Author Topic: Official Wig Help Thread  (Read 650406 times)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
Re: Official Wig Help Thread
« Reply #1050 on: March 18, 2012, 09:38:20 am »
-Wrong thread :x- Ignore.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:39:28 am by Teddy_Bearxx »

Offline LuthienEriol

• Oni
« Reply #1051 on: April 02, 2012, 07:30:30 pm »
Anyone have any tips for a Skyloft Zelda wig? I have the base, but I don't really know how to style it and everything. :\

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1052 on: April 02, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »
if you need help styleing I can easly do that for you if you live in the hillsboro portland area ^^

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #1054 on: April 09, 2012, 02:26:48 pm »
The firs and third ones are my favorite. I really want that first one now lol even though I don't do wigs. They make my head hurt, and with high blood pressure and tension headaches all the time, that's not a good thing.

But id get the first or third one if I were you.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1055 on: April 09, 2012, 02:27:34 pm »
The third one, it's cheaper xD

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #1056 on: April 09, 2012, 03:33:19 pm »
So I guess I'm being forced by my Kyoya to be Renge this year from Ouran. So I need help picking the wig. I have two that i like but I'm not sure which one looks better.

Reference Picture:

Wig one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320716054948?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wig two:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200732079993?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1057 on: April 09, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »
Second matches her hair color better, but if you want the bangs, the first, unless you're willing to take the wig in to get a small trim.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1058 on: April 09, 2012, 09:47:28 pm »
I need a wig like what is in the picture but I can't buy it on Amazon or ebay because I need by Thursday, so if anyone knows any stores in the Portland-Hillsboro area that sells wigs (without having to make any appointments) that'd be so helpful.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:48:29 pm by 4evaRyuk »
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1059 on: April 09, 2012, 09:54:23 pm »
There's one over on Allen in Beaverton, but I can't remember the name. They should be able to hook you up with a nice short blonde wig like that though. Should be in the phone book.

I'm looking for a shoulderlength green wig with a larger head area. My Ghetsis wig doesn't fit over my hair and keeps shifting because of it. I got mine online and would prefer for its replacement to be in the area so I can try it on before buying it.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #1060 on: April 10, 2012, 08:18:52 am »
Second matches her hair color better, but if you want the bangs, the first, unless you're willing to take the wig in to get a small trim.

Well Luckily the one thing i can cut&style is bangs. ^^ And yeah I think I'll go with the second one.

Offline Vysh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1061 on: April 10, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »
Has anyone used the ebay shop WigFever?
http://myworld.ebay.com/wigfever/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
I've been searching for the right burgendy long wig for a while and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their quality
Thanks.
I was a Prinny and Ryouga Hibiki for K-con 2011, got any pictures? I'd love to see them

Offline LittleBaileyKO

• Oni
« Reply #1062 on: April 23, 2012, 02:09:01 pm »
Does anyone know anything about cosplay1st.com? They have a code geass C.C. wig I am interested in but I have yet to find information on them. If not any suggestions on where I can find a quality pre-cut C.C. wig?

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1063 on: April 23, 2012, 03:00:46 pm »
Has anyone used the ebay shop WigFever?
http://myworld.ebay.com/wigfever/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
I've been searching for the right burgendy long wig for a while and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their quality
Thanks.

I purchased from them once, and I loved it. It was my Hinata wig from last year, the only thing is how tangled they CAN get. Just brush it every so often:)

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #1064 on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:51 pm »
There's one over on Allen in Beaverton, but I can't remember the name. They should be able to hook you up with a nice short blonde wig like that though. Should be in the phone book.

I'm looking for a shoulderlength green wig with a larger head area. My Ghetsis wig doesn't fit over my hair and keeps shifting because of it. I got mine online and would prefer for its replacement to be in the area so I can try it on before buying it.

I'd suggest looking at Arda wigs if you haven't already.  Their wigs tend to be a little bigger for those of us with larger heads.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Vysh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1065 on: April 23, 2012, 06:14:29 pm »

I purchased from them once, and I loved it. It was my Hinata wig from last year, the only thing is how tangled they CAN get. Just brush it every so often:)
Awesome thank you~
I was a Prinny and Ryouga Hibiki for K-con 2011, got any pictures? I'd love to see them

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1066 on: May 01, 2012, 07:19:55 pm »
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:20:30 pm by Kumi4eva »
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #1067 on: May 02, 2012, 06:30:18 pm »
dear everyone: Arda makes **** wigs that tangle when you look at them and are bad. Don't buy them.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1068 on: May 02, 2012, 08:05:37 pm »
dear everyone: Arda makes **** wigs that tangle when you look at them and are bad. Don't buy them.
Was it one wig that you were having trouble with or was it multiple times that it happened to you or other people?
If it was one bad experience, I wouldn't let it spoil the whole shop. If other people have had problems with the same wig or the other wigs, then I would take that claim seriously.
They have instructions on if the wig tangles and how to keep it from doing so.

