Author Topic: Baccano! '09  (Read 19952 times)

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
Re: Baccano! '09
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 07:09:27 pm »
I think it did some characters better and some just ok. But the real clincher for me was the 1930's slang they threw in.

Also Ladd seemed more giddy about killing and I thought that fit his character.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 07:14:50 pm »
I had a feeling it would, the characters are all western-style, so sometimes I tried to imagine how it would sound in English. haha. it definitely does them justice.

..I wonder how long Rachel's hair actually is....she always has it tucked away so I ant tell, but I guess it doesn't really matter haha. [personally, I think it's a little past shoulder length]

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2009, 07:16:21 pm »
The dubbed is good for what it is. They did a nice job replicating New York accents and such, and Nice's voice is hot as hell.
And yay for Rachel! I've only seen one cosplay of her so far and it looked very much like the girl just drug stuff out of her closet.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have the time for making Axl Low outfits for both my boyfriend and I after I whip out sweet guns for our Cave Story cosplay so me thinks that we'll probably make 20th century Issac and Miria for next year (we've been wanting to do it for awhile now). So you won't be alone if you do Rachel or whoever from Baccano! shanime.
And lucky for you I have the reference sheets for all of the characters. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/-Boogiepop-/052.jpg If anyone needs anyone elses, let me know and I'll upload them! I just wish I had this for when I was making Miria.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2009, 07:20:45 pm »
AHH! THANK-YOU!!!! now I will definitely be able to make it happen!!
her pants are a little lighter than her jacket right? or is half of it the same shade, and the bottom a lighter shade?

goodness I just watched the anime and I already forgot...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 07:26:09 pm »
Jesus, I think they are. My google-fu is failing me, there aren't many pictures of her!

Also, I just realized what the most amazing Baccano! cosplay would be. Carol and the Director, I think I would pass out from fangirling on the inside.
ALSO, so Sunday cool with everyone then? I'd love to get to wear Miria for more then a few hours. I know that it would probably be a-ok cool beans with me, Issac, and Jacuzzi. Firo usually switches things in and out so I'll ask him but it'll probably be cool with him too. Probably cool with tall Ladd and Kazukoto as well as I do not believe he has any other cosplays. So that would leave answers from our Nice and Ennis I do believe.

And it would probably be at the same time we decided (5 I think) so you would be safe from missing things Hisuji.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:39:06 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

• Catgirl
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2009, 07:39:49 pm »
Carol and the Director would be so sweet if someone cosplayed them.

Also here's a screenshoot of Rachel

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2009, 07:42:55 pm »
I know! I'm surprised no one has done either of them, also, I want to see a really good Czes! that would make me very happy.

the more I think of it, the more I realize that Allen is becoming very popular, he has been done a million times AND he has been done very well. I feel since there has only been one, or maybe a few Rachel cosplayers, I feel more of a need to really do her well.
sooooo it's settled. RACHEL FOR 2010!!
I hope to see you guys there as well =]

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2009, 08:18:53 pm »
So Baccano!'ers. I talked to a few people and for now I'm going to switch the time to 5 pm on Sunday instead of 4 pm Saturday. Baccano! Dinner will still happen and such. If there is a problem with your schedule and this, please tell me. I'm only switching it since about 5 or 6 of us are going to be involved with Pokemon all day Saturday. I don't want to leave anyone out, so if you can't make the new one, I will switch it back. Times and such can be adjusted as well.

MEETING PLACE ALSO. I really can't think of anywhere that we can meet that would go with our costume except for Pioneer Courthouse Square. Since are group is small enough do you guys mind if we meet up in there? If someone knows of a better place, perhaps somewhere in the hotel please let me know. These things can be changed easily but for now that's what I'm going to put in the photoshoot thread. Thanks for your input guys.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2009, 08:22:59 pm »
PCS sounds good to me, But I'm worried that the dinner might interfere with the Cosplay Competition and I like watching that every year.

But this is only speculative since I don't know the time for it yet.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2009, 08:35:32 pm »
PCS sounds good to me, But I'm worried that the dinner might interfere with the Cosplay Competition and I like watching that every year.

But this is only speculative since I don't know the time for it yet.

Well if all else fails, about 4 of us are for sure going to whatever is getting planned on that Anon site we go on if ya know what I mean.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2009, 08:38:53 pm »
ahaha. yup, I look forward to seeing you guys.

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2009, 08:46:51 pm »
True, True.

