Author Topic: BIG PARTY in SALEM again!! *FREE* MAY 14th!!!  (Read 18365 times)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
BIG PARTY in SALEM again!! *FREE* MAY 14th!!!
« on: April 12, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
Hello everyone.

It is time again for another wondrous and awesome LANIME PARTY in Salem!!

We had a huge turnout for our March event and this time we have MORE space and MORE stuff and we naturally want MORE people to attend!!

So here is the lowdown:

LANime PARTY

Date and time:  MAY 14th from 2pm-midnight

Location: Chemeketa Community College Building 9 Rooms: 111, 112, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 (yes that is SEVEN big rooms of fun!!!)

COST: FREE, nothing, zero, zilch, yes it is FREE!!

What will be happening:  LAN gaming, HALO 2, manga, anime, HK film, art contest, cosplay contest, DDR, GO, chess, other console gaming, pot luck, and probably other stuff I am forgetting!

So, we'll update this thread as we get more info about event schedules, but at this point just mark your calendar and do whatever you can to get down to Salem on MAY 14th for this awesome and *FREE* event.

Here are some directions and maps to the campus:

Directions from Portland to Chemeketa Community College
Take I-5 South towards Salem.
Take exit number 260B for Chemeketa Community College.
Turn left onto Chemawa Road NE.
Turn right onto Portland Road NE.
Turn left onto Lancaster Drive NE.
Turn left onto Cooley Drive NE to enter the Chemeketa Community College campus.

Directions from Eugene to Chemeketa Community College.
Take I-5 North towards Salem.
Take exit number 256 for Chemeketa Community College.
Turn right onto Market Street NE.
Turn left onto Lancaster Drive NE and continue for approximately 2 miles.
Turn right onto Cooley Drive NE to enter the Chemeketa Community College campus.

Here is a link to MAPQUEST directions for Mapquest users:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=4000+Lancaster+Drive+NE&city=Salem&state=OR&zip=97309&country=us

and here is a campus map with easy to read red markings.. :D

w00t!
The trick is not minding.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 11:36:44 am »
i really really hope i can go the last one was soo much fun
i say really hope cuz my mom was saying last week she has a union confernce if i wanted to go and it the same date and there went my ride if she does (but suport our unions) portland car pool any one?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 01:33:33 pm »
i hope to go
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.teamarc.org
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 03:29:47 pm »
Thinking about it. How far out of Salem is Portland (by car...never actually drove to Salem before  :oops: )?

Just not sure what condition I'll be in to drive back at 12am in the morning :\
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 03:43:56 pm »
Quote from: "khayman"
Thinking about it. How far out of Salem is Portland (by car...never actually drove to Salem before  :oops: )?

Just not sure what condition I'll be in to drive back at 12am in the morning :\

Salem is about 50 minutes South of Portland.  
And there is no obligation to stay all the way to midnight.  Lots of folks come for just a few hours and then head back home. :)

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 03:16:26 am »
what games are u doing for the lan?

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 09:48:10 am »
Quote from: "zenix"

I second that question ^^

And is it a "bring your own PC" or will there be available hookups? I just hate to lug my PC around (more worry than anything else), really need to get a portable one heh.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 09:49:48 am »
Oh, and also is there a tournament registration fee? E.g. a pot for the winner, or other prizes, or just for bragging rights?

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 09:50:01 am »
I'll try to make it with some Eugene peoples.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 09:51:00 am »
and lastly, why does it always take 2 times to get my login to 'work' lol.

Sorry couldn't resist. Tis strange though :P
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 10:41:51 am »
WOOO.
;3 Look for me, in my Dejiko Cosplay! (Ahh. I don't have a wig. xD)
I'll be there with my friend Leslie, she dosn't Cosplay but she loves Anime/Manga.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 11:55:44 am »
I dunno if I can make it as it depends on if I can get a ride from the portland area.  I'll bring my haku cosplay if I can.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 03:00:04 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Quote from: "zenix"

I second that question ^^

And is it a "bring your own PC" or will there be available hookups? I just hate to lug my PC around (more worry than anything else), really need to get a portable one heh.

