Author Topic: Official Wig Help Thread  (Read 650395 times)

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
Re: Official Wig Help Thread
« Reply #1100 on: August 29, 2012, 04:19:59 pm »
Ok so I got to page 30 and stopped to ask a question. Cuz I can't read any more....
How would you attach not clip on pigtails?
That's my question.
Here's one way: https://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=ponytail+wig#/d2u7v8v
THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!
You're welcome! I hope it works for you!
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline ~LindsaySutcliff~

• Cabbit
« Reply #1101 on: September 27, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »
I have to ask you guys to please check out my DA I do commissions and I need to raise 58$ to buy 2 Crona wigs for me and my sister. I'm really trying to work hard for it but all I have is a dollar! http://shishriandkidforever.deviantart.com/
Another year come and gone ~
See ya'll next year, 4 days!
Be sure to look for me:
Roy Mustang
Soul eater Evans
Winry Rockbell
Death the Kid

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1102 on: October 01, 2012, 05:24:14 pm »
I'm gonna be cosplaying as a Little Sister from Bioshock for Sakuracon and I could really use some help finding a good wig.
Most people just use their own hair buuut my hair is way too short to do that so I must use a wig.
Here's a good reference picture of what their hair looks like.

I have some ideas of what I might get but more help never hurt.

Option 1 is to get this wig from Arda wigs in Dark Brown (056) and also their long clip on ponytail and then cut it. The bad thing about this option is that its gonna end up costing me a pretty penny and I don't know the first thing about cutting a wig.
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/lulu
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/long-pony-clip

Option 2 is to get this wig from Amphigory [whom I've never bought from before] and their clip on pony in #33 Dark Auburn. This is probably the cheaper route and their pony clip is already the perfect length, I'm just worried about the colors of the wig and the ponytail not matching up.
http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_b_cher.html
http://www.amphigory.com/clipon_fy_satine.html

So, have any ideas of better wigs to get or opinions on these ones?

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1103 on: October 17, 2012, 09:41:55 am »
I'm looking for a wig that will work for this character:

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1104 on: October 17, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »

I'd suggest Arda's Jasmine wig: http://arda-wigs.com/products/jasmine It's an upweft wig that you wouldn't need to take apart to make it lay right, nor would you need a ponytail clip. The downside is that their color selection is limited and their wigs usually run a bit large.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1105 on: October 17, 2012, 03:31:14 pm »

I'd suggest Arda's Jasmine wig: http://arda-wigs.com/products/jasmine It's an upweft wig that you wouldn't need to take apart to make it lay right, nor would you need a ponytail clip. The downside is that their color selection is limited and their wigs usually run a bit large.

Thank you for the link.  I believe I will end up using that one.  ^_^

Offline Alli-san

• Oni
« Reply #1106 on: November 07, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »
Ok, I kind of need help with a wig. This year at Kumoricon (which was fabulous, by the way!), I was cosplaying as Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and I thought instead of wearing a wig, I would dye my hair blue. It didn't work. What happened was that my hair was dyed a strange yellow and green combo that was very undesirable. So after Kumoricon, I thought to buy a wig that would go with Sayaka, but when I got the wig, the sides were very uneven and I am very put out with the seller and the seller isn't really helping to resolve the issue. I would like to know if there's anyone on here who knows a wig seller that is a reliable that they have been happy with and won't disappoint. The name of the seller on Ebay is 2010lan19781212.

Anyway, I would deeply appreciate it if anyone had feedback for me. :)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1107 on: November 08, 2012, 06:43:21 pm »
Ok, I kind of need help with a wig. This year at Kumoricon (which was fabulous, by the way!), I was cosplaying as Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and I thought instead of wearing a wig, I would dye my hair blue. It didn't work. What happened was that my hair was dyed a strange yellow and green combo that was very undesirable. So after Kumoricon, I thought to buy a wig that would go with Sayaka, but when I got the wig, the sides were very uneven and I am very put out with the seller and the seller isn't really helping to resolve the issue. I would like to know if there's anyone on here who knows a wig seller that is a reliable that they have been happy with and won't disappoint. The name of the seller on Ebay is 2010lan19781212.

