Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 9614 times)

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
Left 4 Dead
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:32:19 pm »
I was just wondering if anyone played this and if there could possibly be some sort of tournament set up for it. I know there's a Vs. mode but I don't own the game so I'm not sure how that would work, also, it's most likely better on the PC than on a console.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
Re: Left 4 Dead
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 11:26:58 am »
Its Team Versus. It plays out like the campaign but with One team as special infected and the other as the survivors. The survivors must try and make it to the safe room while the infected try to stop them. At the end of the round teams switch sides and the map is played over. You play each map twice, once as an infected and once as a Survivor. There are five maps to a Campaign for a total of 10 rounds. At the end the team with the higher score wins.

Scoring

(Average Distance Traveled) + (Health Score)] * (Number of Survivors in Safe Room) * (Map Modifier)

For more info or anything I Left out

http://left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-versus-preview-1

Team Koga

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:22 pm »
I own and play often. I am missing a mere 3 achievments.
jump shot (shooting a hunter in the head mid leap is tricky when your trained to shoot center mass)
Zombie Genocidist (I need more time)
What are you trying to prove (2 more campaigns and this is done)

Im usually playing each night. My username on steam is the same as here. Look me up if you wish :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:00 am »
Yeah im pretty much in the same boat with 2 to go. I'm missing Zombie Genocidist
and I need 3 more campaigns for What are you trying to prove. Don't know when I'll find the time to finally get them, especially with Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5 keeping me busy.   Easiest way to get jump shot is with the M16. I aimed for a lil above center mass and slid up as I did my burst shot. Looking at your acheivment status Im sure you'll get it pretty soon.
Oh yea I play on Xbox ThreeSixTea.
Team Koga

Offline VenomDkoc

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:50:18 am »
well...a left 4 dead tournament would be pretty awesome.. itd probably be the easiest to set up on Xbox but i much prefer it on the PC.. its easier to aim lol
heh..im missing the  dont get healed acheve ment.. no survivor takes dmg... what are you trying to prove.. and somethine else but idk what ti is atm.. and i just got zombie genocidest today.. was awesome

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 11:34:27 am »
Man, I have played this once so far, and I freaking love it. If there was a tournament, I would so join. What you could do, is see who can survive the longest in the survival mode. The team who survives the longest wins.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:35:07 am by Teasel »
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 12:01:29 pm »
Man, I have played this once so far, and I freaking love it. If there was a tournament, I would so join. What you could do, is see who can survive the longest in the survival mode. The team who survives the longest wins.

Sounds good! I would love to play in a tournament~

I've been super sad lately because the defective Xbox 360 Microsoft sent to replace my broken one ate my Left 4 Dead disc as soon as I put it in T.T

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 08:13:42 pm »
hehehe...I like the Zombie side...a LOT!
And so it begins...

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 12:41:51 am »
They're not zombies! They're mutants! MUTANTS!
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 08:48:36 am »
Okay, okay! Mutants!  :D  Just because they don't eat brainz/humanz doesn't exclude them from MY zombie category!!! They are zombie-like mutants...

Why don't they call Zombie Genocidist achievement, MUTANT genocidist?   ::)

Anywho...INFECTED side in versus mode is a blast! ^_^

I can't wait for Left4dead 2!!! yeah!
And so it begins...

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 08:41:12 pm »
After seeing the videos, I'm not that excited for L4D2...

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 08:43:15 pm »
I want to walk around as the witch!  Have ya'll seen any L4D parodies on youtube? Hilarious! (some) XD
And so it begins...

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 08:49:45 pm »
Because they ALWAYS win!

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 08:50:40 pm »
Because they ALWAYS win!

Well, no, I've won on the survivor's side too.. it really depends on your team. No AI's are the best!
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 01:33:31 am »
Because they ALWAYS win!

That depends more on whether or not you jump in with abuncha strangers or a team of your friends. As in most games the more networked team will almost always win against a group of walk-ons. (skill helps too)

Well, no, I've won on the survivor's side too.. it really depends on your team. No AI's are the best!

Actually Having one or two AI's to act as Sharpshooters is extremly helpful in both campaign and online versus. They tend to spot and kill Special Infected better then actual human players, in most cases shooting them as soon as its possible to do so within their 360 degree line of sight. This helps more in maps with lots of soft cover (i.e Tree's and bushes) which bullets will pass right through. The AI will be able to spot and shoot straight through the Trees and bushes killing an otherwise perfectly hidden special infected that in most cases a human player wouldn't be able to see. Ultimatley you would want the AI to play as either Louis or Bill who will always grab the Assault rifle, if the AI plays as Zoey or francis it will be using the much less helpful Shotgun or sniper rifle.
(the shotgun is only less helpful in the hands of an AI due to its short range. As for the sniperifle.. pfft nobody uses that.)
Team Koga

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 10:46:47 am »
Actually Having one or two AI's to act as Sharpshooters is extremly helpful in both campaign and online versus. They tend to spot and kill Special Infected better then actual human players, in most cases shooting them as soon as its possible to do so within their 360 degree line of sight. This helps more in maps with lots of soft cover (i.e Tree's and bushes) which bullets will pass right through. The AI will be able to spot and shoot straight through the Trees and bushes killing an otherwise perfectly hidden special infected that in most cases a human player wouldn't be able to see. Ultimatley you would want the AI to play as either Louis or Bill who will always grab the Assault rifle, if the AI plays as Zoey or francis it will be using the much less helpful Shotgun or sniper rifle.
(the shotgun is only less helpful in the hands of an AI due to its short range. As for the sniperifle.. pfft nobody uses that.)

We haz a professional here! ^_^  I totally see what you mean, but it's more exciting for me to play with real players..Having a couple AI's when it's your turn to become the infected... you would have less help and not as much fun ^_^ The thrill of an organized ambush!!! Woo~ Plus, no communication with AI's vs... screaming @ ur buddy.. LOL! :D muahaha!
And so it begins...

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 12:55:05 am »
It doesn't matter what character the AI uses, it still pisses me off.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 01:20:42 am »

I know what ya mean, sometimes they can be a little bit difficult. The hardest part about using an AI is getting them to go and stay where you want to.

We haz a professional here! ^_^  I totally see what you mean, but it's more exciting for me to play with real players..Having a couple AI's when it's your turn to become the infected... you would have less help and not as much fun ^_^ The thrill of an organized ambush!!! Woo~ Plus, no communication with AI's vs... screaming @ ur buddy.. LOL! :D muahaha!

Yeah I totally agree on that. When it comes to playing special infected 4 humans is usually best and more fun.
I normally prefer human players as opposed to an AI, though I don't mind having one or sometimes even two AI's when playing as survivors.
Any more then two is too many.

Team Koga

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 12:47:46 pm »

I know what ya mean, sometimes they can be a little bit difficult. The hardest part about using an AI is getting them to go and stay where you want to.

Louis typically pisses me off, but Bill REALLY pissed me off last time I played!