Author Topic: Official Wig Help Thread  (Read 649378 times)

Offline Z_Skie

• Cabbit
Re: Official Wig Help Thread
« Reply #1150 on: November 04, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »
I have long thick hair and I don't want to cut or dye it so I bought a wig and well I need help putting my wig on with my long thick hair with out making my head look like it has bumps. Also the wig is longer than my hair if that helps with anything.
I will be cosplaying 2014:
Seychelles
Fem Luigi

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1151 on: November 04, 2013, 09:31:37 pm »
Z, try youtube. There are many ways to put a wig on with long thick hair. Most of the tutorials are girs with hair similar to that so most tutorials wil help you, then just pick the one you like most and use that method.

Offline Deadly Mustang

• Oni
« Reply #1152 on: February 20, 2014, 10:18:18 pm »
Can anyone give me some advice on a wig for Gajeel Redox from Fairy Tail?

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1153 on: February 21, 2014, 08:36:20 am »
Looks like you will need a lace front wig in order to get the slicked back look, and probably some more extensions to help fill it out.

If you live in the Portland area Wig Land has a few lace front wigs otherwise I would suggest Arda Wigs, and probably this one would be your best bet http://arda-wigs.com/products/suzi

Also keep in mind, lace front wigs tend to cost more than other wigs, there are ways to style a normal wig and make it look slicked back but it can be hard to do.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:37:53 am by nikkiolie »

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1154 on: May 03, 2014, 04:16:24 pm »
Has anyone on here gone about hand ventilating any part of a wig, be it the front for a hairline or the entire wig? I'm looking for tips and suggestions for a project.
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1155 on: May 03, 2014, 10:13:59 pm »
So I need help in choosing a wig for my Mew Mint cosplay. I don't know whether to buy a already styled wig or try and do it myself. Here is a picture of a wig I am looking at on Ebay. What has me nervous is that there is no size indicated with the information. Also its not really the best looking wig but it is cheap.
Smile!!! : )

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1156 on: May 03, 2014, 11:13:28 pm »
So I need help in choosing a wig for my Mew Mint cosplay. I don't know whether to buy a already styled wig or try and do it myself. Here is a picture of a wig I am looking at on Ebay. What has me nervous is that there is no size indicated with the information. Also its not really the best looking wig but it is cheap.

Styling this is simple actually i would go with arda and get the chibi wig (located in the unique wigs section) and 2 buns. Then chop most the pigtails into nubs ans clip the buns to those. Itll cost more but its more worth it

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1157 on: May 04, 2014, 12:31:47 am »

Styling this is simple actually i would go with arda and get the chibi wig (located in the unique wigs section) and 2 buns. Then chop most the pigtails into nubs ans clip the buns to those. Itll cost more but its more worth it

I was considering this but Arda does not have the Chibi in the color that is closest to the character. If they did it would make my life so much easier. The only blue color the Chibi has is midnight blue and that color is too dark for the character. I will search around. I have considered buying a medium wig from Arda but they still do not have the color I need. If all else fails I will probably buy one of the short wigs and buy a couple wefts so make the buns.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1158 on: May 04, 2014, 10:37:34 am »

I was considering this but Arda does not have the Chibi in the color that is closest to the character. If they did it would make my life so much easier. The only blue color the Chibi has is midnight blue and that color is too dark for the character. I will search around. I have considered buying a medium wig from Arda but they still do not have the color I need. If all else fails I will probably buy one of the short wigs and buy a couple wefts so make the buns.

You could do that I guess, but you will also need wefts. You can't part for pigtails in a normal wig that isn't already styled into them. I don't know exactly where the tutorial is, but someone did it using an epiccosplay wig and you need to add wefts from the inside poking out in order to make the netting not show. So it can get pretty pricey

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1159 on: May 04, 2014, 02:08:12 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion I ended up finding a wig that is very similar to the Chibi and has the part in the back and is the right color. So now I can stub it use the extra hair have Styrofoam balls to make the buns. There are many tutorials on that so I'm good now. Thank you to everyone for all the helpful suggestions.

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1160 on: June 05, 2014, 06:54:13 pm »
I'm having difficulty with my Dirk cosplay. I'm using my real hair but I don't exactly know how to style it, let alone, I'm terrible at it. So if you can help me that would be wonderful!!!

Offline moonbeam

• Cabbit
« Reply #1161 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:04 pm »
Sailor moon bun help  I believe I can get a wig that can work . But it wouldn't have her buns I saw a video were you use like extra wig hair and super glue it to a Styrofoam ball but. ..... that was for a wig they edited a lot ... so any ideas tips ? Please help I'm  new at detailed wigs and I'm low on cash since kumori con prices went up
Prepare for trouble make that double !
Fighting evil by moon light finding love by daylight !

Offline lancej95

• Oni
« Reply #1162 on: October 28, 2014, 03:45:05 pm »
I have never bought a wig and I've never actually worn one. I mean, yeah, there has been one on my head but never with the preparation I see people do with the cap and whatnot. I know I'll need at least one next year but I have no idea what I'm doing...

Any help, advice, anything is greatly appreciated!

Offline animefan209

• Cabbit
« Reply #1163 on: October 28, 2014, 07:21:41 pm »
I've really been considering to cosplay Yusei Fudo next year and I don't know what to do for the wig. I have never styled a wig before. Any advice please? Here's what the wig should look like:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1164 on: November 07, 2014, 03:52:18 pm »
I've really been considering to cosplay Yusei Fudo next year and I don't know what to do for the wig. I have never styled a wig before. Any advice please? Here's what the wig should look like:

Look up any general "yu-gi-oh wig tutiral"..They will more than likely all be Yugi, but it's the same method..This will be 100% impossible to make it look good withoug doing it that way..You will need to know a LOT of things to do this..You will need to know how to correctly take wefts out of a wig, how to make the shapes of the spikes out of another material (usually foam) and you'll need to attach them to the wig and glue the hair to the structure and so on.
These wigs are by far the HARDEST to do..If this is your first wig, or your first cosplay, and you've never made a prop before, I say do not try this until you have done at least a little of that stuff..