Also it seems that thread has been bumped off.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2009, 08:54:15 pm »
I hate to make talk about that in here and derail the thread but what time were we planning again? 8?
I'll make a new thread with da infoz if'n we all want.
Well after the site is back up that is.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 08:54:58 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:27 pm »
Sunday at 8:00 is what I recall

oh god, the Baccano! opening song is stuck in my head
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:11:51 pm by shanime_panda »

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2009, 09:58:13 pm »
I think the courthouse would actually make a really good place for a shoot. There's a lot of old buildings downtown that would probably make a good place too. Plus you've got union station if we wanted to go that far out of the way :P
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2009, 07:32:30 am »
Oh god, I kinda want to venture to Union Station for pictures now. We'll have to see if we can get someone with a camera to go with us.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2009, 10:13:23 am »
I would totally take pics of you guys, but I shall be hanging out with my friend who is a con virgin and I don't want to drag her on an adventure for Baccano! if she's never seen it [though hopefully I can get her to watch it before he con]

man...I'm so glad I have over a year to figure out this cosplay thing. I just realized that Chane has black gloves, black tights, and black heels, all of which I already own. Her and Rachel have gold eyes, just like my version of Rin Kagamine. I'm not sure if my L wig could be warped into a wig for Chane, but if it can it's all the more reason to do her...
but Rachel is not out of the picture yet! It's still between the two of them...
If I can figure out how to do all the things for Rachel then I will do her, but if not it would probably be easier for me just to make a simple black dress....

my brain hurts, I need to stop thinking about cosplays XD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2009, 11:03:07 am »
Haha, isn't cosplay fun? Dragging you in every direction, prodding you to do more costumes then you have time and money for. If you ever need help just post in here Shanime. I'm sure that one of us would have the answer to your questions!

I'm pleased I can have Baccano! fun for a whole day. Sakuracon was a little saddening since I really only got to wear my costume on the last day. The gathering there was so excellent though, I'm sure it will be equal or even more frun at Kumoricon! Hopefully we will all be a little more recognizable now that it's out in the states though. I swear to god, at last Kumoricon only two people knew what we were cosplaying from and everyone would go to my boyfriend and say "Oh, are you cosplaying from Brokeback Mountain?".

Funny, yet a little depressing at the same time.
Our Jacuzzi needs to get his ass to my house so I can make him a decent vest D:<
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:04:06 am by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2009, 11:30:46 am »
hahaha thank-you,
and for the record, I was totally depressed to find out you cosplayed Miria for 08, but I didn't know who she was back then!!

oh, and is your Chane gonna try to be in character by not talking the whole day? lol.
I think that's the only hard thing about cosplaying her.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2009, 11:41:52 am »
HAHAHAHAHA
Oh god no, Amy talks way too much. I doubt she would be able to do that, even if she tried really hard. Speaking of which, I should probably check up on Chane and Railtracer and see if they are even still doing those cosplays.

EDIT: Sad news, no Chan e and Railtracer, they don't have the money to do the costumes.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:09:36 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2009, 12:24:12 pm »
awwwww! I was looking forward to seeing them! [one of my favorite pairs]
actually, now that I think of I love all of the couples  :D

I've gone a whole day at school without talking [Day of Silence] but I'm not sure if I would be able to do it at a con! perhaps if you only talked for times when it was necessary, like if someone asked an important question that wasn't just a 'yes' or 'no' and even at that, you might wanna carry a sign that says 'My character doesn't talk, sorry if I cannot answer you'

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:22 pm »
Haha, maybe. I think it's a little silly to be THAT in character, but I may be weird. I don't like acting in character unless I'm actually taking pictures. Probably fear of being annoying from seeing too many people get too into character.

Like this girl last year yelling at someone working at the Taco Time "THE NAMES AXEL, A-X-E-L" or whatever he says in the game *shudder*. I hate people sometimes. Though I don't think Chane would be annoying since she's just quiet.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2009, 01:33:58 pm »
I don't know it might be nice, I mean, then the Axel person would never talk then. lol jk. OH, and I would so go as Carol if I had a Director. maybe next year. The court house sounds like a good place to me for the ps. any who I need to go workout... peace!
Soul Eater: Soul (90%)
Metal Gear Solid1: Meryl(20%)
Guilty Gear: Sol(30%)
Baccano:Carol(85%)

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2009, 03:05:54 pm »
I really wish there would be another season of Baccano!
there were so many characters that they never really elaborated on!

SO MANY QUESTIONS LEFT UNANSWERED!!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:58:19 pm by shanime_panda »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2009, 03:50:49 pm »
Double post, booo.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:51:58 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2009, 03:51:16 pm »
Baccano! was based off of some light novels that progress in the story further then the anime. There's a Livejournal group that was translating them, but I don't know how far they got.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2009, 06:54:03 pm »
SOS! I cant find a pattern for Ladd. If anyone knows were I can get a full suit pattern like his let me know plz! Other wise I dont know who to go as...