Anyway, I would deeply appreciate it if anyone had feedback for me. :)

The only places I've ever ordered wigs from are WigFashion on eBay and Arda Wigs. Arda Wigs has high quality wigs but they're kind of expensive and WigFashion has pretty good wigs for fairly cheap and no shipping costs.
http://stores.ebay.com/Wig-Fashion
http://arda-wigs.com/

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1108 on: November 09, 2012, 08:08:19 am »
I've also used wigfeaver and arda. I have had good results from both. What kind of wig are you looking for? Do you have a refrence picture? If you live in the Portland area there are a few wig shops here. There is one in Tigard off Hall and 99W by Joanns and there is one in down town portland by Lloyd. Both of them have more normal color wigs but they do have some colored ones. The one by Lloyd also gives a discound if you mention Kumoricon and they are kinda cheap (Like 25+ )

Offline Alli-san

• Oni
« Reply #1109 on: November 16, 2012, 01:50:18 am »
Thank you both for your advice!

I like the idea of going local, and buying a wig there. As for a reference picture, here is one: http://images.puella-magi.net/a/a1/BLT_Sayaka_Illustration.jpg?20110706032125

But I may also do another cosplay, because of the bad luck I've had with this one.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1110 on: November 16, 2012, 08:13:06 am »
You might be able to get a wig like that at wigland in Portland. They are limited in their colors but they would have that cut I'm sure.

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1111 on: November 16, 2012, 05:23:46 pm »
So for Kumoricon 2013 I'm going to need a dark pinkish color long wig for Revy, as well as a purple wig for Blair. The Blair one I can just get a purple wig and style it, but the Revy one might be kind of difficult, because that color does not seem to exist. So I'll either have to buy a custom one that's really expensive (which is out of the question cause I'm poor), dye one (which I'm not sure would work or how I'd do that), or use a dark brown one (which would be inaccurate. So if anyone would have any suggestions as to where I could find a decently priced wig for Revy, how I could dye a wig, or other options for what I could do aside from using my own hair, which would not work because it wouldn't grow out in time, that'd be great!

Edit: I'm just going to switch my cosplay plans.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:44:50 pm by mesaverde »
Kumoricon 2014 tentative lineup:
Day 1: Yumichika Ayasegawa (Bleach)
Day 2: Flamenco Jolteon (Pokemon)
Day 3: Fujisake Yuusuke/Bossun (Sket Dance)
Day 4: Superbi Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Offline PaigeLoe

• Cabbit
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1112 on: November 18, 2012, 12:44:45 pm »
ALRIGHTY! I am having wig trouble... I recently got my Crona wig in the mail. I purchased it off ebay for $16, thinking that I could save on money and time with a pre-styled wig. I knew that it wouldn't be like the Arda wigs I have purchased in the past, but I wanted indulge my curiosity.

Here are my problems with the wig:
1.) It's more purply than his pink/lavender shade,
2.) I can see some of the skin top's white lacing.

Here are my ideas to fix these problems:
1.) Do a little sharpie dye treatment to get some pinky color in it
2.) Hopefully the dye will fix some of the white lacing showing through.
But if that is not enough, I could color straight onto the lacing with a matching color sharpie.

I wanted to get some more experienced wig-workers' opinions on this. I need to know if I should just return this one and buy the nicer wig from Arda, and cut/style it myself, which I am willing to do. If I can salvage this one that I have it would put my coin purse at ease though. Your thoughtful suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you ;D
Second Year-KCon13 Confirmed Cosplay: Crona Gorgon ,Kotoko AND Arrietty. Newcon12: Raven. Summer Cospaly: Ikki.

