Author Topic: Resident Evil 5  (Read 10520 times)

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattstotts
Resident Evil 5
« on: March 18, 2009, 06:20:02 am »
This is a really amazingly fun co-op game! However, if you do single player the Ai for your partner if horrible! Your partner will have a few spots of sunlight but another human player will always beat out the Ai. If you liked Resident Evil 4 this will somewhat the same game style. Personally I was never a fan of Leon but I was a big fan of Chris.
Hello. My name is Matt. I like Twilight and the Jonas Brothers.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Resident Evil 5
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:37:43 am »
It sure looks amazing. I doubt I'll ever play it, but I'd love to watch someone else play it, haha. (Survival Horror has never been my cup o' tea.)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 10:50:31 am »
I was playing co-op with my bro last weekend. It is da bomb! I love it. My bro laughs when I spontaneously scream because I wasn't expecting a zombie!!! LOL~ It's finals week, but after thursday night, we will pick up where we last left off.. I think we were on chapter 4?

Great gameplay and graphics! Free resuscitation if your partner is dying and you have no health items!!! ^_^
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 10:53:24 am »
Personally I was never a fan of Leon but I was a big fan of Chris.

Thats cause Chris is soooo much Cooler! 8)

Yeah the game is awesome! I'll always prefer playing with a real person but haven't had any real problems with the AI. For the most part she holds her own and stays outta my way. Haven't had a chance to try out The Mercenaries mini game yet.
Team Koga

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 10:58:11 am »
Personally I was never a fan of Leon but I was a big fan of Chris.

Thats cause Chris is soooo much Cooler! 8)

Yeah the game is awesome! I'll always prefer playing with a real person but haven't had any real problems with the AI. For the most part she holds her own and stays outta my way. Haven't had a chance to try out The Mercenaries mini game yet.

Is that why ur cosplaying Chris? ^_^  :D

BTW, play the game on Veteran mode, and you will get a really fun challenge!!! I mean it! ^_^
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:03:55 am by princessmoon »
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:15:36 am »
Is that why ur cosplaying Chris? ^_^  :D

Yup yup! 

I'll start Veteran soon. Can't say I'm looking forward to the veteran Aligators though, they're scary enough as it is.
Team Koga

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:31 am »
Try the going against the...ummm "Giant"...on Veteran. The aligators are no biggie... just whack them with the shocker! :P
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 11:24:39 am »
WAT!  You've been Killing them with the Stun Baton!?!?  Thats CRAZY! I never thought of that! I've always used my Sniper wich takes about 4 to 5 shots to put em down.
Team Koga

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 11:29:27 am »
LOL! Ur so funny! Yes, I shocked them until they bellied up! Aren't I evil? I shock zombies too, but I end up shocking my partner..lol, my bro too. I think I stopped using the stun baton after the alligator level tho. Haha...the game is very enjoyable!
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 11:47:10 am »
What kinda equipment do you primarily use? Weapons etc.
Team Koga

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 11:59:21 am »
What kinda equipment do you primarily use? Weapons etc.

Well, it depends on the level + "zombie community." Like the stun baton was special mostly for the alligator level. I just got the magnum not too long ago, but hardly use it. I upgraded the pistol and machine gun so I mostly use those plus some grenades. One really good thing to purchase are proximity bombs! They come in handy quite a bit. I hardly ever use my sniper rifle too, well occasionally...My bro  recently acquired the double barrel shotgun and I sooo want it. It blast power is incredible! I can't remember what else I use in my inventory--I feel like I left something out...anywho...it will come back when I start playing again.    :P
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 12:20:22 pm »
For the most part I stick with my upgraded M92F (the first pistol ya get) Boasting an incredible 100 round clip, essentially freeing up an extra inventory spot. That and with a 3 star Critical hit rate I'm not complaining. Other then that I tend to carry the M3 Shotgun and the PSG1 Sniper Rifle with enhanced scope. As far as Magnums go I prefer the L.Hawk. Like you said though this all varies depending on what im going to be fighting. :P
Team Koga

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 12:37:41 pm »
LOL, I don't know the names of the weapons... I just use them...in creative ways.  :D  Another thing that's helpful is performing Melee attacks with your partner, especially with the chainsaw guy. Saves bullets and you get a good laugh if you "roundhouse kick" your partner. Well, I play Sheva + my bro plays Chris, so I find it hilarious when I "harm" my partner unintentionally.  :D  :D  :D
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 12:42:00 pm »
I shock zombies too, but I end up shocking my partner..lol, my bro too.

I find it hilarious when I "harm" my partner unintentionally.  :D  :D  :D

You sound Dangerous...
Team Koga

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 12:52:35 pm »
o_o

oooooo I shound dangerwous?

Hmmm...LOL! Maybe, I just like having fun! Perhaps I try to mask my fear of zombies by taking it out on my partner! Oh no!  :o LOL. You don't wanna know what I do with bombs...  :D  :D  :D 

Just kidding!
And so it begins...

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 04:04:37 pm »
I bought the Collectors Addition last Friday, it was really worth the extra 20$ for everything you get. The case is so beautiful. Haha. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game so far. I was a little upset though cause my sister and I were playing it for a while together, but her being sixteen she got mad over something I did and hasn't played it with me since. Although, I've been in Seattle since then, but the AI hasn't really been a problem for me, either. It has its pros and cons.

Either way, Chris and Sheva are hot, I keep hoping there's a hidden Easter Egg. Haaaah.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 07:12:02 pm »
I WANT this game SOOOOOOOO bad.....But I dont have a PS3 or a 360. I have to wait till June when it is "suppose" to come out for PC. And they arent even making a Wii version....growl.

At least they are making a sequel for The Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii. The Darkside Chronicles needs to come out soon.....
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 01:47:18 am »
Just finished this game on Veteran mode with my bro. ^-^ it was pretty fun! In the end, I upgraded my magnum to it's max potential...THAT was fun. 2700 firepower! teehee. Perhaps we will try Professional mode next.
And so it begins...

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 02:46:37 am »
Their is a better magnum out there. As soon as you max your basic weapons (The first of that type) you unlock the ultimate weapons! My friend got the ultimate magnum unlocked and its base attack is 2100!

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 05:41:09 pm »
O_o ooooo... way cool! A magnum with a base firepower of 2100? GAH! ^_^
The mercenaries addition is fun! I really wanna play Wesker, but I gotta unlock him somehow. hmm, hmm, hmm!
And so it begins...

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 06:07:44 pm »
Finished the game Thursday with my friend. We beat it on normal (I wanted to do Veteran but my friend isn't too good). Albert Wesker has the best lines in this game!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 08:32:54 pm »
You unlock new characters on Mercenaries by Getting a Grade of "A" or higher on the various maps.

Chris (S.T.A.R.S.) Get an A rank on Experimental Facility
Chris (Safari) Get an A rank on Village
Jill (Battle Suit) Get an A rank on Ship Deck
Jill (BSAA) Get an A rank on Public Assembly
Sheva (Clubbin') Get an A rank on Ancient Ruins
Sheva (Tribal) Get an A rank on Missile Area
Wesker (Midnight) Get an A rank on Mines
Wesker (S.T.A.R.S.) Get an A rank on Prison

Team Koga

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 11:07:27 pm »
I got Wesker Midnight version...woohoo! All by meself 4 once! Me, me, me!  :D   :D   :D  Ice cream celebration time!!!  :P
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 10:53:49 pm »
Versus mode will be up tomorrow on Xbox Live. It will offer two different game types, Slayer and Survivor. In Slayer  players try to down the most Zombies within the time limit. In Survivor its player versus player. Versus mode will run at $4.99
Team Koga