Oh, and also is there a tournament registration fee? E.g. a pot for the winner, or other prizes, or just for bragging rights?

I am not sure what games are going to be played BUT we are having a meeting on Sunday the 17th and all those details will be worked out at the meeting and either I or Irnogs will post the info as soon as we can.

It is definately a 'bring your own PC' deal.  You need to bring your PC and all the necissary cords, power strips, cables, etc...  We are working on having some PC's available for a fee in the future, but I am not sure at this point if that will be available for the MAY event.

And there are no fees for the tournament.  There are prizes that are provided by sponsors like ATI, BAWLS, and ALIENware.  The tournament winners last time won a case of BAWLS drinks.

Also it is a good idea to check out the ETHERGUILD website and also browse the forums there for the latest info.  This is the Etherguild's site:

http://www.etherguild.org

You'll need to register to use the forums, but that is quick and painless. :wink:

And I'll make sure and update this thread with info as I get it.

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 04:11:56 pm »
I DID register lol, just for some reason half the time my first login doesn't stick. /stares suspiciously at the PCs at work

I'll probably be there. Hard to resist not going when it's so close.

Thanks for the link.
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 04:17:00 pm »
Oh and if anyone wants a ride and doesn't mind riding with a crazy guy I will probably be ok with that (don't want to promise anything yet till I've got more details tho). I'll probably be staying the whole time though, fyi.
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 04:19:19 pm »
Oh and if anyone wants a ride and doesn't mind riding with a crazy guy I will probably be ok with that (don't want to promise anything yet till I've got more details tho). I'll probably be staying the whole time though, fyi.

so are you simply driving back late then?

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 04:36:18 pm »
i cant go  :cry: no one lives in damascus or clackamas :cry:

or does someone :?:

and i want to go  :cry:

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 07:34:47 pm »
Alright, I suppose I should answer some questions.

First, it is BYOC. The XBoxes and PS2s will be provided for other games (Halo2, DDR, etc.), but you are responsible for bringing PC equipment.

Second, there are no fees this time, but we may for our June event if Monarch Computers sponsors us again and sends us the Hornet pack they've been talking about. I believe I can justify charging a couple bucks for a tourney entry if we're giving away a $300+ prize to the winner. This time the winnerswill win a case of bawls, as well as a T-Shirt and other stuff TBA.

I believe we plan on having a tourney for AA (America's Army), and probably Halo 2 again. FYI AA is a FREE game and we will have CDs available at the LAN so you can install it. That's half the reason we're having it, and the other half being that people kept asking for it. ;)

If you have any other questions, please post them on the EtherGuild forums, as ALL of the staff checks them a few times a day. I also sent out a mass mailing with some info that registered members should recieve shortly. For some reason the etherguild mail system's been a little slow today, so hopefully that gets to everyone soon. :)

So, tell eveyone about the event! We'll have TONS of prizes and fun stuff going on, and you can't beat that for free!!

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 09:43:30 pm »
Quote from: "Kurimono"

Yeah, pump a couple of mochas into myself and I should be good to go. I'd rent a cheap hotel unit for the night, but in all honesty I'm trying to save now that Sakuracon is past (and Kumoricon coming up).

Besides, at a 50min drive it's actually an early night for me lol. I go to bed 12am minimum....and that's on weekdays when I have to get up for work in the morning ;)

Like I said, my biggest concern is I've never been to Salem before, but that is why Mapquest was born :D

Think I'll leave my PC at home though, those aren't games I play heh. Oh well, one less thing to worry about ^ ^

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 09:50:44 pm »

Yeah, pump a couple of mochas into myself and I should be good to go. I'd rent a cheap hotel unit for the night, but in all honesty I'm trying to save now that Sakuracon is past (and Kumoricon coming up).

Besides, at a 50min drive it's actually an early night for me lol. I go to bed 12am minimum....and that's on weekdays when I have to get up for work in the morning ;)

Like I said, my biggest concern is I've never been to Salem before, but that is why Mapquest was born :D

Think I'll leave my PC at home though, those aren't games I play heh. Oh well, one less thing to worry about ^ ^

I may want a ride from you then....I'll let you know when it comes up.

