Author Topic: YuGiOh! '09  (Read 55081 times)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
Re: YuGiOh! '09
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2009, 05:42:21 pm »
I really like it - it goes by the real rules, has good graphics, and if you duel a character enough you make friends with them.  :D  Also, you can't mess up with the card game's phases because it goes through semi-automatically.  (The only times you have to choose are battle, main phase 2, and end)  The only things I don't like about it is that after a certain amount of duels, you're forced into the plot with the Ghouls/Rare Hunters and get a game over if you lose, and you can't choose to be a girl.  [But you can be a girl in Stardust!  Customizable appearance, too~]

(In cosplay news, I know where to get gold leaf now.  This means I can probably use it on my Aki pendant if I make that out of resin.  :D)
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2009, 05:52:11 pm »
Well then I might have to get both of those. Thank you. :D

awesome! Man I can't wait to see all the YGO cosplayers this year. X3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2009, 06:46:25 pm »
I'm going to hug all that I see. =w =
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2009, 08:11:57 pm »
Wow, you guys are all so nice! It is really cool. Thank you. I feel a lot less scared now...even if I do not get to work at the convention, I think I am at least now not too scared to roam the convention by myself; I have a feeling that I will meet some nice people on the way, so I will not have to really be alone. Thanks, you guys.

tofutakeout, kudos to you for quoting the Abridged Series! That is one of my favorite quotes ever, and I actually made it my personal message on MSN, like, an hour ago. I love Bakura in the Abridged Series.

I think it would be amazing if somehow a Yu-Gi-Oh group could be set up. At the convention, or even beforehand, a big group of Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayers get together to take pictures...that would be so cool. It is one of my dreams.

I finished my Millenium Ring today! ...Kind of. I forgot to put a loop at the top for the string/chain to go through, so I will just be wrapping a string around the ring, instead. I will also be ordering my wig soon, too, even though I have no idea what I will be doing to it to style it. Maybe I will end up massacring it. We will see, I suppose. I am also tempted to wear a pair of blue plaid pajama pants to the convention...not because they look like Ryou would wear them, but just because...I like them, and I am not really sure as to what kind of pants I would like to wear for my costume. I am fairly sure that I will not be wearing them, but...it would be nice.

Some of my favorite cards are the Silent Magician, Celtic Guardian, Dark Magician, and Magician of Black Chaos (I have a "thing" for magicians, I guess). It would be awesome to make costumes of each, but, of course, I should really just concentrate on the one I am working on now. I have a round head, for some horrible genetic reason, so I have a feeling that my Ryou costume is going to epically fail.

Also, I was just going through my cards, and both the Enemy Controller and Black Magic Ritual, and maybe even Swords of Revealing Light, look like they could be possible awesome props! The Enemy Controller is pretty cool, I have to admit.

I, too, plan on hugging many, many people. Hopefully.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:13:09 pm by Akesukeru »
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2009, 08:27:18 pm »
I think it would be amazing if somehow a Yu-Gi-Oh group could be set up. At the convention, or even beforehand, a big group of Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayers get together to take pictures...that would be so cool. It is one of my dreams.
THIS is what I love. XD I hope we can get (almost)the whole cast for the year 2010. :3

You guys, we're going to have to definitely hang around con sometime. :3 maybe become good buddies or something. I need more yugioh loving friends. :<

btw Ake I totally want that limey man shirt. XD it's so cool. He is pretty awesome...even if they treat him like a crappy minor character. lol
da/tumblr

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2009, 08:55:46 pm »
I agree. Even in non-YuGiOh cosplay (for some of us) we should meet-up. :D
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2009, 08:59:24 pm »
THIS is what I love. XD I hope we can get (almost)the whole cast for the year 2010. :3

You guys, we're going to have to definitely hang around con sometime. :3 maybe become good buddies or something. I need more yugioh loving friends. :<

btw Ake I totally want that limey man shirt. XD it's so cool. He is pretty awesome...even if they treat him like a crappy minor character. lol
You do not expect a whole cast to be there this year, then? I will be on the look-out. You can call me...Detective Limey. ;D

