Author Topic: SKIT DEADLINE? WHEN???  (Read 5593 times)

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
SKIT DEADLINE? WHEN???
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:48:13 am »
Hello!

My friends and I are creating a skit and we have a few questions!

We know the deadline is coming up but by deadline does that mean that they will want the entire skit, script and all turned in soon? or just a plot outline, or just a notification that we are doing one?
Also WHEN is the deadline? XD

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:25:29 am by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: SKIT DEADLINE? WHEN???
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:05:05 pm »
Usually this kind of thing is in Cosplay, not "live programming"
Anyway...

Submissions are accepted (via mail/email) until about 3 weeks prior to convention - however, you theoretically can turn in your application at the convention (but may wind up on the "waiting list" if a ton of people have already signed up ahead of you).

I don't think the cosplay rules/participant forms have been posted to the website yet, though they do exist....I'll try to ensure that they're posted following the next Kumoricon meeting.

-Andie

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:10:07 pm »
Oh sorry, I thought it was under live programming my bad.
Ah, so the deadline isn't known as of yet then. Thank you.
Also what email should we email it to? And is the email the entire skit, and or script? or just a plot outline, or just a notification that we are doing one?

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 08:19:16 am »
The forms and rules for Cosplay competition have been posted to the website. They contain all the information you need. You aren't required to submit a script, but you may choose to do so. The final deadline for getting entries in will be at the convention. The exact deadline date & time will be announced in the forums / posted to the website as soon as the official schedule is finalized. Basically, if you show up on the first day of the convention (Saturday), you can be certain that you can apply -- however, I do recommend you send in your application early (mostly to make the cosplay director less stressed -- if everyone waits until the last minute, I go into a tizzy fearing that cosplay will have too few entries... having "too many" entries prior to the con makes the director a happy person because although we get a lot of signups early, we also get many no-shows or cancellations). So go on over to the Contests and Events page http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=95  and download, fill out, and submit your entry form. You'll make a cosplay director very happy  :D

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:47:52 am »
The forms and rules for Cosplay competition have been posted to the website. They contain all the information you need. You aren't required to submit a script, but you may choose to do so. The final deadline for getting entries in will be at the convention. The exact deadline date & time will be announced in the forums / posted to the website as soon as the official schedule is finalized. Basically, if you show up on the first day of the convention (Saturday), you can be certain that you can apply -- however, I do recommend you send in your application early (mostly to make the cosplay director less stressed -- if everyone waits until the last minute, I go into a tizzy fearing that cosplay will have too few entries... having "too many" entries prior to the con makes the director a happy person because although we get a lot of signups early, we also get many no-shows or cancellations). So go on over to the Contests and Events page http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=95  and download, fill out, and submit your entry form. You'll make a cosplay director very happy  :D

Thank you so much~~! : 3 You are a lifesaver darling~ [hugshugs]
I will email mine soon~! (we are allowed to email...correct?)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:36:10 pm »
Actually, email submissions are preferred... that way I can copy/paste the data into my db and it saves you 40 cents.
Also, you'll get confirmation that I have received the submission as soon as I receive it (so if you don't get an email response within a few days - I only look at email monday thru friday - then resend because it may have evaporated somewhere