AA huh?  maybe I'll try finding my CD for it and play(practice) it for a while.  although, I'll likely suck at it.  at least there is DDR.   could we bring games?  random thought of bringing time crisis 3 came to mind.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 10:25:55 pm »
yeah, by all means feel free to bring other games if you want. we just are playing that game for the tourney.

also, chemeketa's really easy to find, so I don't think you'll have any problems. if you do though, just pull up to a gas station or something and anyone in town could tell you. mapquest should have it right though. there's no one way streets on that side of town heh (got turned around in portland really bad once since mapquest messed that up...)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 07:55:49 am »
(it takes me two time to log out too) i stayed til amost very end at the last paatii,(ride got lost) it was cold (moogle skirt not warm) but the last anime was sooo cool , i'm definetly going to keep an eye out for it(once i remeber the name)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 08:10:34 am »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
also, chemeketa's really easy to find, so I don't think you'll have any problems. if you do though, just pull up to a gas station or something and anyone in town could tell you. mapquest should have it right though. there's no one way streets on that side of town heh (got turned around in portland really bad once since mapquest messed that up...)

Very true, and if you haven't yet, please check the first post of this thread to find driving directions to Chemeketa.

Here is a link to MAPQUEST directions for Mapquest users:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=4000+Lancaster+Drive+NE&city=Salem&state=OR&zip=97309&country=us

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 10:32:54 am »
my younger brother and i would love a ride if its not and inconvece to you (we never have $$ but could probly scrounge up 5$ to chip in for gas)
with the map quest its realy easy to find and all the signs saying "this way to chemeka cc" were really helpful too

Offline Hatake_Kakashi

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~blue_marker
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 10:32:37 pm »
Oh, man, that sounds like a lot of fun. I'd totally go, but I live in Battle Ground x.x I don't think I'd be able to get a ride, or even follow a map there. Oh well, there'll be others ^__^
... SEX DOESN'T LIKE YOU!
I'm in love with every Cloud, Wolfwood, and Mustang cosplayers :3

talk at me on Google Talk: bluemarker

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2005, 10:34:57 am »
btw, I thought I'd let everyone know that I did get pics up from the last party. You HAVE to see the pics of Eric getting tackled by Danyl and Eric uhmm... holding something of Danyl's HAHA (it's PG, I swear).

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2005, 09:27:59 pm »
btw, I thought I'd let everyone know that I did get pics up from the last party. You HAVE to see the pics of Eric getting tackled by Danyl and Eric uhmm... holding something of Danyl's HAHA (it's PG, I swear).

hahaha Yeah the pics are super funny.  LAN GONE WILD!!!

Anyway, for those of you who are planning on coming we had a big planning meeting tonight and the venue looks AWESOME!!

Here is a breakdown of the rooms:

room 111: ANIME/HK FILM (big room, big big screen, ampitheater style seating)
room 115:  LAN gaming.  Same type of room.  Outlets at each seat.  good times.

room 114 and 116:  TWO ROOM HALO 2 tourney.  all on BIG SCREENS

room 117:  MANGA, ART, table top gaming, GO, CHESS, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc...
room 118:  FOOD, Potluck AND... a big screen for AMV's and chopsocky Kung Fu films.  

As far as what I will be showing, here is what is on my viewing list so far:
ANIME:
Madlax
FMP Fuffomu
Early Reins
HK FILM:
Righting Wrongs (1986)
One Nite in Mongkok (2004)

The party is gonna ROCK!!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 10:44:19 am »
Woo. I can't wait! My friend Leslie decided to wear my Kimono for the party... So look out for two girls runnin' around. ;3

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2005, 02:02:25 pm »
Hi everyone, just want to add some more SUPERCOOL news about the MAY party!!

We have more sponsors donating prizes for the event and I have it confirmed that FUNImation will be sending a box of swag and prizes for the party.  W00t!!!

