Author Topic: What kind of Merch do YOU want to see????  (Read 18590 times)

Offline AddictedtoText

• Oni
    • Addictedtotext: the Blog
What kind of Merch do YOU want to see????
« on: March 22, 2009, 08:05:29 pm »
Hi All! I'm the 2009 Merchandise Coordinator this year and I'd LOVE your ideas on what you'd like to see sold at con.

I also need booth workers at con as well...

Thanks for all your input in advance.  :)

[Moderator's (JeffT) note: This thread is for Kumoricon-branded merchandise suggestions, not just any items in the exhibitors hall.]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:05:55 pm by JeffT »
- 2008 Registration Staff
- 2008 Vice Helper
- 2009 Registration Manager
- 2009 Merchandise Coordinator

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: What kind of Merch do YOU want to see????
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:48:39 pm »
I don't know if they sell this, but I think it would be cool for KumoriCon wristbands or sweatbands in a variety of colors.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:35:52 am »
I like anime merch that is SUBTLE enough to 'blend in with mundane reality,' as I'd put it.
I have a NOIR key ring which is a plated metal medallion about the size of a fifty cent piece.
One side has the two-sword logo (as seen on the pocket watch in the show) and the other side is a title logo with silhouettes of the two main characters.

Another example might be stuff an office manager might park on his desk that only those 'in the know' would pick up on. Like a brass model vanship (Last Exile) which you could park right next to a similar-sized model of a real-world 1909 Bleriot monoplane, and those not 'in the know' might not notice, or think that the vanship was no less real than the aeroplane next to it...

THAT kind of discreet fun stuff...
Like 'Stealth Cosplay' - when you find a character who dresses within the range of what you might wear to your own job - so you Cosplay it! My sweetie once went to her office job as Mirielle Bouquet - red top, black skirt, belt with small rectangular metal buckle, and a pink and white stripes purse ...

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:13 am »
I like anime merch that is SUBTLE enough to 'blend in with mundane reality,' as I'd put it.
I have a NOIR key ring which is a plated metal medallion about the size of a fifty cent piece.
One side has the two-sword logo (as seen on the pocket watch in the show) and the other side is a title logo with silhouettes of the two main characters.

Another example might be stuff an office manager might park on his desk that only those 'in the know' would pick up on. Like a brass model vanship (Last Exile) which you could park right next to a similar-sized model of a real-world 1909 Bleriot monoplane, and those not 'in the know' might not notice, or think that the vanship was no less real than the aeroplane next to it...

THAT kind of discreet fun stuff...
Like 'Stealth Cosplay' - when you find a character who dresses within the range of what you might wear to your own job - so you Cosplay it! My sweetie once went to her office job as Mirielle Bouquet - red top, black skirt, belt with small rectangular metal buckle, and a pink and white stripes purse ...
...now I have to find that Noir key ring!

But I think she meant for the Kumoricon booth :P

If so: stickers and patches would be awesome.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:22:10 pm »
same thing i always say, colapable umbrellas
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:58:29 pm »
Kumoricon underwear.  Seriously, I dunno.. a plushie of that year's mascot?  ??? >_>;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 03:48:44 pm »
The bags last year were awesome. I use it everyday for school, until it falls apart to the part where I can't fix it.

I really like the idea for kumoricon underwear. I mean a friend of mine bought a voodoo doughnut's pair, k-con would be awesome to have. stickers and other things you could wear would be always a plus. Umbrella's would be amazing! Those should definitely be made, they make so much sense. 8D
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 05:48:54 pm »
Hmmm..  How about a KumoriCon Cosplay Calendar featuring images of Cosplayers from previous cons?  It may be difficult to limit your choices to only the 12 months.  You could always have a forum for voting on your favorite image and have people upload the images to vote on.  You also have to get the permission of the cosplayers in the photos to use them for a calendar you are selling, but I think it would be one hot item if you had it.

Not sure it fits with a KCon booth, but tabi socks.  I really want to see SOMEONE selling tabi.  I know a lot of cosplayers that would just love to be able to buy some.

A KumoriCon Kimono or Yukata - Hard to say, would be expensive to manufacture, and difficult to design, but I havn't heard of any other con that had a kimono or yukata instead of a T-shirt or jacket.  ;D  Hmm..  May also consider a bathrobe for those who attend the "bedtime stories" panel.

A cloth book/manga bag might not be a bad thing either.  It might make it more convenient to carry around your purchases, so people might buy it just for the convenience of having it.

