Author Topic: Horror room?  (Read 5209 times)

Anonymous

Horror room?
« on: April 13, 2005, 07:17:12 pm »
I think that there would be a place for an asian horror room at Kumoricon.  if there isent allready one there reallly really should be (i think), personally im an asian horror junkie, and if there isent something like this planned allready id really like to get involved.  i mean there was a hong kong film room at sakuracon so i think it woudl work out ok.  you know assuming that there was room for it.
whos for the awesome?

and not just the freaking ring(but maybey ringu 0 cause it makes no sence whatsoever), like tomie, the eye, shingoku, ju-on, phone and the like.

Anonymous

also
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 07:18:43 pm »
oh, and i was kinda exsited and posted that before my reg came in but my handle will be pinkrandomattack, also for aim and hotmail.

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Horror room?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 04:19:52 pm »
There's plans for a HK cinema room, perhaps this can be combined into a live action cenima theater.  The trick is getting the license to show the films at the convention.  For several of the HK fliks, this isn't as much of a deal because they don't have a US license, otherwise you have to hunt down who owns them, and beg for permission, and hope they don't ask you to pay.
~Sean Larson~

Anonymous

i see
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 07:10:13 pm »
ahh i see, i knew that there woudl be somethign like that.  im not sure how many of them are licenced or not, i just like finding what i can at movie madness, and i know alot of stuff there is a little scetchy.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Horror room?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:51:22 am »
Oooh. Ju-on was a really good film.
o-o; I saw it before I saw 'The Grudge'.
-waves hand- The US film hardly did justice to the Japanese one. But I still went to see it. xD

I also liked Ju-rei (sp?). It was confusing beacuse it went backwards, but I finally got it at the end.
I think a Horror film room would be awsome. ;3 I'd help track down movies, too.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Horror room?
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 12:15:57 am »
"Cure" (I'm not 100% sure on full title) was pretty damn creepy. Kinda gory, but really psychological. It'd be cool if that was shown.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
^^
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 03:55:54 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo A HORROR ROOM *starts snickering in a corner with a evil aura* ^.~
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline princessbunny99

• Cabbit
Horror room?
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 11:35:10 am »
wild zero.

PLEASE.

:D:D:D:D

Offline lyrafowlpotter

• Oni
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 03:56:44 pm »
DEFINITELY!!!! I love Asian Horror Cinema!!!! :D BEST HORROR AROUND!!! :D
God Bless ~Amy

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Horror room?
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 04:08:50 pm »
You know, once the finish Silent Hill the movie, we totally need to have it played at the con, it was filmed in Oregon after all!

I'm all for Asian horror. though I htink we should also have Suicide Club on the list, it was hilarious to me but really freaked some of my friends out.

Genesis is a Japanese cross between David Bowie and Dr. Frankenfurter! :lol:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Horror room?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 04:16:02 pm »
SUICIDE CLUB!
;DD I saw a preivew for that where all the girls jump before the train, omg, it looks so gooooood.