I plan on hanging out with whoever would like to. ;D I should probably think of some sort of fairly distinguishing mark for my costume, but, all I can think of is...blue plaid pajama pants! Really! ;D I also almost always wear two colorful, small-beaded bracelets on my left wrist, and three rings on my left hand, so, if I am allowed to wear them, I plan on doing so. Cosplay or not, I almost always wear them. If it looks too out-of-the-ordinary, though, I guess I will not wear them. I also do not plan on bringing and/or wearing my duel disk; it seems like a hassle to carry around everywhere, and also having to go through prop-check.

Which Limey-man shirt? The blue-and-white-striped one? They really do treat Bakura awfully sometimes, especially in the Abridged series...making fun of him for not getting enough screen-time.  :P

I agree with Kagome on having a meet-up.  ;D It would be so beneficial to the people who have no idea what to do, really...which by "people," I, of course, mean "me."  ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:03:06 pm by Akesukeru »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2009, 09:26:49 pm »
Oh my! xD I missed alot. x:
But today, I did some Research on Carly.. xD
I found an image of her all dark looking, with this funny lookin' Duel Disk thingy. O:
and then I thought.. "AWESOME!! 8D"
Say, Kotoumi? You wouldn't happen to know what that's called, would you? I'm seriously considering to Cosplay as her! xD
and then again, I want a Jack Atlas at my side too. ;///////;
and as For me, I liked Yu-gi-oh since it started. xD 2003-ish? My friends and I played the game too. I didn't really have a good deck. xD and I liked it alot! xD after my best friend moved...I lost the 'fun-ness' in it. D:
Once I moved in my new house, I was flipping the channels and saw Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Since nobody was home, I decided to watch it! xD
...LOVED IT. : D
Jaden/Juudai, Syrus/Forgot his name: ALL TIME FAVORITES.
Then, My Ex-Boyfriend was talking about Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. I was like: "O.o; What the hell is that?" Since he talked about it 24/7, I planned to watch it. xD I'll probably do that next weekend. :3
By the way, My Fandom for Yu-Gi-Oh is secretive, so shush! D:
...5D's is good, right? O:

Also;; TofuTakeOut: Here are my Favorites!
Yugi, Joey, Mokuba, Marik- Good side, xD, Bakura, Jaden, Alexis, Syrus, Carly and Jack. xDD
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2009, 09:35:31 pm »
Hearing about everyone's love for Yu-Gi-Oh! makes me feel so happy. x3  I know that sounds weird, but it's true. xD

OHOHOH! I JUST got an idea! If we have enough people, we should Marik's Evil Council of Doom. xD
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2009, 09:37:32 pm »
:3 btw I should mention their might be a mako("freaky fish guy") there this year.  :D my friend wants to be him.

I'll probably have a sign that says tofu or something. XD You'll know it's me then! yaya! And we shall have a meetup. once the map is out we can decide from there or something.

http://sharkrobot.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=6&zenid=7fd043e59fbab47168539ef5d7502661 this shirt. I shall call you detective limey btw. Man this is gonna feel like sakura con all over again. All they did was crack abridged series jokes.

Damn you guys have lots of faves don't you? XD

@kagome
-wipes away a tear- it does me the same as well.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. 8D I'm getting to excited about this. >_>
da/tumblr

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2009, 09:38:28 pm »
A meetup would be amazing.  The more friends the better, I say!  I find fandom is a good way to make them, because then you can ramble about it and they won't care.  xD  We should totally plan one for this year, in cosplay or not.  (I probably will be, but...8D  I'll totally break character for it, if I'm Aki.  She's messed up.  <3)

@GwarNekoChan ~ Oh!  If she looks evil, you're probably thinking of Dark Carly - which concerns a whole bunch of spoilers.  I will say that she's something called a Dark Signer, and it's revealed around episode 37.  ;D  (If you want to know more, just PM me or something, 'cause I have no problems with spoilers.  It's just in public that I do.  C:)
Also, Syrus =  Shou.