Other people say that the wigs tangle too, I think I'm still going to order one and see how it fairs.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:31:39 pm by Kumi4eva »
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1069 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »
So I have been trying to decide on whether I should buy a wig or not ... seeing as how i have absolutely no talent in styling hair ... or i was just going to dye my hair i am cosplaying as len kagamine i have the length of hair needed if i dye it but what do you think would be the better option
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1070 on: May 28, 2012, 05:50:26 pm »
I'm trying to find a wig for an Astrid Peth cosplay. She is from Doctor Who. This video provides a lot of different views of her hair but does contain SPOILERS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyPjtf1tG2s

Can anyone help me find a wig to buy online?

(I don't mind using rit to change the color and minor styling)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1071 on: May 28, 2012, 05:59:47 pm »
I'm trying to find a wig for an Astrid Peth cosplay. She is from Doctor Who. This video provides a lot of different views of her hair but does contain SPOILERS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyPjtf1tG2s

Can anyone help me find a wig to buy online?

(I don't mind using rit to change the color and minor styling)

all you have to do is get this one cut to the right length, go to a Hair Masters, or Great Look :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Short-Light-Blond-Wig-w-Soft-Curls-and-Bangs-Misty-/290444697453?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&var=&hash=item439fda5f6d

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1072 on: May 29, 2012, 10:08:24 pm »
I don't think I would be able to pull the hair up in the back for that style.  She has her hair pulled up in the back.  Only the the front of her hair is close as wavy as that wig.  Someone suggested this one on another site:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Short-25-30CM-Kagamine-len-Gloden-cosplay-Wig-ML08-/270934349310?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item3f14f215fe

I could make it frizz out a bit, style it to give it waves and trim it a bit.  (Not necessarily in that order)  What do you think?  Here's a good view in the video of what I'm talking about her hair in the back:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GyPjtf1tG2s#t=147s
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:31:58 pm by princess_of_zeal »

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1073 on: May 30, 2012, 07:19:10 am »
Both links are of the wig

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1074 on: May 30, 2012, 02:32:23 pm »
Ooopps...you're right.  Fixed.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1076 on: May 30, 2012, 03:50:05 pm »
Oils the second one better, but looks to fake for me.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1077 on: May 31, 2012, 04:10:42 am »
Agreed but it's closer to the style.  Now if I could find the style and quality in one.  This has been the problem I've been running into.  I've found higher quality wigs but ones that can't be changed to look enough like the hair style or ones that are accurate but cheap/fake looking.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #1078 on: May 31, 2012, 09:47:24 pm »
Try looking at 'historical' wig sellers.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1079 on: June 01, 2012, 05:21:19 am »
This one with adjustment:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220976152307

Cut and curl the bangs in a wig friendly way (asking the seller for details on if it's heat resistant or not) and other minor adjustments.  What do you guys think?  Am I getting closer?  Lol.

Offline Niques93

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #1080 on: July 12, 2012, 09:18:44 am »
hello, I am planning on doing a sumomo cosplay this next year from chobits. I am having a hard time on figuring out what to do about her hair. for those who don't know who I am talking about http://cosplayisland.com/files/costumes/2217/16426/i_sumomo01-l.jpg I figured I would get a short wig for the base then extensions to attach to the inside of the hat. the only problem after that is the color, I have been looking but can't find any wigs the right color do you guys have any ideas?

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1081 on: July 15, 2012, 12:34:18 am »
OK, so this is actually for my sister's wig.  My little sister is going to be cosplaying as Len, and she already bought the wig.  But the ponytail is so heavy that the wig keeps sliding back on her head!  Does anyone know some way to make it stay in place?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:35:15 am by Kdskc »
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #1082 on: July 15, 2012, 07:36:15 pm »
If the wig has adjustable straps, tighten it. Make it fit snugly on her head. Also, more bobby pins.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1083 on: July 15, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »
Definitely bobby pin the hell out of it.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1084 on: July 15, 2012, 10:58:09 pm »
Definitely bobby pin the hell out of it.
If the wig has adjustable straps, tighten it. Make it fit snugly on her head. Also, more bobby pins.
Thank you! :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:58:34 pm by Kdskc »
Shion - No. 6

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1085 on: July 21, 2012, 02:43:06 pm »
uhm. hey guys.

i'm gonna be cosplaying fionna the human this year, and i made my hat fit tight. like, there is not a millimeter of room between my head and the hat.

so i need a wig that's short, but still has the bang thing. would my best bet be to buy a wig based on the front bangs and cut the back, or just try to shove the entirety of a long wig under the hat?

