Author Topic: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread  (Read 349690 times)

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
Re: the official 2011 cosplay progress thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 01, 2011, 07:05:38 pm »
getting red contacts.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1501 on: May 01, 2011, 08:00:18 pm »
getting red contacts.

the 7th call me before you leave your house please Jacob

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1502 on: May 01, 2011, 08:03:21 pm »
@Titus I don't have yer phone number... And I dunno if I can come my mom wants to do something with me because it's the day before mothers day.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1503 on: May 01, 2011, 08:14:33 pm »
I am painting some of my armor now. I think it is going to look great when it is done :3

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1504 on: May 01, 2011, 08:16:25 pm »
Styled my Nia wig some more.

WHY CAN'T IT JUST TURN INTO CLOUDS ALREADY?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1505 on: May 01, 2011, 08:21:59 pm »
you should just cut out construction paper clouds and attach them to the wig 8D

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1506 on: May 01, 2011, 08:26:00 pm »
Shay, use cotton balls. Cotton balls everywhere..
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1507 on: May 01, 2011, 08:39:31 pm »
You people..... > u >

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1508 on: May 01, 2011, 09:55:51 pm »
I love you Shay :3

The armor looks great so far. I got the black painted and the gold on the underside painted. Tomorrow I will paint the gold trim on two of the big parts. I think tomorrow I will cut out the back and breast plates.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1509 on: May 01, 2011, 11:25:09 pm »
Styled my Nia wig some more.

WHY CAN'T IT JUST TURN INTO CLOUDS ALREADY?

do what i did to mine! get a brush with thick bristles like this one: http://perfumela.com/images/full5/HairBrushSoft6211.jpg
and brush it out gently (it's okay that wig is THICK and a lot of strands will come out, but it will still be super thick lol)

and once you are down, run some hair oil or w/e through it. and it will be super bouncy and nice :)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1510 on: May 02, 2011, 06:40:32 am »
I don't want to get rid of the curls though :C

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1511 on: May 02, 2011, 02:09:52 pm »
I think you should keep the curls, myself.

Update: I've got my money back!  I'm going to go to the possible flag store that (forgotten name) theorized existed nearby the Applebee's that's next to the Lloyd Center Mall.  Hooray for Liechtenstein!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1512 on: May 02, 2011, 04:57:50 pm »
let me take pics of the wig now >3> after sitting forever. it doesn't lose it's curls, it just looks more bouncy, and you can always get them curled up again with them curlers (no heat btw)

and if you want them to have more of a cluster bounce, you would need to fluff it up with the brush and the blow dryer on low heat.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1513 on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:30 pm »
Just wanted to say, you guys are all awesome and are all very talented, even you who purchase your cosplay.

Today is really a depressing day, and I figured a little love towards the well deserving might help anyone else who's got a case of the glooms.
But days like today will eventually evolve into something better. Or... dare I say... they will... bellossom?
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1514 on: May 02, 2011, 09:25:21 pm »
Here is a progress shot of my armor so far. I am going to make it a little shinny since the material I have for the black dress part is a little shinny.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:25:44 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1515 on: May 02, 2011, 09:52:05 pm »

Update: I've got my money back!  I'm going to go to the possible flag store that (forgotten name) theorized existed nearby the Applebee's that's next to the Lloyd Center Mall.  Hooray for Liechtenstein!

Update: They didn't have Liechtenstein, and even if they did, it was $79 or so for a 5'x3' flag.  No thanks.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1516 on: May 02, 2011, 10:09:39 pm »

Update: They didn't have Liechtenstein, and even if they did, it was $79 or so for a 5'x3' flag.  No thanks.
Don't want to take the ebay gamble again? http://cgi.ebay.com/OFFICIAL-FLAG-LICHTENSTEIN-SUPERB-QUALITY-/370297514634?pt=UK_Flags&hash=item563773aa8a#ht_951wt_1028
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1517 on: May 02, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »
Don't want to take the ebay gamble again? http://cgi.ebay.com/OFFICIAL-FLAG-LICHTENSTEIN-SUPERB-QUALITY-/370297514634?pt=UK_Flags&hash=item563773aa8a#ht_951wt_1028

Honestly, eBay and PayPal have been pissing me off lately.  I've been more forgiving of eBay, because they seem like they care enough to help out, but PayPal can go to Hell, as far as I'm concerned.  Thanks for the link, bunny.  I'm going to check it out real quick, then I'll be logging off, because my shift is about to start.