I'm totally biased when it comes to 5D's.  I love it and think it's one of the most epic things I've ever seen.  It's like, "card games on motorcycles?  Are you SERIOUS?" at first, but then you see that it includes a lot of social issues and has dark situations and people actually dying and it's just...wow.  xD  I got one of my friends into the fandom just by talking about it - she hasn't seen one episode!

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2009, 09:45:49 pm »
Oh my gosh! I love Meiko! My friend's little sister had a crush on him and Duke Devlin when she was seven. xDD

I'm not sure how you'll be able to find me. I'll either be in Pokemon, Shaman King, or K-ON! costume. ^^'

And what happened at Sakuracon? o:  Also, I've seen that shirt before. God. Gotta love VGCats. xD

Andand, I just remembered something:
Trsitan: *rides up on motorcycle*
Yugi: Tristan, I'm going to regret asking this, but, why do you have a motor bike?
Tristan: Because in the future card games will be played on motor bikes.
Yugi: That is THE stupidest thing that has ever come out of your mouth. Card games on motor bikes... C'mon!
*picture of YuGiOh 5D's flashes across the screen*

(Just for the record, I have nothing against 5D's or GX, DM is just my favorite along with its abridged series. xD)
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2009, 09:49:56 pm »
Man this is gonna feel like sakura con all over again. All they did was crack abridged series jokes.

That was so much fun.  :D  *was Mana*

Well, we could have a designated meeting place or something, that way we wouldn't have to look out for specific costumes.  Like make a date/time/place thing and just go there.  That's what I did for my Gaia guild in '07 and it worked out pretty well.  =]

KumoriCon 2014

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2009, 09:51:43 pm »
XDD

see I love and hate 5D's+GX at the same time. actually I never much liked GX, I did like jaden though, he was AWESOME. 5D's is pretty coolio. I love how the abridged series always made fun of them and what not.

@kagome
your mentioning of that scene made me think of my favorite scene. lol good times. And at sakura-con it was fun, it was just crazy. I was scared by a few aspects and excited at the same time.

Depends on what day it is we plan to meet up for who I'd be. :/

@koto
I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOU! 8D I was a bit shy to ask you though. >_> I was....I wasn't even in cosplay...I was wearing a skirt and had pigtails with blue in them. -was taking pictures and smiling like a dork the whole time-
da/tumblr

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2009, 10:05:14 pm »
A meetup would be amazing.  The more friends the better, I say!  I find fandom is a good way to make them, because then you can ramble about it and they won't care.  xD  We should totally plan one for this year, in cosplay or not.  (I probably will be, but...8D  I'll totally break character for it, if I'm Aki.  She's messed up.  <3)

@GwarNekoChan ~ Oh!  If she looks evil, you're probably thinking of Dark Carly - which concerns a whole bunch of spoilers.  I will say that she's something called a Dark Signer, and it's revealed around episode 37.  ;D  (If you want to know more, just PM me or something, 'cause I have no problems with spoilers.  It's just in public that I do.  C:)
Also, Syrus =  Shou.
Ooohh...a Meet up! =D I like Meet-Ups. x3 That way, I could make even more friends! xDD
....I like to make fwends. x3
-is not a freak, srsly- o_o

Oh! O: Dark Carly... Hmm... x: Maybe I should be Sweet Carly during the Day, and DARK[/u] Carly at nite. DUN DUN DUNNN... D8 Surely, I'd love people to walk around with me. x3 PRAIZE DARK CARLY DAMMMIT. D:< 8D
You have MSN, Right Kotoumi? :3 Would could talk more from there. xD
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2009, 10:44:56 pm »
:3 btw I should mention their might be a mako("freaky fish guy") there this year.  :D my friend wants to be him.