I also have it confirmed that BANDAI will be sending a big box of swag and prizes our way for the JUNE party!!!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2005, 04:47:09 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Woo. I can't wait! My friend Leslie decided to wear my Kimono for the party... So look out for two girls runnin' around. ;3

does that mean you're going to wear Leslie's kimono?  or we just look out for a girl following another girl who is wearing the other girl's kimono or would it be a girl in a kimono that belongs to another girl that the girl is following?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2005, 05:57:35 pm »
yayness i might have securded a ride :D .. madness one weekend costume making this weekend!!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2005, 08:35:24 pm »

does that mean you're going to wear Leslie's kimono?  or we just look out for a girl following another girl who is wearing the other girl's kimono or would it be a girl in a kimono that belongs to another girl that the girl is following?

-spasm-
:o UM. UM. YES.
No, She'll be wearing my Blue kimono with pretty... birds (I can't member the kind) with yellow Obi, and I'll be wearing my Dejiko. Um. Without the Hat. Beacuse it sucks. xDD And I dunno what I'll do about footwear, beacuse my boots slag a little... Okay. Alot. o-o;

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2005, 09:26:36 pm »
-spasm-
No, She'll be wearing my Blue kimono with pretty... birds (I can't member the kind) with yellow Obi, and I'll be wearing my Dejiko. Um. Without the Hat. Beacuse it sucks. xDD And I dunno what I'll do about footwear, beacuse my boots slag a little... Okay. Alot. o-o;

oh cool, I like to see your cosplay when you make it there.  I dunno if I will wear my haku cosplay to the lan party.  I still have to get a ride first! o_o

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2005, 09:47:56 pm »
-spasm-

oh cool, I like to see your cosplay when you make it there.  I dunno if I will wear my haku cosplay to the lan party.  I still have to get a ride first! o_o

if you need a ride I'd also suggest posting in the etherguild forums. there's a forum there dedicated to this topic

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2005, 10:43:14 pm »
if you need a ride I'd also suggest posting in the etherguild forums. there's a forum there dedicated to this topic

oh okay thanks.  I may look into that, I dunno about registering though.... I'll look into it later I guess, but thanks again for the tip

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 12:17:16 pm »
registering isn't a big deal. all we need is an email address, really. then occasionally we send out emails to notify people of new events. it takes like 10 seconds to register, and you can even hide your email if you want. registering gives you access to the whole site though, and it helps us get new sponsors since we can show how many people are registered with us.

in short: it keeps you in the loop and gives you access to all of the bonus stuff on the site, and it helps out the club

well, good luck with the ride. ;)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 08:32:53 pm »
Hi everyone.  I have the viewing room schedules all hammered out and ready so here it is.  (For the Hong Kong films, you can click on the title to read a review of the film to learn more about it.)

ANIME ROOM

2:00-2:50: MADLAX eps 1-2

2:50-3:40: Full Metal Panic Fumoffu eps 1-2

3:40-4:25: Early Reins

4:25-6:05: Spiral eps 1-4

6:05-7:45: Fullmetal Alchemist eps 5-8

7:45-9:45: Evangelion eps 1-5

9:45-10:30: Break for awards

10:30-11:30: TBA (likely will be some Dir En Grey music videos)

11:30:  clean up

HK FILM ROOM

2:00 - 3:50:  LIFELINE

3:50 - 6:00:  The Stormriders

6:00 - 7:40:  Righting Wrongs

7:40 - 9:45:  One Nite in Mongkok

9:45 - 10:30: break for awards

10:30 - 11:30: TBA (likely will be Live Action Sailor Moon)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2005, 09:22:18 am »
ooowww yay :D  live sction sailor moon! i'm comming in a car load of people and 2 of them have never even heard of live action sailor moon

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2005, 11:56:40 am »
D: I watched Spiral. Maybe it's that it was in English, and the Gamers where all doing DDR noisly, but it... it sucked. We only watched the first eppisode beacuse everyone was dissipointed with it.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2005, 12:45:54 pm »
D: I watched Spiral. Maybe it's that it was in English, and the Gamers where all doing DDR noisly, but it... it sucked. We only watched the first eppisode beacuse everyone was dissipointed with it.