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #1086 on: July 21, 2012, 11:29:52 pm »
uhm. hey guys.

i'm gonna be cosplaying fionna the human this year, and i made my hat fit tight. like, there is not a millimeter of room between my head and the hat.

so i need a wig that's short, but still has the bang thing. would my best bet be to buy a wig based on the front bangs and cut the back, or just try to shove the entirety of a long wig under the hat?
If you're just going to wear it under your hat, I'd get a Blue Steele from Arda in whatever shade of blonde you prefer, as it has the really short back but the long bangs Fionna does. c:
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1087 on: July 22, 2012, 03:57:38 pm »
uhm. hey guys.

If you're just going to wear it under your hat, I'd get a Blue Steele from Arda in whatever shade of blonde you prefer, as it has the really short back but the long bangs Fionna does. c:
word! this is really helpful. thanks a bunch.

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1088 on: July 26, 2012, 05:50:10 pm »
Hiya I had a question, and I couldn't seem to find an answer to it through google.
See I found this perfect wig for someone I cosplay--right cut and everything (and I am completely unskilled and un-confident about cutting and styling my own wig at this time; I want to maybe go to some panels and learn a few tricks first) but the problem?  It's brown when it needs to be black--or at least a darker brown.  So I was wondering if it's possible to dye a brown wig to black at all?
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #1089 on: July 27, 2012, 09:29:35 pm »
kappa roll, i dunno if you've already purchased your wig but arda also sells bang clips (listed under accessories on their site) which you could just attach to your natural hair under the edge of the hat.

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #1090 on: July 28, 2012, 07:22:01 am »
Can anyone help me by styling my code geass wig. I tried but it is to long for me to handle it without messing it up too much.
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1091 on: July 28, 2012, 08:44:45 am »
Hiya I had a question, and I couldn't seem to find an answer to it through google.
See I found this perfect wig for someone I cosplay--right cut and everything (and I am completely unskilled and un-confident about cutting and styling my own wig at this time; I want to maybe go to some panels and learn a few tricks first) but the problem?  It's brown when it needs to be black--or at least a darker brown.  So I was wondering if it's possible to dye a brown wig to black at all?

it's actually possible, and fairly simple to dye wigs with sharpies.

tutorial here.

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1092 on: August 05, 2012, 09:40:44 pm »
Anyone know a good wig site to buy cheap wig. I am looking to buy a white bob or shoulder length wig to complete my absol cosplay. I really wanna find a wig that i can buy under $30 including tax and shipping costs. Any suggestions?

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1093 on: August 07, 2012, 06:33:10 pm »
look for Jcpunky on ebay she cheep and nice quality

Offline venicekind

• Cabbit
    • My Anime List
« Reply #1094 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:20 pm »
So does anyone know of a way to get tangles out of a wig? I went to the goodwill and bought a really cheap wig. I was able to flatten most of the frizz down but there is still a ton of tangles! I've tried to brush it but I'm afraid I'll end up brushing all of the hair out of the wig.

Offline Dark Moon

• Cabbit
« Reply #1095 on: August 29, 2012, 12:13:25 am »
Ok so I got to page 30 and stopped to ask a question. Cuz I can't read any more....
How would you attach not clip on pigtails?
That's my question.

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1096 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:17 am »
Ok so I got to page 30 and stopped to ask a question. Cuz I can't read any more....
That's my question.
Here's one way: https://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=ponytail+wig#/d2u7v8v
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1097 on: August 29, 2012, 11:27:35 am »
So does anyone know of a way to get tangles out of a wig? I went to the goodwill and bought a really cheap wig. I was able to flatten most of the frizz down but there is still a ton of tangles! I've tried to brush it but I'm afraid I'll end up brushing all of the hair out of the wig.

I had to untangle my Miku wig, which was a mess (super tangled ponytails down to my knees! D: ) What I did was make a mix of one part fabric softener with 4 parts water and put it in a spray bottle.  I started from the bottom of the wig and, using a wide toothed comb, started combing out the tangles. Make sure to hold tightly onto the hair above where you are combing so that you don't put too much stress on the wefts and pull all the hair out. If a tangle was too much to just comb out, I spritzed it once or twice with the water/fabric softener solution I made earlier and combed it again. When I was completely done and all the tangles were gone, the wig was a little frizzy, so I straightened it on a very LOW heat.  Don't straighten it on a high heat, because you could melt your wig if it is made of synthetic hair. And that would suck. D:  Idk how long or unruly your wig is, but this method worked really well for me and I had all the stuff I needed at home!

Oh! And don't worry about hair coming out of the wig.  That just happens. :/

Good luck! :D
Shion - No. 6

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1098 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:21 pm »
i found that washing and then combing then useing a strightner if its heat resistiant helps

Offline Dark Moon

• Cabbit
« Reply #1099 on: August 29, 2012, 03:24:56 pm »
That's my question.
Here's one way: https://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=ponytail+wig#/d2u7v8v
THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!