I'll probably have a sign that says tofu or something. XD You'll know it's me then! yaya! And we shall have a meetup. once the map is out we can decide from there or something.

http://sharkrobot.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=6&zenid=7fd043e59fbab47168539ef5d7502661 this shirt. I shall call you detective limey btw. Man this is gonna feel like sakura con all over again. All they did was crack abridged series jokes.

I'm getting to excited about this. >_>
I am getting quite excited, too. ;D

Mako?! That would be so great if someone would be him! I have never seen someone as him, ever, and he is a pretty cool guy. I would also love to see Duke. I have only ever seen one, and that was Rodney.

I want that shirt! That is so cool! ;D If we made a cosplay group, that would probably be our trademark uniform, right? Then again, most, if not all, of the shirts on that website look very tempting.  ;D

Meet up equals win. I am all for it. I have MSN, which I am always on if I am on the internet, so, feel free to add me, in case you need to get in contact with me, or whatever. I do not plan on mystically disappearing from the forums, though, so I will always be on here, too.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 09:36:19 pm »
yep. She's asking me to help her with it. I've seen a few dukes but not in person.

-wipes away some tears- Ending of the series always gets to me. T_T

limey man trade mark? awesome.  8)

I don't have MSN, but I could definitely get it. :3
da/tumblr

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 10:04:00 pm »
@Tofu ~  xD  That's all right.  It was my first willing photoshoot and I was kind of overwhelmed, myself.  But it was fun and I don't bite, so don't be shy next time~  :D

@GwarNeko ~ I do indeed have MSN.  C:  This will give me more of an excuse to log into Trillian every once in a while, because I'm never on ever and I fail because of it.  (Sorry I didn't reply sooner.)

Okay, so meetup = do want?  Then a meetup there shall be!  Now to wait for the schedule so we can figure out a time... |D

KumoriCon 2014

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 07:39:56 pm »
@GwarNeko ~ I do indeed have MSN.  C:  This will give me more of an excuse to log into Trillian every once in a while, because I'm never on ever and I fail because of it.  (Sorry I didn't reply sooner.)

Okay, so meetup = do want?  Then a meetup there shall be!  Now to wait for the schedule so we can figure out a time... |D

I'll friend request you! :3 By the way... I tend to change my name, ALOT. xD So don't worry if you see like, a "Yosuke Hanamura," or a "Colette Brunel," heck, I might even be Syrus/Shou.

Oh oh oh... >w< Meet-ups.. O:
I might even make a little get together with people who want to go this weekend! :3
Just a little trip to the Mall, or something... x3
IN COSPLAY! 8D
It might even be next weekend, due to if people are busy. Dx
I'd want to do it this weekend.. Because I have..
A FOUR-DAY WEEKEND! 8D xDD

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 08:09:41 pm »
Next weekend is a 3 day weekend for me. :3 meet up before con sounds nice.

@kotoumi
I'll try not to be. X3 I was very overwhelmed, so much yugioh at once was going to give me a heart attack. lol
da/tumblr

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2009, 08:25:02 pm »
Hm... As far as meet ups go, will this be just to get to know people before we start YuGiOh! cosplay? I mean, it would be if it's this year. xD
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2009, 09:31:53 pm »
@Gwar ~ Alrighty.  :D  I'm pretty used to people constantly changing their names, but I stick with "Crazy-sama~"

@Tofu ~ It sounds like there will be quite a few of us next year, doesn't it?  And you'll be overwhelmed from the other side of the camera this time.  xD

Meetup ~ I also have a three-day weekend coming up.  :3  Pre-con meetup would be very fun, but if it's in Portland or something I don't know how I'd get there.  |D
/lives in Salem and is 18 but can't drive  8U

And yes, a meetup would just be to get to know each other before 2010~  Make friends, make it easier to recognize each other next year...stuff like that, I'd think.  :D

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 09:56:44 pm »
I think next year will be the big Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplay. xD

I, too, have a three day weekend. o:
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »
Alrighty! X3
I shall make a new thread in the Plan your own adventure section!
To the board!!!! 8D
 -  - -  -
Done. :3
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=10135.0
I hope you guys can make it! >w<

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 05:49:55 pm »
Woo! XD

@kotoumi
...Your right. If I'm any good at least. I hope to be. I actually want to do a lot of yugioh cosplaying in the future.