Yeah, I have only watched the first episode as well, I thought it was ok.  I showed the first episode at our LAN party in Feb.  I didn't like the intro music much.  We are showing it because FUNImation is a sponsor and we show their stuff and then people fill out surveys and we send them back to FUNI and FUNI likes us and sends us more free stuff  8) .

But, yeah, if you aren't into it there are always lots of other fun stuff and you can always step into the HK film room and watch the EXCELLENT film 'The Stormriders'.   :D

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2005, 06:05:11 pm »
Quote from: "rarnom"

Yeah, I have only watched the first episode as well, I thought it was ok.  I showed the first episode at our LAN party in Feb.  I didn't like the intro music much.  We are showing it because FUNImation is a sponsor and we show their stuff and then people fill out surveys and we send them back to FUNI and FUNI likes us and sends us more free stuff  8) .

But, yeah, if you aren't into it there are always lots of other fun stuff and you can always step into the HK film room and watch the EXCELLENT film 'The Stormriders'.   :D

Is that a challenge? I'LLTAKEYOUON! :3 I'm looking forward to it.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2005, 07:46:39 pm »
Speaking of FUNImation, I got my prize package in the mail from them today and I got 16 dvds!!

So, if you want in on some of this free-prize-raffle-giveaway-dvd goodness then you GOTTA COME TO SALEM ON MAY 14th!!!
 :D

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2005, 08:41:03 pm »
hey that's a pretty nifty package they sent you!  
Also, the AA (America's Army) tourney will start at 5pm, and the Halo 2 tourney will start at 7:30. Registration closes 1/2hr before tourney start, so get there early!

Also, the first 100 people will be getting a bag full of goodies! I'm not talking just stickers and flyers either! Each bag will have a t-shirt or hat or bawls sack... and either a screwdriver kit (from corsair) or a pen and other nifty stuff - in ADDITION to nifty stickers and flyers.  Just ANOTHER reason to get there early. (btw rarnom, we will probably be meeting in the room early Friday to stuff the bags and set up)

This month, the halo 2 tourney winner will win a case of bawls, and the AA tourney winner will be winning a case of bawls and a ticket to PDX LAN!!

We will also be having a drawing for everyone that brings their computer for a Crucial Ballistix PC4000 DDR500 1GB memory kit!! That's a $250 prize we're going to give away!!

Also, we plan on having an order form available for those of you that are interesting in purchasing VIP membership for $20/year. VIP membership is completely optional, and you may still enter our monthly events on campus without it. We are offering the VIP membership to raise funds and offer some other goodies. With it you will get:

1)A T-Shirt (either SuperBest or EtherGuild, it's up to you... and whatever size you need. This will be a pre-order deal, and we'll get it to you once it's printed)

2) /possibly/ (most likely, but not entirely confirmed)An exclusive spiral bound manual written by the EtherGuild. It's kind of a humorous "gamer's guide to social interaction" type of deal... you'll have to see it when it's printed, which will probably be sometime before the June event.  

3)Exclusive access to certain parts on the website which will allow you to download our short films and other goodies. It will also get you your own email @etherguild.org or thesuperbest.com (we're still undecided)

4)Exclusive access to the superbest and etherguild libraries...

5)An invite to VIP members only parties once a term (4x a year). we'll be supplying food, and probably movies, etc.

6)Free entry in our future tournaments on campus. As of June we are expecting to charge a small (probably $2) entry fee for the TOURNAMENTS. This is not a cover charge! We plan on always having free entry to the event. We are just simply trying to get some compensation for the prizes we are offering with the tournament fees.

I hope some of you are interested in purchasing the membership. It'll help the club tremendously, and it'll hook you up with some cool stuff.  Again, let me say that you do not need to buy this though. You can still come to our events and play all the games you want and participate in everything we offer at our monthly events without purchasing a membership!

