Author Topic: 8th Grade Graduation Dress.  (Read 14347 times)

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
8th Grade Graduation Dress.
« on: March 17, 2009, 08:56:03 pm »
OK my 8th grade graduation is coming up...i already have two dresses which i don't have pictures of. One of the dresses is a red and black sleek kimono. The other is a knee length silver and black sparkly dress. The colors are silver and blue (i didn't want those) But i have some pictures of other dresses I found and if anyone has opinions on Which one they like best then..post them here!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:56:41 pm by Kallika »

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
Re: 8th Grade Graduation Dress.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 09:11:59 pm »
Those.. Are.. SO KYUTE!
 I wish I had something like that back in the 8th grade! My favourites are the first and last one :3
I like goats.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:17:12 pm »
I like those ones too!!!...but then again..i like them all :P

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:25:04 pm »
Wow, now I know for sure I'm an old geezer. So I want to ask, are those going to be similar to what others will be wearing, or will they make you the fashion setter? They are nice dresses, but what do I know, we didn't graduate from 8th grade way back when. Not even 6th grade, there was only one graduation, 12th.

What I am thinking is that these are evening dresses. I think my lil' 1/2 sister had her graduation in the afternoon. As such, I think the 3rd and the last ones would be best for that time. Afternoon ceremony would be the 2nd, the black floral chintz number.

But if you want to stand out, take the first!

Glad to know you are on top of things, or are you expecting to get school cut 2 weeks due to the budget?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 09:28:47 pm »
Wow, now I know for sure I'm an old geezer. So I want to ask, are those going to be similar to what others will be wearing, or will they make you the fashion setter? They are nice dresses, but what do I know, we didn't graduate from 8th grade way back when. Not even 6th grade, there was only one graduation, 12th.

What I am thinking is that these are evening dresses. I think my lil' 1/2 sister had her graduation in the afternoon. As such, I think the 3rd and the last ones would be best for that time. Afternoon ceremony would be the 2nd, the black floral chintz number.

But if you want to stand out, take the first!

Glad to know you are on top of things, or are you expecting to get school cut 2 weeks due to the budget?
I will most likely have dresses like other people, but my dresses might be a different style..i like being different than everyone else. As for the question..im not sure sorry.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 09:34:54 pm »
You just aren't going to go as far as cat ears, right?

I wouldn't exactly expect you to know if school will be cut short, I'm still wondering if they are going to make me take 26 furlough days over the next two years. And my mom is a state representative! She doesn't know. Not yet anyway.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:17 pm »
I may have a bow..but no cat ears...i also may have knee high socks with skulls on them..

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 09:58:23 pm »
I remember my 8th grade...promotion was what it was called, but I guess graduation for you... :)

I thought the first two look like winter dance dresses that I see in stores when its around that time. You would stand out beautifully in the last pink/black one. The middle two are cute also, but I like the pink one the most.
And so it begins...

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 11:01:35 pm »
I love the first one! :D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 11:10:14 pm »
I like the first and last as well ^_^

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 12:23:38 am »
A bow in the hair would be so so adorable with one of these dresses!!
 Knee high socks? Are you friggin' insane? xD
I like goats.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 05:47:34 am »
A bow in the hair would be so so adorable with one of these dresses!!
 Knee high socks? Are you friggin' insane? xD
I told you i like standing out...
And if anyone is wondering why I'm up so early I'm getting ready for school..so i won't be able to reply for a while :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 05:48:21 am by Kallika »

Offline Blackstar

• Chibi
    • DA Art
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 05:49:58 am »
I like the first dress too and standing out is awesome. It show that you are happy with who you are.

Also I am too up early geting ready for school
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 05:52:53 am by Blackstar »
Cospaly                    Planed cosplay
Near                         Beat (TWEWY)                                                     Pocky Box                 James (Team Rocket)
Blackstar                   Kiba
Soul
Toushiro Hitsugaya   
Jiraya

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 03:42:14 pm »
OK I'm finally back from school!!!! I got my 100 dollar deposit back from my 8th grade field trip because apparently we aren't going to go see a play in Ashland.

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 07:02:22 pm »
Im going to agree with most here and say that I love the first one best.