Btw which of the seto kaiba's do you think is better? outfit wise that is. I need to know which one I should do for 2010. And that year will definitely be massively filled with yugioh cosplayers.
da/tumblr

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2009, 05:40:44 pm »
Wewt! |3
I like the one with longgg white cape to be honest. XD
Cap-Flapp!! xDDD
I had a missunderstanding with the thread on the meet up, but it's all fixed now! xD;;
-feels dumb- x:

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2009, 06:49:21 pm »
I like original outfit the best because when I think of Kaiba, I always think of his blue jacket. His white one is sort of stand off-ish. xD;;
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2009, 06:51:48 pm »
@kagome
So....the school uniform...or the actually jacketed outfit he had at duelist kingdom...because I think that was purple or something. lol

And one vote for the battle city finals jacket right? coat tails of doom?
da/tumblr

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2009, 06:52:46 pm »
The, uh, purple-blue one from Duelist Kingdom. : D
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2009, 07:13:38 pm »
That would definitely be easier then the coat tails of doom. XD I'll see what versions others are doing for their characters.
da/tumblr

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2009, 02:33:10 am »
I kind of exploded for a few weeks, and for that I apologize. I really hate being busy.

Anyways! I see that, while people stopped conversing a fair while ago, I did indeed miss some of the conversation.

That would definitely be easier then the coat tails of doom. XD I'll see what versions others are doing for their characters.
But...I love the coat tails of doom! I really do. I honestly have no idea how people make that coat, though... If I ever cosplayed as Kaiba (which I would absolutely love to do, but I am really short, and not to mention he is mean, and yet I love him so), I would probably just buy it. When I first saw Kyle's Kaiba cosplay, though, I kind of imagined that he kind of used some kind of wire for the coat tails of doom to keep their shape... Wow, now I am pretty curious.  ;D Then again, I also like the one he wore during Duelist Kingdom, but...coat tails of doom! Doom!  ;D

I got my Bakura wig the other day, and I have to say, it looks really nice. I had planned/hoped on styling it and cutting it all along, but it is indeed kind of risky... I really do like it the way it is, anyways, but if I do end up attempting to slaughter its beauty, I shall try to enlist assistance from someone.

Now I just need to get an overshirt and a pair of pants secure, and then, other than the possible slaughtering of my wig, and sealing of my Millenium Ring (it is turning everything gold), I am finished! Though it is extreme wishful thinking, I would love to also secure a Duke Devlin and Johan costume by KumoriCon, but, like I said, that is extremely wishful thinking. Someday, though...I would really love to.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2009, 10:17:10 pm »
I was planning to be Mai, but I'm not too sure now. I'll either be her or Bakura. It'll all depend on how much time I have after I finish my other two cosplays. Since Bakura would be a lot easier to find clothes for.....

But, I'll probably end up being Mai, because I don't want to make my Joey sad...XD
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2009, 05:18:09 pm »
@Ake
true....so very true. Well I decided I'm going to go with the coat tails of doom because that's more recognizable and I decided to use the coat for another yugioh cosplay for s-con. >:3 It's gonna be awesome.

oh I also decided I'm going to be valon/varon for s-con. Anyone know who he is? :3
da/tumblr

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2009, 09:03:57 pm »
I was planning to be Mai, but I'm not too sure now. I'll either be her or Bakura. It'll all depend on how much time I have after I finish my other two cosplays. Since Bakura would be a lot easier to find clothes for.....

