny!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGz-aKQDfKo&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:09:06 pm by Washougal_Otaku »
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2031 on: July 14, 2011, 11:35:04 pm »
Found a pair of safety goggles that would be perfect for Sister Iceland's skydiving-ish lenses. Also found a blue spandex shirt (turtleneck, mind you) which was pretty lucky to come across! All I need to do is dye the goggle lenses and  the Iceland flag on the shirt... Then wait for the wig to arrive and it'll be complete~ ^u^

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2032 on: July 14, 2011, 11:39:47 pm »
i'm seriously excited to see your sister iceland <3 i love her XD along with all the characters 8D

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2033 on: July 15, 2011, 01:50:04 pm »
ok I need advice.  My vash jacket is a bit too big especially the arms are too long.  I want to adjust it however there is a satin lining on the inside.  I don't want to ruin the coat.  How do you adjust without hearing out the lining?

Also in the anime his jacket has more slits around the bottom.  I wanted to put them in but once again the lining is scary. here is an idea of what the slits around the bottom look like.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:55:17 pm by Drauska »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2034 on: July 15, 2011, 01:56:17 pm »
I'm no seamstress (haven't even touched a sewing machine), but would it be possible to just fold the sleeve up to where it needs to be and hem it?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #2035 on: July 15, 2011, 02:58:48 pm »
You could fold and hem like Eve said but that could make the lining very unhappy/non-existant at the cuff of the sleeve. Or you might (this is a might not 100% sure) be able to pull the sleeve up the the desired length through the arm hole and then stich it up to where it needs to be. The lining would be intact you would just have one unfinished seam.
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

oslapedo

« Reply #2036 on: July 16, 2011, 11:53:47 am »
Styled the wig and made the gloves for Starfire. After Thursday I'll be done with classes and'll have a week with nothing planned so I'll probably finish the costume then.

Recieved my Anti-Spiral Nia body suit in the mail today. ♥

Looks good bro. I still think you should do the facial markings too.

@ ichigo_m. Maaan, you are one sick seamstress. The C.C. dress looks great ~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2037 on: July 16, 2011, 02:22:46 pm »
HFJDKSLAHLKA STARFIRE

Speaking of Teen Titans, I have a plan for my Raven wig! I'm going to straighten it with hot water, and then deal with the bangs. I'm going to cut and hairspray them so that they stay in her widow's peak. Because I have a huge head I think my hair might show from the back of the wig, so I'm going to plan to keep my hood up. The wig is also a tiny bit too bright, so I need to darken it with some dye.

I have to straighten my pretty Lambdadelta wig too ;^;
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #2038 on: July 16, 2011, 03:09:47 pm »
Dying it and doing all that styling stuff would probably make it perfect. Agreed that it's too bright as is.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2039 on: July 16, 2011, 03:57:10 pm »
Juust finished making Sasukes Headgear ~ pretty proud of it . It just needs the coat of glue + water + whatever it was .. lol  ~ thennn painting 8D .. once it drys i'll post what i have ..

I think the hard part is the leg and arm ..armor

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2040 on: July 16, 2011, 06:56:49 pm »
Dying it and doing all that styling stuff would probably make it perfect. Agreed that it's too bright as is.
How would you recommend dying it? It's already the perfect shade, just too bright. RIT, Sharpies, or what?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #2041 on: July 16, 2011, 08:43:02 pm »
How would you recommend dying it? It's already the perfect shade, just too bright. RIT, Sharpies, or what?
You could try grey RIT? Maybe? I think that would tone down the color, but not lose the shade?
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2042 on: July 17, 2011, 12:25:08 am »
not exciting work buuttt , head piece is done ~ its flat but once i get possibly elastic then it'll bend .
i need to put a coat of sealer annnddd then paint this <3 also. its white..idk why my ipod does that.

oslapedo

« Reply #2043 on: July 17, 2011, 09:33:21 am »
You could try grey RIT? Maybe? I think that would tone down the color, but not lose the shade?

RIT woud be good, make sure to do it before any other styling and test a strand first. Gray sounds like a good idea, or their dark blue ish color.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #2044 on: July 17, 2011, 04:05:20 pm »
I'm practically done with the Panty costume now~
All I need to do is finish sealing the "feathers" (and add some real feathers), add closure to the skirt, get the plastic hearts and add elastic to the gloves.
(Please note it doesn't fit my model very well because the cosplayer is smaller than my dress form can be. xP)

Edit: I need some serious help ASAP! I can't decided what base wig to use for Euphimia...
A) http://cgi.ebay.com/40-Extra-Long-Wavy-Milkshake-Pink-Curly-Cosplay-Wig-/160590710271?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item2563f3c5ff

B) http://cgi.ebay.com/Cosplay-wig-MAGNET-LUKA-Long-Milk-Shake-pink-Wavy-Z30-/280658325310?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item41588a2f3e

C) http://kingdom-arts.org/Claudia.html
In Rose Pink

I'm using these as the buns: http://kingdom-arts.org/BraidedOdango.html
In rose pink

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:20:38 pm by ichigo_m. »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2045 on: July 18, 2011, 12:14:45 am »

So the filename for this image is 'i scare myself.jpg'

This is honestly the most frightening I think I have ever looked.

But I finally figured out how to make my eyebrows disappear LIKE A BOSS.

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2046 on: July 18, 2011, 12:30:27 am »
I'd say I'm like 95% done, I just need to recieve my contacts(they are on the way), need to go get some sexy MAN shoes, trim and style my wig(nervous as always) and buy my tie clip~
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2047 on: July 18, 2011, 12:42:15 am »
working on ciel will get some pic's up by the end of the month he's almost done

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2048 on: July 18, 2011, 01:40:03 am »
Edit: I need some serious help ASAP! I can't decided what base wig to use for Euphimia...
A) http://cgi.ebay.com/40-Extra-Long-Wavy-Milkshake-Pink-Curly-Cosplay-Wig-/160590710271?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item2563f3c5ff

B) http://cgi.ebay.com/Cosplay-wig-MAGNET-LUKA-Long-Milk-Shake-pink-Wavy-Z30-/280658325310?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item41588a2f3e

C) http://kingdom-arts.org/Claudia.html
In Rose Pink

I'm using these as the buns: http://kingdom-arts.org/BraidedOdango.html
In rose pink

Thoughts?

I love Arda Wigs personally, but the hiperlon fibers they use for the Claudia can be a total b**** to work with. They tangle and are almost impossible to brush, but they also hold shape very well and are easy to style. Plus the buns you're getting will match perfectly since they use the same fibers...
I have a shorter curly wig from Arda with hiperlon fibers and at first they drove me completely crazy, but after I stopped trying to make them smoother and just let it be, it's one of my favorite wigs because I can literally toss it on my floor for a week and it's totally fine.
Also the fibers look SUPER realistic, even in direct sunlight and with flash, so that's a plus.

I'd say go with Arda. Definitely.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #2049 on: July 18, 2011, 07:25:13 am »
Found a solution to my Vash Jacket dilemma.  I'm taking it to my great aunt who is a knock-out seamstress.  hopefully she can "fix" it for me without ruining it. 

Stole a black blazer jacket from my sister's closet for Wolfwood.  So that outfit only needs crosses sewn on to the cuffs.

I need to finish painting my sisters keyblade so I can finish my cross-punisher and angel arms revolver.  starting to feel the crunch, especially since I'm moving next month.