Update: This particular provider only accepts PayPal. :'( I found one that's based in Kelso :D and I'm hoping to contact them to see if they'd be willing to accept a credit card payment or something else.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:28:08 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1518 on: May 03, 2011, 12:16:20 am »
Honestly, eBay and PayPal have been pissing me off lately.  I've been more forgiving of eBay, because they seem like they care enough to help out, but PayPal can go to Hell, as far as I'm concerned.  Thanks for the link, bunny.  I'm going to check it out real quick, then I'll be logging off, because my shift is about to start.

Update: This particular provider only accepts PayPal. :'( I found one that's based in Kelso :D and I'm hoping to contact them to see if they'd be willing to accept a credit card payment or something else.
Good luck then my dear! Hope it all works out for you! :)
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1519 on: May 03, 2011, 12:29:05 am »
I tried to say something nice to you guys, but it got ignored. Oh well, I guess.

Debating on buying wigs soon. Probably won't happen. For you Germany cosplayers, what wigs did you guys use?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1520 on: May 03, 2011, 12:34:48 am »
i saw it and i went "._. o.o o//o >3> <.< >.>" then i just sorta kept on going, cuz i was just reading posts >3<

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1521 on: May 03, 2011, 12:46:41 am »
Fair enough :) Just so long as it made someone smile. I might not post a lot on this particular thread, but there's a reason why I lurk.

I'd post more if I had progress of my own. ^^;

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1522 on: May 03, 2011, 12:53:52 am »
yeah same :/ most of my progress won't be happening till the summer

and i really do love it when people post encouraging messages. it really helps the struggling artist through the tough times :)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1523 on: May 03, 2011, 01:02:46 am »
Well, thanks! :) I look forward to your updates.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1524 on: May 03, 2011, 01:08:12 am »
:) and even though we may seem to "ignore" your comments, we aren't. we are just so moved that we don't know what to say (or we are busy doing our "progress" XD)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1525 on: May 03, 2011, 02:22:43 am »
OMG so for my hush hush cosplay my wig is on its way :D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1526 on: May 03, 2011, 04:00:46 am »

Good luck then my dear! Hope it all works out for you! :)

Thanks, bunny!

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1527 on: May 03, 2011, 10:31:57 am »
Fair enough :) Just so long as it made someone smile. I might not post a lot on this particular thread, but there's a reason why I lurk.

I saw it! :D And it made me smile. :DDD Like luvan1me I probs won't have much time to work on my cosplay until summer, even though I have all of the stuff for it right now. XD

That's some progress I guess, I have EVERYTHING I need for Miku except 3 packages of brass/gold snaps. >_< I have a feeling I won't be able to do any other cosplays for Kcon just because the design I've come up with is going to be very labor intensive. XP I might cut off my hair and do a simple Paprika for the dances and downtime though. That'll give me an excuse to skip everywhere. hahaha
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #1528 on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:11 am »
Just wanted to say, you guys are all awesome and are all very talented, even you who purchase your cosplay.

Today is really a depressing day, and I figured a little love towards the well deserving might help anyone else who's got a case of the glooms.
But days like today will eventually evolve into something better. Or... dare I say... they will... bellossom?

Haha, thanks(is a cosplay purchaser). :D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1529 on: May 03, 2011, 02:03:21 pm »
Just ordered my iron cross and flag because my contacts her out of stock I will get them next month.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1530 on: May 03, 2011, 05:39:20 pm »
Taras' shirt needs one more belt loop and it's done. His belt just needs the belt buckle and it's done. I also managed to completely remove the ahoge from his wig, so now that lays flat. Pictures when I finish things.