But, I'll probably end up being Mai, because I don't want to make my Joey sad...XD
I am a huge fan of cosplay, and I have never seen a Mai in the history of forever. Sure, if I searched on Cosplay.com, something is bound to show up, but I have never heard about anyone talking about cosplaying as Mai, or having a friend doing so, or even seeing someone doing so. I am sure that some people have seen Mai's, and while this year's KumoriCon will be my first convention, I really am just amazed, just like when someone was talking about how one of their friends wants to be Mako. That is really cool, and of course you do not wish to anger your Joey.  ;D Rage of the Brooklyn variety, you know?

@Ake
true....so very true. Well I decided I'm going to go with the coat tails of doom because that's more recognizable and I decided to use the coat for another yugioh cosplay for s-con. >:3 It's gonna be awesome.

oh I also decided I'm going to be valon/varon for s-con. Anyone know who he is? :3
I am really excited for this convention. I really cannot wait to see all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers especially. They are the people who are going to make the convention really something spectacular for me.

By S-Con, you mean SakuraCon, right?  ;D n00b here.

Out of all the Orichalchos people, I think I might have liked Valon/Varon the best. He was obnoxious in the beginning, as are all mean people to me, but he turned out really cool in the end.

Why are you only cosplaying him at S-Con?  :(

Oh, and another thing...does anyone know anyone who has cosplayed/currently cosplays Duke Devlin? ;D I would really like to get a general overall view of how much time it takes to create/assemble, and how much it costs, to see if it were in any way possible for me to finish a cosplay by KumoriCon. Then again, it would be really gross for me to cosplay as Duke, because I really am the whitest kid you will ever know. I could attempt to get "skin stuff" (I know that people have done it before), I could make the cosplay for someone else to use, or I could just be a creepy, ghostly white Duke Devlin. ;D

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2009, 06:48:10 am »
I am really excited for this convention. I really cannot wait to see all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers especially. They are the people who are going to make the convention really something spectacular for me.

By S-Con, you mean SakuraCon, right?  ;D n00b here.

Out of all the Orichalchos people, I think I might have liked Valon/Varon the best. He was obnoxious in the beginning, as are all mean people to me, but he turned out really cool in the end.

Why are you only cosplaying him at S-Con?  :(

Oh, and another thing...does anyone know anyone who has cosplayed/currently cosplays Duke Devlin? ;D I would really like to get a general overall view of how much time it takes to create/assemble, and how much it costs, to see if it were in any way possible for me to finish a cosplay by KumoriCon. Then again, it would be really gross for me to cosplay as Duke, because I really am the whitest kid you will ever know. I could attempt to get "skin stuff" (I know that people have done it before), I could make the cosplay for someone else to use, or I could just be a creepy, ghostly white Duke Devlin. ;D
shinigami_lover is being duke devlin. :3 not sure of who else is or who's been in the past. but his costume is fairly easy.

and well I plan on being a different version of seto for s-con as well. But valon is one of my other planned costumes. The others will be some I bring with me from this years k-con so then I have less to work on. :3 I hope people recognize me as valon. :<
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:18:22 pm by tofutakeout »
da/tumblr

Offline dark_master

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2009, 11:37:54 am »
I wasn't planning on coming to Kumoricon this year but it looks like I might and if I do I'm going to try and cosplay as Yusei Fudo from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:41:53 am by dark_master »
Kumoricon 2009 - Cosplay list

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
Yusei Fudo (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2009, 12:57:46 pm »
OwO Oh my god, Yusei! xD
Too bad it's not next year, I'm going as Carly Nagisa next year. =D

Offline dark_master

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2009, 04:40:06 pm »
OwO Oh my god, Yusei! xD

Really? Well maybe I will return for KC next year but I don't know. This year might be my last KC for a while (I says that last year too so who knows what will happen next year.)