Oh, and one more thing! I'd like to mention, that at the event we are asking that anyone UNDER 16 that is attending please arrive with an  ADULT that will be present the whole evening with you and can be responsible for you during the event. Also, anyone under 12 will be required to have that person WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES. This is just to keep everyone out of trouble and make sure that we don't have any kids left there without a way home. Also, I'd like to add that all minors need to follow curfew laws!

There, I hate being a party pooper, so please don't make me say it again. ;)
I hope to see you all there! This will be an awesome party, and with rarnom getting us in the statesman next week, there's sure to be lots of people there!

See you next week!!

Offline Teshinun

• Cabbit
    • http://cg.habitz.net
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2005, 01:53:31 am »
This sounds interesting :)  I just reg'd for Kumoricon so this'd be an interesting way to meet people who will likely be attending Kumoricon.
cg.habitz.net: Love your ASCII.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 03:45:59 pm »
Yeah, I'll be coming to the party (with superjaz and stephanie and such), and if anyone's looking for me, just check out the Songstress Yuna wearing the wrong boots (damn shoestores and only selling SANDALS!)

Anyway...yeah

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2005, 04:02:07 pm »
I know I mentioned this before, but I like to ck again as does anyone coming from portland area that can give a ride?  I posted on ether guild but I haven't had anyone reply.

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2005, 06:30:05 pm »
I might be able to give a ride. My transmission went out on Thursday though and I won't know anything definite until Tues/Wed.

In any case email me if interested. If I can get there I intend to leave early enough to get there at go time, and don't plan on leaving until close to...well, close time lol.

I've never been there before, so I just plan on mapquesting it. And I imagine the posted directions will be helpful.

oh, and if you're under 18 plz get your parents permission. I don't want to piss off or worry any parents. I think I did at the sakuracon. :\
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2005, 07:58:14 pm »
I know I mentioned this before, but I like to ck again as does anyone coming from portland area that can give a ride?  I posted on ether guild but I haven't had anyone reply.

I know we have other people from portland that come... it's too bad they haven't been checking the boards..  :\

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2005, 08:34:25 pm »
I know we have other people from portland that come... it's too bad they haven't been checking the boards..  :\

Yeah, hopefully once we get the new site up and running we can encourage a more active forum.  We could do some mini contests within the forum maybe?  Either way, yeah, we gotta get more people active and posting!!

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2005, 10:01:06 pm »
Car should ready on Wednesday. Turns out there was a piece of metal that had broken off and was getting rolled around. Suprise suprise that caused even more damage. Mechanics paycheck for teh win!  :?
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2005, 11:49:30 am »
watashi no paatii ga ichi ban suki desu!!
from commen luck (a month ago my mom gave me a jacket that i just relized is perfect for my cosplay and last weeken i got almost idencal pair of shoes i needed from a free table at a yard sale)i have all the thinks for a brand new costume for the party and i only need to sew  1 thing and modify one thing !!!
every thing is finalely turning up Milhouse!   :D

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2005, 03:02:55 pm »
Anyone else planning to cosplay?  (maybe we should take pictures.......early in the day, before the sun sets....are there any really scenic areas on the campus that we could have access to?)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2005, 03:57:47 pm »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
Anyone else planning to cosplay?  (maybe we should take pictures.......early in the day, before the sun sets....are there any really scenic areas on the campus that we could have access to?)

There will be a cosplay contest for some fabulous prizes so if you are into cosplay then you should dress up.

There were about 15-20 people cosplaying at the last party (myself included).

As far as any 'scenic' areas, there are some trees, grassy areas, benches, nothing really 'scenic', but hopefully it won't be raining and we can do some outdoor photoshoots.  I know Irnogs wanted to do some of that at the March party.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2005, 06:13:01 pm »
Leslie and I will be cosplaying. :3 She'll be in a Blue Craine pattern Kimono with a Golden yellow Obi, and I'll be a not-green-hair Dejiko. :3 With a stupid ass hat. D: It'snotevenacatit'slikeagoat. Idontlikegoats. -whine-

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2005, 06:49:34 pm »
I may bring my haku cosplay.   but I have to some major detangling of the wig X_X

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2005, 06:53:21 pm »
-glomps- You better Mister!