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2009, 07:40:55 pm »
I tried to find one for you, but it's hard to find patterns for Male suits  =(

hey boogie, do you have the reference for Chane?
I can't figure out how her dress is supposed to drape, sometimes it looks more A-line, but other times it's almost mermaid style...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2009, 08:20:39 pm »
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/-Boogiepop-/044.jpg
Here you go! I also have some head shots if you would like those as well.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2009, 08:45:53 pm »
sure!
hmmm. it seems simple enough to make, though the wig is giving me a little difficulty XD
there arn't many wigs without bangs, and its hard to get them with that 'poof'
but I shall find a way!

I think I'm gonna go with Chane, or at least try and style  my wig to look like her hair, and if it works out then I will have a chance to see if I look good as her.
If not, Rachel is my back-up since I think I could pull her off fairly well.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2009, 08:50:24 pm »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2009, 08:59:59 pm »
hooray for references! where did you get these things?!

and I was thinking of something like that. haha.
now I kinda wish the con was already over so I could start re-styling my wigs XD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2009, 09:05:28 pm »
I search a lot for things and I'm a black belt in google-fu.
I still need to make candy bars for the meetup.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2009, 08:21:19 pm »
@shanime_panda
thanks for looking! I'm thinking of changing ppl, but I don't know who would be a good last minuet change. Other wise I found a white suit on ebay, but Its only the jacket and pants for 49$. I dont want to spend too much on Ladd.>x<

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2009, 09:23:11 pm »
Last minute change. Mmm, oh jesus, be Carol :>
But uhhh, I don't think Lua's dress would be too difficult, or you could do Chane for this year as well. Rachel would be pretty easy as well, or since you are tiny you could be Chez :D

Seriously though, Carol would be amazing, you could carry around a little camera and be super cute.
And those are just suggestions of people who aren't taken at the moment. You could also cosplay anyone we we are already cosplay as!

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2009, 09:54:34 pm »
yea, Ennis wouldn't be too hard as a last minute change. just a wig and a pant suit =/
Chane is really easy, but I would die if I saw a Czes! [as previously stated]

• Catgirl
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2009, 10:24:53 pm »
Going shopping for Maiza tomorrow.

Hopefully I can find something on the lower end of price spectrum.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2009, 02:32:40 pm »
Talk of possible Baccano! skit with some of us?

It probably won't go down because all of us are lazy as all hell. I'm estimating a 20% chance it will actually happen.

But the possibility is still there, so tell me if you want in.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2009, 07:54:02 pm »
Skit sounds fun, but I'm not 100% sure if I can get Carol done. yes, I'm gonna try for Carol! Going to Joann's tomorrow, and ordering wigs. I can tell you if it looks possible by middle of next week.     

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2009, 09:35:57 pm »
Talked to Mark at the meeting about it..a skit would be fun, but in less than a month, not the best idea. Maybe for Sakura-con?
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2009, 03:14:29 pm »
Yeah, I've decided against it too. Plus I can't come up with anything >:
And I'm not sure if I'll be bringing Mira to Sak since I already am going to bring four costumes. Maybe just for the meetup but that is it.

ALSO YES CAROL!!!! I HOPE YOU FINISH <3

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2009, 07:57:07 pm »
I found a decent Rachel cosplay!!!! wayyy better than the closet cosplay on coscom

http://hybridre.deviantart.com/art/rachel-here-we-go-102427464

I am now motivated to make it even better

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2009, 03:14:06 pm »
If I don't find that hat and suit soon I won't be able to go as Maiza. and I don't want to drop yet another cosplay.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2009, 03:34:12 pm »
You still might be able to get that suit I showed you if you order it like, today.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

• Catgirl
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2009, 03:44:44 pm »
I don't think my mum will let me order it though. She's not too keen on me spending all my moneys.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2009, 03:58:23 pm »
you could cosplay as maiza from the 1700's maybe?
I think it was just pants, white shirt, and suspenders...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2009, 03:59:57 pm »
Psst, if your real secretive about it and have the money you can give the money to me and I'll order it for you.
Or you can go with Shiname's idea.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:01:06 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

• Catgirl
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2009, 04:05:53 pm »
@Boogie
Maybe, maybe but that still leaves the hat problem.

@Shanime
I don't think I could pull off Pilgrim!Mazia since my hair isn't the right color or style and I have no time to buy a wig and style it.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2009, 04:31:17 pm »
When I get home, lets look around online and see what we can find via IM.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2009, 04:38:28 pm »
Double posting so you see. Look "Brown Fedora" on Amazon. There are some for like $12.

~2012 cosplay mofos~