*on a side note* I was so excited when I realized my senior year of High School that my 8th Grade Promotion dress still fit. I wore the same dress under my senior graduation robe as I did for 8th Grade Promotion. My mom was going to buy me a new dress but I really thought it was more special since I had only worn the dress once before. We use to joke that if that dress still fit for my wedding I would wear it. lol. It dosnt come close to fitting now, but I still have it because its special to me. :)

Special times.
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 07:06:48 pm »
Ok..i think I've narrowed it down to either the first or the last dress..BUT WHICH ONE!!!?!?!!? Should i flip a coin or something?

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 07:08:52 pm »
Have you gone and tried them on? Or are you buying them online?  Trying them on is essential!! ^_^

*on a side note* I was so excited when I realized my senior year of High School that my 8th Grade Promotion dress still fit. I wore the same dress under my senior graduation robe as I did for 8th Grade Promotion. My mom was going to buy me a new dress but I really thought it was more special since I had only worn the dress once before. We use to joke that if that dress still fit for my wedding I would wear it. lol. It dosnt come close to fitting now, but I still have it because its special to me. :)

Special times.

That is so cute! I think I kept my senior prob dress... but not my promotion one. >_<
And so it begins...

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 07:16:39 pm »
That is so cute! I think I kept my senior prob dress... but not my promotion one. >_<

Thanks. My senior prom dress was a Renaissance style dress that my grandma and I made, and I still wear to Renaissance Faires all the time. (Ive had to alter it a bit but its still beautiful.)

@ Kallika

I say dress no. 1 but thats just me. lol :)
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 07:19:08 pm »
Have you gone and tried them on? Or are you buying them online?  Trying them on is essential!! ^_^

Special times.

No it's not possible for me to try them on..but I knoew my dress size and I have a dress in a similar style so..i think i get a size 2 :P

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 08:49:39 pm »
What's a promotion dress? IS that like a promenade dress? Because it sounds like a dress the sales clerk was trying to get you to buy. Confused. ???
Have Fun

Jay

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 08:53:48 pm »
What's a promotion dress? IS that like a promenade dress? Because it sounds like a dress the sales clerk was trying to get you to buy. Confused. ???

jaybug, are you being sarcastic? I'm not sure.

Well, when I "passed" the eight grade, I had a promotion ceremony to high school 9th grade. Here, Kallika is having a "graduation" from 8th grade, and is the same but titled differently (although I wonder...). Promotion dress = dress for promotion/graduation... Someone correct me, if I provide false info! :3
And so it begins...

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 08:58:00 pm »
Oooh, oooh, my 8th grade graduation is coming up soon too.~
I really like the first two, but that's just me.
Personally, I'll probably have something pink, with bows and stuff. :3

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 10:05:49 pm »
Thanks Moon beam. I went to middle school and junior high school, but neither had any ceremony for completing 8th grade. Junior high's excuse was you still had to get through 9th grade before you went to high school.

I was thinking it was a misspelling, not an actual type.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 10:12:38 pm »
Thanks Moon beam. I went to middle school and junior high school, but neither had any ceremony for completing 8th grade. Junior high's excuse was you still had to get through 9th grade before you went to high school.

I was thinking it was a misspelling, not an actual type.

I've been promoted to Moon bean...er beam...actually kinda cool. :) Your welcome! School is indeed different everywhere...and time. :P
And so it begins...

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 10:25:52 pm »
I'd go with the first one.  ;)
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 11:01:01 pm »
If you can avoid it, don't wear a dress with a bow you have to tie. I don't know about you, but if my dress had a bow I'd be constantly re-tying it to get it perfect, so yeah, my example is number two, its adorable, but the bow will get annying.
I miss 2010.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 11:11:46 pm »
I LOVE THEM!
I'd go purple or black and white!

My 8th grade graduation is coming up too!
I have a Maka dress (you know, the dress Maka wears to the ball in Soul Eater?) and I was thinking I'd just wear that.

Thanks for reminding me ms is almost over!
*starts crying*
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 10:11:38 am »
The last one gets MY vote <3
Sakuracon~

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 01:06:15 pm »
I have ordered the purplish pink dress thx for everyone who game me their opinions :P

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 08:29:35 pm »
Upper left FTW.

EDIT: . . Or not.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:30:05 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."