The umbrella may be a good idea for the same reason.  It does rain a lot in Oregon, and during the con is no exception.  If you want a large umbrella...  I know that a lot of cosplayers would want to take pictures holding it, and the implications of (gulp) sharing it.  :-[   :o   ;)

Pantsu?  I don't know.  Wouldn't that start a rash of ecchi and hentai people going around trying to take pictures of KumoriCon underwear on all the schoolgirls and lolitas?  Sounds like you are asking for trouble.  Besides, I think ichigo, kuma, neko, and usagi are more popular and cute than our mascot.  Of course you can sell them if you want to.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:20:12 pm »
Pantsu?  I don't know.  Wouldn't that start a rash of ecchi and hentai people going around trying to take pictures of KumoriCon underwear on all the schoolgirls and lolitas?  Sounds like you are asking for trouble.  Besides, I think ichigo, kuma, neko, and usagi are more popular and cute than our mascot.  Of course you can sell them if you want to.

I have to agree. I thought merchandise was suppose to be VISIBLE so it can ADVERTISE Kumori Con. Underwear kinda defeats the purpose (Slicks did suggest Kumori-condoms... but I don't think you wanna go there)

I personally really like patches. And stickers! Rathany had a great to link to a website that makes custom oval stickers that would match Kumori Con's logo perfectly. And beanies with matching scarves. It would match the umbrellas because along with the rain, it's can also get really cold in Oregon *shivers*
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:55:41 pm by AnimeMatrix »

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 09:33:07 pm »
How bout a wearable pouch that you can put your badge in but also has a pocket for small items, like your phone and money? Most cosplayers HATE wearing purses or dont have pockets for wallets. This would allow you to keep your badge visable and keep your important things with you.

I agree with the small items like stickers, patches, umbrellas, beanies, and keychains. And of course shirts. BUT MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE YEAR ON EVERYTHING!!!! (or at least all the new things) Things are much more memorable when you look back and say "Oh wow that was from 2009!"
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 11:00:02 pm »
If you do make underwear make sure there's something for the males as well.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 09:15:46 am »
Hmmm..  How about a KumoriCon Cosplay Calendar featuring images of Cosplayers from previous cons?  It may be difficult to limit your choices to only the 12 months.  You could always have a forum for voting on your favorite image and have people upload the images to vote on.  You also have to get the permission of the cosplayers in the photos to use them for a calendar you are selling, but I think it would be one hot item if you had it.

Not sure it fits with a KCon booth, but tabi socks.  I really want to see SOMEONE selling tabi.  I know a lot of cosplayers that would just love to be able to buy some.

A KumoriCon Kimono or Yukata - Hard to say, would be expensive to manufacture, and difficult to design, but I havn't heard of any other con that had a kimono or yukata instead of a T-shirt or jacket.  ;D  Hmm..  May also consider a bathrobe for those who attend the "bedtime stories" panel.

A cloth book/manga bag might not be a bad thing either.  It might make it more convenient to carry around your purchases, so people might buy it just for the convenience of having it.

The umbrella may be a good idea for the same reason.  It does rain a lot in Oregon, and during the con is no exception.  If you want a large umbrella...  I know that a lot of cosplayers would want to take pictures holding it, and the implications of (gulp) sharing it.  :-[   :o   ;)

I like the cosplay calendar Idea, I would buy that.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 11:05:16 am »
I see the issue with the pantie idea, I just thought it would be cool to own a pair. >_<

The Calender is an awesome idea as well. It's kind of like those ones that are made for community's or school district's. and I always need a new calender but I never know which one to get.

da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 06:05:17 pm »
How bout a wearable pouch that you can put your badge in but also has a pocket for small items, like your phone and money? Most cosplayers HATE wearing purses or dont have pockets for wallets. This would allow you to keep your badge visable and keep your important things with you.
This would be a cool thing to have.  If I had such a pouch, I'd probably use it for my bus pass if I started riding trimet regularly again.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 04:28:29 pm »
MOAR JAY-RAWK CD'S / DVD'S / T-SHIRTS / FABRIC BAND LOGO PATCHES, kthnx.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:35:39 pm by neko_goes_nyaaa »

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 12:42:40 pm »
Leather belt Pouches. comes in many colors. fit in with nearly any cosplay!