This will be my second Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplay. My first was Yami No Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh!: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1459396/

The costume is in retirement so I won't be bringing him back. I can't even if I want too. I no longer own the costume.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2009, 05:46:06 pm »
OwO Oh my god, Yusei! xD

Really? Well maybe I will return for KC next year but I don't know. This year might be my last KC for a while (I says that last year too so who knows what will happen next year.)

This will be my second Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplay. My first was Yami No Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh!: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1459396/

The costume is in retirement so I won't be bringing him back. I can't even if I want too. I no longer own the costume.
oh my god I loved you. 030 You were such an amazing Bakura. <3
da/tumblr

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2009, 10:30:54 pm »
Well Akesukeru, I'm glad that you're happy about me being Mai! I'll probably end up doing her. I'll be getting a bunch of money this summer, and thankfully her clothes should be that hard to find/make! This'll be my first female cosplay! And of course it's the "slut".....fun......Thankfully, I'll be losing a lot of weight before Kcon, so I will actually be able to pull her off well!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2009, 07:34:03 am »

When I read your post, I had a feeling that it was you.  ;D I bidded on your costume, and I was the highest bidder for a while. I was about to win about half an hour before the bidding ended, but then I passed out from lack of sleep (because I was up all night looking for cosplay, and I found said one, and then I spent the rest of the night brainstorming ways to afford it, and how to get or make a Millenium Ring). I had three-hundred dollars ready to pay, and everything. I should have bet at least two-hundred. [/fail] I was so upset like you would not believe, but looking back, it was hilarious, because I totally tweaked out. Although, something good definitely came out of it all: I was forced to make my own cosplay, which has so far been a good thing. And seeing your costume on eBay in the first place is what inspired me to start cosplaying, so thank you for that.

Whoever bought your costume should come to KumoriCon wearing it, even if they live across the country, in another country, et cetera... They just should. I never got to see it in person, as I really would have liked to.

shinigami_lover is being duke devlin. :3 not sure of who else is or who's been in the past. but his costume is fairly easy.

and well I plan on being a different version of seto for s-con as well. But valon is one of my other planned costumes. The others will be some I bring with me from this years k-con so then I have less to work on. :3 I hope people recognize me as valon. :<
Is shinigami_lover their username on this forum? That may seem like a stupid question, but you may have meant Cosplay.com, or something. Or Towel.com. Who knows.  ;D

I would love to go to Sakura-Con, but that is like...in Seattle, which I believe is about a four hour drive from Portland. I refuse to learn how to drive, but if the people I know who usually go to Sakura-Con go next year, I guess I should try to catch a ride with them, though my friends conveniently always end up with "no room." >_> I checked the stats for attendence on Wikipedia, though, and it is over twice as many as last year's KumoriCon, so even more Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers in ratio, which would just be amazing to me.

And I would probably recognize you as Valon.  ;D

Well Akesukeru, I'm glad that you're happy about me being Mai! I'll probably end up doing her. I'll be getting a bunch of money this summer, and thankfully her clothes should be that hard to find/make! This'll be my first female cosplay! And of course it's the "slut".....fun......Thankfully, I'll be losing a lot of weight before Kcon, so I will actually be able to pull her off well!
Will you be taking some pictures of the cosplay before the convention, or will we all have to be surprised?  ;D

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2009, 08:49:56 am »
@ake
yeah I meant on here. lol XD sorry. yeah it a much a larger con. I didn't even see any yugioh cosplays at k-con last year. I knew there were some(I talked to the cosplayers even) but I never found them. Lets hope we get more and more every year. :3

I would love if others loved Valon as much as me. <3 He's just too cool, yeah in the dub he's sort of lame but hey I still like him.  ;D

and the idea of the person who bought his cosplay coming to our con would really amazing. That's devotion right there. lol
da/tumblr

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2009, 11:14:05 pm »
I'm not sure yet. I might, but this'll be one of those things that I'm waiting til mid August, so I get the right sizes in stuff.