First Year-KCon12 : Haruhi Fujioka, Ryoga Hibiki

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1113 on: November 22, 2012, 12:08:03 pm »
ALRIGHTY! I am having wig trouble... I recently got my Crona wig in the mail. I purchased it off ebay for $16, thinking that I could save on money and time with a pre-styled wig. I knew that it wouldn't be like the Arda wigs I have purchased in the past, but I wanted indulge my curiosity.

But if that is not enough, I could color straight onto the lacing with a matching color sharpie.

I wanted to get some more experienced wig-workers' opinions on this. I need to know if I should just return this one and buy the nicer wig from Arda, and cut/style it myself, which I am willing to do. If I can salvage this one that I have it would put my coin purse at ease though. Your thoughtful suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you ;D

Welp, seeing as you can't make a darker wig lighter, I would say get a new one..I would need to see the exact colors (both what you have AND what you need) but it sounds like you want a lighter color which is impossible

Offline Rika-chan

• Oni
« Reply #1114 on: December 27, 2012, 04:17:37 pm »
I need help finding a good Misa Amane wig. Does anyone know where I can find one?
Cosplays for 2013:
Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
Kakashi (Naruto) - Maybe
Sasuke (Naruto) - Maybe
Sasori (Naruto)

And maybe more...
In case you haven't noticed, I'm indecisive :P

Offline Niques93

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #1115 on: December 29, 2012, 11:16:14 am »
Hey so I am still looking for help on this http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2217/16426/i_sumomo01-l.jpg I have a white wig I need to dye and style, do you guys have any tips on either XD

Offline PaigeLoe

• Cabbit
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1116 on: January 10, 2013, 03:20:51 pm »

Welp, seeing as you can't make a darker wig lighter, I would say get a new one..I would need to see the exact colors (both what you have AND what you need) but it sounds like you want a lighter color which is impossible

Thank you, pretty much right after I posted this I ordered a better wig. I learned my lesson: Cheap is CHEAP.
Second Year-KCon13 Confirmed Cosplay: Crona Gorgon ,Kotoko AND Arrietty. Newcon12: Raven. Summer Cospaly: Ikki.

First Year-KCon12 : Haruhi Fujioka, Ryoga Hibiki

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #1117 on: February 01, 2013, 10:08:14 pm »
Okies, so i know this is the wig help thread, but i really just need the help lol i need a wig head stand thing. Does anyone have one they arent using?

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1118 on: February 03, 2013, 03:22:03 pm »
Hey guys! I was wondering if you have any tips for curling or something that will get my wig too look a bit more like jane!

Heres the wig from 3 different angles.  And i need to get her to look more like this

And see I'm having a bit of a problem coming up with ideas for all the curves and floops. I'd really love some tips and help on this

(sorry i had to repost, my pics of the wig didn't come up for some reason
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:24:41 pm by prussia »

Offline HoshiMegamiNoMiko

• Cabbit
    • the-empress-celes
« Reply #1119 on: February 10, 2013, 04:08:09 am »
I'm still wondering if I can use regular hair shampoo and conditioner to wash my wigs, but I heard there's a chance that the wig might go bad if you use regular shampoo. Does the same go for using regular conditioner?

Badge name: Celes Zalphumia

Offline Notclose2perfect

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My teenage blog
« Reply #1120 on: February 16, 2013, 02:02:22 pm »
I have my pink wig and its great but the back of it I never seem to put it on right. Can I get help?
Kumoricon 2013 Cosplay: Sakura Haruno- 80% done, I need the headband and shoes...

Harley Quinn- 100% Done!

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1121 on: March 11, 2013, 12:16:12 am »
I'm still wondering if I can use regular hair shampoo and conditioner to wash my wigs, but I heard there's a chance that the wig might go bad if you use regular shampoo. Does the same go for using regular conditioner?

Yes It is okay I've been styling and treating wigs for years, I would not recooment useing  a cheep shampoo like Swave or VO8, It is best when washing your wigs you use warmish cold water and was the inside of the cap and the fibers well and then rense and add conshioner and wash it out rat the wig with a towel that way it not dripping and place it on a wig head and let it dry make sure your brush and comb the wig, and i would say wash your wigs ever couple months if you display them that way you can wash away dust and sweat off them really wash your wigs after cons becuse you sweat it can cause you wig to smell if you dont

I have my pink wig and its great but the back of it I never seem to put it on right. Can I get help?