http://www.amazon.com/Amerileather-Assorted-Leather-Fanny-Packs/dp/B00066NAK0

check it out!
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 02:25:10 pm »
lol I havent worn a fanny pack since I was a child.....personally I think they are kinda tacky....Good Idea for others though. :)
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 10:21:09 pm »
I think that a canvas bag with the mascot would fit my needs.
Sakuracon~

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 12:33:42 pm »
I've got three words for you, my friend: I. Want. Keychains.
I love 'em, can't get enough of 'em... I collect 'em. It's a sick, sick obsession... By now I have three large tubs full of assorted keychains but it's still not enough... I need more! More!
At the last KamuriCon alone I bought around ten keychains of various anime. So yeah, if there are some different, unique keychains available you can bet that I'll be there buying them... Possibly foaming at the mouth. But don't be worried about that, it's natural when I find some interesting keychains. :o

A KamuriCon keychain would be awesome. I don't think I've ever seen one...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:36:05 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 02:31:42 pm »
I was sad there was no place to buy Jrock stuff at last year's kumori con. Also, pretty much all I buy at anime cons is yaoi, lol.

Offline Namazzi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 06:00:17 pm »

I love that idea.. I would totally buy it.  ;D

Offline princess_yaoi

• Oni
    • http://www.myspace.com/princessyaoi124
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 04:02:49 am »
I'd be happy to see lotsa wallscrolls and figurines. Those are really the only things I collect nowadays.
you dawg I herd you like functions so we put a function in yo function so you can derive while you derive

Offline Savvy-kins

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 09:41:18 pm »
Definitely wallscrolls! And some doujins or something... *Sebastian/Cieru drooldrool*
Love your screen name, princess_yaoi! XD
-~-All In All Is All We Are-~-

Offline Kawaii Punkd

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:01 pm »
Oooooh, finally my opinion matters~

DearS merchandise.

Mai Shiranui items of all kinds, I had to wait 4 years to find a Mai PinkySt. Figure. D: Totally fail.

Vocaloid Merchandise.

More Sailor Moon Nostalgia, like wands and brooches. Please no American DiC stuff, I can find that on e-bay if I really wanted more if it.

I also think we should be a bit more on top of what people are selling, I caught some girls selling Leg Avenue costumes as their own creations at Sakura. It made me sad.

Vampire and other kinds of fangs.

Contacts, for cosplay and for non-cosplay.

More J-rock and J-pop merchandise, other than the sponsored guests own merchandise.

Cosplay outfits in ALL sizes, not just small and x-small. More variety in cosplay outfits, not just Shinigami and school uniforms, there's plenty of other cosplays out there. I understand those are the popular items, but there's other popular items people aren't considering.

Foam Armor/wings that aren't ungodly overpriced.

/soapbox Sorry if that's a bit much. I get a little irked when people don't think about us as consumers.
MAX'in it from Beaverton all 3 days~

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 03:11:27 pm »
This thread is for Kumoricon-branded merchandise suggestions. It's not a general "what do you want to see in the dealers room" thread. Hope that clarifies. :)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Kawaii Punkd

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 07:14:37 pm »
Oops, I misread, In that case, hot men and women of cosplay calendars~

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 12:23:46 am »
I would plaster my walls with those!  (if i could afford to)  Good idea!

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 05:08:20 pm »
I'm really looking forward to Doujins, wallscrolls, and figurines this year.
I also saw a D Gray Man wallet last year, and I'm praying to god its there again LOL

Offline princess_yaoi

• Oni
    • http://www.myspace.com/princessyaoi124
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 02:41:49 pm »
Definitely wallscrolls! And some doujins or something... *Sebastian/Cieru drooldrool*
Love your screen name, princess_yaoi! XD

Thanks! :D

It's been my nickname for a while now.
you dawg I herd you like functions so we put a function in yo function so you can derive while you derive

Offline UtadaFan20

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 08:32:03 pm »
The calender idea is a great one I would totally buy it. I would so like to see more wearable merchendise and definetly more Yaoi merchendise I didn't see a whole lot last year and was kinda disapointed, and it would be great if you could get some Yaoi paddles I so need one.
Kumoricon 2012??????

oslapedo

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 08:35:07 pm »
I'm pretty sure KCon doesn't do the whole yaoi paddle thing because it's rather haphazardous...

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 09:55:48 pm »
I would like to see some resin kits of figures and a little more diverse of the figures as well~ : 3 thank you~

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 01:14:50 pm »
Once again this thread has kinda strayed from its origins.