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2005, 10:20:30 am »
Dude!  *laughs*   I liked your wig from Scon....(I'm gonna be doing a Yuna cosplay myself....except that the shoes are sooo wrong)....

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2005, 02:24:33 pm »
overall, its pretty likely that I will. detangling wig isn't overly hard, just tenious and time cosuming.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2005, 07:59:58 am »
D: It'snotevenacatit'slikeagoat. Idontlikegoats. -whine-

(me to goats r bad)
i'm bring a cake again, actuly it my brother b-day cake, it was my little brothers birthday yesterday it didn't go too well (twos: word burnt bacon) is it posible to bring and light candles on it ?

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2005, 10:41:01 am »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
D: It'snotevenacatit'slikeagoat. Idontlikegoats. -whine-

(me to goats r bad)
i'm bring a cake again, actuly it my brother b-day cake, it was my little brothers birthday yesterday it didn't go too well (twos: word burnt bacon) is it posible to bring and light candles on it ?

Hmm, I'm not really sure on campus policy on that sort of thing (you'd be surprised how anal some of the rules are), but we'll see what we can find out. Just make sure you get a staff member's permission before you light anything!

We had troubles with people lighting fireworks at the March event, and just to give everyone a fair warning: Security will not tolerate that kind of thing this time. Security has mentioned that fireworks are most certainly considered an explosive and anyone that is lighting them on campus will be dealt with in the same manner as they would be were they in possession of any other type of weapon! So PLEASE DON'T BRING THEM!

Thanks!

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2005, 12:10:44 pm »
We got mentioned in the entertainment section of the local paper under the 'BEST BETS' on the first inside page (page 3).

here is a link to the online version for those of you who are curious:

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050512/ENT/505120316

My wife said we are already getting calls asking for info.  This could bring in LOTS of folks.  *grins*

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2005, 02:54:27 pm »
Very cool!

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2005, 06:05:46 pm »
quick question! Can we dl AA at the lanime or do we need to do it before coming? Still leaning towards not lugging the machine down there, but dunno lol.
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2005, 07:01:43 pm »
quick question! Can we dl AA at the lanime or do we need to do it before coming? Still leaning towards not lugging the machine down there, but dunno lol.

you can dl it before if you want, but we'll have install disks there for people to use.

:)

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2005, 03:21:53 pm »
Just to let everyone know: Our site is currently down as we tranfer over to the new host. We expect everything to be up and running at about 5PM today.

Thanks for your patience.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2005, 01:13:58 pm »
I seem to lost contact with my ride so I may not make it.

Offline Kankuro Of Sand

• Cabbit
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2005, 03:18:21 pm »
gotta love salem

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2005, 09:26:20 pm »
My ride was fun.  And we ended up doing like, three U-turns (well, maybe just two), and that parkinglot was confusing!  But the party itself was great!  

Someone post the winners of the contest?  (I had to leave early, because my ride was leaving.)

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2005, 12:10:55 am »

No offense, but your ride isn't into scheduling pickups at the last minute.

Get on the ball next time  :P
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2005, 12:14:04 am »
My ride was fun.  And we ended up doing like, three U-turns (well, maybe just two), and that parkinglot was confusing!  But the party itself was great!  

Someone post the winners of the contest?  (I had to leave early, because my ride was leaving.)

I found the big LANIME  THIS WAY signs helpful lol.

One thing to note is mapquest does not tell you which street to turn off of from lancaster. Fortunately I had the printout from here which does, but I did go past the campus the first time. The campus sign isn't visible when you're coming off I-5 :(

I mentioned this to someone at the lanime, but would it be possible to get dollies for the people bringing PCs? You know, the little hand carts. It would beat lugging the PCs from the car to the room, and you'd only need 1-2.
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2005, 05:26:33 pm »

No offense, but your ride isn't into scheduling pickups at the last minute.

Get on the ball next time  :P

well I didn't realize what day it was until the last minute(normally, I dun need to know what the date is so I'm usually unaware of it).   so its my fault on that, but hopefully next time, we work it out better if I ask you for a ride again.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2005, 08:45:36 pm »
w00t

Great time.  We had 180 people there. nice work.