How do you put on your wig and are the ajustable thing in the back to tight?

Hey guys! I was wondering if you have any tips for curling or something that will get my wig too look a bit more like jane!

Heres the wig from 3 different angles.  And i need to get her to look more like this

And see I'm having a bit of a problem coming up with ideas for all the curves and floops. I'd really love some tips and help on this

(sorry i had to repost, my pics of the wig didn't come up for some reason

Best way i would say is get some hair wax not gel gel can make the wig hard and can ashally damage or brake the fibers, place the wax in desires ares then take a tooth comb and hold the hair in place and move the comb up and down to kinda frizz it alittle and then ajust and use alittle hairspray

and if you guys have any more questions that you want awncer feel free to hit me up on my facebook group I help with wigs and finding wigs for people all the time even talk about wig care for begginers
http://www.facebook.com/groups/285523044899064/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:25:52 am by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline Notclose2perfect

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My teenage blog
« Reply #1122 on: March 11, 2013, 11:54:46 pm »
I put my wig on when my hair is up, which is not that long but I can't seem to not have a bump no matter what shape the buns in. I place my wig over my head I guess back first then I adjust the front.. It looks better when I cover my wig with a hat but I am going as Sakura so I want to only have a headband not a hat on....

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplay: Sakura Haruno- 80% done, I need the headband and shoes...

Harley Quinn- 100% Done!

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1123 on: March 13, 2013, 10:44:17 pm »
Soo...

My Hatsune Miku Alluring Secret: Black Vow wig recently came in...And it's not completely styled. The difficult stuff is done. I just....Yeah. I'm pretty dumb with wigs and hair in general. I don't have a camera with me right now, but here is the product I've bought:

click

Now...The things that are styled. See that pretty little braid? Well, it's hanging down at the moment on my wig. I think it would be easy enough to make it stay up there, but how do I do that without a bobbypin or something being scene? Now, the second issue, which is more difficult. That bun at the bottom...That's not attached either. I'm not sure how to keep that up; I've tried with bobbypins but...I can't D: I'm scared to mess with it too much, cause I think I'll probably ruin it...

Do any of you have suggestions? Or is there somebody nearby that could do it for me, like a wig shop or something? I think a mall around here (can't remember which) has a wig store where it looked like they had some more...Anime-ish wigs? xD What should I do guys? ;A;

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1124 on: March 14, 2013, 03:52:31 pm »
Soo...

My Hatsune Miku Alluring Secret: Black Vow wig recently came in...And it's not completely styled. The difficult stuff is done. I just....Yeah. I'm pretty dumb with wigs and hair in general. I don't have a camera with me right now, but here is the product I've bought:

click

Now...The things that are styled. See that pretty little braid? Well, it's hanging down at the moment on my wig. I think it would be easy enough to make it stay up there, but how do I do that without a bobbypin or something being scene? Now, the second issue, which is more difficult. That bun at the bottom...That's not attached either. I'm not sure how to keep that up; I've tried with bobbypins but...I can't D: I'm scared to mess with it too much, cause I think I'll probably ruin it...

Do any of you have suggestions? Or is there somebody nearby that could do it for me, like a wig shop or something? I think a mall around here (can't remember which) has a wig store where it looked like they had some more...Anime-ish wigs? xD What should I do guys? ;A;

if you like we can take a day and i can help you style it i had my wig that that for a long time but i would get some spray paint that matches and spray paint the bobbie pin so their simplar color and will hide better

@Notclose2perfect
I wouldnt put your hair in a bun you should do two pigtails and then clip them up with hairclips

Offline Dark Moon

• Cabbit
« Reply #1125 on: March 29, 2013, 11:46:30 pm »
Does anyone know how are where i can find a place to buy her hair already styled or have any tips?