Then I get to start on his coat, joy of joys. Should be interesting, to say the least.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1531 on: May 04, 2011, 03:38:16 am »

I saw it! :D And it made me smile. :DDD Like luvan1me I probs won't have much time to work on my cosplay until summer, even though I have all of the stuff for it right now. XD

That's some progress I guess, I have EVERYTHING I need for Miku except 3 packages of brass/gold snaps. >_< I have a feeling I won't be able to do any other cosplays for Kcon just because the design I've come up with is going to be very labor intensive. XP I might cut off my hair and do a simple Paprika for the dances and downtime though. That'll give me an excuse to skip everywhere. hahaha

NOOOO noooo!!! ;A; dang it! now it's ruined!!! T_T sigh i guess my surprise cosplay is gonna have to wait >3> not much of a surprise now T^T

i was gonna say i could challence you on it this cosplay >3> and i wanted to do her fairy outfit XD but meh it'd be a cool idea to have several different people cosplay all her outfits XD

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1532 on: May 04, 2011, 08:53:01 am »
Taras progress~ shirt's finished and the belt just needs the buckle. Now to work on his coat fffffffffff-

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1533 on: May 04, 2011, 09:49:04 am »
^LT Looks niiiiiiice!
(my fav will forever be the stilts though, ahhh memories)

been planning all week on stuff, finally got a full detailed design of my dream cosplay done, as well as picked out the wig, and made a list of how much this is gonna cost me.

it may not seem like much but it sure is a heck of a lot to me xD

(though granted it now means I have pages and pages in my note book for spanish /just/ about this one cosplay...)
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #1534 on: May 04, 2011, 11:25:53 am »
Trying to get back to focusing on Hit-Girl now that Sakuracon's over. I've emailed the commissioner about what needs to be fixed, and am getting worried that I haven't heard back from him. :/ I'll be sending him another email today. Ignoring me is not an option here.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1535 on: May 04, 2011, 11:33:52 am »
Shadow: slight off topic but were you at zombie walk 2010? because I could have sworn I hugged a hatter that looked exactly like you

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #1536 on: May 04, 2011, 11:46:13 am »
Shadow: slight off topic but were you at zombie walk 2010? because I could have sworn I hugged a hatter that looked exactly like you

Yep! I was at the Zombie Walk with our Hatter. (I wasn't Hatter, I went as bloody Sweeney ;))

On topic: For Hit-Girl so far I've got the mask, cape, boots, gloves, wig, kilt, and the tactical stuff all ready. What needs to be fixed by my commissioner is the jacket, pants, and belt. Big parts of the costume. :/ Hoping I'll get a reply soon, because the sooner I can get this ready to go and don't have to deal with said commissioner again the better.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1537 on: May 04, 2011, 12:30:01 pm »

NOOOO noooo!!! ;A; dang it! now it's ruined!!! T_T sigh i guess my surprise cosplay is gonna have to wait >3> not much of a surprise now T^T

i was gonna say i could challence you on it this cosplay >3> and i wanted to do her fairy outfit XD but meh it'd be a cool idea to have several different people cosplay all her outfits XD

I was just going to do her normal outfit because it would be easy enough to buy the stuff in stores/goodwill. XD It doesn't have to be ruined! I don't even know if I'll do it or not! I've spent the last year and a half growing out my hair, and I like all the stuff I can do with it, but it's just such a pain in the butt. :P It would be fun to get people with all of her outfits together though!
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1538 on: May 04, 2011, 01:54:47 pm »
No progress from me. I've been staring at my Simon wig going: how the heck do I cut it shorter?
All my glue and everything is at home... All I have here are clips, pins and scissors.... Not even a towel for the hair to fall on.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1539 on: May 04, 2011, 11:21:39 pm »
Bought pants for Taras that can double as my pants for Gavrill. Also, my contacts and wig for Gavrill shipped and should be here in about two weeks.

23 DAYS TO FANIME OH GOD GOTTA FINISH TARAS FFFFFFFFF-  wish I could finish Gavrill instead because I'm gonna bake in California in Taras but IDEGAF.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #1540 on: May 04, 2011, 11:42:37 pm »
Made a big decision today about my Terra cosplay for my Teen titans group..... There are various issues I'm having with having to show my midriff, and lets be honest yellow spandex is just really unflattering, so I decided instead of her normal outfit to do her version she wears later in the series when she goes all "Villian Mode."