We are not in control of what kinds of figurines or wall scrolls will be offered by our vendors. All our vendors submit a request and we admit them baised on our availablity.

What we want to know is what kind of KUMORICON merchandise you would like to see/buy.

Examples:
~Kumoricon Shirts
~Kumoricon Hoodies
~Kumoricon Hats
~Kumoricon Tote Bags
etc.... :)

Ive heard some things in this thread that could definently be considered to put our Kumoricon logo/Mascot on:
Umbrellas
Keychains
Pouches
Calendars
Buttons

*Also as oslapedo mentioned Kumoricon does not allow Yaoi/Yuri paddles PM me if you want more specifics on it*

Thanks Guys!
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 10:09:04 am »
I agree that the umbrella's would be awesome. I would love to have a Kumoricon tote bag as well. :)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 03:59:29 pm »
Kumoricon '09 gummy bracelet thingys. I love those.
I also liked the idea of shirts and Sweatshirts, I would love to have one!
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Kawaii Punkd

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 10:34:55 pm »

This was an idea I discussed a few years ago with one of my friend on Staff, we were joking about how geeks are attracted to shiny things, and I thought of my sister's husband who works for a screen printing company. He does amazing things with art and screen printing, and he also prints Vinyl, so I asked him to make me something, as a Prototype. The perfect anime/geek fan shirt for our convention, made here in Oregon!

I'm the only one who owns this shirt, and I only sport it to cons, when not in costume. But I'd love to get people in more of them, because these rock.

The only thing about this style of printing is the vinyl is hard to print onto a shirt, with small details like the kanji in the middle of the circle, they tried to make one with the kanji but the vinyl didn't cooperate and wound up being more of a hassle. So they cut it out of the design, because it'd be too hard to mass produce with their quality standards.

The cost per shirt is about $10, which I would pay no problem. I'd even pay 15 or 20, I'm more interested to know if this is a good idea or not for the con as a sponsored merchandise.

Yes? No?

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 10:37:01 pm »
That would be soo cool to have!

Offline Kawaii Punkd

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 10:54:45 pm »
Nice, One vote yes~ *thumbs up*

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 10:59:51 pm »
Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I read the first post and it didn't say that~ Sorry

Well for KUMORICON I would like to see bumper stickers maybe? Maybe plushies of the mascot? (that might be too much though to make...)
Photo Albums? that would be cute :3
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:00:50 pm by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2009, 11:06:15 pm »
Photo Albums would be AWESOME! Storing all of your con memories. <3

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2009, 11:07:12 pm »
Even though the plushies might be too much to do, I think that would be awesome and everyone would want them. I believe that everyone would want them and Kumoricon would make a killing for them.

oslapedo

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2009, 11:09:29 pm »
Photo Albums would be AWESOME! Storing all of your con memories. <3

I concur~!

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2009, 06:11:18 pm »
What about notebooks?

Offline UtadaFan20

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 09:21:37 pm »
I vote yes on the shirt. Also the photo album and plushies are great ideas, I would tottaly buy one of each and 1 for each of my friends.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:22:07 pm by UtadaFan20 »
Kumoricon 2012??????

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:21 pm »
I think plushies would make the event more memorable and special since we could only buy them at the con.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 12:19:11 am »
I just had an idea that would be kind of cool (IMO).

Basically, metal or plastic stencils of the logo with a strong adhesive on the back which could be attached to CD Cases, Binders, bags, et cetera would be a versatile way to get the Kumoricon Logo floating around without dropping a large investment into something that potentially wouldn't interest people.  In essence, just a nice looking non-sticker logo which could be firmly attached to a piece of cloth or plastic.  Even just a bunch of engraved metal plates with an adhesive on the back would work for this.  I don't know where to go to get something like this mass produced, but a trophy shop might be a good place to start.

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2009, 09:09:04 am »
That sounds like a really great idea, only problem is that other people might not want to take the time out of their day to do that. Just have something that is pre-made from Kumoricon. Somehow I think that will make it more special to people.

Offline Kawaii Punkd

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2009, 11:40:41 am »
the very same vinyl for my shirts can be attached to anything.

I can see how much they are, but I'd imagine no more than a normal sticker.

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2009, 03:32:02 pm »
backpacks shaped like hello kitty, pandas, racoons, kirara, pikachu, something along those lines.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2009, 08:50:35 am »
Old fashioned anime games that can't be found in stores anymore. = 3