June from Avatar the last airbender.
thanks so much

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1126 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:53 am »
Ifnding styled wigs are kinda hard becuse they end up looking really bad/ her hair is very simple to do as well a youtube tatoural can help you

Offline Dark Moon

• Cabbit
« Reply #1127 on: April 03, 2013, 11:24:15 am »
Thank you so much

Offline Myflyingboat

• Cabbit
« Reply #1128 on: April 30, 2013, 11:44:45 am »
I am thinking of going as Neko Yoko for a few days, and I was wondering which of the many wigs would be the best to get? I don't have too much money to spend (like most of us) so which ones should conciser getting?
Just a cute little neko trying to find a warm lap to curl up on. >^.^<

Kumoricon 2013
All of the days: Belle from Beauty and the Beast with group of Disney Princesses

Offline Dark Moon

• Cabbit
« Reply #1129 on: May 02, 2013, 09:40:29 am »
I am thinking of going as Neko Yoko for a few days, and I was wondering which of the many wigs would be the best to get? I don't have too much money to spend (like most of us) so which ones should conciser getting?

What anime is this from?
How much do you want to spend?

Offline Dark Moon

• Cabbit
« Reply #1130 on: May 02, 2013, 09:56:15 am »

What anime is this from?
How much do you want to spend?

Sorry, if she has red hair, then I know her...

Here are some links

http://www.amazon.com/Ruler-100cm-Gurrenlagann-yoko-Cosplay-Ponytail/dp/B00BJGUX0G/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367513573&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Neko+Yoko+wig

http://www.amazon.com/L-email-Tengen-Ponytail-Cosplay-C39/dp/B008BGN2A0/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367513573&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Neko+Yoko+wig

Here are two from amazon

I hope that this works for you let me know if you have other ideas, I'd like to see them

Offline Spifferiffic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1131 on: May 04, 2013, 11:22:50 pm »
One of my cosplays this year is going to be Cheerilee from MLP. I have a pink wig to which I plan to add some stripes of lighter pink. I have looked at a tutorial for adding extension pieces to a base wig and am pretty sure I get how to do that, but the base wig has a circle of fake scalp at the crown.

My question is, will it look terrible if the secondary color starts at the first weft past the fake scalp? (If no one is looking directly at the top of my head it ought to be okay, right?)

Should I not even bother trying to add to the wig? Alternatively, is there a way to lighten only a portion of a wig?

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1132 on: May 05, 2013, 01:05:50 am »
One of my cosplays this year is going to be Cheerilee from MLP. I have a pink wig to which I plan to add some stripes of lighter pink. I have looked at a tutorial for adding extension pieces to a base wig and am pretty sure I get how to do that, but the base wig has a circle of fake scalp at the crown.

My question is, will it look terrible if the secondary color starts at the first weft past the fake scalp? (If no one is looking directly at the top of my head it ought to be okay, right?)

Should I not even bother trying to add to the wig? Alternatively, is there a way to lighten only a portion of a wig?
One thing you could do to get the secondary color's placement right is to sew right through the scalp portion. You'll need to use a thicker needle to do it, but it can be done.

Onto the second problem, there is no way to lighten a wig because it's made of plastic.

Offline Spifferiffic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1133 on: May 05, 2013, 07:49:42 am »

One thing you could do to get the secondary color's placement right is to sew right through the scalp portion. You'll need to use a thicker needle to do it, but it can be done.

Onto the second problem, there is no way to lighten a wig because it's made of plastic.

It'll probably be more difficult to find the wefts under the fake scalp piece, but I could give it a shot, I suppose...

Thanks!