I started planning out how to pull this off, and screencapped reference pics like a mofo today, but if anyone has any tips on how (what to use) to make the chest piece for her I'd be really happy. =]

Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1541 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:51 am »
@bunny jean: lol XD sorry it's just i was really excited about being the only paprika since the movie did come out years ago >.< so i was like FFFFF how did someone else just think about this?? lol XD but no! seriously! i would love to do something with you though! it'd be so awesome! to get a few of us to do her outfits! >w< and yeah it is fairly simple to do her default outfit XD that's also the reason why i wanted to do it XDDD since i have like 5 cosplays this year, i wanted that one to sorta get into once i got tired of my other outfits, and just wanted to "chill" XD

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1542 on: May 05, 2011, 09:12:12 am »
Dubaby: Oh nice design!

as to how to make the chest piece perhaps this will help: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=240505

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1543 on: May 05, 2011, 10:35:30 am »
@bunny jean: lol XD sorry it's just i was really excited about being the only paprika since the movie did come out years ago >.< so i was like FFFFF how did someone else just think about this?? lol XD but no! seriously! i would love to do something with you though! it'd be so awesome! to get a few of us to do her outfits! >w< and yeah it is fairly simple to do her default outfit XD that's also the reason why i wanted to do it XDDD since i have like 5 cosplays this year, i wanted that one to sorta get into once i got tired of my other outfits, and just wanted to "chill" XD
XD I mean, like I said, I haven't completely decided. hahaha. We'll see how I feel in August. I think it would be super fun to get several paprikas together for either a small get together during con or just at the dances. :)
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1544 on: May 05, 2011, 09:34:48 pm »
WHAT IS THE MOST RELIABLE PLACE TO ORDER A BLACK ZENTAI SUIT? ; _ ;

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1545 on: May 05, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »

XD I mean, like I said, I haven't completely decided. hahaha. We'll see how I feel in August. I think it would be super fun to get several paprikas together for either a small get together during con or just at the dances. :)
lol we should >3> i kinda want to do this one: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nhJRN7pmF4c/R1ErsdTfIKI/AAAAAAAAC0c/SbNOL7lRJbg/s1600-R/paprika.jpg

WHAT IS THE MOST RELIABLE PLACE TO ORDER A BLACK ZENTAI SUIT? ; _ ;

ebay. here are a few good sales persons
~link1~
~link2~
there is also milanoo.com (they have good ratings for their zentai suits!)
http://www.milanoo.com/Black-Lycra-Spandex-Unisex-Zentai-Suit-p2925.html

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1546 on: May 05, 2011, 10:22:37 pm »
Mailanoo is really good also make sure if you do cotume size give alittle extra space for yourself sometimes they make things alittle smaller then they should. kay

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1547 on: May 05, 2011, 11:35:48 pm »

lol we should >3> i kinda want to do this one: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nhJRN7pmF4c/R1ErsdTfIKI/AAAAAAAAC0c/SbNOL7lRJbg/s1600-R/paprika.jpg
Do it! I feel like that outfit is supposed to be from something, but I have no idea what. XD OH! Here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851578/movieconnections
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1548 on: May 06, 2011, 12:47:06 am »
it's the monkey figure from this chinese book,  i've seen refrences in a lot of korean  MMORG games >3> and i just checked that website and his name is called Sun Wukong. but her attire is based off of an old 80's movie named "saiyuuki". i even remember Lupin dressing up as him as well XD

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1549 on: May 06, 2011, 09:16:51 am »
it's the monkey figure from this chinese book,  i've seen refrences in a lot of korean  MMORG games >3> and i just checked that website and his name is called Sun Wukong. but her attire is based off of an old 80's movie named "saiyuuki". i even remember Lupin dressing up as him as well XD

Yes, that website says that that Saiyuki movie was from 1978. :) pretty hilarious looking movie. XD
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)