You all just might have to be surprised!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline dark_master

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2009, 10:37:22 pm »

When I read your post, I had a feeling that it was you.  ;D I bidded on your costume, and I was the highest bidder for a while. I was about to win about half an hour before the bidding ended, but then I passed out from lack of sleep (because I was up all night looking for cosplay, and I found said one, and then I spent the rest of the night brainstorming ways to afford it, and how to get or make a Millenium Ring). I had three-hundred dollars ready to pay, and everything. I should have bet at least two-hundred. [/fail] I was so upset like you would not believe, but looking back, it was hilarious, because I totally tweaked out. Although, something good definitely came out of it all: I was forced to make my own cosplay, which has so far been a good thing. And seeing your costume on eBay in the first place is what inspired me to start cosplaying, so thank you for that.

Whoever bought your costume should come to KumoriCon wearing it, even if they live across the country, in another country, et cetera... They just should. I never got to see it in person, as I really would have liked to.

Really? I'm sorry you lost the bid but as you yourself says "Good came out of it." Well at least you were able to make your own costume. Are there any pictures yet? I would like to see them when you got some. Also, did you find a way to make the Millennium Ring?

My costume inspired you to start cosplaying? Well I'm glad I can start you on your cosplaying career. :D

I don't think she will but you never know.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:40:49 pm by dark_master »

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2009, 04:07:48 pm »
WOOHOO! *is happy over finally being able to post in the forums*

...Yo, Kotoumi and Dark Master! <3 <3 <3

Greetings from the cool gal who runs the Yu-Gi-Oh photoshoot at SakuraCon. ^_~

I'm so excited to finally get to go to KC. Unfortunately, I won't be doing any Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay (promised a bud that I'd debut my 'Konoha Gakuen Den' version of Choji Akimichi from Naruto).

@ Kotoumi = You rock for wanting to run a photoshoot at KC! Guess that makes you my 'KC counterpart'? LOL... Looking forward to running into ya if I can. Only going to be attending the 1st day of the con, btw.
~Proudly a hardcore Naruto, YYH, TTGL, and Yu-Gi-Oh! fangirl~

+Head Captain of the Umbrella Duelists cosplay group+

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2009, 07:51:46 pm »
Only going to be attending the 1st day of the con, btw.
D8

Did you cosplay from YGO for s-con 09?
da/tumblr

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2009, 08:32:51 pm »
Hells yes! I'm the nutty shortie who was cosplaying as Pegasus! ^o^

And you must be the awesome gal who cosplayed as Seto. <3

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2009, 08:41:59 pm »
really?! you were awesome Pegasus. XD

Well, er-no I didn't cosplay last year. but I will be cosplaying as female seto kaiba as S-con next year. and at k-con I'll just be normal kaiba.
da/tumblr

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2009, 12:57:10 am »
@ Shinsei - Hey!  :D
Ahaha, I guess it does.  And one day of a con is better than no days, so I hope it's fun for you~!  It's really cool you can make it~

Iiiin other news, Aki and Rally are coming along pretty well.  I'm internet fabric shopping for Aki because I need things I know I can't really get at the local places, and I just finished one of Rally's necklaces to bring progress on him to a nice 40%.
AND I HAVE A DIVINE.  (...Sayer.)  fasfjdsjljshg so excited.

Yay, more fans and cosplayers from after my last post  :D  There are already more than last year~!
(If I'm right, excluding me, we have about five [!!!] cosplayers and even more people looking forward to us...eeee!)

*jumps around excitedly*

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2009, 04:43:55 pm »
@ Tofutakeout = Oops...sorry. Thought you were the girl who was Seto this year.

@ Kotoumi = I'm sooo glad to come. Been wanting to go to KC for years. And awww man, you're 40% done with your Rally costume? *sigh* It's looking like I won't be able to do Rally for SC next year (namely because I'd have to commission someone to make the outfit/accessories, and I'm really poor...ugh...).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:45:05 pm by Lady Shinsei »