Offline Shenanigans

• Oni
« Reply #1134 on: June 28, 2013, 09:38:46 am »
Took a hard look through all 24 "pages" of the topic. Definitely a lot of take aways in this. This is my first time cosplaying and going to attempt the wig route. Thank you all for your experiences both the successes and fails. I've  favorited and sorted many of the tutorials and tips listed. Know that you've helped the new guy such as my self greatly in the wig department. Here.... goes... nothing :D I'll be sure to hit this section again if I run into any troubles. ;D
Kumoricon 2013 Cosplay Plan

Day 1: Just plain me
Day 2: Brock (1st GEN of Pokemon)
Day 3: UNK

Offline ldkstar

• Director of Infrastructure
  • Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #1135 on: July 09, 2013, 05:05:01 pm »
Any good Raikage wigs. I am really mad that I cut my hair now, because when I went to sakuracon my hair was long enough to braid, and I just realized I could have braided and painted it for the costume. Anyway if you know of a good wig, or how to make one, let me know.

Thanks
2015-: Yojimbo Office Coordinator
2016-: Facilities Liaison

Offline Niques93

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #1136 on: July 21, 2013, 12:29:17 pm »
Hey so I am still looking for help on this http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2217/16426/i_sumomo01-l.jpg I have a white wig I need to dye and style, do you guys have any tips on either XD

does anyone have any tips in styling? I figured out how to dye.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1137 on: August 15, 2013, 12:29:46 pm »
So, my wife is having some wig trouble. The wig she bought looks fine for her character (Quistis from FFVIII), but the way it needs to be pulled back in a ponytail exposes the wig's netting. The wig just ends up looking thin with the netting showing through on the sides and top. Does anyone have any remedies for this? The wig is non-returnable, so she'd hate to have wasted her money on a potentially useless wig.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1138 on: August 15, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »
So, my wife is having some wig trouble. The wig she bought looks fine for her character (Quistis from FFVIII), but the way it needs to be pulled back in a ponytail exposes the wig's netting. The wig just ends up looking thin with the netting showing through on the sides and top. Does anyone have any remedies for this? The wig is non-returnable, so she'd hate to have wasted her money on a potentially useless wig.

Yep, weft it more..That's literally the ONLY option. You have to buy more wefts and weft them in upside down. You shoulda bought a ponytail wig. NO normal wig is meant to be put up.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1139 on: August 15, 2013, 12:37:40 pm »
Really? Wow. That's news to me. Thanks for the help!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1140 on: August 15, 2013, 12:42:12 pm »
Really? Wow. That's news to me. Thanks for the help!

Yea, sorry..I know it sucks, but if you can't do either, you're SOL

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
    • My no-frills SAO/fanfic/language-geek page
« Reply #1141 on: August 18, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »
I'm trying to find one or both of two wigs before con:

Tseng from FF7/Advent Children
Touma Kamijou from To Aru Majutsu no Index

I could probably do Tseng with my natural hair, but I'd have to dye it black and straighten it and I don't want to do that.

Been looking everywhere and none of my searches are turning up anything. Help from anyone with experience sourcing wigs would be welcome. I could try styling one with good instructions, but I've never done it before.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1142 on: August 18, 2013, 11:04:02 pm »
I'm trying to find one or both of two wigs before con:

Tseng from FF7/Advent Children
Touma Kamijou from To Aru Majutsu no Index

I could probably do Tseng with my natural hair, but I'd have to dye it black and straighten it and I don't want to do that.

Been looking everywhere and none of my searches are turning up anything. Help from anyone with experience sourcing wigs would be welcome. I could try styling one with good instructions, but I've never done it before.

For both you are gonna have to go arda or epic cosplay and buy ASAP (literally, they will both be a good week, and those are the FASTEST!!)
Tseng:
http://arda-wigs.com/products/the-dude
In black. That's the BEST wig.

I don't know the other character..