Next one is JUNE 11th.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2005, 09:53:07 pm »
Quote from: "rarnom"
Next one is JUNE 11th.

oh my...thats 2 days before my birthday.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2005, 09:53:20 am »
oh my...thats 2 days before my birthday.

It is a day after my birthday. :D   We'll have to do some birthday stuff at the party.  I am having a get together at Chuck E Cheese on the 9th just for fun with club members.  should be sweet.

Anonymous

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2005, 11:17:07 am »
oooooo what do you want for you birthday?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2005, 11:18:16 am »
my bad forgot to log in any who

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2005, 08:07:45 pm »
oooooo what do you want for you birthday?

:D

I think it would be awesome to have the LANime party be a big birthday party.  Cake, balloons, and fun!!!

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2005, 08:35:02 pm »
Yeah, I all hope you liked my really crappy, missing pieces, Kaoru cosplay. The hair was fun...

@_@ How old are you turning Eric? Errr... That was rude, huh? -_- Sorry!!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2005, 08:39:11 pm »
hai!!  i was suprised at the rate the food went i wish i had brought more, next time i will bake cookies and other stuff too, what kind of cake do you like?  it rocks that the next party is so soon because i'm leaving for japan around the 20th, (speaking of whens julys party? i just wondering if i'll be back in time i'll be back the 14th

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2005, 09:44:33 pm »
when/where will lan details for Jun 11th be posted?
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2005, 08:43:23 am »
Quote from: "kaoru"
@_@ How old are you turning Eric? Errr... That was rude, huh? -_- Sorry!!

29  :shock:

Quote from: "superjaz3p"
(speaking of whens julys party? i just wondering if i'll be back in time i'll be back the 14th

The parties are always the second Saturday of the month so the July one is on the 9th.  But you can always make the August one...

when/where will lan details for Jun 11th be posted?

Specific event details about the next event should be posted within 7-10 days, but in the meantime here is what I can give:

JUNE LANime party
June 11th
2pm-midnight
Chemeketa Community College Building 34 *EDIT*

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2005, 08:50:29 pm »

I found the big LANIME  THIS WAY signs helpful lol.

One thing to note is mapquest does not tell you which street to turn off of from lancaster. Fortunately I had the printout from here which does, but I did go past the campus the first time. The campus sign isn't visible when you're coming off I-5 :(

I mentioned this to someone at the lanime, but would it be possible to get dollies for the people bringing PCs? You know, the little hand carts. It would beat lugging the PCs from the car to the room, and you'd only need 1-2.

Sorry... I've been busy so I haven't been on these boards for a few days, but I can tell you right now that we plan on having carts available next time. We kinda remembered this time, but at the last minute and media didn't have any available :(

Don't worry.. we'll have that next time.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2005, 11:29:58 am »
So the latest word from Irnogs is that we will be in Building #34 for the June party.  

This will of course change the way everything is set up a bit.

as always visit our forums for the latest:

http://www.thesuperbest.com/phpBB2

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2005, 07:51:22 am »
Hello everyone, I sure hope everybody reads this, even though it'll be on thesuperbest.com's home page soon....

Just to let you know, due to the amount of time that these events requires for planning, set-up, coordinating sponsors, etc, etc... we've decided we just simply don't have the time or manpower to continue running awesome events like May's every month. (It took us about 3 weeks of good solid planning to plan may's event, and we actually started some preparations before the April event.)

Consequently, we are no longer running the LANs monthly! We will start having our events once per term. There is also the possibility that the June event will be cancelled as graduation services are taking place the same day (and I should be graduating... woohoo!), and there's a number of staff that can't be there the whole day.

The next event we are certain we'll be running is in October. We realize there's plenty to keep people busy during the summer (vacations, other SuperBest activities, PDX LAN, Kumoricon), so while we won't be running the LANs, there'll still be plenty for you to do.

Eric will still have meetings at SIP and Borderlands, and we are working on a monthly screening for him at the school. Of course this would be anime/hk films only, no LAN or gaming.