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
    • My no-frills SAO/fanfic/language-geek page
« Reply #1143 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:39 am »
https://www.google.com/search?q=touma+kamijou&tbm=isch&biw=1280&bih=612&sei=wD8SUq_cEqG9jALPj4GoCQ

I'm at peace with the likelihood that I'm screwed, as that + shipping/tax is a bit more than I wanted to pay for a wig for a spur-of-the-moment idea, but I figured it was worth a shot. Worst case I can try to style my natural hair for Tseng.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1144 on: August 19, 2013, 10:08:53 am »
Yea the problem with him is that his hair slicks back, and you can't do that unless it's a lace front, or specifically made to so that, both of which will cost you

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1145 on: August 19, 2013, 12:00:08 pm »
Hey so I just brought a shoulder length silver wig and I am looking for suggestions on how to style it like Maria Kurenai from Vampire Knight. I know I have to cut the bangs and the sides a bit but all suggestions are helpful. If you have any suggestions that would be great especially how to do her side bun.

http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/dogcrazy13/library/Wig

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #1146 on: August 19, 2013, 05:18:02 pm »
Hm. So, I have a wig that is similar, if not the same, to the following link: http://arda-wigs.com/products/ferrari
My question is, how would I go about making it super fluffy?
Like, if possible, this fluffy?

Any advice would be appreciated! Please and thank you!
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1147 on: August 19, 2013, 06:03:34 pm »
You'd probably want to look into a heat resistant wig and curls and waves.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #1148 on: October 10, 2013, 08:53:36 pm »

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #1149 on: October 26, 2013, 08:56:22 am »
I have some experiance buying and wearing wigs, so maybe I can help someone out with a few of these tips.
(and I plan on styling a wig - tucking hair up into a bun - this year, so I might add tips for that later!)

-Wig Source-

However, I just found a wig website that sells gorgeous wigs - for any style, length and color - but they're a bit pricier.
http://wigsecret.com/
I originally found them through a listing on Ebay and I paid them with a check (because Ebay isn't taking gift cards anymore, boo).
If you go onto Ebay or their website, be sure to e-mail them that you would like that wig; and when you want to pay for it, you should send them a printed picture/description of the wig so they can give you exactly what you're paying for.

-Tips-

-Buying: The easiest and cheapest way to find and buy a wig - the one that is perfect for your cosplay - is to go through Ebay.
However, I strongly recommend that you keep a list (on your favorites, or your wishlist if you have an Ebay account) and keep track of all the wigs that look like the one you need; then, you'll need to narrow down your search: the right style/color/length and price. I say this because it's better to exercise patience to find a good wig than to quickly buy a wig that looks cheap and awful. And if you want to be extra careful, you can check each seller's record for positive reviews before buying.
You'll have to use Paypal to pay for your wig, since Ebay no longer gives gift cards to your retailers in town. However, you can ask the seller if you can send them a check if, you're like me, don't want to use Paypal.

-Storage: A lot of the wigs I buy come wrapped in a hair net and a plastic bag or a box. And, I strongly recommend that when you're not using them you should store them in those nets so they keep their shape, and store them in their respective bags/boxes so they stay crisp and clean. I know that some of you like to display your wigs on mannequin heads, and it's probably fine, but please don't leave them out in the open where they can be knocked over, trampled on or get things spilled on them.

-Wearing: Most people wear hair nets before putting their wigs on but I personally hate nets with a passion because they're so easy to rip or get bunched up. I have long hair, so I prefer to tie it into a braid and then wind it up into a bun at the top of my head (and clip my bangs to the sides of my head with bobby pins) before putting the wig on. Gotta make sure the wig is settled and not sitting on top or it'll slide!

-Styling: Most wig enthusiasts say that you shouldn't get your wigs wet because it'll ruin the style, make it sloppy/saggy; in which case you'll need to go through lengths to carefully dry it out and style it over again (I'm sure there's videos on Youtube for drying!).
I agree with this point because I have one short wig that I use for only one cosplay, and I use a comb and hairspray to get it just the way I want every time I put it on. Because of using hairspray, the tips are most likely permanently stuck as sharp points (which is fine, that's how it's supposed to look). If you don't have the know-how to style wigs, you might want to buy a wig for each of your cosplays so you don't need to worry about ruining the styles.

These are a few that I can remember at the top of my head; if I remember or learn of anything else I'll be sure to post more. ^^;

-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!